NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• I'm probably just gonna keep watching A Star is Born just because I love that film and who knew Bradley Cooper could look so beautiful. I have no idea why he doesnt choose that look all the time, it really suits him the cowboy look and it's nice for the ladies. 
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    I highly recommend The Serpent.....very good show
    Second. Finished this up last night. I like that it was a limited series, much like The Queen's Gambit. Tell the story, simply and eloquently, without need to capitalize on the popularity and needlessly draw out the story. 
    I'm probably just gonna keep watching A Star is Born just because I love that film and who knew Bradley Cooper could look so beautiful. I have no idea why he doesnt choose that look all the time, it really suits him the cowboy look and it's nice for the ladies. 
    Hey ladies? :grin:
  • Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Is it just me or has Netflix been pretty bad lately? Like, borders on me cancelling bad?
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Hobbes said:
    I'm probably just gonna keep watching A Star is Born just because I love that film and who knew Bradley Cooper could look so beautiful. I have no idea why he doesnt choose that look all the time, it really suits him the cowboy look and it's nice for the ladies. 
    Hey ladies? :grin:
    Not this one!

Then again, I ain’t no lady ;)
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Is it just me or has Netflix been pretty bad lately? Like, borders on me cancelling bad?
    Yup.  I’m on the fence about cancelling as well.  Disney plus blows Netflix away…
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    How's the Son of Sam documentary? I haven't been on Netflix in a few weeks because I've watching the entire Office series on Peacock (just started season 5). But Netflix is usually good with it's murderer documentaries (that was a weird sentence to type). 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Looks like there are a number of series I am interested to check out.  Have been reading more than watching, lately, and when watching I have been on Peacock and Hulu more frequently. 
    Bummed that The Last Kingdom was cancelled...the next season they release will be the last.  One of my favorite Netflix shows.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
    Yup.  I’m on the fence about cancelling as well.  Disney plus blows Netflix away…
    Just seems like outside of their docs catalog there's been nothing new worth watching and/or seems halfway decent; no new original content that isn't terrible. Certainly not worth me continuing to pay ~$19/month. It's an overload of streaming services now - if I have it right we currently have Prime Video, Netflix, Disney+, Hulu, YoutubeTV, HBO Max, Showtime.  Prime Video and Disney+ I can justify having no matter what (Prime for Prime's sake, and Disney+ we're not paying for knock on wood). But like at some point someone's gotta go.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I was searching for something to relax to late last night and I just defaulted back to The Office once I gave up on anything else. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    Not much new lately from them.  But there will be new seasons of Ozark, Narcos, F is for Family and After Life coming in the future which are all automatic watches for me.  My wife and I have been watching The Crown recently.....I am surprisingly really enjoying it.  And then there's all the kids stuff on there.  I'd pay $50 a month for the temporary peace and quiet that Netflix kids can provide at times.

Based on your list above, I'd get rid of Hulu.  I do have it as part of the Disney/ESPN+/Hulu bundle but rarely watch it.  Besides The Handmaid's Tale, there isn't really much on there.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    Not much new lately from them.  But there will be new seasons of Ozark, Narcos, F is for Family and After Life coming in the future which are all automatic watches for me.  My wife and I have been watching The Crown recently.....I am surprisingly really enjoying it.  And then there's all the kids stuff on there.  I'd pay $50 a month for the temporary peace and quiet that Netflix kids can provide at times.

Based on your list above, I'd get rid of Hulu.  I do have it as part of the Disney/ESPN+/Hulu bundle but rarely watch it.  Besides The Handmaid's Tale, there isn't really much on there.

Letterkenny called and they are upset with you!
    (Show is awesome.)

After Life and Narcos are good shit, can't wait for them. Ya know what, I stand corrected re: Netflix Kids - one loves Spirit and the other Thomas the Train. Though, Bubble Guppies on Prime gives them a run and of course Disney+ (depending). 

