2021 Tour Rumors - Let’s Go!!!!!!!!!!

Comments

• 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,140
    PJNB said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I heard a rumor, but you won’t like it. 😔
    Oh, man.....
    Yep, my Amy’s Cheese Enchilada had a hole in it and totally melted in our staff microwave at lunchtime. #backintheofficemishaps 
    Guy at work had his spaghetti explode in the microwave the other day. He took it out and started eating it like nothing happened. Gotta respect that courage to sit there with all eyes on him and eat his meal without batting an eye or a thought to clean up his mess. 
    After a year of being mostly away from my colleagues, it has been awkward navigating things. Like I’ve had to re-learn how to socialize again. Also, the cheese on those Amy’s meals are like crazy. I could walk a line of cheese from the carton out of the microwave down the hall back into my office without breaking. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • BB162610BB162610 Upstate NY Posts: 541
    mcgruff10 said:
    Well here s some definite good concert news;

Saw this too, they are requiring mask usage the entire show, and either proof of fully vaccinated status or negative covid test.  Only 30% capacity.  
  • ZodZod Posts: 10,073
    edited May 2021
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Imagine every large act on earth trying to tour the states at once in the amphitheater's and while competing with NBA and NHL teams in arenas.  

Booking venues and traveling to multiple shows in a row is going to be pretty dicey.  Enjoy the Boise show on Monday and the Austin show on Tuesday.  
    Time for Providence, RI and Manchester, NH to get shows, as well as for the long awaited return to Augusta, ME. 
    Pearl Jam fall 2021 North American Tour:

Sep 5 Dunkin Donuts Center, Providence RI
    Sep 7 TD Garden, Boston MA
    Sep 9 DCU Center, Worcester MA
    Sep 11 SNHU Arena, Manchester NH
    Sep 13 Orpheum Theater Boston MA
    Sep 15 Augusta Civic Center Augusta ME
    Sep 17 The Paradise, Boston MA
    Sep 18-19 Sea Hear Now Festival Asbury Park NJ
    Sep 21 XL Center, Hartford CT
    Sep 23 Agganis Arena, Boston MA
    Sep 26 Ohana Festival Dana Point CA

What? No Canadian dates on that NA Tour?

We're behind the US in terms of vaccinations.   I still haven't gotten a first shot, let a lone a 2nd shot by September.  I keep hoping the US will open its side of the border so I can sneak down and get vaccinated :)
    It is open.  You just have to fly.  Trouble is the rules and restrictions coming back.  
    As I understand it you fly down, and cross a land border coming back.    Problem is there are currently no direct flights from here to the US.   

An interesting scenario would be if the US decided to reopen its borders before Canada decides too.  Current rules state Canadians can come home for any reason.  If the US opens the border, then it's no problem driving down and coming back (but I'd need the essential travel rule in BC to rescinded, as I need to hop over to the mainland in order to drive south into Washington state).

#bringbackthecohoferry.
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,140
    BB162610 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Saw this too, they are requiring mask usage the entire show, and either proof of fully vaccinated status or negative covid test.  Only 30% capacity.  
    I get it. Gotta get back out there. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,159
    Zod said:
    Zod said:
    demetrios said:
    Poncier said:
    JimmyV said:
    Imagine every large act on earth trying to tour the states at once in the amphitheater's and while competing with NBA and NHL teams in arenas.  

Booking venues and traveling to multiple shows in a row is going to be pretty dicey.  Enjoy the Boise show on Monday and the Austin show on Tuesday.  
    Time for Providence, RI and Manchester, NH to get shows, as well as for the long awaited return to Augusta, ME. 
    Pearl Jam fall 2021 North American Tour:

Sep 5 Dunkin Donuts Center, Providence RI
    Sep 7 TD Garden, Boston MA
    Sep 9 DCU Center, Worcester MA
    Sep 11 SNHU Arena, Manchester NH
    Sep 13 Orpheum Theater Boston MA
    Sep 15 Augusta Civic Center Augusta ME
    Sep 17 The Paradise, Boston MA
    Sep 18-19 Sea Hear Now Festival Asbury Park NJ
    Sep 21 XL Center, Hartford CT
    Sep 23 Agganis Arena, Boston MA
    Sep 26 Ohana Festival Dana Point CA

What? No Canadian dates on that NA Tour?

