Options

Eddie Vedder To Perform In Global Citizen's VAX Live: The Concert To Reunite The World

Comments

• Options
    igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,472
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,520
    tough to go fast and punk without any live practice in a year with smoker lungs. 

Was alright though
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,691
    FF did EVerlong. That's not a cover?
  • Options
    tish said:
    FF did EVerlong. That's not a cover?
    On tv? They only did Back in black on tv
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 470
    edited May 2021
    That was pretty terrific.  I don't believe he has played that version of Corduroy since his days with C-Average.  Also, threw in a couple appropriate Fugazi lines for good measure.

https://youtu.be/l0Ws27SpX20
    Post edited by pleatherman on
  • Options
    Oooh right tv version...

Anyhow, besides Josh, who was playing with Ed? What were the Fugazi lines?
  • Options
    The Corduroy take is similar to the one from Bridge School in '96.

https://youtu.be/G1ezfokES1g
  • Options
    OceansJennyOceansJenny Manhattan, NY Posts: 3,208
    That bad?? I have it recorded for later.
    DC '03 - Reading '04 - Philly '05 - Camden 1 '06 - DC '06 - E. Rutherford '06 - The Vic '07 - Lollapalooza '07 - DC '08 - EV DC 1 & 2 '08 (Met Ed!!) - EV Baltimore 1 & 2 '09 - EV NYC 1 '11 (Met Ed!) - Hartford '13 - GCF '15 - MSG 2 '16 - TOTD MSG '16 - Boston 1 & 2 '18 - SHN '21 - EV NYC 1 & 2 '22 - MSG '22
  • Options
    pleathermanpleatherman Posts: 470
    tish said:
    Oooh right tv version...

Anyhow, besides Josh, who was playing with Ed? What were the Fugazi lines?
    They are members of White Reaper, who were scheduled as openers on the Gigaton European tour.  
    I think the lines Eddie sang on Corduroy were "Give us the shot, give us the pill." which was lifted from the Fugazi lyrics "Give me the shot, give me the pill" from the song Give Me The Cure.
  • Options
    ...Let's heal the world.

Thanks, pleatherdude! 
  • Options
    Father HubbardFather Hubbard Chicago Posts: 1,561
  • Options
    igotid88 said:
    I approve. Very C-Average-esque. Good to see things moving forward.
  • Options
    Not bad. Just different. Sometimes people don't like different. I thought it was good but could understand people not digging it. Might be a few listens type of deal for some 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    Brisk.Brisk. Posts: 11,490
    Wow how have I not heard that 96 version before, thought I'd heard it all before! What a casual.

Super out of breath haha.
  • Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    'Give me the shot, I won't resist'
  • Options
    lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 12,070
    Those detriot 03 setlists
     Nice
     Very nice
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • Options
    pledgeagrievancepledgeagrievance Posts: 2,823
    Nice surprise. I like this punky /new wave version 
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,473
    igotid88 said:
    Not bad. Just different. Sometimes people don't like different. I thought it was good but could understand people not digging it. Might be a few listens type of deal for some 
    It was visually jarring for me to see Ed up there with another band behind him. I give him credit for changing up Corduroy so it didn’t appear like he was performing a standard version of the song without the rest of the guys. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    elwayvedderelwayvedder South Jersey Posts: 9,055
    EV sounded great and loved these versions. TY!
  • Options
    FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Patriot, hell yes. Alt Corduroy, hell yes. Choosing to play upbeat songs instead of goddamn River Cross when people need a boost, SWEET JESUS YES.
  • Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,313
    It was nice to see a performance in front of real people, although I understand the amount of audience screening that went into that production would be tough to scale for a tour.

I thought it was a good version of Patriot and a not so good version of Corduroy, though it is good he saved the real good Corduroy for the next PJ show.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    on2legs said:
    igotid88 said:
    It was visually jarring for me to see Ed up there with another band behind him. I give him credit for changing up Corduroy so it didn’t appear like he was performing a standard version of the song without the rest of the guys. 
    He's done it with C-Average, and Flea and Jack Irons before 
    I miss igotid88
  • Options
    F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,667
    Firecloud said:
    Patriot, hell yes. Alt Corduroy, hell yes. Choosing to play upbeat songs instead of goddamn River Cross when people need a boost, SWEET JESUS YES.

Hahaha.
    I didn't think of this but I agree those choices worked better than River Cross.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 538
    Okay a couple of positive posts right here! But overall.. So. Much. Negative. Ed is a damn icon. He once again steps up into the spotlight and its amazing. We have had the distinct pleasure of enjoying Pearl Jam & Ed Performances since what, 1989? I saw pre show that he was doing Cordoroy ( I should've figured with Josh they were gonna funk with it :blush:) Initially I was like hell yea a pounding Corodoroy to say WE ARE BACK! Alas, still did it, I can't say I loved it, but only two listens so far. I'll hold judgement. 

Patriot however.... wish he did slow and fast, but he's the man. Always gotta respect what makes him and the band excited to play. He crushed Patriot. He sounded great (see Brian Johnson). Dave Grohl trotted out Everlong... woo pee, and if we get into a voice comparison where are Foos. vs. PJ. I just come from the vein of why compare those two bands. Foo's rock hard, and PJ is the greatest band for so. many different reasons. Lastly regarding Patriot as the music was great, but Ed sang the song as it should be. He wasn't afraid to dip his toes into mentioning political parties. He represented his true self and all his fans like we would always hope. 

Finally, the pre performance production was smooth. ABC, and YouTube each had different cut up's. But, ABC made Ed look great. The reluctant rock warrior. He always said he gave a shit, and there he is. Looked great, gave a nice little talk. I mean did anyone else not get chill bumps from this. Cmon guys I know its been a tough year but lighten up, this was great! Hopefully will leave to more calculated opportunities for Live show/Home stream?

Peace
  • Options
    mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,933
    Haven't played live in almost 3 years and Ed comes out with........a different band.  Meh performance.  I've heard this corduroy from '96 and this just wasn't the time for this version.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Options
    jray1350jray1350 Posts: 12
    Soooo disappointed in Eddie. If he wanted to promote the COVID 19 vaccine, he should have required that everyone in the audience NOT wear a mask. Either the vax works or it doesn’t. 73,000 in Texas Saturday night watching boxing without a mask. That’s how you promote vax use. 
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    igotid88 said:
    I approve. Very C-Average-esque. Good to see things moving forward.
    God damn, Josh K. rocked the shit outta that tune. Peppers only scratched the surface on him. Great version! 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    WW187806WW187806 Long Island, NY Posts: 538
    Wow, mcgruff what is your background to make such a bold statement. and jray seriously. See my post above. Positive not Negative. Get on board.
  • Options
    2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,151
    mcgruff10 said:
    Haven't played live in almost 3 years and Ed comes out with........a different band.  Meh performance.  I've heard this corduroy from '96 and this just wasn't the time for this version.  
    Pluralone was supposed to be the Gigaton opening band. Very fitting he brings em’ out here. Plus they are in LA. Just easier. 
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,853
    edited May 2021
    mcgruff10 said:
    Pluralone was supposed to be the Gigaton opening band. Very fitting he brings em’ out here. Plus they are in LA. Just easier. 
    It was White Reaper who was opening part of Euro 2020  and Josh who is solo.