Eddie Vedder To Perform In Global Citizen's VAX Live: The Concert To Reunite The World

Comments

• demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Enjoy the show.
  • gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,307
    demetrios said:
    Enjoy the show.
    We will!!!!!
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    Hope Ed joins the Foo Fighters for a song tonight. 
  • Setlist?
    Dallas 98
    Dallas 2000
    Kansas City 2000
    St. Louis 2000
    Memphis 2000
    OKC 2003
    Dallas 2003
    Kansas City 2003
    Little Rock 2003
    Cincinnati 2006
    Vegas 2006
    EV Los Angeles 2008 x 2
    VH1 Rock Honors the Who 2008 
    Berlin 2009
    Los Angeles 2009 x 4
    The Tonight Show with Conan O'Brien 2009
    Los Angeles 2013 x 2
    Tulsa 2014
    EV Ohana 2016
    Ohana 2021 x 4
    Los Angeles 2022 x 2
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    Pop version of Corduroy and pop version of I Am A Patriot with Pluralone I believe backing him.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • Luckytwn1Luckytwn1 Posts: 489
    edited May 2021
    Ed was very good. The version of Patriot, in particular, was outstanding. Since most of the show was a TV production and not a real concert, it wasn’t until the last 45 minutes when it really felt like concerts were back. The Foo Fighters had that place rocking big time. Brian Johnson on Back in Black, just amazing. Can’t imagine anyone left that venue without a smile on their face. 
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314

Luckytwn1 said:
    Ed was very good. The version of Patriot, in particular, was outstanding. Since most of the show was a TV production and not a real concert, it wasn’t until the last 45 minutes when it really felt like concerts were back. The Foo Fighters had that place rocking big time. Brian Johnson on Back in Black, just amazing. Can’t imagine anyone left that venue without a smile on their face. 
    I'LL SECOND THAT! It was kinda bizarre and I was really bummed that H.E.R. wasn't inside but I get it... her opening will be cool. Foos made me jump and dance and feel that old feeling of happy again!
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,392
    edited May 2021
    So the message is... we won't share the Vax, but please get vaccinated?

While we call on companies and leaders to share the intellectual rights and help the poor, should we not be standing up to our governments that have a "us first" policy which leads to variants in undervaxxed areas?

Oh wait, that ship has sailed.

Post edited by Spunkie on
  • PJammer4lifePJammer4life Los Angeles Posts: 2,578
    tish said:
    So the message is... we won't share the Vax, but please get vaccinated?

While we call on companies and leaders to share the intellectual rights and help the poor, should we not be standing up to our governments that have a "us first" policy which leads to variants in undervaxxed areas?

Oh wait, that ship has sailed.

Ed’s plea was for Big Pharma to give it at cost all around the world.
    Bridge Benefit 1994, San Francisco 1995, San Diego 1995 1 & 2, Missoula 1998, Los Angeles 2000, San Diego 2000, Eddie Vedder/Beck 2/26/2002, Santa Barbara 2003, Irvine 2003, San Diego 2003, Vancouver 2005, Gorge 2005, San Diego 2006, Los Angeles 2006 1 & 2, Santa Barbara 2006, Eddie Vedder 4/10/08, Eddie Vedder 4/12/08, Eddie Vedder 4/15/08, 7/12/2008, SF 8/28/09, LA 9/30/09, LA 10/1/09, LA 10/06/09, LA 10/07/09, San Diego 10/09/09, Eddie Vedder 7/6/2011, Eddie Vedder 7/8/2011, PJ20 9/3/2011, PJ20 9/4/2011, Vancouver 9/25/2011, San Diego 11/21/13, LA 11/24/13, Ohana 9/25/21, Ohana 9/26/21, Ohana 10/1/21, EV 2/17/22, LA Forum 5/6/22, LA Forum 5/7/22, EV 10/1/22, EV 9/30/23
  • elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,040
    anyone see what guitar pick(s) EV used? 
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Not mentioning any names but I am noting an irony that certain people who have been among the most negative on these boards about concerts returning are providing feedback about this event as though they never had any doubts and indeed may themselves have been in attendance.  Just saying.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • PB11041PB11041 Earth Posts: 2,758
    Live Taped.

His eminence has yet to show. 
    http://www.hi5sports.org/ (Sports Program for Kids with Disabilities)
    http://www.livefootsteps.org/user/?usr=3652

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    edited May 2021
    PB11041 said:
    Live Taped.

I we expecting the full concert from start to finish to be aired or is this going to be highlights I wonder?
    Post edited by PJNB on
  • Not mentioning any names but I am noting an irony that certain people who have been among the most negative on these boards about concerts returning are providing feedback about this event as though they never had any doubts and indeed may themselves have been in attendance.  Just saying.  
    I think the key difference is that for this concert, you had to be fully vaccinated to attend. That doesn’t seem to be the case for most concerts that have been announced 
    edited May 2021
    Not mentioning any names but I am noting an irony that certain people who have been among the most negative on these boards about concerts returning are providing feedback about this event as though they never had any doubts and indeed may themselves have been in attendance.  Just saying.  
    If that’s a reference to me, as I have said many times, I’ve been going to events for months including flying to another city to attend the World Series. And yes, I was there last night. What I’ve said about concerts returning is more business oriented, not because I ever thought they wouldn’t return. 

