Options

Ohana Festival Update

Comments

• Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    Great^^^!

Good grief.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 821
    mfc2006 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:
    So it’s come to that time when it’s pretty safe to say that the US won’t be opening it’s borders by the time this festival happens.

I was so looking forward to this festival so I’m absolutely gutted.

Has anyone in the UK or EU already contacted the organisers about the chance of refunds? Wondering if given the circumstances they will kindly offer refunds.
    I wouldn't panic yet....there is a vaccine push and the wave of infection will likely start to drop soon

I think there will be a big update soon about allowing double vaxxed UK/Euro countries back into the US. 

It looks like there will be a move toward requiring foreign visitors to be vaccinated. https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-health-travel-coronavirus-pandemic-a312ebaf72844c5b75246fb10b0f2ba7?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
    No problem with this... if you aren't vaxxed and you're going to a festival it's a stupid move

Gotta wonder if by the time the shows happen if they require all guests to show vaxx or test proof like they are doing in NJ. 

I have a feeling this will happen & I am all for it.
    If it happens, I'll happily take my money back and the powers that be who decided to mandate that can kindly F off.
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    mfc2006 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:
    So it’s come to that time when it’s pretty safe to say that the US won’t be opening it’s borders by the time this festival happens.

Has anyone in the UK or EU already contacted the organisers about the chance of refunds? Wondering if given the circumstances they will kindly offer refunds.
    I wouldn't panic yet....there is a vaccine push and the wave of infection will likely start to drop soon

I think there will be a big update soon about allowing double vaxxed UK/Euro countries back into the US. 

It looks like there will be a move toward requiring foreign visitors to be vaccinated. https://apnews.com/article/lifestyle-health-travel-coronavirus-pandemic-a312ebaf72844c5b75246fb10b0f2ba7?utm_source=Twitter&utm_medium=AP&utm_campaign=SocialFlow
    No problem with this... if you aren't vaxxed and you're going to a festival it's a stupid move

Gotta wonder if by the time the shows happen if they require all guests to show vaxx or test proof like they are doing in NJ. 

If it happens, I'll happily take my money back and the powers that be who decided to mandate that can kindly F off.
    To each, their own.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    rustneversleepsrustneversleeps The Motel of Lost Companions Posts: 2,209
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

To each, their own.
    might be no doobers for Spartanacus
  • Options
    SpartanacusSpartanacus Oviedo, FL Posts: 821
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

To each, their own.
    Hopefully the doobers will still be coming my way!  :)  I have faith in Jeff and the boys that there won't be any changes to the admission policy and they'll let us adults make our own decisions regarding getting jabbed or not, wearing a mask or not, and ultimately coming to the show or not (based on how we feel about the bug and about any mandates that may or may not be in place).  Mahalo! 
    19 Pearl Jam shows and still searching for Deep!
    1998 (2) - East Lansing & Auburn Hills; 2000 (2) - Tampa & Noblesville; 2003 (2) - Lexington & Noblesville; 2006 (1) - Cincinnati; 2007 (1) - Chicago (Lollapalooza); 2008 (Ed in Milwaukee); 2009 (1) - Chicago; 2010 (1) - Noblesville; 2013 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2016 (Temple of the Dog in Los Angeles); 2017 (Ed at Ohana in Dana Point);
    2021 (3) - Dana Point I, II & III; 2022 (3) - San Diego & Los Angeles I & II; 2025 - Southern U.S. Tour Please!
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    Is this fest by Live Nation? curious when they will announce the COVID policy. It looks like most Live Nation fests are doing this. Isn't Sea.Hear Fest Live Nation? 
  • Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    Live Nation announced Friday that they will allow touring artists to choose whether to implement mandates for vaccinations and negative Covid tests for their upcoming concerts.
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Ohana is a Live Nation event.  The vax/test requirement may be a bit more complicated to sort out since the festival is held on state property.
  • Options
    MelzombieMelzombie Charleston, SC Posts: 200
    edited August 2021
    JOEJOEJOE said:
    Ohana is a Live Nation event.  The vax/test requirement may be a bit more complicated to sort out since the festival is held on state property.
    It's in Orange County, correct? 
    How strict are they compared to the other parts of California?
    and how is being on state property different than the other fests?
    I'm sure they will have this policy, but I was just curious. 

Post edited by Melzombie on
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,377
    ComeToTX said:
    Live Nation announced Friday that they will allow touring artists to choose whether to implement mandates for vaccinations and negative Covid tests for their upcoming concerts.
    If you are going to a music festival unvaxxed you are asking for trouble....tons of cases coming out of Milwaukee outdoor crowd from NBA and you'll see Lolla too. It's playing with fire if not vaxxed....GUARANTEED there will be virus being spread at Ohana, can't prevent it with that many people.
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254
    Melzombie said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Um, it depends? More conservative than the SF Bay area, less conservative than rural parts of the state. I think that while OC was historically seen as a GOP stronghold, with the 2018 or 2020 elections I think all of their congressional representatives are Democrats.

