Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Four beautiful words now associated with my order that I placed late last year:  Layaway paid in full!
    HELL YES! Same here!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,525
    Same!  So pumped!
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    Just got my vacation approved. Had to promise a few future favours but going to be worth it. Now lets get that border open!!
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,440
    PJNB said:
    Lots of fake accounts on the Facebook groups and other social media sites.  No one imo should be sending any money to strangers imo with the ticket exchange being up and an option. I hate the fees but unless you have references from sellers I would pay the fees every time rather than risk losing money. Time it with someone on the exchange and if they back out you know it was no good anyways. 

If it is too good to be true, it probably is.  I have not seen a stubhub or TM 3 day ticket for less than about $1200 and Sunday tickets are going for about $800. Still plenty of time for prices to come down depending on travel situations.  I wanted to make sure I have legit tickets so I bought through the ticket exchange. Keep in mind that there is a HEFTY fee attached to each ticket when you buy through TM exchange. $314 in fees for the two tickets I bought through the exchange.
  • LaFleurLaFleur Posts: 783
    Get_Right said:
    PJNB said:
    Lots of fake accounts on the Facebook groups and other social media sites.  No one imo should be sending any money to strangers imo with the ticket exchange being up and an option. I hate the fees but unless you have references from sellers I would pay the fees every time rather than risk losing money. Time it with someone on the exchange and if they back out you know it was no good anyways. 

If it is too good to be true, it probably is.  I have not seen a stubhub or TM 3 day ticket for less than about $1200 and Sunday tickets are going for about $800. Still plenty of time for prices to come down depending on travel situations.  I wanted to make sure I have legit tickets so I bought through the ticket exchange. Keep in mind that there is a HEFTY fee attached to each ticket when you buy through TM exchange. $314 in fees for the two tickets I bought through the exchange.
    I'm surprised at some of the 3 day Stubhub and TM exchange prices...you can still buy the 3 day charity platinum from TM for $1250+225. 
    Barrie - '98
    Toronto - '96, '00, '03, '05, '06, '16, '20, '22
    Ottawa - '16, '20, '22
    Hamilton - '20, '22
    I have a buddy looking for a Sunday or 3 day (and he'd sell his Fri/Sat), so I've been watching the TM exchange site periodically for him. I've only seen 2 3-day passes for sale under $1000. One was $575 and the other was around $850. I texted him immediately, but they were gone pretty quick. 
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    mfc2006 said:
    I have a buddy looking for a Sunday or 3 day (and he'd sell his Fri/Sat), so I've been watching the TM exchange site periodically for him. I've only seen 2 3-day passes for sale under $1000. One was $575 and the other was around $850. I texted him immediately, but they were gone pretty quick. 
    Just a heads up you likely wouldn’t be able to sell Fri/Sat of a 3-day. Weekend passes are a single wristband that you wear all three days. Not saying it’s impossible, but you would likely need somebody you know and could trust to get you that wristband back for Sunday.
    kasedoug said:
    mfc2006 said:
    Just a heads up you likely wouldn’t be able to sell Fri/Sat of a 3-day. Weekend passes are a single wristband that you wear all three days. Not saying it’s impossible, but you would likely need somebody you know and could trust to get you that wristband back for Sunday.
    I meant that if he found a 3-day, he would sell his Friday and Saturday single day tickets. Sorry for the confusion
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • kasedougkasedoug The Golden State Posts: 2,888
    mfc2006 said:
    kasedoug said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I meant that if he found a 3-day, he would sell his Friday and Saturday single day tickets. Sorry for the confusion
    Gotcha. Sorry for misunderstanding.
  • pjcordpjcord Posts: 75
    (relatively) cheap Sunday ticket available on the Ticket Exchange right now ... 
    So what is everyone thinking is going to be going down Saturday night? 

EV solo set as advertised

EV and friends with Pearl Jam members or other artists coming out during certain songs to add to the show. (Think Just Breathe with Matt)

EV solo start for a couple of songs and full Pearl Jam surprise appearance to play the rest of the show. ( I mean they will be at the venue)