Last night’s show was a massive endeavor by a huge charity that had planned things out logistically with 3 days of pre-show vaccination certification at 3 venues spread out throughout the LA area. And that demonstrates exactly what I’ve been saying all along.  The cost and logistics of these shows have changed and any show planned pre-pandemic is much more of a challenge because none of that was planned/budgeted for. Do you think your average arena rock concert is going to be able to have vaccination confirmation stations set up around a city for 3 days? Of course, that’s not going to happen. Not to even mention, the festivals you’re talking about were sold long before anyone would have been required to be vaccinated. So it’s those logistics that need to be worked out for shows to take place on a daily basis. Last night’s show was anything but the norm. Let’s hope that in the coming months, there can be more shows. 
    Post edited by Luckytwn1 on
    Luckytwn1 said:
    If that’s a reference to me, as I have said many times, I’ve been going to events for months including flying to another city to attend the World Series. And yes, I was there last night. What I’ve said about concerts returning is more business oriented, not because I ever thought they wouldn’t return. 

Last night’s show was a massive endeavor by a huge charity that had planned things out logistically with 3 days of pre-show vaccination certification at 3 venues spread out throughout the LA area. And that demonstrates exactly what I’ve been saying all along.  The cost and logistics of these shows have changed and any show planned pre-pandemic is much more of a challenge because none of that was planned/budgeted for. Do you think your average arena rock concert is going to be able to have vaccination confirmation stations set up around a city for 3 days? Of course, that’s not going to happen. Not to even mention, the festivals you’re talking about were sold long before anyone would have been required to be vaccinated. So it’s those logistics that need to be worked out for shows to take place on a daily basis. Last night’s show was anything but the norm. Let’s hope that in the coming months, there can be more shows. 
    You are right about last nights format not working as the norm. Here is to hoping that this is just another step on getting there sometime this year proving that we can have shows safely or safe enough...
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

You are right about last nights format not working as the norm. Here is to hoping that this is just another step on getting there sometime this year proving that we can have shows safely or safe enough...
    Last night’s show was as close to 100 percent safe as you can get. If every show could be conducted like last night, there would be absolutely no issues with the full return of concerts immediately. I don’t think much can be extracted from last night in regards to a show that will not require full vaccination compliance from everyone attending. 
    edited May 2021
    Luckytwn1 said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

Last night’s show was as close to 100 percent safe as you can get. If every show could be conducted like last night, there would be absolutely no issues with the full return of concerts immediately. I don’t think much can be extracted from last night in regards to a show that will not require full vaccination compliance from everyone attending. 
    If something negative happened from last nights show with regards to cases that would be a huge blow to going back to shows any time soon. I do not expect that to happen with the effectiveness of the vaccine. When it does not happen in the next couple of weeks it can be used as means that less restrictions can happen in the future. 
  • Nick NamenoneNick Namenone Posts: 67
    edited May 2021
    Nvmd
    Post edited by Nick Namenone on
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Luckytwn1 said:

You are not the most negative person on here.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

If something negative happened from last nights show with regards to cases that would be a huge blow to going back to shows any time soon. I do not expect that to happen with the effectiveness of the vaccine. When it does not happen in the next couple of weeks it can be used as means that less restrictions can happen in the future. 
    Last night would have absolutely no bearing on shows that aren’t requiring everyone to be vaccinated. What it will tell us in two weeks is that any show where everyone is vaccinated can go forward without issue. I don’t think that was in doubt anyway. 

Again, the issue for shows sold pre-pandemic is can you actually require every ticket-holder to be vaccinated when those tickets were purchased before the pandemic was a factor and from there, can you economically come up with a way to validate everyone being vaccinated so the show is actually safe. Those are big issues.
  • Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,541
    A country music fest in the United Center parking lot, planned for July, could give an idea on how something could work using the CLEAR app (proof of vaccine or negative test, social distancing, vaccinated staff, etc).  I think I heard 12500 was the daily capacity

https://www.windycitysmokeout.com/covid-19-policy/
  • OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,171
    edited May 2021
    I don’t think this show can be used as an example for the plausibility of future shows. It was taped for TV broadcast. The audience was more of an afterthought. Completely different economics and logistics than a regular live performance.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141

I miss igotid88
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    I don’t think this show can be used as an example for the plausibility of future shows. It was taped for TV broadcast. The audience was more of an afterthought. Completely different economics and logistics than a regular live performance.
    It's still 20,000 people. I think shows later this year might still ask for proof of vaccinations or a recent negative test. Like sports arenas and stadiums are asking 
    I miss igotid88
    igotid88 said:
    It's still 20,000 people. I think shows later this year might still ask for proof of vaccinations or a recent negative test. Like sports arenas and stadiums are asking 
    As they should. I went last night and felt perfectly safe knowing everyone was vaccinated. 
    As for show airing on Sat...I know lots of stuff will be cut as run time on air will be an hour I heard. So lucky and grateful to have been there. 

I hour future shows use the Yondr pouch. I loved not seeing people's phones and being distracted. 
    Luckytwn1 said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:
    PJNB said:
    Luckytwn1 said:

Last night would have absolutely no bearing on shows that aren’t requiring everyone to be vaccinated. What it will tell us in two weeks is that any show where everyone is vaccinated can go forward without issue. I don’t think that was in doubt anyway. 

Again, the issue for shows sold pre-pandemic is can you actually require every ticket-holder to be vaccinated when those tickets were purchased before the pandemic was a factor and from there, can you economically come up with a way to validate everyone being vaccinated so the show is actually safe. Those are big issues.
    I am not quiet sure what your posts are trying to accomplish to be honest other than telling everyone what they already know. If the show was today it would not happen under current guidelines. The restrictions need to ease to allow shows to happen with unvaccinated fans in California. Who on this board does not know this already?