Options

*** Boston I Fanviews 5/24 Here ***

thefireiscookingthefireiscooking Posts: 10
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

My Morning Jacket Set List: Anytime, What a Wonderful Man, Off the Record, O Is The One That Is Real, Gideon, Steam Engine, Golden, Wordless Chorus, One Big Holiday

Pearl Jam Set List: Release, Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Corduroy , Animal, Red Mosquito, Love Boat Captain, Better Man, Unemployable, Even Flow, Sad, Wishlist, Gone, Green Disease , Down, Jeremy, Life Wasted, Why Go

1st Encore: Forever Young, Masters Of War, Crazy Mary, Inside Job, Alive

2nd Encore: Spin The Black Circle, Do The Evolution, Whipping, Rats, Comatose, Rocking In The Free World

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early set list from: theskyiscrape.com, blackredyellow.com

Set list source: tenclub.net and mymorningjacket.com and you.

~
bernadine holland
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    ~

You’re Fanview “Replies” have been spectacular and a true pleasure to read.

Simply captivating, every single post…almost.

Thanks for sharing and please continue, thefireiscooking

~
    bernadine holland
  • Options
    outontheporchoutontheporch Posts: 172
    oh crAP!!!!! Rats agaiN!!!!!! And masters of war holy crap dude. Nice to see STBC too. But seriously...

WHERE IS THE YIELD LOVE??

Cant wait to see them
    "I forgot the F***ing song."
    - Eddie Vedder, San Francisco 7-16-06, after botching Sometimes, the night's opener

http://people.ucsc.edu/~mquery/pics/pujolsFTW.JPG
  • Options
    IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,649
    great show.

was in first loge section front row - see floor and band so well. Crazy-Mary/Inside Job saw maybe 3-4 people into it in the first 5 rows - saw a few poeple sitting down

SHOW COUNT: (149) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=89, US=109, CAN=15, Europe=19 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
    Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:  Sacramento, Vegas x2, Manchester, London, Chicago x2, NYC x2, Fenway x2, Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

• Options
    Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    Great show :)

Lots of people not into it though....but hey, to each their own. I rocked out.

I still can't believe it...11 shows, knowing they have kept Smile on their setlists since it came out and I've heard Why Go twice, Garden, Rats...stuff they havn't played in YEARS and still no Smile...

Maybe tomorrow night.. :)
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    Hands boundHands bound Posts: 534
    ~

Pearl Jam set list: Release, Severed Hand, World Wide Suicide, Corduroy, Animal, Red Mosquito, Love Boat Captain, Better Man, Unemployable, Even Flow, Sad, Wishlist, Gone, Green Disease, Down, Jeremy, Life Wasted, Why Go

1st encore: Forever Young (Ed and Jeff), Masters of War, Crazy Mary, Inside Job, Alive

2nd encore: Spin The Black Circle, Do The Evolution, Whipping, Rats, Comatose, Rocking In The Free World

This thread is reserved for the lucky fans that were there.

Please post your Fanview if you were in attendance.

Early set list from: theskyiscrape.com, blackredyellow.com

Set list source: tenclub.net, mymorningjacket.com and you.

~

Psst...I believe it was Corduroy THEN Worldwide Suicide....I think *scratches head*
    Underneath this smile lies everything
    all my hopes, anger, pride and shame...
  • Options
    marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    Like Ed said, best crowd of the tour and better then the South American ones....We had to defend our crown as PJ's second home. The band had a TON of energy
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • Options
    WOW!!!!

My first show since 2000 and it ROCKED!!! Forever Young was EXCELLENT, the Release opener was great...I'm still flying, so I'll add more later, but a KILLER show!

Edit time:

So, I didn't realize I had to be home for a family function this week (I live in Denver now) so didn't get 10C tix 'cuz didn't think about making the shows. However, I got tix easily to both nights through Ticketbastard. My younger brother and I were Balcony 317...not great sound, but good enough to hear and an excellent view from the front left corner of the stage looking down. Dude behind me asked me to sit down...most of our section sat most of the show (I stood the whole time, except the acoustic stuff first encore). As I said, my second show and first since 2000 (it's been a long, complicated 6 years which included having tickets to all 3 Boston shows in '03 and not being able to go...) It was worth the wait. Highlights for me included Release, Down, Animal (my bro wanted it, and seeing him smile like that when it started may have made my night), Red Mosquito, the first 3 songs of Encore I, and Rats. RITFW, which I didn't need to hear since I got it at my first show in 2000 and am sort of played out on (despite my love for NY) was also amazing - the energy ripped. Can't wait for tonight (or for the 2 Denver shows)! LEASH and DEEP (both soundchecked last night) need to come out and play - which I'm sure they will because it's Boston. Leash was last played at the old Garden 12 years ago, so bringing it back at the new one should be fitting. See you all tonight and enjoy all your shows!