We're behind the US in terms of vaccinations.   I still haven't gotten a first shot, let a lone a 2nd shot by September.  I keep hoping the US will open its side of the border so I can sneak down and get vaccinated :)
    It is open.  You just have to fly.  Trouble is the rules and restrictions coming back.  
    As I understand it you fly down, and cross a land border coming back.    Problem is there are currently no direct flights from here to the US.   

An interesting scenario would be if the US decided to reopen its borders before Canada decides too.  Current rules state Canadians can come home for any reason.  If the US opens the border, then it's no problem driving down and coming back (but I'd need the essential travel rule in BC to rescinded, as I need to hop over to the mainland in order to drive south into Washington state).

#bringbackthecohoferry.
    I don’t think one country will open the land border before the other.  I think they will coordinate.  

The travel ban within a province is a bit much.  We have that in Ontario too.  That being said I believe a valid reason for being out and about is being en route to an airport for a flight out of the province.  I wonder if you might have an exception like that too.  (To our American friends:  yes you are reading this right - our governments up here have taken things to a whole other level and somehow these measures haven’t been successfully opposed.)
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139
    edited May 2021
    BB162610 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Spac is my homebase from years ago. Rumor from locals is they’re scared it will bring thousands of heads out who haven’t seen a show in almost two years to the park to camp out and end up being a spreader event or something.  Thus even though it’s an outdoor amphitheater the 30% capacity and masks and vax rules.  Who knows, but it seems pretty strict to me.
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • BB162610 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

For spac, 30% capacity is tiny unless they are including lawn. I think it has only 5000 seats and 25,000 capacity on the lawn
  • brewdog123brewdog123 ATL Posts: 635
    BB162610 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Spac is my homebase from years ago. Rumor from locals is they’re scared it will bring thousands of heads out who haven’t seen a show in almost two years to the park to camp out and end up being a spreader event or something.  Thus even though it’s an outdoor amphitheater the 30% capacity and masks and vax rules.  Who knows, but it seems pretty strict to me.
    This is trey anastasio solo acoustic shows. Not TAB, not phish. Thousands of people will NOT be flocking to these shows.  I mean it will probably sell out, but thus isn't a deer creek grateful dead situation at all
    BB162610 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

For spac, 30% capacity is tiny unless they are including lawn. I think it has only 5000 seats and 25,000 capacity on the lawn
    It includes the lawn, they are providing chairs and selling seats in pods of 2 or 4.  
    edited May 2021
    BB162610 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

Same here, 15 minutes from home.  They have put some money into it in recent years, unfortunately they have made a business plan of shitty country acts, the 80's Journey/Foreigner never ending tour and Phish/DMB.  
    Post edited by BB162610 on
  • ianh42ianh42 Posts: 196
    Any west coast rumors out there? I mean if Ohana fest is going to happen they mine as well do some west coast tour dates before and after this fall, right?
    Living in a SOLAT...SJ 11/95 SD 11/95 BB 10/96 Oak 11/97 SD 7/98 LA 7/98 BB 10/99 LV 10/00 San B 10/00 Irvine 6/03 SD 6/03 LA 7/06 Fonda 7/06 SB 7/06 DC 6/08 LA 9-30 10-6 & 10-7-09 SD 10-9-09 SD 11/13 LA1&2 11/13 MIL 10/14 OHANA FEST 2016, 2017, 2019, 2021 (EV, PJ and PJ Encore 1) SD 5/3/22 LA 5/6/22 LA 5/7/22 Fresno 5/16/22

ISO Tickets for Los Angeles both nights...I got shut out of the 2024 Ten Club tickets :-(
  • RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,139
    BB162610 said:
    mcgruff10 said:

