Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,449
    edited May 2021
    ^ My overall point or political concern is that children will get pressured to vaccinate to make up for adults who don't.
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,968
    I'm not really excited about any of that...

This is either going to prove people right or dead wrong like what is happening in India.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,734

This is either going to prove people right or dead wrong like what is happening in India.
    How is that comparable to India with the vaccination rates the States has? 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I sit here, listening to a beautiful operatic voice and piano drifting through the window. A sign of the times, I suppose, that the Four Seasons next to us is hosting functions again.

It sounds just lovely. 
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,449
    My airline offered me a refund today for my March 2020 flight. 

Glad to hear, Hedonist.
  • Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,822
    hedonist said:
    I sit here, listening to a beautiful operatic voice and piano drifting through the window. A sign of the times, I suppose, that the Four Seasons next to us is hosting functions again.

It sounds just lovely. 
    Four Seasons Landscaping?
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,112
    edited May 2021
    tish said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What's everyones feeling on vaccinations for 12-16 year olds?  A hard no?  Wait awhile?  Sign up now?

My ex is a nurse practitioner and wants to get our 12 year old son vaccinated right away, I'm opting to wait a few months just to see how it goes.  
    Very concerned on this one. I have a 15 year old who is probably one of the healthiest kids I know. Antibiotics 1 time in her life. Never sick always active and eats healthy as can be. She wants it….would like to hold off for her. The peer pressure on these kids is going to be crushing….
    I agree news is already saying do it for your family or you'll kill them, more or less.

You'll kill them?  The virus doesn't kill everybody, that is a proven fact already.  If that's not fear mongering.

Do you have an article or link about this?
    After 15 months,we are still here? It doesn’t kill you but you pass it along and kills your neighbor.

If science says the vaccines are safe, what is the issue?

A simple solution. If you don’t get vaccinated when it’s approved and available, you don’t get hospital care if you get infected.
    Post edited by Lerxst1992 on
  • Options
    PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    tish said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    What's everyones feeling on vaccinations for 12-16 year olds?  A hard no?  Wait awhile?  Sign up now?

My ex is a nurse practitioner and wants to get our 12 year old son vaccinated right away, I'm opting to wait a few months just to see how it goes.  
    Very concerned on this one. I have a 15 year old who is probably one of the healthiest kids I know. Antibiotics 1 time in her life. Never sick always active and eats healthy as can be. She wants it….would like to hold off for her. The peer pressure on these kids is going to be crushing….
    I agree news is already saying do it for your family or you'll kill them, more or less.

You'll kill them?  The virus doesn't kill everybody, that is a proven fact already.  If that's not fear mongering.

A simple solution. If you don’t get vaccinated when it’s approved and available, you don’t get hospital care if you get infected.
    I’m not sure about denying hospital care (same could be said about cigarette smokers).  It would be fair to deny those people any other kind of COVID relief that may get passed around (tax breaks, etc), though.  Not sure how that would happen, though.
  • Options
    tish said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Curious on your thoughts on alcoholics and smokers getting treatment for their related diseases. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,822
    I'm never in favour of taking away necessary health care, even in cases where we believe that the person contributed to their own condition. None of us have perfect health habits. It's a mean-spirited approach that is bound to increae resentment. Shaming people rarely leads to positive changes in behaviour. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,676
    I have yet to meet an alcoholic who actually set out to become one.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    It looks like experts are predicting that non essential travel between the US and Canada border is going to happen this summer or fall. Hope it happens this summer. Would love to do a trip to New Hampshire again.

Also it is May already and summer is coming fast. It is odd thinking about the states opening up to us when at the moment I can not even go to a neighbouring province and I have friends and coworkers that think that will be closed throughout the summer. It is hard to listen to all of the negativity each and everyday to be honest. That for me has been the hardest part of the pandemic. The non stop talk about it. I know I am lucky if that is the worse thing that I can say about the virus but its still hard on the head. 

edit: it would be one of the hardest parts. Restrictions on the kids and no concerts is up there as well. 
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    It looks like experts are predicting that non essential travel between the US and Canada border is going to happen this summer or fall. Hope it happens this summer. Would love to do a trip to New Hampshire again.

Also it is May already and summer is coming fast. It is odd thinking about the states opening up to us when at the moment I can not even go to a neighbouring province and I have friends and coworkers that think that will be closed throughout the summer. It is hard to listen to all of the negativity each and everyday to be honest. That for me has been the hardest part of the pandemic. The non stop talk about it. I know I am lucky if that is the worse thing that I can say about the virus but its still hard on the head. 

edit: it would be one of the hardest parts. Restrictions on the kids and no concerts is up there as well. 
    we have an aa conference twice a year I am a part of that meets in oxley 45 min or so outside of windsor right on lake erie.

missed the july conf last year and the feb this year. zoom is helpful but..... we all look forward to this retreat weekend. these people are like family. certainly hope we can organize and meet this year...

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    OnWis97 said:
    hedonist said:

It sounds just lovely. 
    Four Seasons Landscaping?
    Hotel :)
  • Options
    tish said:
    mcgruff10 said:

After 15 months,we are still here? It doesn’t kill you but you pass it along and kills your neighbor.

