Sea. Hear. Now Festival 2020 Update

Comments

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    mcgruff10 said:
    FYI: ocean grove is a dry town.  Weird Methodist rules.  
    But you can t go wrong with og, Bradley , Avon, belmar or spring lake beach that time of year.  
    NJ is funny that way.  I have had vacations in Wildwood where the specific district determines the beverage selection.  
    Say what now about Wildwood?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    I think there’s a part where they don’t serve alcohol.  Maybe Wildwood Crest? Unless it changed recently.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    I think there’s a part where they don’t serve alcohol.  Maybe Wildwood Crest? Unless it changed recently.  
    Ya know what, I guess I never really thought about it before but, yeah, I guess the Crest is technically dry. There really aren't any bars or restaurants there, other than some BYOs. Everything else is in Wildwood proper or Diamond Beach to the south before Cape May. Though I would say I've never had an issue drinking my fill anywhere on 5 Mile Island, and it's pretty dumb that it's treated as 3/4/5 different towns.
    Ya know what, I guess I never really thought about it before but, yeah, I guess the Crest is technically dry. There really aren't any bars or restaurants there, other than some BYOs. Everything else is in Wildwood proper or Diamond Beach to the south before Cape May. Though I would say I've never had an issue drinking my fill anywhere on 5 Mile Island, and it's pretty dumb that it's treated as 3/4/5 different towns.
    Nonetheless when the border opens Wildwood is on my short list.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• I think there’s a part where they don’t serve alcohol.  Maybe Wildwood Crest? Unless it changed recently.  
    You aren’t missing anything in Wildwood. 
    Ha, are you one of these Canucks that come en masse? I've always found this massively interesting that it's basically Philly people and Canadians.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    Go to Avalon, Stone Harbor or Cape May instead.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    edited June 2021
    I was waffling so much between going and not going (I will be in NYC the week before for MMJ and have a couple trips planned...), and waited so long that I'm now regretting not getting tix, especially since they're playing Gigaton. If anyone has an extra at some point, I'd gladly hook you up with multiple beers. 
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • mcgruff10 said:
    Go to Avalon, Stone Harbor or Cape May instead.  
    Yes. This. I was going to say Cape May or Atlantic City even. 
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    I’ve never missed a show in my area. I even sat through Beyoncé (torture) at Central park to see the boys play an hour set. I just can’t bring myself to go to this. I don’t know why. Even with the long lay-off from covid. Nothing about this festival sounds worth it. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    I’ve never regretted going to a single concert I’ve ever seen.  But there’s a handful I kick myself for not making the effort to be there. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

nicknyr15 said:
    I’ve never missed a show in my area. I even sat through Beyoncé (torture) at Central park to see the boys play an hour set. I just can’t bring myself to go to this. I don’t know why. Even with the long lay-off from covid. Nothing about this festival sounds worth it. 
    I m with you in this one.  If they add another show within 600 miles of me I ll be giving my shn tickets to my daughter.   
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    on2legs said:
    I’ve never regretted going to a single concert I’ve ever seen.  But there’s a handful I kick myself for not making the effort to be there. 
    This is spot on and true for many of us. 

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    I almost skipped Fenway N2 in 2018 and it turned out to be their last show for three years. 

I sold my tickets to see Chris Cornell in 2015 because it was a Wednesday and there would be other chances. (There weren't.)

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • 1STmammal2wearPants1STmammal2wearPants Worcester, MA Posts: 2,825
    edited June 2021
    JimmyV said:
    I almost skipped Fenway N2 in 2018 and it turned out to be their last show for three years. 