Second update: People keep saying that those who say the crowd wasn't into it weren't there. That's false. Here's the deal: In the Balcony, lots of folks were sitting, some were talking, etc. The floor and Loge rocked out, as did parts of the balcony, but a LOT of folks in the Balcony didn't stand, cheer, sing along, or anything else. AND people left early. By mid first encore, the balcony was half empty. MOST of the audience loved it, but A LOT of folks higher up weren't "into it."

*Note: on the setlist above, it was Corduroy after WWS and Green Disease didn't get played until before Down, so ignore that first one listed after Corduroy.*
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Front Row in front of the amp on Stone's side. The best Pearl Jam show I've ever been to (I thought this would be the case in Boston, way to go Boston!) Everyone was just jumping and having a good time, and I'm not just talking about the audience :) The band was fire and the audience was a wind storm laced with dried twigs, they were just brilliant all night. Eddie's voice was amazing. I waved at Mike again, and I think he waved back Yeah MIKE! They were just fire.

Best Pearl Jam experience ever happened at that show:

Mike McCready near the amp that was in front of me, and it was just spectacular it was incredible, it was through the roof to another stratosphere. It was just brilliant.

Eddie Vedder was on the Amp during Alive and I don't know how to describe it. Well, sure I do, I'm a poet after all . . . WOW!

I brought a work associate to the show, her first Pearl Jam show, and I think she's hooked :) I told her I knew the show would be the best Pearl Jam show that I would go to when we were at an Italian cafe in the North End eating cannoli. It was solidified right there. How can a concert be bad if before the show you're eating cannoli at an Italian cafe in the North End of Boston. I was right. Tomorrow is gelato right before hand at an Italian Cafe in the North End of Boston. . .

I don't know how they will top it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it being topped, imagine that ooh la la!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    Great seats (side next to Mike...love watching him...he's so fun), great energy both from the crowd and the band, great second encore!!!! Overall, too many repeats from Albany.....didn't want to hear EFlow, Jeremy, Alive again. They need to mix it up more. But regardless of that, great show!!!
  • Options
    elstongunnelstongunn Posts: 285
    wait did the play Forever Young by Bob DYlan? one of my favs and suggested covers for the tour on the board... wow...
    "There are teams that are fair-haired,and those that aren't so fair-haired.Some teams are named Smith,some Grabowski. We're Grabowskis."-Mike Ditka, January 1986

everytime i have to take a crap i sing EVACUATION!!!
    EVACUATION!!
    "i'll let you be in my dream if i can be in your dream." -b.dylan
  • Options
    saw setlist, encore 2 had breakerfall, smile , solat and alone on it but they were not played
    NO TIME TO BE VOID OR SAVE UP ON LIFE, YOU GOT TO SPEND IT ALL!!!!!!!
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,487
    elstongunn wrote:
    wait did the play Forever Young by Bob DYlan? one of my favs and suggested covers for the tour on the board... wow...

I would believe so since it's his birthday.
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    JammerJammer Posts: 85
    Show was great Eddie loves Boston, He said we blew Grand Rapids away. My voice is shot as well as some of my friends that went. Thanks to all who contributed and made this a concert I wont forget for a long time.
  • Options

I still can't believe it...11 shows, knowing they have kept Smile on their setlists since it came out and I've heard Why Go twice, Garden, Rats...stuff they havn't played in YEARS and still no Smile...

This sort of flies right in the face of Ed's comment...perhaps the loudest crowd since SA?? I think so...this crowed was into it...I don't get that excited about this sort of thing, but this show was great...nothing crazy about the setlist, but it was done and it was done right...lots of fun tonight...

Leash tomorrow, should be a good time...

Make no mistake about it people, Boston I was a great show, don't let anyone tell you differently....ears still ringing, and I love every minute of it.
  • Options
    This Was The Best Crowd Of All Time!!!!!!!

Eddie Pretty Much Said As Much With His Comments About South America.

Truly A Special Evening!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111111
    This one goes to 11...
  • Options

LOTS OF PEOPLE NOT INTO IT?????????????????????