On the third hand, the "we only serve the unvaccinated" pasta restaurant is in Huntington Beach (a source of embarrassment to the rest of the region) and there seem to have been a lot of anti-maskers causing scenes in OC over the past year.  

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    mfc2006 said:
    mfc2006 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

To each, their own.
    Hopefully the doobers will still be coming my way!  :)  I have faith in Jeff and the boys that there won't be any changes to the admission policy and they'll let us adults make our own decisions regarding getting jabbed or not, wearing a mask or not, and ultimately coming to the show or not (based on how we feel about the bug and about any mandates that may or may not be in place).  Mahalo! 
    i won't judge you or shame you Spartanacus. i'll pass you my doober anytime.  
  • Options
    JOEJOEJOEJOEJOEJOE Posts: 10,436
    Melzombie said:
    JOEJOEJOE said:

Yes, OC

OC is pretty lax in their covid measures.

Events held on government property usually have more strict policies to be followed.
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 541
    I hope that between now and Ohana that a better way to prove vaccine status is created. Seems the technology should exist for such a thing that wouldn’t have any HIPAA violations that would stop the fake vaccine card carrying anti vaxxers from infecting others.
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    Windermere11Windermere11 Earth Posts: 133
    edited August 2021
    Post deleted. Please see the Posting Guidelines
    Post edited by Sea on
    Thank you Mike!!!

1990 12/22
    1991 2/1,26; 3/1; 5/25; 8/23,29
    1992 1/3,17; 7/22; 9/20
    1993 9/5; 10/25; 12/7,8,9
    1995 6/24; 11/4
    1998 7/10,11,13,14
    2000 10/22,25,28,30
    2003 6/2,3,5,6; 10/28
    2006 7/6,7,9,10,12,13; 11/30; 12/2,9
    2009 9/30; 10/1,6,7,9
    2010 5/1
    2013 11/21,23,24
    2014 10/25
    2016 11/14
    2018 8/8,10
    2021 9/26; 10/1,2
    2022 5/3,6,7
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    mfc2006 said:
    PJNB said:
    matt84 said:

LOL
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    ComeToTX said:
    If you are going to a music festival unvaxxed you are asking for trouble....tons of cases coming out of Milwaukee outdoor crowd from NBA and you'll see Lolla too. It's playing with fire if not vaxxed....GUARANTEED there will be virus being spread at Ohana, can't prevent it with that many people.
    agreed...the ignorance is just mind blowing
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    curmudgeonesscurmudgeoness Brigadoon, foodie capital Posts: 3,254
    rival9500 said:
    I hope that between now and Ohana that a better way to prove vaccine status is created. Seems the technology should exist for such a thing that wouldn’t have any HIPAA violations that would stop the fake vaccine card carrying anti vaxxers from infecting others.

Californians now have access to a digital health record/ QR code from the state health dept. There are other apps available. This was published the other day: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/07/31/covid-vaccine-card-phone/

<<The term vaccine passport may be out of fashion, but you still might have more digital options than you realize. Now states including California, Colorado, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York and Utah offer portals or apps to download fully authenticated vaccination information, and more are on the way. And millions across the United States have access to digital records directly from Walmart, CVS, Walgreens and others.>>

<<

Download an official digital health record

Pros: It’s 100 percent verified and can help if you’ve lost your physical CDC card.

Cons: Every state and provider does it differently, and setup can be complicated.

Most states and health-care providers have databases of who has received the vaccine. Increasingly they’re opening them up to citizens so they can download a digital record — a.k.a. one that can’t be easily faked.

These records can take the form of a link to your pharmacy’s website or a QR code you download. California helped lead the way by introducing digital health records in June, and now they’re available from at least six states (and counting) as well as at Walmart, CVS and Walgreens and health-care providers using medical records from Epic and Cerner.>>

All those who seek to destroy the liberties of a democratic nation ought to know that war is the surest and shortest means to accomplish it.
  • Options
    rival9500rival9500 Posts: 541
    rival9500 said:

Californians now have access to a digital health record/ QR code from the state health dept. There are other apps available. This was published the other day: https://www.washingtonpost.com/technology/2021/07/31/covid-vaccine-card-phone/

<<The term vaccine passport may be out of fashion, but you still might have more digital options than you realize. Now states including California, Colorado, Louisiana, New Jersey, New York and Utah offer portals or apps to download fully authenticated vaccination information, and more are on the way. And millions across the United States have access to digital records directly from Walmart, CVS, Walgreens and others.>>

<<

Download an official digital health record

Pros: It’s 100 percent verified and can help if you’ve lost your physical CDC card.

