Options

*** Boston I Fanviews 5/24 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    GetRight7GetRight7 Posts: 63
    hOLy cRaP......wHAt A NigHT!!
    If peace is real why can't the world be it?

Red Rover Mike McCready take over.........

9-15-98, 8-29-00, 8-30-00, 7-2-03, 7-3-03, 7-11-03, 9-28-04, 9-29-04, 9-15-05, 5-13-06, 5-24-06, 5-25-06, 5-27-06, 6-27-08, 6-28-08, 6-30-08, 10-30-09, 10-31-09, 5-15-10, 5-17-10
  • Options
    PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,279
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    I told her I knew the show would be the best Pearl Jam show that I would go to when we were at an Italian cafe in the North End eating cannoli. It was solidified right there. How can a concert be bad if before the show you're eating cannoli at an Italian cafe in the North End of Boston.
    Leave the gun, take the cannoli.
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Options
    can't beat the boston crowds as usual...and I can't believe ed remembered the ratskellar (tiny rock club that closed down like 10 years ago).
  • Options
    1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,840
    amazing show last night, by far the most energy out of a show ive been to. seats were in row 6 of loge 12, excellent seats considering my 305xxx 10c number. much better than the ticketmaster balcony seats i got on the VFC tour. was funny on severed hand when the beginning got played twice (they probably messed up). forever young was beautiful, masters of war was played a bit different but smokin, and the lasers were great on severed hand and used nicely to effect on inside job- which by the way, hearing this live i have a new appreciation for the song that i didnt have on the album. ridiculously powerful song inside job was, live. boom went crazy on crazy mary and ed put the wine bottle up to his mouth while on the organ to give him a sip. rats sounded tight, and alive had to have had one of the longest damn and most intense solos ive seen in a long time. the crowd chants were unbelievable, while ed was up on one speaker in front of the stage, and mike out on top of another a bit into the crowd. mike was full of energy last night as usual, running around the stage and getting the crowd riled up. great fuckin show!!!!!!!!!
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • Options
    P.S. i thought the crowd was better than usual last night- no party poopers around me! everyone was a real die hard fan, you could tell. no bored little girlfriends in the 10c seats last night!

and don't forget "admire me, admire my home, admire my son, admire my STONE." :)
  • Options
    Abner11Abner11 Posts: 67
    I'll have more comments later, but last night was effing incredible. I found it to be one of the louder crowds I've ever heard from Masters of War on, so whoever says the crowd wasn't into it wasn't paying attention. Loge 22 was rocking, that's for sure.
    10/96 Hartford, 9/98 Hartford, 7/03 Mansfield I, 9/04 Boston I, 5/06 Boston I (Best crowd to date)
  • Options
    spalindspalind Posts: 8
    Show was great. During the last set the place was rocking harder than I have ever seen. The arena was hot all hell. A girl actually passed out in front of me during Crazy Mary which was scary for a few minutes.

I don't know. I think every set is over analyzed way too much and everyone just needs to enjoy the shows and not worry about whether or not they play Leash. Tonight's show was up there on my list of best shows. I wish I could explain the frenzy that the crowd was in during the third set. Rats was tight. I am all done. Ears ringing and body drained. Need to get ready for tommorow.

Yeah, I was standing just to the right of her and back one row...I would expect to see that in a general admission show but not with seats and stuff...at least the medics got to her fairly quick and got her out of there...
  • Options
    bostonloubostonlou Posts: 2,849
    Great show :)

Lots of people not into it though....but hey, to each their own. I rocked out.

I still can't believe it...11 shows, knowing they have kept Smile on their setlists since it came out and I've heard Why Go twice, Garden, Rats...stuff they havn't played in YEARS and still no Smile...

