Options

Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• Options
    docsredarmy99docsredarmy99 Posts: 34
    edited August 2021
    We've a flight booked from Dublin Matt & still hanging on to the feint hope that they will open the borders, so I haven't investigated the possibility of a refund yet. I'm going to make a few enquiries this weekend because I'm becoming less & less optimistic that we are going to get to go. 
    Post edited by docsredarmy99 on
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    I hope you guys can make it but if it was me I would be I would do a couple of things right now. 

Email Frontgate everyday I can until I get a response. There is also a phone number that I doubt works. 888-512-SHOW

https://frontgate.zendesk.com/hc/en-us/requests/new

I would ask for a refund and hope they give you one. If the do not give refunds see if they will transfer the name over. Maybe you could hook up with someone here and have them have their name on it for will call pickup.  Then if travel allows I would re-buy from here or on the exchange. 

In the meantime put your tickets up on the exchange and hopefully you can get your money back. 
  • Options
    ianh42ianh42 Posts: 199
    I'd be very happy with 2 hour sets. Eddie hasn't done more than 90 minutes at the Ohana fest prior years that I can recall.  I agree with consensus here that encore weekend may have longer sets.  I am excited to hear a handful of tracks from Gigaton and think they'll spread it out with 5 or 6 each show.  Comes then Goes is the one I want to hear the most. 
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    ianh42 said:
    I'd be very happy with 2 hour sets. Eddie hasn't done more than 90 minutes at the Ohana fest prior years that I can recall.  I agree with consensus here that encore weekend may have longer sets.  I am excited to hear a handful of tracks from Gigaton and think they'll spread it out with 5 or 6 each show.  Comes then Goes is the one I want to hear the most. 
    EV 2019 was 2hrs. 7:55pm start time if I remember correctly. 

• Options
    wbutler29wbutler29 Posts: 911
    I think it was in another thread, and I apologize for the redundancy, but we determine the best airport to fly into from a proximity, ease, etc.  Thanks in advance.
  • Options
    aliciavaliciav Posts: 48
    wbutler29 said:
    I think it was in another thread, and I apologize for the redundancy, but we determine the best airport to fly into from a proximity, ease, etc.  Thanks in advance.

Hi, here are the airports by proximity:

Airports near Dana Point, CA

• Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,247
    wbutler29 said:

I think it really depends on where you're coming from and where you're staying, and if you're renting a car or planning to use Uber. John Wayne is closest and makes most sense in general, especially if you're staying in OC north of, say, San Juan Capistrano (that's most of OC, LOL).

If you're coming from New England, Alaska has a non-stop from Boston to San Diego, which I've mentioned before and which I've taken many times.

Long Beach and Ontario -- I don't know how many flights will be available through there, I've never really looked. LAX will have the most options, but depending on when you're coming in it might NOT be more convenient than San Diego. Expect to pay $$$$ if you're thinking of taking Uber/Lyft from LAX or San Diego to Dana Point (so a more expensive plane ticket to John Wayne might cost you less in the long run).

There's also the matter of traffic. San Diego County traffic should be lighter than LA, but there's really just one way (I-5) to get to OC from San Diego, and if there's an accident, yikes. Otherwise the worst traffic you'd encounter in SD going north would be rush hour from Del Mar to Carlsbad or so, in the 4-6 time frame. 
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,961
    I'm coming in to John Wayne and renting a vehicle.  Hotel booked for San Clemente Sat/Sun and then Fri/Sat....still trying to figure out what to do/where to stay Mon through Thurs.  Was thinking about hitting up Hollywood for a day, Malibu, maybe hit Joshua Tree.

Any suggestions?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,247
    That's a lot of driving.

What I keep telling people who never have been to California: it's a lot bigger than you think it is.

I suggest choosing a direction (north, south, east) -- there will be plenty to do regardless.

I'll put in a plug for San Diego, since in September it should be really nice ("locals' summer") and most tourists will be gone.

There are awesome beaches -- flat and family-friendly (Coronado) or rugged and isolated (Torrey Pines/ Blacks Beach (clothing-optional) ).

There's Balboa Park, which features the SD Zoo and a number of other museums, and there's also the Safari Park (formerly Wild Animal Park) north of town in Escondido).

It looks like the Padres are in LA that week, otherwise I'd recommend a ball game; Petco Park is great!