This is trey anastasio solo acoustic shows. Not TAB, not phish. Thousands of people will NOT be flocking to these shows.  I mean it will probably sell out, but thus isn't a deer creek grateful dead situation at all
    Hey don’t kill the messenger.  I’m not disagreeing by any means, but people are hungry for live shows and Saratoga is a nice park to camp out, so I can understand the basis for the rumor/fear
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    ianh42 said:
    Any west coast rumors out there? I mean if Ohana fest is going to happen they mine as well do some west coast tour dates before and after this fall, right?
    There have been zero rumors so far in this rumor thread. 
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,995
    ianh42 said:
    There have been zero rumors so far in this rumor thread. 
    This one time, at band camp...
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,506
    What about that DCU rumor and Austin City Limits? Any info?
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 702
    DCU?
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,818
    Will trade two pre party tickets at my house (includes food and drink) for one Apollo ticket.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,995
    Stressing out once again about not having an Apollo ticket is how I’ll know the pandemic is over. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    mcgruff10 said:
    Will trade two pre party tickets at my house (includes food and drink) for one Apollo ticket.  
    Are they VIP tickets or just the regular pre party tickets?
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    tdawe said:
    Stressing out once again about not having an Apollo ticket is how I’ll know the pandemic is over. 
    So true. 😂 listening/calling Sirius every day… logistically planning out day of stake out. All poof.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • HailHailVitalogyHailHailVitalogy Posts: 4,506
    nalyd61 said:
    DCU?
    Venue in Worcester MA
    2003: Uniondale, MSG x2 2004: Reading | 2005: Gorge, Vancouver, Philly | 2006: East Rutherford x2, Gorge x2, Camden 1, Hartford | 2008: MSG x2, VA Beach | 2009: Philly x3 | 2010: MSG x2, Bristow | 2011: Alpine Valley x2 | 2012: MIA Philly | 2013: Wrigley, Charlottesville, Brooklyn 2 | 2014: Milan, Amsterdam 1 | 2016: MSG x2, Fenway x2, Wrigley 2 | 2018: Rome, Krakow, Berlin | 2021: Sea Hear Now | 2022: San Diego, LA x2, MSG, Camden, Nashville, St. Louis, Denver | 2023: St. Paul 1, Chicago x2, Fort Worth x2, Austin 2
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,818
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    VIP: They include access to a private bathroom, access to the deep end of the pool and one autographed item signed by my family.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • darwinstheorydarwinstheory LaPorte, IN Posts: 5,730
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    VIP: They include access to a private bathroom, access to the deep end of the pool and one autographed item signed by my family.
    That is a lot of signatures!
    "A smart monkey doesn't monkey around with another monkey's monkey" - Darwin's Theory
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,417
    mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That is a lot of signatures!

mcgruff10 said:
    on2legs said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    Lol to both of you. 😂
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• theebradnesstheebradness Quincy, IL originally from Weymouth, MA Posts: 278
    PJNB said:
    mfc2006 said:
    I heard a rumor, but you won’t like it. 😔
    Oh, man.....
    Yep, my Amy’s Cheese Enchilada had a hole in it and totally melted in our staff microwave at lunchtime. #backintheofficemishaps 
    Guy at work had his spaghetti explode in the microwave the other day. He took it out and started eating it like nothing happened. Gotta respect that courage to sit there with all eyes on him and eat his meal without batting an eye or a thought to clean up his mess. 
    After a year of being mostly away from my colleagues, it has been awkward navigating things. Like I’ve had to re-learn how to socialize again. Also, the cheese on those Amy’s meals are like crazy. I could walk a line of cheese from the carton out of the microwave down the hall back into my office without breaking. 
    This made me lol for real.

Lollapalooza 1992 Mansfield MA
    STL 2014
    Wrigley Aug 20th 2016
    St Louis 2022

I'm a lucky man to count on both hands the ones I love.
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,682
    So other then the two festival shows that "will" be happening, what other PJ rumoured 2021 dates do we have?
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,159
    Someone said something about ACL.  Rumor only.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • hihobibohihobibo Tampa, FL Posts: 1,057
    edited May 2021
    Since Ed is doing things like VaxLive, do you think he might just go out on a Solo tour? 
  • lowbudgetlushlowbudgetlush Posts: 609
    hihobibo said:
    Since Ed is doing things like VaxLive, do you think he might just go out on a Solo tour? 

Yeah, I could see this. Just watched "corduroy". That was a complete reworking of that song. I would imagine that took a fair amount of rehearsing. I would be surprised if Ed and the backing band did not play more dates this year. For all we know there may be clauses written in the Pearl Jam tour contract where they have to play the announced dates before adding more. We shall see.

I do not want to derail this thread but its performances like this that I just don't understand. Why put in all that effort getting a new backing band together when you have the best band ever at your disposal? Again, maybe the other guys were busy but then you show up with who is available. i.e. ed & mike at tibetan freedom fest 1997. Who knows.
  • nalyd61nalyd61 Boston Posts: 702
    nalyd61 said:
    DCU?
    Venue in Worcester MA
    yes- was curious if this was a rumor I missed.