Full Pearl Jam show from start to finish

I am not trying to hype this as anything other than what is advertised and just creating a discussion of what everyone expects. This is a unique situation where when they originally scheduled this festival it was under the assumption that they would of already played 5 Pearl Jam shows months prior to this in California. Now we are coming out of a pandemic with no California shows since 2013 I believe and the perfect opportunity to do a back to back. I am 100% happy with the lineups as it is just curious what others are thinking. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    More or less expecting a few cameos here and there (Glen during EV, Brandi or KoL on Sunday night). Maybe an EV or Mike cameo during other’s sets. But at this rate Saturday will be an EV set and PJ in full force Sunday - anything beyond that will be an added bonus.
    tschav said:
    More or less expecting a few cameos here and there (Glen during EV, Brandi or KoL on Sunday night). Maybe an EV or Mike cameo during other’s sets. But at this rate Saturday will be an EV set and PJ in full force Sunday - anything beyond that will be an added bonus.
    Well said with the added bonus. I am getting pretty pumped for this show! 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    In 2019 Ed made a cameo during Glen’s set, for Smile.  Glen returned the favor for Society.  What a night.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,408
    My not-so-ambitious predictions:

EV plays with KOL and Plague Vendor on Friday
    EV Plays with The Frames on Saturday
    Glen plays with EV on Saturday
    EV Plays with Brian Fallon on Sunday
    edited June 2021
    I doubt the rest of the band is even near the festival grounds on Saturday. EV solo set with a guest or two.  I expect him to get up with KoL and maybe MMJ on Friday and Fallon wouldn't surprise me on Sunday.
    Post edited by ComeToTX on
  • PhilLeotardoPhilLeotardo Posts: 78
    edited June 2021
    In 2019 Ed made a cameo during Glen’s set, for Smile.  Glen returned the favor for Society.  What a night.  
    Also Glen/Red Limo on Black

Hanserd/Ed at some point is almost a given.

Also in ‘19, Kelly Slater played Indifference with Ed, left, Ed plays another song. Looks down at the other stool…”Kelly left his phone”, picks it up “Tell him Rob Machado called.”
    So maybe Ed joins Machado.

I think Mike (?) is the one that’s kind of buds with Brandi, so joins her for a cover of something we know. (Seasons?)

If this show happened in ‘20, I would say no PJ anywhere on Saturday. But I think there’s a sense of how fragile this show was still right up through a couple months ago. So maybe a *little* more fan-servicy than usual. Nothing overwhelming. Stone joins Ed for Daughter?

Hoping for something pretty effing dramatic to close on Sunday and sorta rooting against RITFW to close either night.
    Post edited by PhilLeotardo on
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    These comments are making me super pumped. I’m going to be beyond devastated if the UK can’t travel to the US by the end of September.
    edited June 2021
    matt84 said:
    These comments are making me super pumped. I’m going to be beyond devastated if the UK can’t travel to the US by the end of September.
    Gotta think that aside from Canada you guys have to be right up there in timing for the US to be opening the border with. What are the restrictions like right now for you? Can't fly out of the country at all or is it just the return that is the problem? We can fly into the US just have to isolate for 14 days coming back which is a deal breaker for most. I am confident you are going to make it!
  • chittychitty Posts: 574
    Rumour has it the 14 day quarantine rule in Canada will be shortened in the near future. 14 days does seem excessive especially if you are double vaccinated.
  • I think we're going to get a bunch of "ukulele songs" and Into the Wild soundtrack on Saturday, unfortunately. Doubt any PJ member will join aside from maybe Matt or Jack Irons (since he lives there). Would be awesome though. And if they switched it to a full PJ show for both nights that would be incredible but I don't think EV will do it. 

Sunday we'll get a greatest hits set with 5 songs from Gigaton and 3 rarities and 2 covers sprinkled in. Hour and a half, tops. Still fucking pumped to see it though. 
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
    edited June 2021
    I think we're going to get a bunch of "ukulele songs" and Into the Wild soundtrack on Saturday, unfortunately. Doubt any PJ member will join aside from maybe Matt or Jack Irons (since he lives there). Would be awesome though. And if they switched it to a full PJ show for both nights that would be incredible but I don't think EV will do it. 

Sunday we'll get a greatest hits set with 5 songs from Gigaton and 3 rarities and 2 covers sprinkled in. Hour and a half, tops. Still fucking pumped to see it though. 
    EV last show was almost 1hr 55mins long. I would be surprised if they go under that
  • kaw753kaw753 Posts: 741
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:
    Gotta think that aside from Canada you guys have to be right up there in timing for the US to be opening the border with. What are the restrictions like right now for you? Can't fly out of the country at all or is it just the return that is the problem? We can fly into the US just have to isolate for 14 days coming back which is a deal breaker for most. I am confident you are going to make it!
    I am probably the resident border expert as I am a dual citizen and walked across the border last weekend. I work from home, so the quarantine is no big deal. Anyway, lots of stuff popping up in the last week about the hotel thing being dropped this month and the land border re-opening in some form. It would be shocking if things weren't open by September given the economic impact, so I wouldn't sweat that. It might even be a good idea to snag a cheap flight now while nobody is booking. Probably a test at CVS/Walgreens coming back and then one at the border or within a day arriving home.
    I think we're going to get a bunch of "ukulele songs" and Into the Wild soundtrack on Saturday, unfortunately. Doubt any PJ member will join aside from maybe Matt or Jack Irons (since he lives there). Would be awesome though. And if they switched it to a full PJ show for both nights that would be incredible but I don't think EV will do it. 

