Options

*** Washington, DC Fanviews 5/30 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    MrBrianMrBrian Posts: 2,672
    yeah, i'm looking for that too.

cool,If you find it let me know, I'll do the same.
  • Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    nice job to all the retards that left during yellow ledbetter.

yah that was pretty messed up...it was like half the crowd was really into the show and the other half was there cuz it was the cool thing to do.
    i tell ya, philly and boston are the places to see pj live.
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    unlededunleded Posts: 30
    yeah, i'm looking for that too.

I got about 8 seconds of the song on video. Also, I downloaded the boot last night...it really sounds great. Highly recommended.

Links below are to three video clips I took: Don't Be Shy, Man of the Hour, and Masters of War. They're short and the video is horrible, but when my memory fails I'll have the grainy mpegs to remind me...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJD9vdBcURg
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGScbpk8vyE
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e-x-NsajZmk
    04/25/95 - met EV @ Hovercraft show; 09/24/96 - MD; 09/18/98 - MD (caught MC drumstick); 09/04/00 - MD; 07/01/03 - VA; 10/01/04 - Reading; 10/11/04 - DC; 05/30/06 - DC; 06/11/08 - WPB; 08/24/09 - Chicago; 11/15/13 - Dallas; 11/16/13 - OKC
  • Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    anbody think that that was a badass version of Masters of War? I was going fucking nuts!!!
  • Options
    jam_head wrote:
    yah that was pretty messed up...it was like half the crowd was really into the show and the other half was there cuz it was the cool thing to do.
    i tell ya, philly and boston are the places to see pj live.

haha yeah man. i hope that pj plays yellow ledbetter at like the 17th song so that all u idiots miss like half the show.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    WEAPONX24 wrote:
    anbody think that that was a badass version of Masters of War? I was going fucking nuts!!!

yea that was my 3rd favorite that night! no lie.

unleded: cool for posting that, but we're waiting for a .mp3 of don't be shy. but i'll def watch that video. i missed that one song!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    hey guys. the dork that i am, i like to write about my best concerts. so if you're really bored READ MINE! my 3rd pj show def wasn't a let down.

i'll post my pics first:

where we had seats. not bad for a fairly new 10c member.
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/blondieblue227/concert/pjCONCERT_image002.jpg

what more can i say about mike that already hasn't been said before? :)
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/blondieblue227/concert/DCP_0007a.jpg

grab that mic Ed....
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/blondieblue227/concert/pjCONCERT_image006.jpg

http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/blondieblue227/concert/pjCONCERT_image005.jpg

so many fans there and still people ask me at times, "pearl jam, they still together?" it blows my mind.
    http://i5.photobucket.com/albums/y175/blondieblue227/concert/pjCONCERT_image007.jpg

and now for my novel.....hey, sorry i love my pj. skip it if you want. :)

