Options

*** Boston I Fanviews 5/24 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    TaftTaft Posts: 453
    Awesome time last night. Ms. Haiku, we must have been standing pretty close to each other.

Special thanks to George, as soon as the show ended as we were walking out, he came up to my girlfriend and handed her the complete setlist, and 6 of Ed's picks! Good times. Can't wait for tonight...I didn't even make it in to work today!
  • Options
    Abner11Abner11 Posts: 67
    Posted a handful of pictures in the concert photo thread...plenty more ready to go once I can figure out how to lighten them on Shutterfly.
    10/96 Hartford, 9/98 Hartford, 7/03 Mansfield I, 9/04 Boston I, 5/06 Boston I (Best crowd to date)
  • Options
    dropmyleashdropmyleash Posts: 91
    Ms. Haiku wrote:

Eddie Vedder was on the Amp during Alive and I don't know how to describe it. Well, sure I do, I'm a poet after all . . . WOW!

I had THE best shot of this moment. I was sidestage in Loge 19 and had a straight-on shot of Ed on the amp dancing, the house lights up, and the entire crowd in the background. I mean THE ENTIRE CROWD. Just awesome.

What a great, great show. The crowd was puhumped.

I had great sidestage seats. Got to see the whole band enter/exit, Ed came over a few times to say hello, we could see the stage, Matt's kit, Boom's organ, the pedals, the tech work going on. Another aspect I like is the fact that you can see all the front row people and the crowd beyond. You get a real sense of what the band is seeing. Just really cool...

For future reference for anyone, THESE SEATS ARE AWESOME!!!
    Having tasted, a life wasted....

....I'll probably only go back a couple more times.
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,852
    in terms of the band's animated state last night, they were fuckin all over the place. mike as usual was runnin around, jeff was runnin circles around mike at one point and spinning around, and ed's dance at the end of RITFW was classic- throwin punches like Rocky. twas nice to see them as enthusiastic as the fans there to cheer em on.
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    Taft wrote:
    Awesome time last night. Ms. Haiku, we must have been standing pretty close to each other.
    I have dark brown hair, and I was wearing a red shirt with blue jeans. Tonight I plan on wearing black. Same dark brown hair though ;) If you see me say Hello!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Taft wrote:

Special thanks to George, as soon as the show ended as we were walking out, he came up to my girlfriend and handed her the complete setlist, and 6 of Ed's picks! Good times. Can't wait for tonight...I didn't even make it in to work today!

remember if you want to trade seats... i;m your man! ;)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,337
    bostonlou wrote:
    they were for the whalers in hartford?

you getting to the harp tonight?
    Should be there, will be in the area much earlier than yesterday.
    I'm gonna wear my green Notre Dame #3 jersey tonight (so I can match the lasers), so look for the retard with the green ND shirt.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    Atomic PunkAtomic Punk Posts: 2,941
    I really had a great time at the show. I was Loge 1 row 15 and from where I was I saw a lot of people just standing around on the floor. There were some rowdy pockets of people, and the people in the front of the floor were going pretty nuts, but most of the crowd seemed pretty tame. There were exceptions, like Alive, where everyone was fist pumping. There was a guy in front of me and 2 seats over who was passed out asleep in his seat. That was good, made my girlfriend's view better. Anyway, I thought the band was fuckin' awesome and look for tonight to be even stronger in every sense.

Still waiting to see if Boston can top Philly Spectrum '03 and / or MSG I and II '03 (not the band, the crowd)
  • Options
    -Q--Q- Posts: 169
    spin the black circle that made the show for me... how about the stone shirts that Jeff and Ed put on.... LOL night 2 should be sweet
  • Options
    I really had a great time at the show. I was Loge 1 row 15 and from where I was I saw a lot of people just standing around on the floor. There were some rowdy pockets of people, and the people in the front of the floor were going pretty nuts, but most of the crowd seemed pretty tame.
    I'll tell you one thing, friggin floor seats are placed too close together. The aisles are way too narrow. You barely have enough room to stand in front of your own seat, and when someone is trying to get by you it takes an act of congress to figure out how to get them past safely.
    Made it a bit more difficult than it should have been to "rock out" or whatever term you want to use. I think I owe the poor woman to my left an apology. I did evrything possible to avoid interfering with her, but there was no damn room.
    In places like Hartford where there are permanent seats, there is much more available space to enjoy the show in the manner you choose.
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    BTW..
    does anyone know the whole story behind all those "Stone" shirts??

where did they come from..?

Is this an inside joke with the band or what?
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Quick question... what time did the show end last night?