WHAT SHOW WERE YOU AT????????????????????
    This one goes to 11...
  • Options
    I had a hard time finding people not "into it".. I think the best show I have seen and I have seen alot of shows.. red mosquito, was a great surprised havent heard that since 2003. the bob dylan tribute. give me a break, how perfect for his birthday, and finallys show that didnt end with YL. ohh lets not leave out, alive.. that song is turning into the new evenflow as far live stables go, I have no idea what tomorrow will bring, or should I say its "HARD TO IMAGINE" (one can only hope)
    boston: 7/91, 8/92, 4/94, 9/98(x2), 8/00(x2), 7/03(x3), 9/04(x2), 5/06(x2).
    augusta: 9/96
    montreal: 9/05
    hartford: 5/06
    St. Paul: 6/06
    las vegas: 7/06
  • Options
    dburbadburba Qatar Posts: 39
    Amazing show. Had much better seats than I thought, section 22, row 10 (member No. 224XXX). Seemed like it took people around me a little while to get into it, but by the end, man, that place was rocking! Such a great setlist: Forever Young, Red Mosquito, Masters ... A guy next to me had seen the set list, and I overheard him say Rats was on there, but I still didn't believe it until they played it. Mike and Jeff playing patty-cake during RITFW, the Stone shirts--just so much running through my mind.

Plus, the soundchecked Leash, so fingers crossed for tomorrow night!
  • Options
    Show was great. During the last set the place was rocking harder than I have ever seen. The arena was hot all hell. A girl actually passed out in front of me during Crazy Mary which was scary for a few minutes.

I don't know. I think every set is over analyzed way too much and everyone just needs to enjoy the shows and not worry about whether or not they play Leash. Tonight's show was up there on my list of best shows. I wish I could explain the frenzy that the crowd was in during the third set. Rats was tight. I am all done. Ears ringing and body drained. Need to get ready for tommorow.
  • Options
    seano727seano727 Posts: 4
    OH FUCKING A.

That was awesome.

Free seats through my employers, 101.7 WFNX. too bad i have to work our festival show tomorrow.

They were a band possessed, better every time i see them.
  • Options
    KaddikatKaddikat Posts: 1,194
    dburba wrote:
    Amazing show. Had much better seats than I thought, section 22, row 10 (member No. 224XXX). Seemed like it took people around me a little while to get into it, but by the end, man, that place was rocking! Such a great setlist: Forever Young, Red Mosquito, Masters ... A guy next to me had seen the set list, and I overheard him say Rats was on there, but I still didn't believe it until they played it. Mike and Jeff playing patty-cake during RITFW, the Stone shirts--just so much running through my mind.

Plus, the soundchecked Leash, so fingers crossed for tomorrow night!

Omg what a fucking nighT!! thaNk you 10C!! FIRST - TIM (nitro) FUcking hookin SHIt UP! DAYUM bro we'll see you later on today umkay? Porchdweller you are here at the hyatt as well? awww shit! :p

Wowowowowow.. ok ok i got a text with the soundcheck? holy FUCKIng SHIT. :eek: thanks op! dayum!sorry for the phone calls! AAAAAAAAAAAH I swear i thought you were JOKIN!! YOU got JOkes! ;)

ok ok ok the show.. to the pj virgin? DAYUm I hope you and your friends enjoyed the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ok ok ok Lyd and I are FreAKin out over the STONE shirts!! bwgagahahahha!! HELLL YeH! MAD STONE LOVE In dA houSE!!!!!!!! tee hee hee what the hell was that with being filmed? :eek: I hope you guys got the stone shirts (eddie & jeff) on film! FUCK YEAH!

JEFF JEFF JEFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK MY SOX! :D:D:D *hearts hearts hearts* YES YES YES! I SAW! I SAW!! THANK YOU! SERIOUSLY YOU hAVE NO IDEA! NORA!omg! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! *scREAMS runs around in circle!!!* omg omg!!! YeAh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boootY!

FuCKing SAD! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMATOSE!!!!!!!!! RED MOSQUITO!!! DOWN DOWN DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (DADDY-I miss you rest in peace!!!!) OMG! PATTY caKE! FUCKING jeff RUNNINg AROUND IN circles around MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mike ROckin the stage.. MATT owning! Boom love in bostoN!!!

I AM FAWKIN OUt of contROL! WHhhhat tha faWk? bwhaahahhaha..

OMG backstreet lover? YOu guys fucking rock. Omg to the guy dancing with LYD? BWhAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhAHAHA!! ThAT wAS CLASSIC :eek:

Lyd are we meeting at the tEE dee bank tomorrow? sounds a lil *chesty* to me. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH! :eek: bwhwhahah!

ok seriously for everyone that had to sit next to us.. sorry. heheheheheh.. some thangs ya just gotta get outa your system.

Yeah some people needed a while to get into it, some didnt.. to the guy that wanted me to grab/hit your ass? ;) heeheheh thanks..I got my ass grabbin out of the way.. :D you guys were helllla funny!

OMG the guy WiTH TEh SKI mASK? WTF was ThAT? :eek:

hahahahahah there was some dude during MMJ THAT WAS GOin off!! OMG red shirt? DAYUM! you provided tons of laughs but hell yeah fucking ROcked oUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    **Get outa my way, just step aside, or pay the price ~ AC/DC**

You make me feel uncalm and I think I like it - 311

JEFF ROX MY SOX!