5/30/06 at MCI Center in DC

Well, where do I start? It was the last day of the trip, so we were a little worn out to begin with. We left early for DC since it was check out day from the motel anyway. We got to DC around 2pm I’d say. Found a place to park. Of course all the worrying and anticipation of the traffic and navigation problems we might’ve ran into were totally wrong. We had way more problems in Baltimore. Let’s just say I hate parking garages with a passion now. We parked right next the MCI garage, so that was nice, no searching. The parking attendant was antsy. We paid him, and then got our things together out of the van. “Can I help you?” “We’re just getting our stuff, we’re leaving now” Gezz after $25 we just forked out why are you rushing us? Later on in the day, we came back for some aspirin, and there were groups of PJ fans just hanging out, drinking beer, and killing time. HA! Wonder how the attendant dealt with that? It was fun to see how everybody “represented” on their vehicles. Car beside me had a license plate that read “Vitalogy”. It might’ve been spelled different, but you get the drift. Anyways, after we paid we took our time walked around, picked up our tickets, asked were the family bathroom was. Gawd, if there was one line I can identify with this trip, it’s that, “where’s your family bathroom?” Asked it around 10 times during the trip. So we made our way down to the bar were the CCFA PJ fundraiser was at, we were really early…. we are dorks. The AC was feeling nice so we sat there, ordered nachos and water. HA! I go to RFD, with a mile long list of beers, I have water. I tell ya, if it wasn’t so hot, and if didn’t have to make it through a concert and help Brian stay awake on the drive home, I’ve would’ve been drinking. Place was laid out well too, not cramped at all. At least not until people came for the fundraiser. We sat there awhile after it started, then left to wonder around the block. I think a few of my key chains sold, but would’ve gone faster if they were more girls there. (They had the PJ chick on them) It seemed the bar was filled with guys! Glad I saw more PJ chicks at the show. Man, the hours dragged on that day. “What time is it Brian? What time is it Brian?” It was so hot too, 106! I guessed 110, wasn’t off by much. Around 5:30 we moseyed back down to the front doors of the MCI Center. I thought the opening band; My Morning Jacket was set to play at 6:30, according to PJ’s website. They had to open the doors soon? Wrong. But it was good we were in line I guess. Tried to hang back by the box office doors, ahhh AC, but got tired of listening to the scalpers haggle, so we moved up. Asked a guy with a printout of the seat chart, if I could glance at it. Section 120, first level by the stage! Yes! To think I almost missed the join date for the ticket presale at Ten Club by just a couple days! Yikes! So the crowd starts moving, and through the window I could see people running to what must’ve been the merchandise table. Man, us PJers have a hard-on for collecting concert gear! Brian asked if we should find our seats first. Nope! Got to get me a shirt first. HA! It was a nice change to have a color other than black to choose from. Since the album cover was blue, got me one of those. Girlie cut too, yes! Ten Club has come a long way with customized girl stuff. I was thinking of getting a black shirt too. The one with the surfboard logo. It was phat! Wish they had it in white. I figured it’d just sit in my closet since it was black so I passed. That line at the table was insane, if you want to call it a line, more like a mob of people. I was so nervous I was going to hit somebody. I slowly inched forward, got as close as I could to the guy ahead of me ankles. Yikes, one false move, ouch! Nothing happen though. Now to find our seats. Luckily the music hadn’t started yet, so I could explain to our usher why I ordered regular seats instead of disabled. Didn’t want my view to suckass. I don’t trust venues layout for disabled seating. Usher was real nice, told us we could stay right here off to the side before the stairs begin. OK, NOW FOR THE EMBARRASSING PART. Anybody who knows me, know I’ve been trying to meet PJ for ages. Ever since mom said no to the limo Ten Club was going to send me in 94. Common sense would tell me PJ has gotten way too huge. It’d be impossible for me to meet them. Darn it, I just have to try at every show I go to. Yes, it was painfully embarrassing, but I’m glad I tried. That way, I’d have no regrets. I see I’d have to take the elevator down to ground floor, to where the crew was in order to give them my letter. See I thought I was slick, people could read my message, I wouldn’t have to say anything. HA! So I told Brian I’d be right back, and rushed out. Big, huge, dumb blonde moment for me. I didn’t take my ticket! Didn’t even make it into the elevator. “I need to see your ticket” I handed her my letter. She looked at it for a few seconds. “No, this isn’t a ticket” Damn, back to Brian. So that’s when the real trouble started. I thought we were in 121. The lady usher wouldn’t let me in. Same thing, “I need to see your ticket” “just look behind the curtain and see if you spot a skinny guy with a red hat.” She had to get someone else, so she could stay at her post. Stupid, it was only 9 feet away. I wasn’t going to stay, just wanted a peak. If she would’ve let me, I would’ve seen Brian was one section to the left. She took me to Customer Service, they couldn’t help of course. If I didn’t have a ticket what could they do? They were going to find me another seat. That didn’t solve anything, still had to find Brian. So I took off, I said I think he’s in the Papa John’s Pizza line. Which he could’ve been, I said I wanted some. Off I go, I remembered where the seats were to the proximity to the stage, so I’d just peak in, that is if they were no ushers in front. I was getting close, so close, then tap-tap on my shoulder. “Ivy, what are you doing?” Hehehe. It was Brian. I gave him a hug. Of course I didn’t tell him what I was really up to, no way. “I got lost, and forgot my damn ticket” Got back to our seats and first act was over. HA! I didn’t care. Later on I found out when that lady usher was trying to find Brian, she asked a guy who was a friend of mine, Jack. He should’ve come and said Hi, right? HA! But Jack didn’t know until his bud told him there was somebody looking for an Ivy Kennedy. But anyways after all that drama it was great. I was ecstatic! Seats on Mike’s side, nobody standing in front of me, AC kicking…everything was so right. I’d have to say my favorite parts of the set were Comatose and than straight on to Leash. Anybody who’s a fan knows there’s major hype surrounding Leash. So that was killer. Really enjoyed Masters of War too. At some time I look to my right and see a young couple. Guy was sitting down very calm looking. His girl was dancing her ass off, singing to him. I totally related, but then it was ironic too. That’s how I feel with Brian. I’m all into PJ and he’s blasé about it all. Then it was ironic because of the girl to guy fan ratio thing. Between the two of us HE should be the fan, HE’s a guy. That guy might’ve liked PJ, but at that moment she was tearing it up way more than he was. Mom warned us as only mothers can do “watch out for those Mexicans” (Rolls eyes) During mid show, I looked backed, the usher had slacked off, there were about 4 of them standing around. So I laughed turned to Brian and in his ear said, “there’s those Mexicans Mom told us about” HA! Other highlights were Ed throwing a few tambourines to the disabled fans in front. So cool, it gives me goose bumps. Maybe it’ll be me. Yeah right! Ed stands there and points until the person hands whatever item to the correct person Ed attended it for. So sweet. Doubt the music would’ve continued until Ed was happy with who received the tambourine. Oh and he tossed his towel so whoever. A guy caught it of course…like I said there’s more male than female fans. The next day the guy posted pics on the chat board. He had it around his neck. Gross! He was smiling, I would be too, but it struck me as funny. Hello, you’re a guy happy about Ed’s sweat. Funny and gross. In the parking lot I saw some guy with the set list PJ used, duct tape and all, showing it to everybody. The show let out around 11. We made it to the interstate fine, got home around 3am. Brian insisted he had to go to work. I knew he wouldn’t, but went along with it. The one good thing about driving late, no traffic! Just got to stay awake so I could keep Brian awake. PS. He’s slowly coming around to the force known as PJ fandom. He really enjoyed this show. Every time I looked back at him, he had a look of awe or smile on his face.

