Options

NETFLIX STREAMING FINDS

Comments

• Options
    Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,787
    Sweet. Black Mirror is back, baby.
    So far have only done the first two - ep. 1, Joan is Awful, was meh/OK; ep. 2, Loch Henry, was good. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,509
    So far have only done the first two - ep. 1, Joan is Awful, was meh/OK; ep. 2, Loch Henry, was good. 
    Saw the episode no 4.. garbage IMO..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    23scidoo said:
    Good to know - watching ep. 3 tonight, when I get there I'll see if I agree. Overall, seems like the season is getting a mixed bag of reviews. I can see how this is the kind of show that could run out of steam (ie Brooker is trying to add in more comedy, which I think would be fine in small amounts).
  • Options
    PJ_SoulPJ_Soul Vancouver, BC Posts: 49,544
    I liked all of the new Black Mirror episodes.
    With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,969
    Fatal Attraction on Paramount+ is really good
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    23scidoo said:
    Good to know - watching ep. 3 tonight, when I get there I'll see if I agree. Overall, seems like the season is getting a mixed bag of reviews. I can see how this is the kind of show that could run out of steam (ie Brooker is trying to add in more comedy, which I think would be fine in small amounts).
    Reporting back - ep. 3 was OK. Seemed like a waste of a great cast. Bummer, but I'm kinda underwhelmed so far with this season, which I guess was going to be expected at some point here. So far I'd rank (from 1-3) that Loch Henry was the best, then ep. 3, then ep. 1. Hopefully 4 and/or 5 stick out.
  • Options
    It really us- loving it. Joshua Jackson is an underrated actor (he was even good on Dawson's Creek, lol).

With all its sham, drudgery, and broken dreams, it is still a beautiful world. Be careful. Strive to be happy. ~ Desiderata
  • Options
    edited June 2023
    Muscles and Mayhem: An Unauthorized Story of American Gladiators is a fucking awesome limited series documentary - just pure entertainment IMO, although it's probably at its best when you watch it a bit drunk. 😂 I actually didn't even know what the show really was until watching this - I didn't realize it was regulars vs public entrants. I was fully aware of it at the time, but thought it was so stupid, and never really watched it.... I still think it is so stupid, but interesting to see it from the perspective ofnthe Gladiators.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    This Seinfeld show is pretty good. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    It really us- loving it. Joshua Jackson is an underrated actor (he was even good on Dawson's Creek, lol).

I didn't even remember him being on Dawson's....crazy

I thought he was great in The Affair...if you haven't seen that on Showtime it's very good.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    PJ_Soul said:

He was great in Fringe with Anna Torv. He also spent some time in Montauk beach heaven filming The Affair.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,117
    PJ_Soul said:

I didn't even remember him being on Dawson's....crazy

I thought he was great in The Affair...if you haven't seen that on Showtime it's very good.

Lunch at the Lobster Roll has never been the same for me since the affair

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,891
    Wham! This looks like it could be a decent documentary.

good documentary I thought.

bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    edited August 2023
    Another couple of the Untold docs have dropped. I love these! I watched the Jake Paul one last night. Holy shit, what a story! I only vaguely remembered him from when he did that disastrous, horrible video about the suicide victim, and he got dragged badly for it in the media (rightly so - I only remember because I was disgusted). But wow, what a crazy transformation he's made, and what a wild impact he seems to be making in the boxing world. Mike Tyson is clearly a real fan, and I'm not surprised, lol. I think this Jake Paul seems like some kind of genius. I can't help but admire him. 
    The other new Untold is about Johnny Football (Manziel). I don't follow football - I recognized his name, but that's it. That is just a fucking sad story. What a total waste of an opportunity.
    Post edited by PJ_Soul on
  • Options
    PJ_Soul said:
    Another couple of the Untold docs have dropped. I love these! I watched the Jake Paul one last night. Holy shit, what a story! I only vaguely remembered him from when he did that disastrous, horrible video about the suicide victim, and he got dragged badly for it in the media (rightly so - I only remember because I was disgusted). But wow, what a crazy transformation he's made, and what a wild impact he seems to be making in the boxing world. Mike Tyson is clearly a real fan, and I'm not surprised, lol. I think this Jake Paul seems like some kind of genius. I can't help but admire him. 
    The other new Untold is about Johnny Football (Manziel). I don't follow football - I recognized his name, but that's it. That is just a fucking sad story. What a total waste of an opportunity.
    I caught the Manziel doc last night. Very good...I couldn't remember what happened to him but the story is sad for sure.

• Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,298
    Painkillers---Very said, very depressing. Worthy watching. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    Indifference71Indifference71 Chicago Posts: 14,747
    That looks really good but I don't know if I could handle watching another show about the scumbag Sackler family.  Already watch Dopesick on Hulu and it was infuriating.  
  • Options
    On AMC+,or if you have YouTube TV or another cable equivalent:  Dark Winds.

Good shit.
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,920
    On AMC+,or if you have YouTube TV or another cable equivalent:  Dark Winds.

Good shit.
    I’m very much enjoying it as well.  Also watching Black Snow.  Really enjoying it as well.
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Agreed on this. Just finished watching. Fvck the sackler’s, Purdue pharmacy and anyone who had a hand in oxycontin
  • Options
    Agreed on this. Just finished watching. Fvck the sackler’s, Purdue pharmacy and anyone who had a hand in oxycontin
    Having survived a situation (as a family member) like this…..the stepson deserves an Emmy….his gut wrenching portrayal is spot on.  It flips your world upside down and even if god answers your prayers and things get better, it never goes away.  
  • Options
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    same...we just finished it

Amazing story. Money will win every time.

• Options
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,833
    edited September 2023
    watched 3 episodes of Painkillers last night. I don't know. Seems a bit strange to me. First off, the sound editing drives me NUTS. I was literally holding my ears through a few scenes where they are blasting the soundtrack but at a strange level. most times when that happens,  you aren't supposed to be able to hear the dialogue. But they left the dialogue up just enough so the blaring music and the dialogue were competing. It was annoying AF. (and I've literally never once been triggered by sound on a show or movie before). 

Maybe they were trying to mimic what an addict goes through in withdrawal with noises and such? I don't know. the first scene where broderick was trying to get the smoke alarm down, my daughter walks by and says "can you shut that off???". LOL

I know they say "some scenes are designed for dramatic effect" but holy crap do they take liberties. The basic premise is flawed. a law firm who managed to depose the head of the company, has to bring in a US attorney to tell them the ENTIRE BACKSTORY OF WHAT THEY DEPOSED HIM FOR? that's horrendously unrealistic. they'd obviously know most of this information already. 

on a side note: I could see this show giving more traction to the anti-science crowd with all the "FDA is trash" undertones. 
    Post edited by HughFreakingDillon on
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Finally a good show after long time..

https://youtu.be/nOuMvrHdgiE?si=gF_1mmhP0s5l5eu6
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,789
    Count me In 

nice documentary for any drummers out there 
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,014
    23scidoo said:

I can't do dubbed shows anymore on Netflix. 
  • Options
    "Scouts Honor" was interesting. Apparently, and not surprisingly, the Boy Scouts had sexual abuse incidents that rival the Catholic Church's. 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLGc7Edu3Cg&pp=ygUMc2NvdXRzIGhvbm9y
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Options
    mace1229 said:
    23scidoo said:

I can't do dubbed shows anymore on Netflix. 

So switch it to subtitles. You are never forced to listen to dubbing.