Maybe tomorrow night.. :)

lots of people not into it?

are you still drunk??

did you miss the part where ed said it was the best crowd ever (outside of SA)
    Don't Believe Everything You Think
  • Options
    bostonmarc wrote:
    Like Ed said, best crowd of the tour and better then the South American ones....We had to defend our crown as PJ's second home. The band had a TON of energy

i don't think he meant that it was better than SA
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    The concert was so good I did something I didn't think I would ever do at a Pearl Jam concert - I bought a T-Shirt! Yes, that's right, I don't have any room for concert t-shirts, and I usually just bring my ticket and my memories home with me, but in the fervor of the night I just had to get one. So I'll stick a couple thumbtacs in it and put it on the wall et voila PJ WALL ART!

Oh what a night . . . late May 2006 . . .what an evening what a night lalalala
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    Awsome set list...thought I was gonna lose it when Sad was being played:eek:
    Band was in high gear,
    Seeing EV on the speaker during Alive, OMG....:eek:believe it or not I think this is the first show I've been to that EV hasn't fallen....hmmmm....:rolleyes:
    Crowd was great...so fun meeting so many of you...we're such maniac's!!!:D
    Nothing but MUCH LOVE for the JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    Bu$hleagueBu$hleague Posts: 78
    Hell yea, last night was amazing... I'd have to say it was the best concert I've ever been too.

I don't know what some of you guys saw, but it seemed to me that EVERYONE was into it. The only party poopers as far I could tell were the Event Security.
    "I'm like an opening band for the sun"
  • Options
    here's my thoughts...

**with 200xxx I sat in Section 22 Row 1... besides the first 3 rows of the floor I think those are the best seats in the house THANKS 10C!!

**the green lasers off of the Celtics banners was kind of cool

**i thought the crowd was amazing... true i didn't look up in the balcony but from my perspective the place was hopping...

** what i heard Ed say was that we were the best crowd ever outside of SA

**the singing was amazing... usually i get annoyed and just want to hear PJ who I paid for but the vibe of the crowd being so into it over took me

**xbox - you're a "betterman" ;) than I am letting your wife take front row... but i kept glancing over and never once did she not look like she was having the time of her life

**steve - that kinda sucks they had smile, solat, breakerfall and alone but didn't play em? guess i'll settle for tonight ;)

**Rats dedicated to the Ratskellar... Kenmore Sq is so different now

**I hate having to choose who to watch... Mike was all over the place as usual, Stone seemed to be floating on air - completely swallowed by the music, Jeff was spinning around like a nut...

**I'm not batting for the Yankees or anything but friggin Boom has some guns... I bet he can open a coconut with his bare hands

**speaking of ... who cares that the Sox lost? not me

**to the chubby white kid with the curly afro in section b like 2nd or 3rd row... nice job... your constant jumping has made me sore today

**finally got Red Mosquito to complete the 03 expeirment ;)

bottom line...
    AMAZING SHOW! Can't wait for tonight

Pearl Jam... Thank you

And never let us Bostonians go a year without a show again! ;)
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    Band was in high gear,
    Seeing EV on the speaker during Alive, OMG....:eek:believe it or not I think this is the first show I've been to that EV hasn't fallen....hmmmm....:rolleyes:
    Crowd was great...so fun meeting so many of you...we're such maniac's!!!:D
    Nothing but MUCH LOVE for the JAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uummm.. he fell at least twice that i remember

lay off the weed girl!! ;)

good to see you last night :) were you with the people in front of me? they seemed to have a great time too
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    Such a great tune live.
  • Options
    bostonlou wrote:

**the green lasers off of the Celtics banners was kind of cool
    I turned around to check that out, thought it was very cool. If I hadn't already seen the green lasers in Hartford, I'd have almost thought they were green specifically to shine on the Celts banners.
  • Options
    AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    WOW!!!!

My first show since 2000 and it ROCKED!!! Forever Young was EXCELLENT, the Release opener was great...I'm still flying, so I'll add more later, but a KILLER show!