I HOPE PJ TOURS NC THIS GO AROUND! AFTER ALL IT IS A ~WORLD TOUR!~

• Options
    SchmaktSchmakt Charlotte Posts: 207
    First off, I had a fucking blast.

We were definitely very very drunk by the time I sat down... had some beers while waiting in line... had to keep going to the McDonald's bathroom and filling up my plastic cup, but noone even gave me a 2nd look. Not even all the damned pigs roaming the place. Nice. :)

All three of us managed to get a poster. Sweet.

No 10c tix, but we still had pretty decent seats...

I hate my morning jacket tho. Thank God they didn't play long.

LOVED having Release open the show. Loved it. And then almost all of the first set was really really good. 1st encore, however... I didn't want to hear any of the songs that they played. I can always handle some Alive, but I really really didn't want to hear Small Town or Come Back... or MotH... but Masters of War was ok.

It did, however, afford me the opportunity to burn one down. I put the thing out on my hand and in my pocket not 2 seconds before some security fuck ran over with a flashlight. But he saw nothing, so he went away. From the sounds of it, he may have been one of the more laid back guys around. Sweet for me. :)

2nd Encore... holy shit. Comatose was one I REALLY wanted to hear (2nd only to Marker as far as new songs were concerned)... then Leash... sweet. I was computerless for a while, so I didn't know they'd played it a few shows prior. (and got shot down later when I yelled to some other fan, "They played Leash!"... she replied, "Yeah, they've played it the last four times." Geez......) Regardless, I was happy. And Fuckin' Up was Fuckin' Great. And fuck Cheney. and YL... thank you... last show I saw was Asheville '04... was on the setlist but got dropped... and I've never heard YL live. Very happy for that. :)

errm... the show definitely seemed short to me tho. I chalked it up to my being completely plastered and dancing my ass off all night. (I'm covered with bruises... how does that happne at a non-GA show??) Despite the brevity and the not-the-greatest setlist (Charlotte '03 is still my fave that I've attended), it was a GREAT time! Great. Just f'in great.