The Rady Shell (outdoor music venue) just opened, and it is lovely. Two concerts during that week, Bobby McFerrin and Pat Metheny: https://www.theshell.org/performances/list/ 

There also is plenty of hiking -- with a variety of elevations!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyamaca_Peak   -- and great places to eat. (There's also Legoland and Sea World, but if you are not traveling with kids I'd avoid those.)
    All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    That's a lot of driving.

What I keep telling people who never have been to California: it's a lot bigger than you think it is.

I suggest choosing a direction (north, south, east) -- there will be plenty to do regardless.

I'll put in a plug for San Diego, since in September it should be really nice ("locals' summer") and most tourists will be gone.

There are awesome beaches -- flat and family-friendly (Coronado) or rugged and isolated (Torrey Pines/ Blacks Beach (clothing-optional) ).

There's Balboa Park, which features the SD Zoo and a number of other museums, and there's also the Safari Park (formerly Wild Animal Park) north of town in Escondido).

It looks like the Padres are in LA that week, otherwise I'd recommend a ball game; Petco Park is great!

The Rady Shell (outdoor music venue) just opened, and it is lovely. Two concerts during that week, Bobby McFerrin and Pat Metheny: https://www.theshell.org/performances/list/ 

There also is plenty of hiking -- with a variety of elevations!  https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cuyamaca_Peak   -- and great places to eat. (There's also Legoland and Sea World, but if you are not traveling with kids I'd avoid those.)
    thanks...we were thinking about going to Dodger stadium one of those nights.

is Hollywood worth visiting?  Not sure what we would do other than gawk at the sign, Griffith Observatory, etc.

Would you suggest a north side visit or south?  

If south...Tijuana worth a day trip?

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    wsimon74wsimon74 Posts: 478
    That's a lot of driving.

thanks...we were thinking about going to Dodger stadium one of those nights.

is Hollywood worth visiting?  Not sure what we would do other than gawk at the sign, Griffith Observatory, etc.

Would you suggest a north side visit or south?  

If south...Tijuana worth a day trip?

If you head up Hollywood area,Universal studios might be worth a stop. if you head south,in addition to the destinations curmudgeoness mentioned, Temecula has some really nice wineries, if you're into that. Some of my other personal favorites in the San Diego area are the Sea Lions in La Jolla (the beach is called Children's Pool) and the Ballast Point Brewery in Little Italy. 
  • Options
    pjcordpjcord Posts: 75
    Just received:

Ohana Festival is 38 days away! Please see below for a message from Ohana Festival:

As we are all very excited to be together again, we want to share our new Health & Safety entry requirement for all festival attendees. Please take a minute to read and make plans for the following.

Upon entry, all attendees will be required to:

(1) Provide proof of a negative COVID-19 test.
    The test must have been taken within 72 hours of each day you are attending. 3-day ticket holders may be tested Thursday, September 23rd or Friday, September 24th for their negative result to be honored on all three festival days.
    OR
    (2) Provide proof of being fully vaccinated against COVID-19
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    pjcord said:
    Just received:

Ohana Festival is 38 days away! Please see below for a message from Ohana Festival:

As we are all very excited to be together again, we want to share our new Health & Safety entry requirement for all festival attendees. Please take a minute to read and make plans for the following.

The test must have been taken within 72 hours of each day you are attending. 3-day ticket holders may be tested Thursday, September 23rd or Friday, September 24th for their negative result to be honored on all three festival days.
    OR
    Yay, I get to take my first covid test ever, and will have to do it twice as I'm going both weekends.  Thank you Pearl Jam...unless I figure something else out.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    bjamesbjames Hart, Michigan Posts: 34
    Perhaps, you could get vaxxed? 
    L-O-I-T-E-R-I-N-G ALLOOOOOWED
  • Options
    given2fly23given2fly23 Evanston, IL Posts: 5,881
    bjames said:
    Perhaps, you could get vaxxed? 
    +1

Found: Soundgarden Hyde Park DVD (Thank you for the gift!)
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    pjcord said:
    Just received:

OR
    Yay, I get to take my first covid test ever, and will have to do it twice as I'm going both weekends.  Thank you Pearl Jam...unless I figure something else out.
    get vaxxed....why risk testing positive and not being able to go?

• Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 818
    LOL...y'all don't get it do you?  Getting your vax card doesn't mean you can't get covid and spread it, and neither does testing negative 72 to 1 hour prior...what's to say those people can't catch it walking into the event and then spread it?  Either shut down concerts forever, or start living again and either take the risk of getting sick, or don't.  Besides...some things are more important than seeing Pearl Jam live...and that is freedom of choice.  I will never be forced into getting vax'd.  Stay healthy, stay safe, but do it on YOUR terms.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    LOL...y'all don't get it do you?  Getting your vax card doesn't mean you can't get covid and spread it, and neither does testing negative 72 to 1 hour prior...what's to say those people can't catch it walking into the event and then spread it?  Either shut down concerts forever, or start living again and either take the risk of getting sick, or don't.  Besides...some things are more important than seeing Pearl Jam live...and that is freedom of choice.  I will never be forced into getting vax'd.  Stay healthy, stay safe, but do it on YOUR terms.
    Yeah, WE don’t get it 🙄
    Posters for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/117469/posters-for-sale
    T-Shirts for Sale: http://community.pearljam.com/discussion/149289/pj-t-shirt-trade-or-sale
  • Options
    nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 703
    Prevent covid?  No. 
    Reduce the risk and potential to get covid? Yes. 

Spartanacus said:

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,572
    Is this satire? I’m pretty sure if you ever attended school you were “forced into getting vax’d.” Those vaccines that have saved countless lives weren’t politicized though. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    edited August 2021

No one should be bullied or forced into the vaccine or any other medicine. You’re free to do your own research. The problem is that we’ve cultivated a society where people who want to neither do the work nor listen to the medical professionals believe that their opinion is as valid as the experts/professionals. Every opinion is not created equal. I don’t have the time to become an expert on every subject, so I listen to the experts. Hence, I’m vaxxed and ready for Ohana. 
    Post edited by given2fly23 on
  • Options
    edited August 2021
    If you are vaxxed you don't have to worry about a positive covid test whether you are positive or not.  The card gets you in...

the goal is to get in...what don't YOU get about that?

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,832
    ComeToTX said:
    Is this satire? I’m pretty sure if you ever attended school you were “forced into getting vax’d.” Those vaccines that have saved countless lives weren’t politicized though. 
    this really is the funny part in all of this. morons who shout "freeDUMB!" don't seem to recall being forced to get vaccinated to attend public school. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,542
    ComeToTX said:
    this really is the funny part in all of this. morons who shout "freeDUMB!" don't seem to recall being forced to get vaccinated to attend public school. 
    Their body their choice

Which also means they choose to exclude themselves from concerts, movies, restaurants,  employment,  family gatherings, etc etc
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,621
    I wonder how many people will vent here about their anti-vaxx/pro-freedumb stances and then go to the show anyway by following the restrictions set up to try and limit the spread of a virus which has killed hundreds of thousands of people in this country.

My guess is quite a few.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    I wonder how many people will vent here about their anti-vaxx/pro-freedumb stances and then go to the show anyway by following the restrictions set up to try and limit the spread of a virus which has killed hundreds of thousands of people in this country.

My guess is quite a few.
    yep....like the gov of TX.  Gets vaccinated, gets booster, promotes anti-mask/anti-vac message....gets covid cocktail upon testing positive

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,572

My guess is quite a few.
    yep....like the gov of TX.  Gets vaccinated, gets booster, promotes anti-mask/anti-vac message....gets covid cocktail upon testing positive
    Yep.  Fuck that piece of shit.  Can't wait to vote against him again.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,928
    Yeah, WE don’t get it 🙄
    Can't tell what he's endangering more: the well-being of anyone & everyone around him, or the English language with his abuse of ellipses...
    dot dot dot

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,928
    Back to Ohana dot dot dot
    I hope we get Again Today w/Brandi (twice!)

PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    Go Animal said:
    Yeah, WE don’t get it 🙄
    Can't tell what he's endangering more: the well-being of anyone & everyone around him, or the English language with his abuse of ellipses...
    dot dot dot

Okay...finally a reason for me to vent...people are free to use ellipses as they see fit...despite harming the sacred rules of the English language...I think that they should be allowed...the more people who use them and the more often they are used...the less of an effect it will have on society's need to react to god...damn...everything....