Options

*** Washington, DC Fanviews 5/30 Here ***

edwhoedwho Posts: 811
edited June 2006 in Given To Fly (live)
~

Ed Pre-Set: Don't Be Shy

My Morning Jacket Set List: At Dawn, Gideon, What a Wonderful Man, Wordless Chorus, O is the One that is Real, One Big Holiday, Anytime

Pearl Jam Set List: Release, World Wide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Animal, Do The Evolution, Given To Fly, Low Light, Unemployable, Grievance, Even Flow, I Got Id, Present Tense, Better Man, Inside Job, Wasted Reprise, Life Wasted, Why Go, Rearviewmirror

1st Encore: Man Of The Hour, Masters Of War, Elderly Woman Behind The Counter In A Small Town, Come Back, Alive

2nd Encore: Comatose, Leash, Fuckin' Up, Yellow Ledbetter / (Star Spangled Banner tag)

Please post your Fanview if you were at the show.

Set list source: tenclub.net, mymorningjacket.com, theskyiscrape.com and you.

~

Three Fish

July 1996 San Francisco

June 1999 Chicago

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    jam_headjam_head Posts: 125
    very good show.
    very fast paced opening after release. the place was jamming not as much as the philly shows but hey it still rocked. for some reason people behind the stage were sitting down....SEC 117 in the back to be exact. whatever their loss oh and get this SOME LADY ASKED ME TO SIT DOWN DURING THE SHOW, WTF?????? I was like look around lady everyone is standing except for you and the rest of our section. why dont these people just stay home? anyways back to the music, awesome versions of alive, man of the hour, masters of war and rvm. energy throughout most of the place was great except for my section or parts of it anyways. i was lookin up to the 400 sections and the people up there were rockin out!! man that show left me wanting more...hmmm west coast?
    7/1/03- DC, 7/12/03- Hershey, 9/28/04- Boston, 10/1/04- Reading, 10/3/05- Philly, 5/27/06- Camden I, 5/28/06- Camden II, 5/30/06- DC, *7/22/06- Gorge I, 7/23/06- Gorge II*, 6/20/08- Camden II, 6/22/08- DC, *6/24/08- MSG I, 6/25/08- MSG II*
  • Options
    QuadrupleDekeQuadrupleDeke Boston Posts: 168
    Finally, Present Tense live.

Oh, and I totally thought they were gonna play Glorified G when he said the next song was dedicated to Dick Cheney.

Amazing first set, and the people around me kicked ass. Nothing like a Pearl Jam crowd (a friend I brought to the 2003 Bristow show said that he was amazed by the Pearl Jam fans at the show, saying "not only did they all know every word, but they all knew every grunt between every word"). Thanks guys.
    7/1/03 ... 9/28/04 ... 5/30/06 ... 6/3/06 ... 6/30/08 ... 8/2/08 (ev solo) ... 10/30/09 ... 10/31/09 ... 5/17/10 ... 5/21/10 ... 3/27/11 (tres mts) ... 6/16/11 (ev solo) ... 10/19/13 ... 8/5/16 ... 8/7/16 ... 9/2/18 ... 9/4/18
  • Options
    tharvey13tharvey13 Posts: 15
    I really enjoyed the show, highlight would have to been Boom's intro for Betterman. Also Ed was a little clumsy tonight he must have fell 3 seperate times. It was a very good time.
  • Options
    cajunphishcajunphish Posts: 15
    Wow...Just got back...fucking incredible. This was my 5th time seeing them and it was either #1 or #2 in my book. The first set was relentless, starting right off with Release and then going into WWS, Severed Hand, and Corduroy...It only slowed down with Low Light in the first set...crowd was going nuts...

2nd set was mostly a sit down affair for the band, but ended with a rocking Alive...