See you guys in HOLLAND!!!!

EDIT: I meant to add... I also bought the bootleg... and, as many have said before me, the sound quality is MUCH better than it was at the show. Now if I just had a computer with a CD-R... :-/
    2003-04-15: Raleigh, NC
    2003-04-16: Charlotte, NC
    2004-10-06: Asheville, NC
    2006-05-30: Washington, DC
    2006-08-29: Arnhem, The Netherlands
    2006-12-02: Honolulu, Hawaii
    2012-06-26: Amsterdam, The Netherlands
    2012-09-22: Atlanta, GA
    2013-10-30: Charlotte, NC
    2014-01-19: Gold Coast, Australia
    2014-06-28: Stockholm, Sweden
    2014-06-29: Oslo, Norway
    2016-04-18: Hampton, VA
    2016-04-20: Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21: Columbia, SC
    2018-07-01: Prague, Czech Republic
    2018-07-03: Krakow, Poland
    2018-09-04: Boston, MA
    2020-07-15: Budapest, Hungary
    2020-07-17: Zurich, Switzerland
    2023-09-19: Austin, TX
  • Options
    superfuzzsuperfuzz Posts: 45
    I met Ed Sunday night/Monday morning after Camden II...asked him if he could do Lowlight in DC...he wrote it on his cigarette box with my sharpie...low and behold he remembered...
    8/25/98, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 7/1/03, 7/5/03, 7/6/03, 7/12/03, 10/1/04, 10/2/04, 10/3/04, 10/11/04, 9/13/05, 9/28/05, 5/20/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/23/06, 6/24/06, 8/05/07, 6/19/08, 6/20/08, 6/22/08...8/16/08 (EV), 8/17/08 (EV)
  • Options
    amazing show i have never had so much fun here's a link to my favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk54gLsKdr8
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    masters of war was great! loved it...had closest seat yet...that stadium is huge!!!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • Options
    InsaneSoupInsaneSoup Posts: 37
    amazing show i have never had so much fun here's a link to my favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Hk54gLsKdr8
    SWEET! Thank you!
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
  • Options
    ragester wrote:

those are fantastic!

have you posted them here yet? http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=197272

• Options
    I would have to say that DC was awesome considering it was DC. From Baltimore and we NEVER get any great bands(cept for the Stones!), and usually bands don't always go all out in DC for some reason. This show was awesome. Release as an opener? Masters of War? I think the sound may have been better than East Ruth on 6/3. PJ played their hearts out. Only prob w/DC is no tailgating! Just had to pay an arm and a leg in the center! Oh, and the one old guy that was serving drinks! Man, was he slow. And he had to ask everyone(including me-40's) for their ID. I was like 'look at my face!!! LOL) Been to both Camden shows, DC and E Ruth II and each one was great in their own way with special memories from each one. That's what I love about PJ. You get a diff set list each night(okay I know a lot of songs are the same, but you always get something great), each show is diff and special in it's own right. If I didn't have to work, I'd trek all over the country to see them! You lucky bastards who can!!!!!! Anyway, DC was great as all of the others-but nothing compare to Phill/Wachovia center 10/3/05. My first show(yes, that's right), but that show blew me away and PJ became my fav band over U2 in a heartbeat. I'm converted! LOL