Edit time:

So, I didn't realize I had to be home for a family function this week (I live in Denver now) so didn't get 10C tix 'cuz didn't think about making the shows. However, I got tix easily to both nights through Ticketbastard. My younger brother and I were Balcony 317...not great sound, but good enough to hear and an excellent view from the front left corner of the stage looking down. Dude behind me asked me to sit down...most of our section sat most of the show (I stood the whole time, except the acoustic stuff first encore). As I said, my second show and first since 2000 (it's been a long, complicated 6 years which included having tickets to all 3 Boston shows in '03 and not being able to go...) It was worth the wait. Highlights for me included Release, Down, Animal (my bro wanted it, and seeing him smile like that when it started may have made my night), Red Mosquito, the first 3 songs of Encore I, and Rats. RITFW, which I didn't need to hear since I got it at my first show in 2000 and am sort of played out on (despite my love for NY) was also amazing - the energy ripped. Can't wait for tonight (or for the 2 Denver shows)! LEASH and DEEP (both soundchecked last night) need to come out and play - which I'm sure they will because it's Boston. Leash was last played at the old Garden 12 years ago, so bringing it back at the new one should be fitting. See you all tonight and enjoy all your shows!

Second update: People keep saying that those who say the crowd wasn't into it weren't there. That's false. Here's the deal: In the Balcony, lots of folks were sitting, some were talking, etc. The floor and Loge rocked out, as did parts of the balcony, but a LOT of folks in the Balcony didn't stand, cheer, sing along, or anything else. AND people left early. By mid first encore, the balcony was half empty. MOST of the audience loved it, but A LOT of folks higher up weren't "into it."

*Note: on the setlist above, it was Corduroy after WWS and Green Disease didn't get played until before Down, so ignore that first one listed after Corduroy.*

I was in Lodge section and kept looking up at the balcony because I could not believe how packed it was! I did not see many people sitting up there the whole show, and everybody was rocking the whole time. I have been to every Boston show since '94, and this was the best crowd I have ever see or heard.

BTW - How do we know that they soundchecked Leash???
  • Options
    lori814lori814 Posts: 7
    AWESOME Show, fantastic setlist. Release to open, Masters of War, Down,
    Rats, The band was on fire! There were some empty seats next to me (if you can believe that!) Must have been some scalpers who couldn't sell their tickets! I actually moved down to an aisle seat! I sat right next to the stage, great view, everyone was up and dancing for most of the show. Eddie's voice was amazing! Band tight and on fire. I'm still feeling the glow.
  • Options
    ReeenkRoinkReeenkRoink Posts: 108
    Awesome show last night,
    Jeff spinning around mike during spin the black circle in his Stone T shirt was great
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,780
    Ms. Haiku wrote:
    Front Row in front of the amp on Stone's side. The best Pearl Jam show I've ever been to (I thought this would be the case in Boston, way to go Boston!) Everyone was just jumping and having a good time, and I'm not just talking about the audience :) The band was fire and the audience was a wind storm laced with dried twigs, they were just brilliant all night. Eddie's voice was amazing. I waved at Mike again, and I think he waved back Yeah MIKE! They were just fire.

Best Pearl Jam experience ever happened at that show:

Mike McCready near the amp that was in front of me, and it was just spectacular it was incredible, it was through the roof to another stratosphere. It was just brilliant.

Eddie Vedder was on the Amp during Alive and I don't know how to describe it. Well, sure I do, I'm a poet after all . . . WOW!

I brought a work associate to the show, her first Pearl Jam show, and I think she's hooked :) I told her I knew the show would be the best Pearl Jam show that I would go to when we were at an Italian cafe in the North End eating cannoli. It was solidified right there. How can a concert be bad if before the show you're eating cannoli at an Italian cafe in the North End of Boston. I was right. Tomorrow is gelato right before hand at an Italian Cafe in the North End of Boston. . .

I don't know how they will top it tomorrow. I'm looking forward to it being topped, imagine that ooh la la!

you ain't seen nothing yet, wait till you come to Philly :D

glad to hear Boston rocked out though - Boston is my second home too :)

do it again tonight my fellow New Englanders

enjoy
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,007
    too much already been said..

my highlights:

1) Getting to finally watch Matt's amazing drumwork unobstrcuted by the rest of the band..

