The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    hedonist said:
    Clicked that video hoping it was Jeff Garland talking about Curb. 

Edit: Now I've watched the video. Ugh...seems like a total hack. 
    A hack indeed. 
    I once tried to watch one of his specials on Netflix and didn't last five minutes. 
    I don’t watch his stand up...not my thing.

Guess I’m not a fan of pick-and-choose pieces as was posted. I find them juvenile and attempting to sway or give a “gotcha!” moment...no matter who the piece is on. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

A hack indeed. 
    I once tried to watch one of his specials on Netflix and didn't last five minutes. 

Guess I’m not a fan of pick-and-choose pieces as was posted. I find them juvenile and attempting to sway or give a “gotcha!” moment...no matter who the piece is on. 
    I know what you're saying, but I've watched all of specials. this particular representation is fairly accurate, even with the splicing. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    hedonist said:
    hedonist said:

A hack indeed. 

Here is something picked and chosen:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Kinda sounds like he’s talking about Jones in the sense of what he’s spoken of with him (stupid microchips and all), and Spotify letting everything fly.

I’m not bent out of shape over the minute-long clip you posted, though ;)
    https://youtu.be/ZTJSUR1lbiI

i was interested in this because it's Joe being interviewed. The one thing that bugged me about this is, I just wish he'd get interviewed by someone who isn't a big fan just patting his ego. Sagaar is obviously a fan and gushes a bit too much. 

Joe does come off as a generally nice guy who just tries to be a good person. It's 75 minutes, and it's not riveting viewing, but it gives decent insight into how he thinks. 

he also turned down interviewing Trump twice at the White House. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Scientist who has worked for two decades on vital transmission and vaccination says that Rogan is completely misrepresenting his work when he took a line out of context from a research paper to argue against vaccination.

Thanks yet again, Rogan, for being an ass and talking about things you know nothing about. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    haha I get back to the city after a weekend of no cell service and I see Rogan trending again. I just wondered what idiotic thing he said this time. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I understand he’s persona non grata round these parts, but wanted to share this article re Rogan and Spotify. Follow the money!

(sorry for the link only; phone won’t let me copy/paste)

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/newsletters/2021-05-02/when-joe-rogan-offends-you-spotify-profits-from-it
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    So, the idiot got covid and took some horse dewormer. 
  • PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473
    edited September 2021
    dignin said:
    So, the idiot got covid and took some horse dewormer. 

Lol. I didn't know he took the animal meds - really? I just read he went to Florida to be all welcoming to his antivax friends and of course brought home their #1 export: a big juicy covid infection.
    If he took those meds, I actually hope he gets really really sick. Otherwise, he might take it as a reason to spew about how the animal meds helped to keep him from getting really really sick.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    https://variety.com/2021/digital/news/joe-rogan-covid-1235054176/

he says he was only sick for a day or so. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,473

Dammit
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
    PJ_Soul said:

Dammit
    he didn't only take ivermectin. he was also on monoclonal antibodies, a vitamin c drip, and a bunch of other things. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    PJ_Soul said:

Dammit
    he didn't only take ivermectin. he was also on monoclonal antibodies, a vitamin c drip, and a bunch of other things. 
    Why though would he need all of that? His message was that healthy people do not need the vaccine correct? Why would he need 6 figures worth of treatment I wonder when he is advising his normal healthy listeners that there is nothing to worry about?
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dammit
    Why though would he need all of that? His message was that healthy people do not need the vaccine correct? Why would he need 6 figures worth of treatment I wonder when he is advising his normal healthy listeners that there is nothing to worry about?
    I don't know. but what really burns my ass is all of this "look at the platform he has, and how irresponsible it is of him to tell everyone he took this". um, every single article I came across ONLY MENTIONED IVERMECTIN. none of the other drugs he took. who is being irresponsible here? the guy telling the truth, or the clickbait fucking articles of the MSM that know half the people read the headline and not the article. 

look, I think he's an idiot and highly irresponsible a lot of the time, but let's call it like it is: the MSM needs their feet held to the fucking fire. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dammit
    It’s as if he has no fucking clue what he’s talking about. 