Ya see, I don't mind Hulu because of the deep catalog of endless old shows I can go back to for just $60 for the year.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I bet the pandemic still has a lot to do with not much new programming, other than docs. But I was thinking the same thing recently. I find myself going to HBO Max more than anything else. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Johnny AbruzzoJohnny Abruzzo Philly Posts: 10,315
    I bet the pandemic still has a lot to do with not much new programming, other than docs. But I was thinking the same thing recently. I find myself going to HBO Max more than anything else. 
    I saw The Fresh Prince is on HBO Max?!?!? I was trying to get my son into it and he was like whatever.

Now and then I go back and watch the next episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I really want to like the show, but it's a struggle. Makes me laugh every once in a while.

Has anyone done Peacock? Is it useful for watching extended The Office episodes?
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
    I watched the Mr Mercedes three seasons on there and enjoyed....read the books.
    Also....have your Parks & Rec'd yet?
    Community?
    Those are both on there, I think?

Also ...Yellowstone.
    Community?

Haven't seen Community. Parks and Rec, yes of course - top notch!
    Spectrum 10/27/09; New Orleans JazzFest 5/1/10; Made in America 9/2/12; WF Center 10/21/13;
    WF Center 10/22/13; Baltimore Arena 10/27/13; WF Center 4/28/16; WF Center 4/29/16;
    Fenway Park 8/7/16; Fenway Park 9/2/18; SeaHearNow Asbury Park 9/18/21; Camden 9/14/22

Tres Mtns - TLA 3/23/11; EV - Tower Theatre 6/25/11; Temple of the Dog - Tower Theatre 11/5/16
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Community?

Annie's Boobs. Top notch!
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,723
    I saw The Fresh Prince is on HBO Max?!?!? I was trying to get my son into it and he was like whatever.

Now and then I go back and watch the next episode of Unbreakable Kimmy Schmidt. I really want to like the show, but it's a struggle. Makes me laugh every once in a while.

Has anyone done Peacock? Is it useful for watching extended The Office episodes?
    If you want to watch The Office on Peacock, you gotta do the commercial free subscription.  I recently realized I get the ad supported version of Peacock since I have Comcast cable and trying to watch an episode of The Office with commercials was painful.  I will definitely upgrade to the premium version for $5 per month when I inevitably do my 9th rewatch

If you want to watch The Office on Peacock, you gotta do the commercial free subscription.  I recently realized I get the ad supported version of Peacock since I have Comcast cable and trying to watch an episode of The Office with commercials was painful.  I will definitely upgrade to the premium version for $5 per month when I inevitably do my 9th rewatch
    Ugh of course.

I do have so much choice of content between cable and all these streaming services, all for only like $800 a month.

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    Youtubetv, dvr the entire Office catalogue and fast forward through the commercials at lightning speed. What the hell else is worth watching on peacock?
    chinese-happy.jpg
    dankind said:
    Community?

Annie's Boobs. Top notch!
    So nice.
    Youtubetv, dvr the entire Office catalogue and fast forward through the commercials at lightning speed. What the hell else is worth watching on peacock?
    Just intrigued by the extended episodes with deleted scenes inserted, but that ain't worth $5 a month.

• eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    WWE network (sorry i'll see myself out of this conversation :tongue: )

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937

After Life and Narcos are good shit, can't wait for them. Ya know what, I stand corrected re: Netflix Kids - one loves Spirit and the other Thomas the Train. Though, Bubble Guppies on Prime gives them a run and of course Disney+ (depending). 

Ya see, I don't mind Hulu because of the deep catalog of endless old shows I can go back to for just $60 for the year.
    After Life was excellent.  I was impressed.  Hilarious and sad.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Also ...Yellowstone.
    Headstones lead singer Hugh Dillon:

Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

The Crown might be the next show we watch. Need a break from the cartel (Ozark, Narcos, Breaking Bad). 

Speaking of Narcos (loved it!), is Narcos: Mexico worth the watch?
  • elvistheking44elvistheking44 Posts: 4,204

Letterkenny called and they are upset with you!
    (Show is awesome.)
    Can confirm.
    Hobbes said:

The Crown might be the next show we watch. Need a break from the cartel (Ozark, Narcos, Breaking Bad). 

Speaking of Narcos (loved it!), is Narcos: Mexico worth the watch?
    No season of Narcos has been a disappointment