Options

A safe place for anxiety sufferers to share.

Comments

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Wishing you well as always, Rob. 
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,869
    Thank you all my friends 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    I've found this really helpful - 10 min meditation for stress 
    https://youtu.be/z6X5oEIg6Ak
  • Options
    FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,907
    Sending love and light to all in this thread who need it, especially you Rob.  @lastexitlondon
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • Options
    Ive nothing else to try. Nowhere else to go.
    Alone in myself.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    @lastexitlondon

I'm here if you want to talk Rob.

If you want to talk to someone closer to home via telephone or chat:

https://www.samaritans.org/how-we-can-help/contact-samaritan/
  • Options
    I Just  dont have anything  left. Im in such a poor state . I need a way out.  I dont want to moan and expose myself on a public forum. I have said so much and been open but i just have come to a point where im clinging on to my kids in my head . I want this to stop so much
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    edited May 2021
    Im making  judgement and decisions  i cant trust anymore. Im now having  symptoms  i cant know are me-anxiety or vaccine. Or illness. I just want it all to stop. Facing this  sober makes me feel like i want out
    Post edited by lastexitlondon on
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited May 2021
    Rob I'm sure there are people/organisationa out there that can help you. It sounds like you are suffering a lot very intensely, most moments of the day which sounds really unpleasant. It also sounds like you dont have much control about how you feel which also cant feel good. It sounds like there are physical and psychological elements to your pain. I can recommend someone for you to speak to but it sounds like you need support with the physical side of what you are going through too.
    I wouldnt worry to much about what you have shared on here as people want to help give support. If it helps you that is the main thing. Please don't feel ashamed, particularly if it helps.  I often find writing things down helps to process it. It's difficult to know what to advise as I'm not medically trained. At some point I usually try to read up on what's going on, to understand it in context.  I'm going through some shit right now so I'm having to research what's going on and it is all there in black and white which is empowering.

Mental health, suffering, pain, it's all worth fighting for. I hate to see anyone suffer, and I'd hate to think I've caused that to anyone even unintentionally. You can PM me anytime and I'd be happy to listen or on here you can recieve more support from lots of people. It's good to not feel alone whatever you are going through.  Misery loves company etc.. please stay strong, things will improve, you'll get through this. My thoughts and prayers are with you.

You have a beautiful baby girl who is adorable, not everyone has that, you are very lucky. Kids/animals usually pick up on vibes. You should see how many times a day my dog wants to take me for a walk! X

Post edited by West Coast Dreamgirl on
  • Options
    Great thoughts and advice WCD.  I, too, feel your pain and desperation Rob.  I wish more than anything that I could wave a magic wand and make things better for you. Please know that we are sending our thoughts your way 💕💕💕
  • Options
    I appreciate your  words  thank you 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,682
    Going to the dentist... the horror.  Dentistry in the dark ages of the 1950 was a horrible experience for million of us baby boomers, so whenever I go for a cleaning or check up, I'm always nervous.  Even a simple cleaning is nerve wracking.  I go, and hope and pray to the Teeth Gods that nothing bad will come of it.  Yesterday, I got my teeth cleaned and xrayed (great!  More radiation!), and was informed I need three fillings.  On top of that, my regular dentist sold his practice and moved, so now I have this new guy who will be applying the torture inside my mouth.  Oh goodie... more anxiety.  :-( 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    Haven’t had a cavity since I quit drinking.
  • Options
    Blimey @brianlux
  • Options
    Blimey @brianlux
    Very english 
     Haha
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Blimey @brianlux

Blimey @brianlux
    Very english 
     Haha

"Blimey!" I love that word!  It must be that 1/4 English side of me coming out!

So anyway, back to me complaining... :lol:    ...  This afternoon, my hip joint went out worse than it ever has.  I tried walking it off this afternoon.  Now all I can do is limp and tomorrow is supposed to be our hiking day. 
    Well, but here's the thing- the body is a wonderful thing.  When you have one thing bothering you (in this case my teeth), the body whacks out something else (in this case hip) to get your mind off the other problem.  Pure genius!

Meanwhile, time to load up on Ibuprofen, :tongue:
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Options
    West Coast DreamgirlWest Coast Dreamgirl Posts: 1,819
    edited May 2021
    Isn't it always the way.... I hope your Ibruprofen works. Sometimes life keeps throwing things at you. I'm sure it's designed to make you stronger, so one day nothing affects you! Xxx 
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Blimey @brianlux

Blimey @brianlux
    Very english 
     Haha

So anyway, back to me complaining... :lol:    ...  This afternoon, my hip joint went out worse than it ever has.  I tried walking it off this afternoon.  Now all I can do is limp and tomorrow is supposed to be our hiking day. 
    Well, but here's the thing- the body is a wonderful thing.  When you have one thing bothering you (in this case my teeth), the body whacks out something else (in this case hip) to get your mind off the other problem.  Pure genius!