Weird, I know. 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dammit
    I don't know. but what really burns my ass is all of this "look at the platform he has, and how irresponsible it is of him to tell everyone he took this". um, every single article I came across ONLY MENTIONED IVERMECTIN. none of the other drugs he took. who is being irresponsible here? the guy telling the truth, or the clickbait fucking articles of the MSM that know half the people read the headline and not the article. 

look, I think he's an idiot and highly irresponsible a lot of the time, but let's call it like it is: the MSM needs their feet held to the fucking fire. 
    Really? That's what you take from this? Mainstream media isn't the bad guy here.
    dignin said:
    PJNB said:
    PJ_Soul said:

Dammit

Really? That's what you take from this? Mainstream media isn't the bad guy here.
    read it again. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    so rogan has to be vaxxed.   has msg show that now requires vax for admission. is offering refunds but to my knowledge has not canceled the show
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    mickeyrat said:
    so rogan has to be vaxxed.   has msg show that now requires vax for admission. is offering refunds but to my knowledge has not canceled the show
    A little off topic but it is interesting to see the NBA is barring unvaxxed players from playing at venues that require it. 
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    it was just a matter of time.

he took a bunch of meds not even indicated for this viral infection, including prednisone, or z pack, (i can't remember what i read earlier), but those are corticosteroids which can potentially weaken the immune system. unwise if he is unvaxed with delta variant.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    Joe Rogan is a moron

If you get your medical advice from Joe Rogan, you are a moron
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
  • CM189191 said:
    Joe Rogan is a moron

Sorry... felt the need to edit. 
  • CM189191 said:
    Joe Rogan is a moron

Nailed it. How a stand up comedian and podcaster becomes an authority on anything except bad jokes and filling time with talk about whatever drifts into his mind is beyond me. 
    CM189191 said:
    Joe Rogan is a moron

Nailed it. How a stand up comedian and podcaster becomes an authority on anything except bad jokes and filling time with talk about whatever drifts into his mind is beyond me. 
    People listening to celebrities isn't new. hell, how many people listen to Ed's ramblings about politics? and how many of those people agree with Ed because he's Ed?

Rogan seems to have been able to cross the line between just 'regular dumb celebrity' because he does host a lot of intellectuals on his show, and he seems to have a good grasp on many of the subjects they talk about, so I think that gives him credence to his viewers that if he can hold his own with an intellectual, then maybe he does know what he's talking about with public health. 

of course, i think that just shows he's got a really good producer who knows how to research and prepare rogan for each guest. But I could see how it could be convincing to an average stoner. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

CM189191 said:
    Joe Rogan is a moron

People listening to celebrities isn't new. hell, how many people listen to Ed's ramblings about politics? and how many of those people agree with Ed because he's Ed?

Rogan seems to have been able to cross the line between just 'regular dumb celebrity' because he does host a lot of intellectuals on his show, and he seems to have a good grasp on many of the subjects they talk about, so I think that gives him credence to his viewers that if he can hold his own with an intellectual, then maybe he does know what he's talking about with public health. 

of course, i think that just shows he's got a really good producer who knows how to research and prepare rogan for each guest. But I could see how it could be convincing to an average stoner. 

when called out though he claims "I'm just an idiot dumb comedian. you shouldnt listen to me"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • CM189191 said:
    Joe Rogan is a moron

If that is his typical audience, then yeah it makes sense. I am one of those weird people who do not let celebrities do my thinking for me. Yes, even Ed.  =)
  • CM189191CM189191 Minneapolis via Chicago Posts: 6,786
    CM189191 said:
    Joe Rogan is a moron

'comedian'

Whatever happened to The Man Show co-host: Doug Stanhope?

Now that guy was goddamn funny.  Crude af, but hilarious.  
    WI 6/27/98 WI 10/8/00 MO 10/11/00 IL 4/23/03 MN 6/26/06 MN 6/27/06 WI 6/30/06 IL 8/5/07 IL 8/21/08 (EV) IL 8/22/08 (EV) IL 8/23/09 IL 8/24/09 IN 5/7/10 IL 6/28/11 (EV) IL 6/29/11 (EV) WI 9/3/11 WI 9/4/11 IL 7/19/13 NE 10/09/14 IL 10/17/14 MN 10/19/14 FL 4/11/16 IL 8/20/16 IL 8/22/16 IL 08/18/18 IL 08/20/18 IT 07/05/2020 AT 07/07/2020
    CM189191 said:
    CM189191 said:
    Joe Rogan is a moron

'comedian'

Whatever happened to The Man Show co-host: Doug Stanhope?

Now that guy was goddamn funny.  Crude af, but hilarious.  

still tours , based in southern arizona. real close to the border from what I recall.