Ha. No, dude. 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    Hey all, as California moves to a full re-opening on the 15th, here are guideline that will be in effect until OCTOBER 1st:

When California fully reopens the economy, the state will move beyond the Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Beginning June 15, all sectors listed in the current Blueprint Activities and Business Tiers Chart may return to usual operations (with the limited exceptions noted below for Mega Events) based on the following general public health recommendations:

Restrictions Applying to Indoor & Outdoor Settings
    Vaccine Verification / Negative Testing

Required for Indoor mega events

Recommended for Outdoor mega events

Capacity LimitationsNo restrictions
    Physical Distancing No restrictions for attendees, customers and guests
    MaskingFollow current CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings
    TravelersFollow CDC recommendations and CDPH Travel Advisory

I hope this is useful for some of you. And please note that I don't make the news, I just report it. :-)

(Also, since this part of the state seems to be the only place where it's NOT currently 90 degrees, and my fingers are going numb: bring a jacket!)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    Hey all, as California moves to a full re-opening on the 15th, here are guideline that will be in effect until OCTOBER 1st:

When California fully reopens the economy, the state will move beyond the Blueprint for a Safer Economy. Beginning June 15, all sectors listed in the current Blueprint Activities and Business Tiers Chart may return to usual operations (with the limited exceptions noted below for Mega Events) based on the following general public health recommendations:

Restrictions Applying to Indoor & Outdoor Settings
    Vaccine Verification / Negative Testing

Required for Indoor mega events

Recommended for Outdoor mega events

Capacity LimitationsNo restrictions
    Physical Distancing No restrictions for attendees, customers and guests
    MaskingFollow current CDPH Guidance for Face Coverings
    TravelersFollow CDC recommendations and CDPH Travel Advisory

I hope this is useful for some of you. And please note that I don't make the news, I just report it. :-)

(Also, since this part of the state seems to be the only place where it's NOT currently 90 degrees, and my fingers are going numb: bring a jacket!)
    Do you see something here that changes what Ohana Fest organizers have planned? 
  • curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,218
    edited June 2021
    I see nothing that affects their ability to go forward. But note that proof of vaccination/ negative test is "recommended," so I think it's possible that Ohana will require it -- but I interpret this as leaving it to the organizers' discretion.

Edit to add that despite having a very low case rate, mild climate, and an excellent vaccination rate, the state has been very conservative about re-opening. That said, as of the 15th it's "business as usual" for everything but "mega" events, and they've opted not to be super-conservative about outdoor events (and judging by the sudden appearance of a ferris wheel, I do believe the San Diego county fair is back this year).
    Post edited by curmudgeoness on
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
    I see nothing that affects their ability to go forward. But note that proof of vaccination/ negative test is "recommended," so I think it's possible that Ohana will require it -- but I interpret this as leaving it to the organizers' discretion.
    Ya I saw that too and find that interesting. I will be double vaxxed so it is not a concern to me but tickets have been sold out for awhile now with no mention of needing the vaccine or neg test. On the other hand this band loves to play it safe and if that is what they recommend it makes sense for them to flip to that requirement. If they do flip there will be a lot of tickets for sale and a lot of money to be had for TM too raking it in on the fees. 

• matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:
    A deal would need to be made between the UK and US. Hopefully the US will be in the UK’s green list before September. Right now, cases in the UK are on the rise again due to the Indian variant, which is a huge concern and the cause for delays in the travel industry.
    https://globalnews.ca/news/7933944/canada-quarantine-hotel-program/?utm_source=GlobalNews&utm_medium=Facebook&fbclid=IwAR2gKJ2GhORAPkJVBtVSR3PR6DvvTJCvQ_inkUiDPCQfxZaN741XhXcAejk

Looks like an announcement coming today on ease of restrictions for those that are full vaccinated flying back from the US. No more 14 day quarantining. Just the need to prove a negative test. Getting closer!