Peace out and bless all of you!! All great fans, great people!!!!!!
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    One week ago today. I wish I could relive the day again. In a perfect world, you would be able to attend one PJ show per week.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    julienovajulienova Posts: 118
    I would have to say that DC was awesome considering it was DC. From Baltimore and we NEVER get any great bands(cept for the Stones!), and usually bands don't always go all out in DC for some reason. This show was awesome. Release as an opener? Masters of War? I think the sound may have been better than East Ruth on 6/3. PJ played their hearts out. Only prob w/DC is no tailgating! Just had to pay an arm and a leg in the center! Oh, and the one old guy that was serving drinks! Man, was he slow. And he had to ask everyone(including me-40's) for their ID. I was like 'look at my face!!! LOL) Been to both Camden shows, DC and E Ruth II and each one was great in their own way with special memories from each one. That's what I love about PJ. You get a diff set list each night(okay I know a lot of songs are the same, but you always get something great), each show is diff and special in it's own right. If I didn't have to work, I'd trek all over the country to see them! You lucky bastards who can!!!!!! Anyway, DC was great as all of the others-but nothing compare to Phill/Wachovia center 10/3/05. My first show(yes, that's right), but that show blew me away and PJ became my fav band over U2 in a heartbeat. I'm converted! LOL

Peace out and bless all of you!! All great fans, great people!!!!!!

I went to Clyde's early pre-show and was lucky enough to get a bar stool. Drank quite a bit, so was surprized when the bill was only 25 dollars. Think that might have been a mistake. And then because it was taking a little too long to make my last drink, two bartendars made it and the other said keep it, it's for the wait. Clyde's pre-show rules! The guys around me said it was a gender thing ;-)
  • Options
    ^ hey i say if you got it, use it. hehehe. one of the perks of being the stronger sex.

and CorduroyLady great post and i'm glad pj's at the top of your list now!

• Options
    julienova wrote:
    I went to Clyde's early pre-show and was lucky enough to get a bar stool. Drank quite a bit, so was surprized when the bill was only 25 dollars. Think that might have been a mistake. And then because it was taking a little too long to make my last drink, two bartendars made it and the other said keep it, it's for the wait. Clyde's pre-show rules! The guys around me said it was a gender thing ;-)

Def lucky to get that bar stool and such a low bill!!! And like blondieblue227 said, if you got it, use it!!! And blondieblue227-thanks for the compliment on my post, and yes, I'm glad PJ is on the top of my list too. What was I thinking all of those years? Not thinking! And I agree with obiwon76. There should def be 1 pj comcert per week. I tell you, it's only been since Sat(lucky to get up to East Ruth), but I am feeling pj withdrawal. And tonight my daughter tells me there are still seats right in back of the stage at the Forum in LA! Oh how my mind is thinking major pj trip, but the wallet is saying'don't think so, hon!' Could make it a family vacation to sunny California, right?
  • Options
    Do it. Went to Camden 1 and DC and both were great shows. Came all the way from Cali (California to the locals) , dragged my family 3000 miles to make sure I would not miss pj. Took my teenage sons and daughter, though not their cup of tea, the memory they have was well worth it. Interesting differences between the two crowds from a west coast perspective. The Jersey crowd was raccous and wild in the lot, the Dc crowd more subdued but very appreciative of the music. It was a great vacation as we also visited NYC and Boston. Going to the la forum shows, which should be totally awesome, dude.
    All together now...
  • Options
    InsaneSoupInsaneSoup Posts: 37
    Do it. Went to Camden 1 and DC and both were great shows. Came all the way from Cali (California to the locals) , dragged my family 3000 miles to make sure I would not miss pj. Took my teenage sons and daughter, though not their cup of tea, the memory they have was well worth it. Interesting differences between the two crowds from a west coast perspective. The Jersey crowd was raccous and wild in the lot, the Dc crowd more subdued but very appreciative of the music. It was a great vacation as we also visited NYC and Boston. Going to the la forum shows, which should be totally awesome, dude.

I like hearing your perspective. The furthest West I've been for a show is Red Rocks. I brought my best friend of over 15 years (not a fan) to the DC show. He was suprised the crowd was not as crazy as he expected (sort of parelleling your "appreciative" comment), thought the sound was a bit off (arena, of course), BUT he had a great rockin' time. His 1st pj show, ok, it didn't change his life, but he liked the experience...which I think is cool.