Putting fear into your kid and telling them if you don’t get the vaccination it will kill them isn’t fucked up to you?  

Yeah, after 15 months I thought we were way beyond that crap.
  • Options
    PJNB said:

We may be opening up to capacity a little sooner than expected and it might be a bad idea, kind of like what India did.  Maybe not, but that is my correlation. 

So, I am not excited about any of that.  You like Vegas?
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,484
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    PJNB said:

We may be opening up to capacity a little sooner than expected and it might be a bad idea, kind of like what India did.  Maybe not, but that is my correlation. 

So, I am not excited about any of that.  You like Vegas?
    I was just commenting on the fact that the states are way ahead of India with vaccinating people and do not find it comparable since India really did not even close down. 

I think too its too early for 100%. I would like a couple months of easing restrictions to see how it impacts the numbers. Open up as you go all of the way to 100%. I am curious though what some people are expecting when in the US everyone that wants the vaccine has gotten it and the numbers are low. That is coming in the next 60 days its looks like and the summer months are surely going to drop cases along with it. When is it ok to open up 100%? 
  • Options
    Pfizer/BioNTech formally asking for full FDA approval with fast track consideration

• Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Does it concern anyone that the latest VAERS reports shows another 39,000 weekly reports bringing the total to 157,000+ instances, yet the only reporting we get on it is "something is wrong with the data"?  When the numbers were lower it was "Yes, these things will happen" but as the data is changing it is "something is wrong with the data".  For comparison, they received as many reports last week alone as they did all of last year for all vaccines.

• Options
    And a little funny for all...  Have a good weekend and stay safe out there!!

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    Does it concern anyone that the latest VAERS reports shows another 39,000 weekly reports bringing the total to 157,000+ instances, yet the only reporting we get on it is "something is wrong with the data"?  When the numbers were lower it was "Yes, these things will happen" but as the data is changing it is "something is wrong with the data".  For comparison, they received as many reports last week alone as they did all of last year for all vaccines.

The problem with vaers is that literally anyone can post anything, got a vaccine and then ate 5 burritos and had diarrhea? Bam vaccine side effect, your 90 year old grandma that was dying of Alzheimer’s gets the vaccine and dies a couple weeks later, bam side effect.   All of these events are gone over by doctors and scientists, and when links are established more research is done, which led to j&j being taken off the market for a time.  So I’m not worried about vaers data if t he scientists aren’t.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,575
    edited May 2021

"Submitted by anyone." And to answer your question, no.

https://www.protocol.com/fcc-net-neutrality-fake-comments

09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    umm no. 4 weeks past 2nd dose? wasted two vacation days.

had little to no effects personally with pfizer except for sore arm.
    wife didnt with j&j.

• Options
    static111 said:

The problem with vaers is that literally anyone can post anything, got a vaccine and then ate 5 burritos and had diarrhea? Bam vaccine side effect, your 90 year old grandma that was dying of Alzheimer’s gets the vaccine and dies a couple weeks later, bam side effect.   All of these events are gone over by doctors and scientists, and when links are established more research is done, which led to j&j being taken off the market for a time.  So I’m not worried about vaers data if t he scientists aren’t.
    So VAERS is a big ol' nothing burger.  Cool, I get it.  But in your example, if my 90 year old grandma caught covid, then passed two weeks later she would be counted as a covid death.  So why are we not treating the vaccines the same way?

My dad who is retired and works for a major home improvement retailer lost a friend from work.  79 year old man who was three weeks removed from his second dose.  Heart attack.  Also found to have covid, and his death certificate had.... covid.  

It's just weird to me that no one is really digging into this stuff.  By no one, I mean some of the major outlets.
  • Options
    Speaking of misinformation, CNN which has led the way on "panic porn" throughout the past year (especially with that real time death counter on the screen!!) had a doctor on who stated, "The vast majority of deaths are in the 18-54 age group and actually the 18-34 age group is more than half of the deaths right now in this country".  Scary right?  Starts around 1:58 and goes on to blame Joe Rogan.

The problem is...  it is a flat out lie!  And she got called on it by numerous people.  Actual data below followed up by her replies.

• Options
    nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,700
    And a little funny for all...  Have a good weekend and stay safe out there!!

That video is hilarious. No matter how you feel about the pandemic that’s funny. 
  • Options
    23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,484
    static111 said:

So VAERS is a big ol' nothing burger.  Cool, I get it.  But in your example, if my 90 year old grandma caught covid, then passed two weeks later she would be counted as a covid death.  So why are we not treating the vaccines the same way?

My dad who is retired and works for a major home improvement retailer lost a friend from work.  79 year old man who was three weeks removed from his second dose.  Heart attack.  Also found to have covid, and his death certificate had.... covid.  

It's just weird to me that no one is really digging into this stuff.  By no one, I mean some of the major outlets.
    In Greece we said..''at the deaf's door, knock as much you want''..
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,621
    static111 said:

Oh I think the Ethical Skeptic is digging pretty hard, manipulating data, inventing misleading graphs, etc.  He's doing a bang up job.  Maybe if your dad's friend that died with COVID in his system wasn't classified as a COVID death, he'd still be alive.  
This discussion has been closed.