Cons: Every state and provider does it differently, and setup can be complicated.

Most states and health-care providers have databases of who has received the vaccine. Increasingly they’re opening them up to citizens so they can download a digital record — a.k.a. one that can’t be easily faked.

These records can take the form of a link to your pharmacy’s website or a QR code you download. California helped lead the way by introducing digital health records in June, and now they’re available from at least six states (and counting) as well as at Walmart, CVS and Walgreens and health-care providers using medical records from Epic and Cerner.>>

Ok that’s what I’m talking about.  Thanks for posting that!
    1998: Pitt
    2000: Pitt
    2003: Pitt, State College, Columbus,DC, Hershey
    2004: Reading, Toledo, DC
    2005: Pitt
    2006: Cleve, Camden 1+2, DC, Pitt, Cinci
    2008: Camden 1+2, DC
    2009: Philly 3
    2010: Columbus
    2012: Philly
    2013: Pitt, NYC 1+2
  • Options
    SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,924
    1. Be nice. We're very big on RESPECT here. Respect for each other, the band and the Ten Club Community forum environment. Please think of it as if you are as a guest in someone else's home. Please do not put your posting privileges at risk.

2. Discuss, disagree and debate politely. It's possible to disagree with people without being abusive, and it's a requirement here.
    Please see the Posting Guidelines.

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    Now that we know SHN set is 2hrs long do people expect the same for Ohana? 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Less than 2. No way they come out at 830. 
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,760
    PJNB said:
    You think their Ohana set will be less than 2hrs? EV last set was 2hrs. I am hoping for 2hrs 30 mins for all 3. 10pm curfew is killer. 
  • Options
    Go AnimalGo Animal Posts: 3,932
    edited August 2021

I mean, I don't ask for much...
    Anywho, I'm willing to volunteer at Ohana at this point to check vax cards. Just give me food & beer, and a decent spot to watch the boys.
    Post edited by Sea on
    PJ - 09/23/98: West Palm Beach II, 08/12/00: Tampa, 04/12/03: Orlando, 04/13/03: Tampa, 06/12/08: Tampa, 06/27/08: Hartford, 09/22/09: Seattle II, 04/11/16: Tampa, 05/01 & 05/02/16: MSG I & II, 09/18/21: Sea Hear Now, 10/01 & 10/02/21: Ohana Encore I & II, 05/06 & 05/07/22: Los Angeles I & II, 09/11/22: MSG, 09/16/22: Nashville, 09/02/23: St. Paul II, 09/07/23: Chicago II, 09/18 & 09/19/23: Austin I & II

EV - 08/04 & 08/05/08: (Eddie solo, w/Liam Finn) NYC I & II, 11/27 & 11/28/12: (Eddie solo, w/Glen Hansard) Orlando I & II, 02/09 & 02/10/22: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Chicago I & II, 09/30/23: (Eddie & the Earthlings) Ohana Festival

Song Wishlist: Oceans, Brother, Alone, Let Me Sleep, full W.M.A., Hold On, all of Vitalogy or Satan's Bed, Gremmie Out Of Control, Mankind, Around The Bend (full band), Don't Gimme No Lip, Pilate, Push Me Pull Me, All Those Yesterdays, Rival, Parting Ways (full band), You Are, Bu$hleaguer, Inside Job, low octave Driftin', Strangest Tribe, Other Side, Undone, Of The Earth, Love Reign O'er Me, Comfortably Numb, and the Mamasan Trilogy.

Wanted Posters: WPB '98, Tampa/WPB '00, Tampa '03, EV Batmobile '08        ISO: any picks, or setlists from any of my shows!

• Options
    ComeToTXComeToTX Austin Posts: 7,575
    Yeah, 2 hours minimum. 
    This show, another show, a show here and a show there.
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    You think their Ohana set will be less than 2hrs? EV last set was 2hrs. I am hoping for 2hrs 30 mins for all 3. 10pm curfew is killer. 
    my guess is standard 2 hour slot weekend 1,  2.5-3 hr slots weekend 2. 
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,377
    Ohana has been famously on-time every year.....and 2 hours will be plenty....and we're glad to have it.
  • Options
    Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,479
    Unless Rodman is in the house, then they sometimes come out late and we get shorter set ;)
  • Options
    chittychitty Posts: 577
    Hoping somehow for 2.5 hour set for this weekend, but odds are it is 2 hours. Even though I like Gigaton alot, I hope for this show only they don't play a ton of it. 4-5 songs.
    Anyways, if I get to cross the border and be there I will be so excited for anything it won't matter.
  • Options
    matt84matt84 Posts: 598
    Anyone heard anything regarding refunds given the travel ban? I can’t be the only one who was hoping to attend from the UK. Hoping they will offer refunds given the circumstances. Emailed a while ago now but heard nothing.