I have no idea because I kind of get into a different zone when pj hits the stage. I usually see the forest, not the trees (many friends have seen an "I love this band" state they probably wish they'd never see again).

Anyway, nice to see the West Coast perspective.
    4/16/92...8/20/92...6/19/05...6/20/05...9/24/96...10/5/96...6/14/98...9/18/98...9/19/98...9/4/00...5/3/03...7/1/03...7/12/03...5/30/06...cuz everyone seems to be doin' it....please don't jump off any bridges.
  • Options
    Def lucky to get that bar stool and such a low bill!!! And like blondieblue227 said, if you got it, use it!!! And blondieblue227-thanks for the compliment on my post, and yes, I'm glad PJ is on the top of my list too. What was I thinking all of those years? Not thinking! And I agree with obiwon76. There should def be 1 pj comcert per week. I tell you, it's only been since Sat(lucky to get up to East Ruth), but I am feeling pj withdrawal. And tonight my daughter tells me there are still seats right in back of the stage at the Forum in LA! Oh how my mind is thinking major pj trip, but the wallet is saying'don't think so, hon!' Could make it a family vacation to sunny California, right?

pack your bags!

i tell ya, i have a friend in CA, she has 10c tickets and can't find anybody to go. can you believe that!? told her if i had an extra $1000 lying around, i'd be there in a heartbeat to go with her. i'd visit and stay with family i have there.

• Options

Glad you got to come to the east coast. Yes, NJ crowds are usually rowdy and DC is more subdued. Well, just loom at the demographics-not being nasty, just prob more upscale preppies in DC and greta rowdy people in NJ! As for Baltimore, guess I would fall more into the rockin, rowdy group!!!! haha

Def thinking about going. We could go to Disneyworld one day. Might work!

Thanks for your intersting perspective. i would love to see how the west coast compares!!
  • Options
    edsgirledsgirl Posts: 2
    This is my first time posting, but I have been a huge PJ fan since the 90's. I attended the 1st Camden and the DC show. I was seated in Section 110 row a and was extremely dissappointed with the fans. So many people were either just standing there (not knowing any of the new songs) or sitting down. I was screaming, dancing and singing the entire show just like in Camden. I kept turning around to my boyfriend yelling that these people suck. I was born and raised in Northen VA and DC is just 15 mins away from my parents home so I was sooooo excited to see them in my hometown. I was very upset with the crowd, not PJ. I don't care where I see them or how the croud is, I will love them just as much and enjoy the show regardless. I have been reading through different posts for some time now but reluctant to post anything b/c of the sometimes nasty replies that all too often happen. But I figured I would give it a try. Hope this is well received. I am thinking about going to Pittsburg to see them. Hopefully I can get tickets. I was just wondering if anyone has any DC pictures they are willing to share. Thanks for letting me speak my mind. Take care everyone.
  • Options
    Bird33Bird33 Posts: 120
    Any ladies live in Baltimore or around Baltimore? :D
  • Options
    mamasanmamasan Posts: 25
    i thought the show was fantastic... eddie really seemed like he was a having a genuine good time up there. inside job was the highlight for me.

anyways, i was seated next to one of the biggest assholes i have ever come across. front row, section 5, seat 7. this has nothing to do with any lack of pearl jam knowledge on his part, or a desire to hear only 'ten' songs... he was a big dude, and could have kicked the everliving shit out of me, and he probably had upwards of ten beers that night. at the end of the show, i was walking towards the exits, and the dude grabs my hat and throws all the way into the recording studio area... i go get it. he then did the same thing to my buddy. i find him, and i'm like, "what the fuck was that?" he says, "you've been talking shit all night." i had not said a single word to the guy all night, and the way he was responding freaked me out, cause he was like 6'4, 230lbs or so, and he had that look of rage thing going on. i let it go.