I'm heading down in a couple hours, but taking the train. Last train leaves the Fleet at 11pm (well, 11:20). Hoping I can see the entire show, but I've already resigned myself to the fact that I might have to cut out earl. :-(
  • Options
    marc34marc34 Boston MA Posts: 221
    Kaddikat wrote:
    Omg what a fucking nighT!! thaNk you 10C!! FIRST - TIM (nitro) FUcking hookin SHIt UP! DAYUM bro we'll see you later on today umkay? Porchdweller you are here at the hyatt as well? awww shit! :p

Wowowowowow.. ok ok i got a text with the soundcheck? holy FUCKIng SHIT. :eek: thanks op! dayum!sorry for the phone calls! AAAAAAAAAAAH I swear i thought you were JOKIN!! YOU got JOkes! ;)

ok ok ok the show.. to the pj virgin? DAYUm I hope you and your friends enjoyed the show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D

ok ok ok Lyd and I are FreAKin out over the STONE shirts!! bwgagahahahha!! HELLL YeH! MAD STONE LOVE In dA houSE!!!!!!!! tee hee hee what the hell was that with being filmed? :eek: I hope you guys got the stone shirts (eddie & jeff) on film! FUCK YEAH!

JEFF JEFF JEFFF!!!!!!!!!!!!!! YOU ROCK MY SOX! :D:D:D *hearts hearts hearts* YES YES YES! I SAW! I SAW!! THANK YOU! SERIOUSLY YOU hAVE NO IDEA! NORA!omg! AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!!! *scREAMS runs around in circle!!!* omg omg!!! YeAh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! boootY!

FuCKing SAD! OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!! COMATOSE!!!!!!!!! RED MOSQUITO!!! DOWN DOWN DOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (DADDY-I miss you rest in peace!!!!) OMG! PATTY caKE! FUCKING jeff RUNNINg AROUND IN circles around MIKE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! mike ROckin the stage.. MATT owning! Boom love in bostoN!!!

I AM FAWKIN OUt of contROL! WHhhhat tha faWk? bwhaahahhaha..

OMG backstreet lover? YOu guys fucking rock. Omg to the guy dancing with LYD? BWhAHAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhAHAHA!! ThAT wAS CLASSIC :eek:

Lyd are we meeting at the tEE dee bank tomorrow? sounds a lil *chesty* to me. HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAH! :eek: bwhwhahah!

ok seriously for everyone that had to sit next to us.. sorry. heheheheheh.. some thangs ya just gotta get outa your system.

Yeah some people needed a while to get into it, some didnt.. to the guy that wanted me to grab/hit your ass? ;) heeheheh thanks..I got my ass grabbin out of the way.. :D you guys were helllla funny!

OMG the guy WiTH TEh SKI mASK? WTF was ThAT? :eek:

hahahahahah there was some dude during MMJ THAT WAS GOin off!! OMG red shirt? DAYUM! you provided tons of laughs but hell yeah fucking ROcked oUT!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The red shirt guy was like 2 rows in front of me during MMJ....I was dying laughing
    Hartford 96
    Mansfield 98 x 2
    Mansfield 00 x2
    Mansfield 03 x 3
    Boston 04 VFC x 2
    Hartford 06
    Boston 06 x 2
    Hartford 08
    Mansfield 08 x 2
    EV Boston 08 x 2
    Hartford 10
    Boston 10
    EV Providence 11
    EV Boston 11
    EV Hartford 11
    Worcester 13 x 2
    Hartford 13
    Buffalo 13
    Baltimore 13
    Fenway 2016 x 2
    Hot Stove 2017
    Fenway 2018 x 2
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    BTW..
    does anyone know the whole story behind all those "Stone" shirts??

where did they come from..?

Is this an inside joke with the band or what?
    A guy in the front row brought them. Didn't get to ask him about them.
    I believe they are modelled after the old Stone guitar picks.
  • Options
    Abner11Abner11 Posts: 67

I'm heading down in a couple hours, but taking the train. Last train leaves the Fleet at 11pm (well, 11:20). Hoping I can see the entire show, but I've already resigned myself to the fact that I might have to cut out earl. :-(

Which train are you taking? I can tell you that after leaving the venue, walking to Charlestown to get the car, stopping at Sullivan Square to drop our friends off, and driving back to Wakefield, it was about 12:30am and there was a train that had just dropped people off from the show and was heading towards Reading, so my guess is you'll be fine. They tend to hold the "last train" when there is an event at the TDBanknorthfleetgardencenter, so I wouldn't sweat it.
    10/96 Hartford, 9/98 Hartford, 7/03 Mansfield I, 9/04 Boston I, 5/06 Boston I (Best crowd to date)
  • Options
    ndv180ndv180 Posts: 80

It ended around 11:30

If you're taking the Green line (or Red, Blue, Orange), you could always walk to Park St (about a 10 minute walk) or Government Center or even Haymarket (both less than a 5 min walk). I'm fairly certain those trains run until 12 or 12:30.
  • Options
    votegirlvotegirl Posts: 95
    Some cool pics, and a small clip of Forever Young. Rock on it.

http://blog.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=blog&pop=1
    I burst, out
    I'm transformed!
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Anyone remember what Mikey had on at the begining of the show??