3rd set started out with Comatose, and then went into LEASH! Eddie then proceeded to tell a story about Dick Cheney calling him today and requesting a song, and they went right into Neil Young's "Fuckin' Up"...closed out the show with Yellow Ledbetter. Almost caught a pick from Mike, and then found out a friend of mine caught Matt's drumstick...incredible show...1st set was amazing.
  • Options
    JHudgens75JHudgens75 Posts: 5
    I think they're gonna play Leash every night until people are sick of it. Maybe we already are.
  • Options
    jhinkle1114jhinkle1114 Posts: 207
    Great show. Was the Mike McCready show tonight, running all over stage, guitar behind the head on the Why Go solo.

Just awesome. Had great seats about 15 rows up on Stones side right off that corner of the stage. Nice after being in the back of the pavillion and in the lawn for Camden I and II respectively.

Ranking those shows, I'd put this one 2nd behind Camden II.
    2000: Pittsburgh
    2006: Camden I & II, DC
    2008: DC, Ed DC II
  • Options
    davidk1970davidk1970 Posts: 2
    In the history of rock and roll there has not been a better show. I defy you to name one. A single one. You're stumped aren't you?

I Got Shit
    Animal
    Leash
    Alive
    Release

If you went home disappointed from this show you should start smoking crack. There's no chance you'll find any form of pleasure otherwise. Good luck to you.

In all seriousness (the above is at least partly tongue in cheek) this was a really, really good show. The energy in my section (first row in the first section on the side) was very high. I was so unbelievably psyched to hear Leash. Really awesome.

Thank you Pearl Jam. You have brought me a lot of enjoyment in this life. Sincerely.
  • Options
    AlessianaAlessiana Posts: 329
    Great show!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't know what was on the original set list, but ed's audibles (strange to use a football term for a rock band but I don't know what else to call it) were perfect.

And I got I got Shit which I didn't think I'd get. : ) That was really wonderful.

They played with intensity. It was ferocious. The show just roared and Ed may not have been 100% but he sure put out 120%.

Our seats were shocking. That's all I have to say about that.

Thank you Pearl Jam. Thank you so very much. Thank you for a wonderful time these past few days... you made me really fucking happy. Life sucks so very often and this didn't. It has been a fantastic ride.

Anyone who hasn't seen them yet is in for something really special.

Toni's so into it now, she wants to join the message board. I guess I can't write about her anymore. But everyone better be nice or I'll be kicking some serious ass.

; )

Aless

Tell them you love them. Never let the mundane, the unimportant, or worse, the misunderstood, be the final words of parting.

Tell them.
  • Options
    kylepatrickkylepatrick Posts: 42
    i got shit/present tense sandwich was ammmmazing...come back sounded great live...ed's dick cheney speech was hilarious
  • Options
    cbbjrcbbjr Posts: 233
    Phenomenal show. A lot of energy in the crowd, definitely more so than the show out in Virginia in 2003. Release was a fantastic opener. It appeared as though Unemployable wasn’t on the original set list – after Low Light ended and I believe at least one of the guys changed guitars, Eddie told them that he wanted Unemployable and they had to change instruments once again. He also told them something before Grievance, but I guess that could have simply been that he wanted to go back to the planned setlist. New (at least to me) Boom intro on Better Man made it tolerable – this is one song I am tired of hearing. Not that it is bad on the album, but I’m a much bigger fan of Come Back after hearing it at a show. Fucking Up was dedicated to VP Cheney, who Eddie said called him earlier that day to request it.

Before the show I made a list of 10 or so songs I had never heard in my previous 8 shows. I was hoping to hear one of them and was lucky enough to actually hear 2 – Low Light and Present Tense. Those plus a couple of others not often played like I Got Id and Why Go were the highlights for me, along with Release and hearing Leash once again.

This is the second show I have been to this year – the other was Camden 2. The crowd seemed more into tonight’s show, which kind of surprised me since Philly supposedly has such a strong reputation. Maybe it was because Camden is outdoors and this is inside so the sound bounces around more, but the crowd was a lot louder all the way through tonight than Camden. I think the two encore sets in Camden were better (a lot of the songs were the same though – MOTH, Alive, Comatose, Leash, YL), but the main set tonight blew Camden away.
    98-KC; 00-Indianapolis, StL, KC; 03-KC, DC; 04-DC; 06-Camden2, DC, Pittsburgh; 08-DC; 09-Chicago1, Spectrum3; 10-DC; 13-Baltimote; 16-Chicago1; 18-Seattle2; 22-NY
  • Options
    waves roll inwaves roll in Posts: 159
    This show was unbelievable. Solid solid setlist. I finally heard Release!!!! chills and Leash!!!! Somehow before even Ed's preset (amazing) the usher had somehow messed up seating me which was no big deal at all to me and during WWS she tapped me on the shoulder and wanted to make up for it and took me down right next to the stage it was awesome. I went back and thanked her and told her how much that meant after the show. This show has left me inspired. The energy was much better here than Hartford. Everyone in my section was standing and singing every word. Ed seemed to be impressed by the people behind the stage, most of which were rocking out. Didn't see that many drunk asshole fratboys either which was also very fortunate.
  • Options
    davidk1970 wrote:
    In the history of rock and roll there has not been a better show. I defy you to name one. A single one. You're stumped aren't you?

I Got Id
    Animal
    Leash
    Alive
    Release

If you went home disappointed from this show you should start smoking crack. There's no chance you'll find any form of pleasure otherwise. Good luck to you.

In all seriousness (the above is at least partly tongue in cheek) this was a really, really good show. The energy in my section (first row in the first section on the side) was very high. I was so unbelievably psyched to hear Leash. Really awesome.

Thank you Pearl Jam. You have brought me a lot of enjoyment in this life. Sincerely.

Right fuckin on dude!
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • Options
    pearljamdude420pearljamdude420 Posts: 1,380
    this reminds me of 1 of the toronto shows except no leash that time. i hope they keep playing leash though.
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    Absolutely fantastic. I can't believe they played I got shit and Present Tense! I'm glad I have their new cd since they played alot of new stuff :) Ahhh, severed hand....

It was a little hard for me to see sometimes, I had section 2 floor seats back in row V. Thanks TenClub. My husband didn't have any trouble since he's taller.

Isn't the purpose of a tour to promote their new album? On the metro on the way home, a girl said she was disappointed that they didn't play daughter, black or last kiss. They played plenty of older songs, I thought it was a really good mix.

This was my only pj concert this tour and I'm satisfied. It was fun talking to people from the board too.

P.S. even our security guard assigned to our section was having a good time. he was watching the show while he worked and singing, bonding with fans.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    MANTISMANTIS Posts: 272
    davidk1970 wrote:

I Got Id
    Animal
    Leash
    Alive
    Release

seems like this is one of the weaker setlists of the tour, aside from toronto I

i have noticed the setlists are getting to be very similar every night...i hope this trend doesnt continue...

Columbus 00 -- Toronto 00 -- Toronto 03 -- Hershey 03 -- Boston I 04 -- Boston II 04 -- Toledo 04 -- Kitchener 05 -- London 05 -- Hamilton 05 -- Ottawa 05 -- Toronto 05 -- Toronto I 06 -- Toronto II 06 -- Cleveland 06 -- Detroit 06 -- Gorge I 06 -- Gorge II 06 -- Chicago Lolla 07 -- Toronto 09 -- Buffalo 10 -- Hamilton 11 -- Toronto I 11 -- Toronto II 11 -- Buffalo 13 -- London 13 -- Toronto I 16 -- Toronto II 16 -- Ottawa 16 -- Chicago I  18 -- Chicago II 18 -- Hamilton 22 -- Toronto 22

Ed Ved - Toronto I 08--Toronto II 08

• Options
    unlededunleded Posts: 30
    Great show last night, though I don't think it was as great as their last area appearance at Nissan -- can't beat Ed coming out and playing a 20 minute set by himself due to Sonic Youth's family emergency no-show.

My only regret was not having bought a new camera to better capture the show from my 5th row seats in front of Stone.
    04/25/95 - met EV @ Hovercraft show; 09/24/96 - MD; 09/18/98 - MD (caught MC drumstick); 09/04/00 - MD; 07/01/03 - VA; 10/01/04 - Reading; 10/11/04 - DC; 05/30/06 - DC; 06/11/08 - WPB; 08/24/09 - Chicago; 11/15/13 - Dallas; 11/16/13 - OKC
  • Options
    bryn_cmbsbryn_cmbs Posts: 407
    iluvcats wrote:
    P.S. even our security guard assigned to our section was having a good time. he was watching the show while he worked and singing, bonding with fans.

That's awsome. Once at a Foo Fighters show I made friends with a security guard as the night went on. I asked him for a set list at the end of the show and he gave me a drum stick to boot!
  • Options
    smartass1235smartass1235 Posts: 136
    ' wrote:
    V[ANTIS']seems like this is one of the weaker setlists of the tour, aside from toronto I

i have noticed the setlists are getting to be very similar every night...i hope this trend doesnt continue...

i guess some people have to have something to bitch about.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • Options
    Present Tense....Masters of War (who doesn't love a Dylan cover)....Open with Release....STRONG!!

I thought it was going to be Glorified G too, but Fuckin' Up is appropriate too!!

Low Light and Man of the Hour were awesome.

It was definitely the McCready show with Why Go and RVM.

Thanks guys for a great show, dont be gone so long again!!!!!
    I changed by not changing at all....

4-23-92
    8-24-92
    3-13-94
    4-03-94
    6-29-98
    9-01-98
    8-07-00
    4-19-03
    5-30-06
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    That's awsome. Once at a Foo Fighters show I made friends with a security guard as the night went on. I asked him for a set list at the end of the show and he gave me a drum stick to boot!

this isn't the first time i saw a guard enjoying pearl jam :D
    but this guy was really into them
    except
    he looked mean during fuckin' up! I loved ed's story about dick cheney, "hi DICK" with an emphasis on dick, lol. and i loved fuckin' up.
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    LouDogLouDog Posts: 30
    I thought it was a pretty good show. The show had a lot of energy but it was a little shorter than I thought it would be considering they came on pretty early. This is the second show that I have seen this leg and if I had to compare the two I think Albany was a little better than last night.
  • Options
    tharvey13tharvey13 Posts: 15
    unleded wrote:
    Great show last night, though I don't think it was as great as their last area appearance at Nissan -- can't beat Ed coming out and playing a 20 minute set by himself due to Sonic Youth's family emergency no-show.

My only regret was not having bought a new camera to better capture the show from my 5th row seats in front of Stone.

That was Merriweather Post 2000.
  • Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    I read on another message board that the sound was a bit off last night, a la Boston 1. Any comments? Was it real muddy?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    Okay... so 7th show I've been to... and I keep telling people after I get back from one, "Holy dogshit... fuckin' best PJ show I've ever been to." I don't think the set list was weak at all... Lowlight hasn't been played much, and neither has their Masters of War cover. Hell I was even happy to hear Corduroy. The sound wasn't horrible, but the Verizon center doesn't seem to be known for it's acoustics. And the fan club seats... good fucking lord... you could see Mike's guitar frets, and practically hear him yelling at our section. Thank you Matt for the drumstick!!!

A month or so ago, Esquire gave PJ one of thier music awards for best live band... their reasoning was simple: Have you ever been disapointed at a Pearl Jam show?
    Don't Mistake Lack of Talent For Genius
    San Francisco 6-24-1995
    San Jose 11-4-1995
    Sacramento 7-16-1998
    Los Angeles 10-24-2000
    San Bernadino 10-28-2000
    San Francisco 6-1-2003
    Washington, DC 5-30-2006
  • Options
    Section 110 row A here... I have to say, RELEASE was great...I was hopin' for a BABA closing, but yellow led was amazing tonite...I really enjoyed ALIVE and COME BACK was simply beautiful...of all the pearl jam shows that i've ever been to, I have to say this was the weakest crowd..it was still good, but the crowd was just a bit weaker than any other show i've beeen to...I also thought the sound quality at this venue was a bit lacking... but I enjoyed the show and the setlist was amazing.. ANIMAL *&^%'ing rocked out! The band seemed on and full of energy..never-ending energy tonite from the band.. RVM was just outstanding as usual and when they payed Grievance, everybody went off...also the new BETTER MAN intro sounded great with Boom playing piano and MAN OF THE HOUR was better than any that i've ever heard cept for Benaroya ... Leash was great but not alot of people knew the words to that one..and when FUCKIN' UP started, everybody went nuts... great show, thanks pearl jam!
    "Wave to all my friends"
  • Options
    10C seats were stellar. I ended up on Mike's side with my wife just a few rows back (sec 120). I thought the sound got lost in a couple isolated moments, particularly during a couple of the new songs, but other than that the sound was very full, rich, and dynamic. My wife caught a pick. Pretty cool. They have a block letter Mike McCready logo on one side and then a picture of a palm tree and the beach on the other. I thought the setlist was great. Ed's voice was in peak form -- much better than it was at Nissan in 2003 where he was shot pretty much after Betterman (but that was an amazing version of that song). The crowd was excellent. Even the security and the ushers were really cool. We made friends with the usher in our section (Keith).

Plus the poster, which I got one of, was the best so far of the tour. I think Klausen has officially knocked Ames Bros. off the pedestal.

Anyway, great show and can't wait for Saturday where I predict Julian Casablancas will show up for an encore with Pearl Jam.
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    TheGossmanTheGossman Posts: 1,120
    amazing show, better than either camden shows, no drunken idiots or lame people around me, setlist was very standard, but this show was just so much fun, the guys sitting beside my friend and I were absolutely nuts! Can't wait for East Rutherford!
    9/4/98, 8/4/00, 12/8/02, 12/9/02, 4/15/03, 4/16/03, 4/19/03, 4/25/03, 4/26/03, 4/28/03, 4/29/03, 4/30/03, 7/8/03, 7/9/03, 9/28/04, 9/29/04, 10/6/04, 9/1/05, 9/2/05, 5/16/06, 5/17/06, 5/27/06, 5/28/06, 5/30/06, 6/1/06, 6/3/06, 8/5/07, 6/11/08, 6/12/08, 6/14/08, 6/16/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08
  • Options
    unlededunleded Posts: 30
    tharvey13 wrote:
    That was Merriweather Post 2000.

You're right. The individual shows in my head are morphing into some sort of super show. Getting old...

Forgot to mention how great last night's version of Masters of War was. Even before this newest arrangement, I thought PJ's take on the song was the single greatest interpretation of any Dylan song. Now, even more so. Very powerful. I wonder if Bob's heard it...
    04/25/95 - met EV @ Hovercraft show; 09/24/96 - MD; 09/18/98 - MD (caught MC drumstick); 09/04/00 - MD; 07/01/03 - VA; 10/01/04 - Reading; 10/11/04 - DC; 05/30/06 - DC; 06/11/08 - WPB; 08/24/09 - Chicago; 11/15/13 - Dallas; 11/16/13 - OKC
  • Options
    XboxjunkieXboxjunkie Posts: 133
    TheGossman wrote:
    amazing show, better than either camden shows, no drunken idiots or lame people around me, setlist was very standard, but this show was just so much fun, the guys sitting beside my friend and I were absolutely nuts! Can't wait for East Rutherford!

You were at Camden??

We were there!!!!!
    How I choose to feel is how I am.
    unleded wrote:
    You're right. The individual shows in my head are morphing into some sort of super show. Getting old...

Forgot to mention how great last night's version of Masters of War was. Even before this newest arrangement, I thought PJ's take on the song was the single greatest interpretation of any Dylan song. Now, even more so. Very powerful. I wonder if Bob's heard it...

Nothing tops Jimi Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower".... No way.
    "If she don't love me no more, i know her sister will" Jimi Hendrix