this would have been written so much better had i done it right after it happened. this guy was just a disgusting person, and it honestly kind of disappoints me that a diehard pearl jam fan could be like this.
    charlotte 4.16.2003, atlanta 4.19.2003, wash dc 7.01.2003
    hershey 7.12.2003, toledo 10.02.2004, asheville 10.06.2004
    kissimmee 10.08.2004, wash dc 5.30.2006, lolla 8.05.2007
    west palm beach 6.11.2008, tampa 6.12.2008, columbia 6.16.2008
  • Options
    unlededunleded Posts: 30
    edsgirl wrote:
    This is my first time posting, but I have been a huge PJ fan since the 90's. I attended the 1st Camden and the DC show. I was seated in Section 110 row a and was extremely dissappointed with the fans. So many people were either just standing there (not knowing any of the new songs) or sitting down. I was screaming, dancing and singing the entire show just like in Camden. I kept turning around to my boyfriend yelling that these people suck. I was born and raised in Northen VA and DC is just 15 mins away from my parents home so I was sooooo excited to see them in my hometown. I was very upset with the crowd, not PJ. I don't care where I see them or how the croud is, I will love them just as much and enjoy the show regardless. I have been reading through different posts for some time now but reluctant to post anything b/c of the sometimes nasty replies that all too often happen. But I figured I would give it a try. Hope this is well received. I am thinking about going to Pittsburg to see them. Hopefully I can get tickets. I was just wondering if anyone has any DC pictures they are willing to share. Thanks for letting me speak my mind. Take care everyone.

You should check this thread (I've posted some links for pics and vids myself):
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=197272
    04/25/95 - met EV @ Hovercraft show; 09/24/96 - MD; 09/18/98 - MD (caught MC drumstick); 09/04/00 - MD; 07/01/03 - VA; 10/01/04 - Reading; 10/11/04 - DC; 05/30/06 - DC; 06/11/08 - WPB; 08/24/09 - Chicago; 11/15/13 - Dallas; 11/16/13 - OKC
  • Options
    mamasan wrote:
    i thought the show was fantastic... eddie really seemed like he was a having a genuine good time up there. inside job was the highlight for me.

anyways, i was seated next to one of the biggest assholes i have ever come across. front row, section 5, seat 7. this has nothing to do with any lack of pearl jam knowledge on his part, or a desire to hear only 'ten' songs... he was a big dude, and could have kicked the everliving shit out of me, and he probably had upwards of ten beers that night. at the end of the show, i was walking towards the exits, and the dude grabs my hat and throws all the way into the recording studio area... i go get it. he then did the same thing to my buddy. i find him, and i'm like, "what the fuck was that?" he says, "you've been talking shit all night." i had not said a single word to the guy all night, and the way he was responding freaked me out, cause he was like 6'4, 230lbs or so, and he had that look of rage thing going on. i let it go.

this would have been written so much better had i done it right after it happened. this guy was just a disgusting person, and it honestly kind of disappoints me that a diehard pearl jam fan could be like this.

what's wrong with people these days? sorry to hear about that. i'm glad you did the right thing....guy was just looking for a fight. Jerks shouldn't be allowed to be PJers.

• Options
    what's wrong with people these days? sorry to hear about that. i'm glad you did the right thing....guy was just looking for a fight. Jerks shouldn't be allowed to be PJers.

First off, great show, great people, great fans. Secondly, if you think you've met assholes, then you haven't. (although the guy that grabbed you and your buddy's hats is an asshole). buuuut, i've been to concerts where people were MUCH bigger assholes. for instance, i saw lynyrd skynyrd 2 days after PJ and the only thing they had left was lawn. i decide to get them anyways and knowing my luck my brother and i got stuck behind this group of drunken bastards. they had about 5 handles they kept passing around and they kept throwing beer all over one of my rly good friends who was sitting next to me and she was afraid they were gonna rape her. the security didn't do anything either, even when they offered me and her booze. so, just remember, you're part of a great fanbase, and never get lawn seats at a lynyrd skynyrd concert.
  • Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Can I comment on how f-in hot it was the day of the show? Once we got off the metro and hit the streets, the heat just hit me. Plus, we went for drinks at Nova, and their A/C broke. Much to my pleasure, the Verizon Center was cool. But damn, hot, hot.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08