Options

Eddie Vedder To Perform In Global Citizen's VAX Live: The Concert To Reunite The World

1235»

Comments

• Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,889
    edited May 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haven't played live in almost 3 years and Ed comes out with........a different band.  Meh performance.  I've heard this corduroy from '96 and this just wasn't the time for this version.  
    Pluralone was supposed to be the Gigaton opening band. Very fitting he brings em’ out here. Plus they are in LA. Just easier. 
    I know that but call your own band and have them play with you.  
    WW, my background?   Irish/Lithuanian.  My wife is 100% Italian so sometimes
    I think I am from Sicily.  
    Post edited by mcgruff10 on
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    BloodMeridian80BloodMeridian80 Seattle Posts: 580
    I was happy it was 'a band' rather than an Ed solo performance. Both versions were pretty great.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,143
    Well, I liked both performances guys! Good to see Ed again too. Looking more and more like Springsteen every year. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,625
    edited May 2021
    People shouldn't have been wearing masks?
    :rofl:

"Either the vaccine works or it doesn't"

Damn, how many times do we need to hear that this does not mean we cannot get it and pass it along before it sinks in?

This is a special world we live in, right now.

Post edited by F Me In The Brain on
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    DP13DP13 Posts: 269
    Turns out "Big, Bold and Free" was the vaccine per Ed... or "at cost".  "Big, Bold and At Cost".  

Capitalism for me, not for thee.  
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,184
    WW187806 said:
    Wow, mcgruff what is your background to make such a bold statement. and jray seriously. See my post above. Positive not Negative. Get on board.
    So we have to love this performance? We can not like this one performance but still love the band and be thankful for all the thousands of previous performances. Relax.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,410
    DP13 said:
    Turns out "Big, Bold and Free" was the vaccine per Ed... or "at cost".  "Big, Bold and At Cost".  

Capitalism for me, not for thee.  
    What cost?
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    KH71368KH71368 Florida Posts: 65
    Looked like Albert Hammond Jr. From The Strokes, and Brian Chase from the Yeah Yeah Yeahs on drums.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,244
    Didn't like that Corduroy and never will. Dont mess with a classic.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 234
    I really enjoyed it and when Ed said "Good evening", he got me. Miss live shows so much...

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    tbergs said:
    Didn't like that Corduroy and never will. Dont mess with a classic.
    Same
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,964
    I really enjoyed it and when Ed said "Good evening", he got me. Miss live shows so much...
    This  always makes  me emotional 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,021
    Well, I liked both performances guys! Good to see Ed again too. Looking more and more like Springsteen every year. 
    Looks like he was trying to look like Sean Penn
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    jray1350 said:
    Soooo disappointed in Eddie. If he wanted to promote the COVID 19 vaccine, he should have required that everyone in the audience NOT wear a mask. Either the vax works or it doesn’t. 73,000 in Texas Saturday night watching boxing without a mask. That’s how you promote vax use. 
    lol
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    edited May 2021
    I am a Patriot was cool. Doing something new with Corduroy is cool. But the vaccin-references in the song gave me U2 Rockin' in the free world flashbacks. And I do not want flashbacks to that shit.
  • Options
    gotthebottlegotthebottle San Diego Posts: 2,374
    This  always makes  me emotional 
    He coulda sang anything and I'd still have been thrilled to see/ hear it live....
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    Is there an official digital download release from this event?
  • Options
    helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited June 2021
    That was pretty terrific.  I don't believe he has played that version of Corduroy since his days with C-Average.  Also, threw in a couple appropriate Fugazi lines for good measure.

https://youtu.be/l0Ws27SpX20
    i fucking totally dig that vax live version. thanks for posting that link
    a great song is a great song and it can never not be a great song, it can only be, just different.  :)

• Options
    igotid88 said:
    still such a great song. thank you LS
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    demetrios said:
    no.
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,856
    raindog80 said:
    demetrios said:
    no.

Doh! 
  • Options
    i cant stop listening to these 2 tracks. for me personally, i feel such a massive urgent need for some 2021 live rock and roll
    pearl jam need to give us a live webcast.
    enough is enough...
    who's with me?