I call that the hierarchy of pain.  I so full of areas that are chronically in pain, that I’m not even aware how bad it is until someone touches me there.  It’s soooo much fun.
  • Options
    brianlux said:
    Blimey @brianlux

Blimey @brianlux
    Very english 
     Haha

I call that the hierarchy of pain.  I so full of areas that are chronically in pain, that I’m not even aware how bad it is until someone touches me there.  It’s soooo much fun.
    Yup. We (and others here) get to live with that extra bit of fun! Especially when a certain ever-growing kitten decides to walk all over my torso’s organs 👿
  • Options
    Isn't it always the way.... I hope your Ibruprofen works. Sometimes life keeps throwing things at you. I'm sure it's designed to make you stronger, so one day nothing affects you! Xxx 
    Thanks for good thoughts. :smile:  Ibuprofen almost never lets me down but this time, 600 mg didn't touch the pain.  Almost no sleep last night, unrelenting stabbing pain in the hip.  Saw my GP this morning and he sent me to radiology for xrays.  I'm guessing its a pinched nerve but I guess you can't be too careful!
    brianlux said:
    Blimey @brianlux

Blimey @brianlux
    Very english 
     Haha

I''m sorry to hear that!  Chronic pain is a real challenge.  I hope you have times of relief, or at least lessening of the pain.
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    Blimey @brianlux

Blimey @brianlux
    Very english 
     Haha

Yup. We (and others here) get to live with that extra bit of fun! Especially when a certain ever-growing kitten decides to walk all over my torso’s organs 👿

Oh boy, you said it, I get it!  Gotta love them kitties, despite the ouch but that does sounds rather uncomfortable!
    Dear sweet Annie jumped up in my lap a little while ago and I looked at her and said, "I love you, sweet kitty, but the extra weight isn't quite what I need right now.  Why don't you go see what mom is up to."  C. was very accommodating by rattling the treat bag out in the kitchen.  Zoom!  Off goes kitty!

• Options
    What a day. Indian variant here now  causing  panic. .
    Spent 3 hrs(which is very low) in hospital  today.  Its the last place on earth i would be in a pandemic.  Last resort
     My dr sent me.  Im apparently ok. Im not. 
    I try to trust. Thats not possible . Life  is short and im making it miserable  for  myself and  all who are stupid enough  to love me.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    What a day. Indian variant here now  causing  panic. .
    Spent 3 hrs(which is very low) in hospital  today.  Its the last place on earth i would be in a pandemic.  Last resort
     My dr sent me.  Im apparently ok. Im not. 
    I try to trust. Thats not possible . Life  is short and im making it miserable  for  myself and  all who are stupid enough  to love me.
    Well, it sounds to me like you are being way to hard on yourself. Be kind to yourself please, you wouldn't treat someone else like that so have just a little bit of self compassion. Sorry to hear you are in hospital. I hope everybody's wearing face masks.  Keep us posted with updates. Sending happy vibes and positivity! 
  • Options
    Fucking  fear. I often ask myself why .
    I was so close but now so far away
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,937
    To everyone feeling confused, concerned, or in pain - hang in there. 

Feel free any time to reach out, whether we've spoken or not. These are rough times we should help each other through.

Sincerely, a person in the same position.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Sending hugs to all who need them, especially @lastextlondon and @benjs   Hang in there ((((hugs))))
  • Options
    Fuck i cant take anymore 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    Ive been doing therapy  7 weeks now and i can't do the  things  she is saying  .  Some common grounding  and  mindfulness  but im not able
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Ive been doing therapy  7 weeks now and i can't do the  things  she is saying  .  Some common grounding  and  mindfulness  but im not able
    Little steps, Rob. Don’t expect to simply change your ways completely after a few weeks. Great to hear you’re doing therapy! 
  • Options
    Im going to have to stop using the internet at all. I only use this and you tube but its all too much. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

• Options
    One of the worst weeks i can remember monday  to monday. Stayed mostly medicated out of the game. Today i went and picked flowers and veg
     But i cant rid myself of solid fear. I have symptoms again  . Dr says im ok. But it cant sink in
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07