After the show, my friend had a poster in her hand ($5.00),
    this dude came up to us and said that he had Mikey's shirt, that he threw it to him (black with cut off sleeves), also had two of Mikey's pick's...wanted to trade for the $5.00 poster...I said no, I just thought he was full of shit.
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    Should be there, will be in the area much earlier than yesterday.
    I'm gonna wear my green Notre Dame #3 jersey tonight (so I can match the lasers), so look for the retard with the green ND shirt.

deal

speaking of retards in jerseys

who were the clowns in the philly eagles McNabb and Akers shirts??

Neil and Bob??

how do you actually plan that???

you guys fucking matched!!

it was the lamest thing i've seen in a long time
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:

this dude came up to us and said that he had Mikey's shirt, that he threw it to him (black with cut off sleeves), also had two of Mikey's pick's...wanted to trade for the $5.00 poster...I said no, I just thought he was full of shit.

ummm... that's not such a good story

even for 2 picks it's not a bad trade... just go buy another shit poster

;)
  • Options
    LizardLizard So Cal Posts: 12,085
    Love that set list. I hope I get to hear Masters of War and Rats!
    So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
    Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:

speaking of retards in jerseys

who were the clowns in the philly eagles McNabb and Akers shirts??

Neil and Bob??

how do you actually plan that???

you guys fucking matched!!

it was the lamest thing i've seen in a long time
    I saw them after the show at the 7/11 across the street. I was amused.(at them not by them) Especially at the guy in the Akers jersey.
  • Options
    Lennon_CobainLennon_Cobain Posts: 704
    Last night's show totally kicked ass. I am hoping that at tonight's show they play "Satan's Bed" and "Garden" and of course "Leash" which was soundchecked last night.

Overall, I have to say that the crowd was good. I noticed that some people in the 10C floor area where I was didn't care too much for "Jeremy" and especially "Even Flow." All the songs from "Vs." and "Vitalogy" get a great reception.

I am sure that tonight's show will be equally as kickass.
    "I'll end up alone like I began..."

"You need the patience of like a National Geographic photographer sitting underneath the bush in a tent, trying to get a picture of zebras fucking or something for the first time." -Eddie Vedder
  • Options
    sixpixeesixpixee Posts: 37
    Poncier wrote:
    I'll tell you one thing, friggin floor seats are placed too close together. The aisles are way too narrow. You barely have enough room to stand in front of your own seat, and when someone is trying to get by you it takes an act of congress to figure out how to get them past safely.
    Made it a bit more difficult than it should have been to "rock out" or whatever term you want to use.

i totally agree with you! there was a guy sitting in front of me who was seriously about 6' tall and maybe 350 lbs and i feared for my legs everytime he had to get up to let someone by. he kept leaning back on the chairs and almost lost his balance a couple of times. :(
    9.21.96 Toronto*8.22.98 Barrie*9.15.98 Mansfield*9.16.98 Mansfield*8.27.00 Saratoga Springs*8.29.00 Mansfield*8.30.00 Mansfield*9.2.00 Camden NJ*9.4.00 Columbia MD*7.2.03 Mansfield*9.28.04 Boston*5.24.06 Boston*5.25.06 Boston*6.28.08 Mansfield*6.30.08 Mansfield*8.2.08 EV Boston
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies. I'm taking the Amtrak Downeaster from/to Portland. Oh well. It's my seventh show, while disappointing, it'll be okay if I have to skip out a little early. I guess.
  • Options
    Okay can I just yell out for my own pleasure...
    "they played SAD in Boston, I got to see SAD live"
    *sigh*:o
    I now think I'm ready for round two:D
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271

1130pm..they went on at 9
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    PJammin' wrote:
    nothing against boston, but i think PJ really shine in Philly. i've been to both and i prefer Philly shows. i have love for boston, but Philly is just extra special. Xboxjunkie is going to kill me! *hides*

that being said...great setlist tonight and sounds like another amazing night in boston.

WHATEVER. :rolleyes:
    AND U SHOULDA SEEN THE LOOK ON VINS FACE WHEN HE READ YOUR POST!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    imspinnin wrote:

YEAH THAT FOO ALMOST GOT JUMPED BY PJTAPER AND MYSELF!!! HE FREAKIN HADD THE MASTERS SHIRT!!!!! J/K I WOULDNT DO THAT.BUT HE REALLY HADD IT.
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!
  • Options
    SENROCK! wrote:
    YEAH THAT FOO ALMOST GOT JUMPED BY PJTAPER AND MYSELF!!! HE FREAKIN HADD THE MASTERS SHIRT!!!!! J/K I WOULDNT DO THAT.BUT HE REALLY HADD IT.
    get the fuck out...:eek: