Options

*** Washington, DC Fanviews 5/30 Here ***

Comments

• Options
    obiwon76obiwon76 Posts: 568
    Excellent show indeed. Not to turn this into my own personal board, but if the woman who was in Seat Section 3, Row E, either seat 5 or 6 would reply to this thread, I would greatly appreciate it. Wearing a white top and bopping up and down all night, I would like to marry you.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    attention dc people:

I didn't listen to dc101 today. What was elliott's major concert announcement?
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    unlededunleded Posts: 30
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Excellent show indeed. Not to turn this into my own personal board, but if the woman who was in Seat Section 3, Row E, either seat 5 or 6 would reply to this thread, I would greatly appreciate it. Wearing a white top and bopping up and down all night, I would like to marry you.

I know who you're talking about. She's from North Carolina...somehow ended up with floor seats through a trade with a Ten Clubber who wanted to sit with friends up in the 400 section or something. Don't know anything else about her...
    04/25/95 - met EV @ Hovercraft show; 09/24/96 - MD; 09/18/98 - MD (caught MC drumstick); 09/04/00 - MD; 07/01/03 - VA; 10/01/04 - Reading; 10/11/04 - DC; 05/30/06 - DC; 06/11/08 - WPB; 08/24/09 - Chicago; 11/15/13 - Dallas; 11/16/13 - OKC
  • Options
    WEAPONX24WEAPONX24 Posts: 131
    AWESOME!!!! AWESOME!!!! AWESOME SHOW!!!! The energy coming from the band on the past two shows has really suprised me....I havent seen them this charged up in years. I loved the setlists. They had great Encores. It was a straight rocker, with a couple of well timed breaks for the slower songs. I have to say Im torn as to what was the better show...Camden II or D.C. Im not going to force myself to make a decision, rather just enjoy both shows and put the bootlegs on repeat.
  • Options
    Thanks Unleded. Were you as into watching her more than the guys on stage? I've never seen a female (no offense) with so much enthusiasm at a show. She made the evening that much enjoyable.
    San Fran 92, San Fran 93, Berkeley 93, Indio 93, Fairfax 94, DC 95, San Fran 95, DC 95, Va Beach 98, Columbia 98, Dc 98, Va Beach 00, Columbia 00, Philly 03, Bristow 03, Chicago 06, Chicago 06, Dc 06, DC 08
  • Options
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    Nothing tops Jimi Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower".... No way.

AGREED!!!
    I changed by not changing at all....

4-23-92
    8-24-92
    3-13-94
    4-03-94
    6-29-98
    9-01-98
    8-07-00
    4-19-03
    5-30-06
  • Options
    moemoe6434 wrote:
    Nothing tops Jimi Hendrix's version of "All Along the Watchtower".... No way.

Before I said MoW was the greatest, I did give some thought to Hendrix and still conclude PJ's MoW to be a more complex, emotionally charged, enjoyable song. To me, it's the ultimate example of how the right combination of instrumental arrangement and vocals can make an already great song into something so much more powerful. IMHO.
    04/25/95 - met EV @ Hovercraft show; 09/24/96 - MD; 09/18/98 - MD (caught MC drumstick); 09/04/00 - MD; 07/01/03 - VA; 10/01/04 - Reading; 10/11/04 - DC; 05/30/06 - DC; 06/11/08 - WPB; 08/24/09 - Chicago; 11/15/13 - Dallas; 11/16/13 - OKC
  • Options
    obiwon76 wrote:
    Thanks Unleded. Were you as into watching her more than the guys on stage? I've never seen a female (no offense) with so much enthusiasm at a show. She made the evening that much enjoyable.

Girl watching never takes precedence over PJ -- especially when we're that close to the stage. Besides, my wife wouldn't have allowed it ;)
  • Options
    LNB1402LNB1402 Posts: 12
    as my first pearl jam show, i loved it. i went with my boyfriend and i must admit, i wasn't like "WOW" excited (like my bf) at first, but once the show started i was just in aw. it was amazing. i must say, mike is a god. athough, the bf would disagree with that and say eddie is god, i dont care. i enjoyed myself. they played great songs, the crowd was great, even our seats were good! the show itself was 2 thumbs up :)
    let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah..
    it's growing up just like me

<3
  • Options
    LNB1402LNB1402 Posts: 12
    iluvcats wrote:
    this isn't the first time i saw a guard enjoying pearl jam :D
    but this guy was really into them
    except
    he looked mean during fuckin' up! I loved ed's story about dick cheney, "hi DICK" with an emphasis on dick, lol. and i loved fuckin' up.
    i agree, i loved the dick cheney story as well :)
    let's say knowledge is a tree, yeah..
    it's growing up just like me

<3
  • Options
    iluvcats wrote:
    attention dc people:

I didn't listen to dc101 today. What was elliott's major concert announcement?

I'm pretty sure it's the Foo Fighters playing an acoustic gig at Constitution Hall.
  • Options
    satansbedbugssatansbedbugs On Tour Posts: 2,410
    just woke up from yet again unbelieveable show last night at the mci center in wash dc....i enjoyed everything very much and thank you guys for grievence again ( one of my favs) . present tense is always a treat as well , and masters of war speaks for itself..the only thing i have to complain about is tailgating in a parking garage....." hey mci take all that $$$$$4 you make and build a parking lot"...other thatn that thanks for having us from delaware and PJ ROX DC....sbb...see you in east rutherford......sbb
    *Marker in the Sand Fanclub * HNIC

Philly- 2005, 2013, 2016
    Camden 2000, 2003, 2006, 2008, 2022
    Philly Spectrum 2009 x4 - We closed that MFER Down Proper
    DC- 2006, 2008
    New York- 2008, 2010
    Boston - Fenway 2016
    New Jersey- 2006
    Chicago - 2007
    Seattle- 2005
    EV Solo- DC x2, Baltimore x2 , Newark NJ x2,  Tower Theater x2 

- Given To Fly
  • Options
    taetum19taetum19 Posts: 12
    cbbjr wrote:
    Phenomenal show. A lot of energy in the crowd, definitely more so than the show out in Virginia in 2003. Release was a fantastic opener. It appeared as though Unemployable wasn’t on the original set list – after Low Light ended and I believe at least one of the guys changed guitars, Eddie told them that he wanted Unemployable and they had to change instruments once again. He also told them something before Grievance, but I guess that could have simply been that he wanted to go back to the planned setlist. New (at least to me) Boom intro on Better Man made it tolerable – this is one song I am tired of hearing. Not that it is bad on the album, but I’m a much bigger fan of Come Back after hearing it at a show. Fucking Up was dedicated to VP Cheney, who Eddie said called him earlier that day to request it.

Before the show I made a list of 10 or so songs I had never heard in my previous 8 shows. I was hoping to hear one of them and was lucky enough to actually hear 2 – Low Light and Present Tense. Those plus a couple of others not often played like I Got Id and Why Go were the highlights for me, along with Release and hearing Leash once again.

This is the second show I have been to this year – the other was Camden 2. The crowd seemed more into tonight’s show, which kind of surprised me since Philly supposedly has such a strong reputation. Maybe it was because Camden is outdoors and this is inside so the sound bounces around more, but the crowd was a lot louder all the way through tonight than Camden. I think the two encore sets in Camden were better (a lot of the songs were the same though – MOTH, Alive, Comatose, Leash, YL), but the main set tonight blew Camden away.

camden II main set: Wash, Go, Worldwide Suicide, Severed Hand, Corduroy, Save You, Given To Fly, Army Reserve, Grievance, Gone, Even Flow, You Are, Wishlist, SATAN'S BED!!, Garden, Whipping, Life Wasted, RVM

DC cant hold a candle to that..........but you know what opinions are like. glad you had a good time regardless.......
    how much difference does it make...
  • Options
    hey mci take all that $$$$$4 you make and build a parking lot
    not to pick a fight, but you don't know a whole bunch about the real estate market...
    "Goddamn Romans. Sure know how to make a ... drum room." --Matt Cameron
  • Options
    kylepatrickkylepatrick Posts: 42
    ill say it again...the i got shit/present tense sandwich was absolutely amazing....those songs belong together like that
  • Options
    funkyfoodfunkyfood Posts: 9
    unleded wrote:
    Even before this newest arrangement, I thought PJ's take on the song was the single greatest interpretation of any Dylan song. Now, even more so. Very powerful. I wonder if Bob's heard it...

As good as Pearl Jam is, you can't really think it's better than Hendrix's version of All Along the Watchtower
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,373
    Man.. what an awesome show!!! It rocked my night out.
  • Options
    TravelarTravelar Kalamazoo, USA Posts: 3,373
    obiwon76 wrote:

She's pretty cool. She is indeed from one of the Carolinas. I've talked to her at a few shows, but I don't remember her name. Sorry. I was talking to her during sound check and I know she was looking for floor seats before the show. I was glad to see that she was able to score some, especially so close. PJTaper knows her. They did the Borgata together if I remember right.
  • Options
    ...of all the pearl jam shows that i've ever been to, I have to say this was the weakest crowd..it was still good, but the crowd was just a bit weaker than any other show i've beeen to...I also thought the sound quality at this venue was a bit lacking... quote]

I'm so glad to hear someone else say this. I found the crowd to be disappointing last night, just not much crowd-energy compared to the many PJ shows I've been to.

The sound was also a bit muffled at times. What is a shame is that the set list was great, and the band was on, but outside factors made this a less than stellar show.

Don't get me wrong, the show was a blast. They always are, but I should not be the only guy within 5 rows jumping up and waving my arms (and i was on the floor!)
  • Options
    pjtaperpjtaper Posts: 3,020
    yeah, if you mean "did the borgata thing together" as in shared the same experience with the scalper, then yes. She is a very cool girl, but I believe she has a boyfriend... I got his phone number though, in case you want it, they were looking for tix, and I was going to the CCFA pre-party, so I told them I'd call them if I found anything! (kidding, I wouldn't give out the number)
    I have met her at so many shows, I kinda feel bad, I can't even remember her name, hehe... but she is very nice, and a true fan!
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    Comatose and Leash rocked my socks! my fav part of the show.

had real good seats, was surprized, my 10c number isn't that great. left side of stage, but kind of far up. but hey as long as people don't stand up and block my view...i'm happy. (i'm in a chair)

fuck it was hot that day....mci center had the ac cranking....very nice.

sorry to anybody i nicked with my footrest. :) i was zooming around the place trying to find my seat.

wonder how my keychains did at the RFD CCFA benifit? i didn't stay to find out. There was way more guys at the bar...hardly no pj chicks...so i'm guessing my stuff didn't do all that well.

my 3rd pj show was great!
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    This show took the cake for me over all my past shows with them...not that they all weren't amazing the set list was flawless..I did want Rockin in the Free World..but still no complaints. Might I add Mike was crazy last night, & I loved every second. Eddie was incredible, well so was jeff..and stone,..and Matt...F**K...it was just great. I feel new again.
    Until next time DC...Thank you...it was pure Magic.
    Thank you PJ...I am never disappointed. I was well overdue for my fix.
    No need to be void,.. or save up on life,...
    Got to spend it all,.....

"Those who dance are called insane by those who don't hear the music." EV

1-14-95, 9-04-00, 7-01-03, 5-30-06, 10-21-06, 10-22-06, 6-17-08, 6-22-08, 8-16-08 E.V., 6-15-09 E.V., 10-28-09, 5-13-10.
  • Options
    drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394
    I wasn't there so I can't comment on the crowd or energy or anything like that. But every day after a PJ show, I go online to check out the set list. And I have to be honest, my 1st thought this morning was "WOW - that's the worst set list of the tour so far". I'm sure I'm biased - I went to Albany, Boston 1 & 2, and Hartford (which was poor compared to the others). But then again, I guess judging a set list is a matter of personal preference. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but that was my initial thought. My worst setlist is probably someone else's dream setlist. Glad to see everyone there enjoyed the hell out of it.
  • Options
    So, to the "nameless PJ fan in section 3, row E, seat 5" last night at the DC show, thank you for making my PJ experience that much memorable. You are truly the most rockin fan I've ever seen.
  • Options
    blondieblue227blondieblue227 Va, USA Posts: 4,509
    This show took the cake for me over all my past shows with them...not that they all weren't amazing the set list was flawless..I did want Rockin in the Free World..but still no complaints. Might I add Mike was crazy last night, & I loved every second. Eddie was incredible, well so was jeff..and stone,..and Matt...F**K...it was just great. I feel new again.
    Until next time DC...Thank you...it was pure Magic.
    Thank you PJ...I am never disappointed. I was well overdue for my fix.

yes, he was, wasn't he? i was in heaven hearing him play. mike is the man.
    *~Pearl Jam will be blasted from speakers until morale improves~*

• Options
    I wasn't there so I can't comment on the crowd or energy or anything like that. But every day after a PJ show, I go online to check out the set list. And I have to be honest, my 1st thought this morning was "WOW - that's the worst set list of the tour so far". I'm sure I'm biased - I went to Albany, Boston 1 & 2, and Hartford (which was poor compared to the others). But then again, I guess judging a set list is a matter of personal preference. Not trying to rain on anyone's parade, but that was my initial thought. My worst setlist is probably someone else's dream setlist. Glad to see everyone there enjoyed the hell out of it.

I don't get it... not every show can be a July 2003 Mansfield show. I dug the first encore... it was essentially a short acoustic-sit-down set... Kind of a nice twist.
    Don't Mistake Lack of Talent For Genius
    San Francisco 6-24-1995
    San Jose 11-4-1995
    Sacramento 7-16-1998
    Los Angeles 10-24-2000
    San Bernadino 10-28-2000
    San Francisco 6-1-2003
    Washington, DC 5-30-2006
  • Options
    BTW, was anyone else surprised/dissapointed that we only got a 4 song 2nd encore and overall 27 songs? They have been averaging between 29-31 songs per show and particularily lately, 6-8 songs in the 2nd encore.

Did the Storytellers thing today have something to do with last night's show, dammit.
  • Options
    obiwon76 wrote:
    BTW, was anyone else surprised/dissapointed that we only got a 4 song 2nd encore and overall 27 songs? They have been averaging between 29-31 songs per show and particularily lately, 6-8 songs in the 2nd encore.

Did the Storytellers thing today have something to do with last night's show, dammit.
    i think the verizon center has a 11:00 curfew
  • Options
    julienovajulienova Posts: 118
    ...of all the pearl jam shows that i've ever been to, I have to say this was the weakest crowd..it was still good, but the crowd was just a bit weaker than any other show i've beeen to...I also thought the sound quality at this venue was a bit lacking...

I'm so glad to hear someone else say this. I found the crowd to be disappointing last night, just not much crowd-energy compared to the many PJ shows I've been to.

The sound was also a bit muffled at times. What is a shame is that the set list was great, and the band was on, but outside factors made this a less than stellar show.

Don't get me wrong, the show was a blast. They always are, but I should not be the only guy within 5 rows jumping up and waving my arms (and i was on the floor!)

I was there too. For a DC crowd, that was actually pretty energetic. I get so tired of the I can't move a finger people. It's like Fugazi beat the dance out of us.
  • Options
    julienova wrote:
    I was there too. For a DC crowd, that was actually pretty energetic. I get so tired of the I can't move a finger people. It's like Fugazi beat the dance out of us.
    i thought the crowd was amped up too, but there are always these early 20s kids who just kind of stare at the stage and I can't tell if they are having fun. it's like there are afraid to display any sign of enjoyment. i mean, i personally don't let it affect my good time, but I wonder what it would take to make some of these kids actually get excited?