"Jeff is just a badass all the way across the board" ~aNiMaL~

"Chill out Kaddikat"
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    pj always saves the best 4 Boston why is that.... the crowds seem to be that great there.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,787
    Zoso wrote:
    pj always saves the best 4 Boston why is that.... the crowds seem to be that great there.

nothing against boston, but i think PJ really shine in Philly. i've been to both and i prefer Philly shows. i have love for boston, but Philly is just extra special. Xboxjunkie is going to kill me! *hides*

that being said...great setlist tonight and sounds like another amazing night in boston.
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
  • Options
    ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    PJammin' wrote:
    nothing against boston, but i think PJ really shine in Philly. i've been to both and i prefer Philly shows. i have love for boston, but Philly is just extra special. Xboxjunkie is going to kill me! *hides*

that being said...great setlist tonight and sounds like another amazing night in boston.

they really shine on the east coast generally.... New York, Albany, Boston, Phiilly....
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • Options
    JAL442JAL442 Posts: 41
    Just got back from the show after sitting in traffic for an hour on the mass pike trying to get home. Awesome show tonight. The encores were as long as the main set. They ripped through the main set just pounding out song after song. Masters of War was great to hear (first time played on the tour i believe) and Boom went absolutely NUTS during his solo in Crazy Mary. Anybody who says the crowd wasnt into it did not attend the show tonight. The crowd was amazing as Ed mentioned during the show. Listen on the bootleg. Alive was as good as ever with Ed singing to the people sitting behind the stage and then getting up on top of one of the speakers while Mike was on the one on the other side of the stage. I'd like to write more but its after 4am and I need to get to sleep and then head back to Boston for night #2!!!!!!
    2004: Boston II

2006: Hartford, Boston I, Boston II

2008: Hartford, Mansfield I, Mansfield II
  • Options
    yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    Just got home (back to NYC) - show was pretty fuckin awesome. Very long, and the guys were tight. I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT MY SEATS WERE! Floor seats (section J) - 10c #344xxx!!!!! Hahahahaha! The 10c gods were smiling on me :D!!!

Very cool to hear Rats, and glad that Riot Act got some love with GD and LBC. Also, Sad and Red Mosquito - very cool.

Again, great show. I can't believe I'm going back to Boston today for tonight's show.... :D
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • Options
    People keep saying that those who say the crowd wasn't into it weren't there. That's false. Here's the deal: In the Balcony, lots of folks were sitting, some were talking, etc. The floor and Loge rocked out, as did parts of the balcony, but a LOT of folks in the Balcony didn't stand, cheer, sing along, or anything else. AND people left early. By mid first encore, the balcony was half empty. MOST of the audience loved it, but A LOT of folks higher up weren't "into it."
    "One good thing about music: when it hits you feel no pain. So hit me with music!"
  • Options
    donravendonraven Posts: 139
    Zoso wrote:
    they really shine on the east coast generally.... New York, Albany, Boston, Phiilly....

Halifax!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yeah!
    Boston, MA - Sept 28, 2004
    Halifax, NS - Sept 22, 2005
    Toronto, ON - August 21, 2009
    Toronto, ON - Sept 11, 2011
    Toronto, ON - Sept 12, 2011
    London, ON - July 16, 2013
    Boston, MA - Aug 7, 2016
  • Options
    G-forceG-force Posts: 218
    WOW!

That was mind blowing.

First off- Thanks to the 10C. I had great seats in sec 22. Off the side. very nice. Great job as ususal. Thanks a million.

Outstanding show, one of the best i have been to.

The Severed hand-wws-Courderoy-animal-red mosq stretch was incredible. What tempo, the band was ripping it up. Jeff was the most animated i have ever seen.

Very balanced performances, all the guys were totally pumped up.
    It is evident Boston is not a typical tour stop for this band. Ed was doing a lot of talking and reminsing about all the memorable boston shows they have played over the years. He mentioned the large turnout and said they hoped to return the favor. I thought the crowd was very much into it.

I enjoyed the new tunes esp life wasted and and severed hand.

rats was totally awesome. Ed had refereced the Ratskeller, a classic small rock club in boston from the 80's-90's.

Stone was the lead on several tunes, he appeared to be especially sharp.

Have fun tonight. I expect more of the same. Enjoy.

G
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,928
    great time last night....great show, great energy

when the band came out for the 2nd or 3rd encore, the crowd got a big clap chant going (if you know what I mean).......the look on Ed and Jeff's face was great. Jeff was looking around the arena like he couldn't believe it.

Forever Young was awesome, and after Ed talking about how it was Dylan's birthday, I assumed we'd get some BD covers

getting ready to head down for night two.....I hope the crowd is the same tonight