2) Perfect renditions (and I mean perfect) of:

Release (I can never get enough of this opener)

Corduroy (Ed's singing on this one was a gem.. check the boot)

Jeremy (had no enthusiasm for this when it first began ..but as it evolved on stage, it was circa 1992 all over again ..ending with Jeff in a red spotlight playing the last chords in the center of the stage)

Even Flow (Ed's break dancing / fall onto the stage ..at the end.. hilarious!)

Masters of War (better than the 2004 Boston show- that good! - dark and stromy with MAJOR slide guitar by Mike)

Gone- HOLY SHIT! I'm speechless on this one.. Eddie in the "sunray" spotlight to open, and then the whole band kicks in..can't wait to hear the boot!

Inside Job (hands down the best perofrmance of the night, maybe of the entire tour to date)

And here we go again tonight!

Bostonlou.. hiow did I miss you???
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    toddiet123toddiet123 Posts: 271
    I had 4th row mike side..review and picutures are located on my blog.

thanks for stoppin over.

http://toddiet123.blogspot.com/2006/05/pearl-jam-td-banknorth-garden-may.html
  • Options
    imspinninimspinnin Posts: 933
    great picture's..thanks!!!:D

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention...I woke up this morning, and my hands were red and purple I thought I got bit by a spider or something in bed....but FUCK NO it's fuckin' bruises from clapping so hard!!!!
    If I could be anything in the world I would be your teardrop...I would be born in your eyes, live on your cheeks, and die on your lips.
  • Options
    you ain't seen nothing yet, wait till you come to Philly :D

glad to hear Boston rocked out though - Boston is my second home too :)

do it again tonight my fellow New Englanders

enjoy
    i'll be in philly sunday

i hope you are right

i'll have no problem saying that philly kicked boston's ass as long as I was there!! :)
  • Options
    locked wrote:
    too much already been said..

Bostonlou.. hiow did I miss you???

maybe with 300 people in the harp and us having no idea what the other looks like? ;)

check your PMs... give me a call when you get to the harp... we'll meet up

i'll buy a shirt off one of the bums for you since you don't drink :)
  • Options
    imspinnin wrote:
    great picture's..thanks!!!:D

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention...I woke up this morning, and my hands were red and purple I thought I got bit by a spider or something in bed....but FUCK NO it's fuckin' bruises from clapping so hard!!!!

me and the guy next to me were banging on the hockey boards

that friggin hurt
  • Options
    rssesqrssesq Fairfield County Posts: 3,299
    A great show but in all fairness, Eddie lied, G Rapids was better a show and had more amped fans.

But the poster from this show is the best poster in 8 years!

Except maybe the very limited "Red" Borgata.
  • Options
    Ms. HaikuMs. Haiku Washington DC Posts: 7,258
    I was at Philly 05, and I didn't think it could be beat, but it was beat yesterday, and PJ didn't even play Alone which took Philly 05 up notches in my opinion. I realized I'm not able to make the Philly show this year, though so maybe some other time I'll be able to compare. I want to see if the NJ shows could surpass last night. I don't know what can surpass last night, but I didn't think anything could pass Philly 05. You learn something new every day, eh?

I'm sure the Philly shows will be incredible! Have a great time!
    There is no such thing as leftover pizza. There is now pizza and later pizza. - anonymous
    The risk I took was calculated, but man, am I bad at math - The Mincing Mockingbird
  • Options
    what song did Ed use his guitar as a spot light?

(in my best chris farley interview voice)
    that was cool
  • Options
    Poncier wrote:
    I turned around to check that out, thought it was very cool. If I hadn't already seen the green lasers in Hartford, I'd have almost thought they were green specifically to shine on the Celts banners.

they were for the whalers in hartford?

you getting to the harp tonight?