I sold my tickets to see Chris Cornell in 2015 because it was a Wednesday and there would be other chances. (There weren't.)
    Skipped REM in 2008 after Accelerate for the same reasons....next tour I'll see em....although with Chris, that one is tough :(
    2003 Mansfield III 
    2004 Boston I 
    2006 Boston I 
    2008 Bonnaroo, Hartford, Mansfield I 
    2010 Hartford 
    2013 Worcester I, Worcester II, Hartford 
    2016 Bonnaroo, Boston I, Boston II 
    2018 Boston I, Boston II 
    2021 Sea.Hear.Now
    2022 Camden
    2024 Boston I, Boston II
  • pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    I don't anticipate this being the best show ever or anything, but just hearing the 1st sounds of their first song is going to be so emotional. Just  to be back at a concert and it being Pearl Jam is going to be priceless to me.  That 2 hours or so will be such a great relief and release of a lot  of pent  up energy and emotions.  I can't wait.
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    pjhawks said:
    I don't anticipate this being the best show ever or anything, but just hearing the 1st sounds of their first song is going to be so emotional. Just  to be back at a concert and it being Pearl Jam is going to be priceless to me.  That 2 hours or so will be such a great relief and release of a lot  of pent  up energy and emotions.  I can't wait.

A Release, if you will... =)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,374
    JimmyV said:

Skipped REM in 2008 after Accelerate for the same reasons....next tour I'll see em....although with Chris, that one is tough :(
    I skipped seeing REM in 1999… my buddy and I had tickets and we just blew it off thinking we’d see them down the road.  Never got around to seeing them. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

Go Animal said:
    pjhawks said:

A Release, if you will... =)
    Long road please 
  • Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,920
    (Just gonna will that into existence. It's gotta be Release, or The Long Road. Something with a slow build to a crescendo, then right into Corduroy. That's when you know you're back.)
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    pjhawks said:
    One two three four two three
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Long Road --> Alive would be perfect. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
    Thanks for all the NJ beach towns that are better than Wildwood reco’s.  Happy to consider any advice on places to stay in those other towns (except AC - I love AC but not what I’m looking for presently).  Not for SHN but to have a few beach days.  

I agree that SHN is not the most desirable show, but I am also of the mindset that I will never regret going to a show that is within reasonable reach of getting to, whereas I could regret skipping.  I missed two shows since 2016 that I could easily have made it to.  Lesson learned.  

• pjhawkspjhawks Posts: 12,171
    tdawe said:
    pjhawks said:
    I'm thinking it's going to be a hard start. Corduroy, Go or Given To Fly (he made it to the ocean...). My ultimate start would be RearViewMirror though.  That would be killer.
  • My wild card entry is Who Ever Said.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    My wild card entry is Who Ever Said.
    Can't wait to hear that song live. Likely my most anticipated new song with Quick Escape a close second. 
    pjhawks said:
    tdawe said:
    pjhawks said:
    I'm thinking it's going to be a hard start. Corduroy, Go or Given To Fly (he made it to the ocean...). My ultimate start would be RearViewMirror though.  That would be killer.
    There are a lot of good options. I would love something out of the box like “Alive”, I also love a hard start particularly for a festival set. But the more I think about it the more I become absolutely convinced that it’s going to be Elderly Woman. 
    I'm not a fan of elderly as an opener, give me long road, release or go.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,439
    Honestly, they could play mary had a little lamb 10 times and I would be happy.  Im just really happy to be heading to a pearl jam concert for the first time in three years. Hanging with friends, having fun, toes in the dirty sand, and LIVE MUSIC.

Avetts are great live. Patti Smith is a punk legend (I could see Ed joining her for people have the power to close out her set). Patti Scialfa playing means there is a chance for you know what. Dr. Dog and Matt & Kim are a decent undercard. This has the potential to be a tremendous and memorable day of live music.

Yeah I will be half a mile from the stage, it will be overcrowded, it will take forever to get a beer or food past 5pm, and getting out of there will be a nightmare.  I AM SO PSYCHED FOR THIS!
    mcgruff10 said:
    I'm not a fan of elderly as an opener, give me long road, release or go.
    I agree with you but I’m not the one making the set list. Eddie is going for the big HELLO!