The Joe Rogan Thread

Comments

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    I respect your opinions Hedo & Hugh. 

I wish Rogan deferred to experts as much as his defenders claim he does. 
    like i've said before, he does when he actually is speaking with them. he has this strange dichotomy where, in person with an expert in any given field, he will listen and "interesting....interesting" and bounce ideas back and forth. but when it's just him and another lay person, he speaks as if he knows what he's talking about. 

and then he hides behind "i'm just a meathead in my basement getting high and chatting with my friends". that's fine if you have 100 followers, but when millions listen to you and believe you know what you're talking about? not so fine. 

the unfortunate part is, most, if not all of us here, can tell the difference, while there are just too many people that don't/can't/won't. 
    That's generous.
    from what i can tell, my statement is accurate. unless there's someone you have in mind.....

People who take information from sources they shouldn't and run with it?
    Damn, all over.
    Probably 20% of the sources cited in the Rona thread, alone.
    edit -- OK, 20% still leaves 80% as most.  I am probably being too generous, as well.***
    i personally have never seen anyone cite joe rogan as a source of fact. a little bit different than being fooled by a news source that isn't really news.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Here is the full clip for anyone that cares...

And I don't see any issue with anything he said:
    -  Do you think the shot is safe?  For the most part he does and I agree.
    -  If you are young and healthy, you shouldn't have to worry about it.
    -  Worried about children having to get vaccinated.
    -  His kids had the virus and were largely unaffected, as are most people.
    -  You should get vaccinated if you are vulnerable.

Please, tell me how any of this is controversial...
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Joe Rogan is just a fucking clown.  How can anyone listen to this waste of skin...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Oooh, a new one! “Waste of skin”.

Classy. 
    hedonist said:

Classy. 
    The modern left....  Loves humanity, hates people.
    hedonist said:

Classy. 
    first, this "slogan" of yours makes zero sense. 
    second, who here are you referring to as the left? 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

hedonist said:

Classy. 
    Thanks, Yoda.
  • SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    hedonist said:

Classy. 
    ironic coming from the loves the unborn hates the born party

• gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    after the vaccine advice backlash of the last few days, i saw rogan called himself a fucking moron. that i can agree with.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    after the vaccine advice backlash of the last few days, i saw rogan called himself a fucking moron. that i can agree with.

its not the first time. it wont be the last.

problem is he doesnt learn where it can really count.

"I'm just a dumb monkey......"
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Smellyman said:
    hedonist said:

Classy. 
    ironic coming from the loves the unborn hates the born party

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

seriously? he usually doubles down. or just shrugs it off as "why would anyone listen to me?". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,385
    seriously? he usually doubles down. or just shrugs it off as "why would anyone listen to me?". 
    If I recall he did a mea culpa last year, maybe about some misinformation he reported in regards to fires supposedly being set by antifa or something along those lines.

It's like I said to my nephew once, apologies don't mean shit if you don't take a lesson / try to do better next time. 
    If I recall he did a mea culpa last year, maybe about some misinformation he reported in regards to fires supposedly being set by antifa or something along those lines.

It's like I said to my nephew once, apologies don't mean shit if you don't take a lesson / try to do better next time. 
    you are correct. I forgot about that one. But usually he just laughs it off as no big deal. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

posted in the corona thread as well. joe rogan, at it again, saying "canada is fucked"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aEAaPHQGf8A
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

wonder what his numbers are since he went exclusive on spotify.

not that it matters to him given what they stupidly paid.....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:

i stopped watching. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mickeyrat said:

i stopped watching. 

used to listen on the regular. had already been backing off and tryinh to be selective on guests. finally when spotify deal announce I perceived a subtle shift in attitude.

final straw was the burr episode where he claimed after to have baited bill to rant regarding masks. bill shut him down quick. but it showed his conversations werent as natural as he liked to portray them as.

mickeyrat said:
    mickeyrat said:

i stopped watching. 

used to listen on the regular. had already been backing off and tryinh to be selective on guests. finally when spotify deal announce I perceived a subtle shift in attitude.

final straw was the burr episode where he claimed after to have baited bill to rant regarding masks. bill shut him down quick. but it showed his conversations werent as natural as he liked to portray them as.
    really, I hadn't heard that. makes sense, given his reaction to burr's dressing him down about it. just constant laughter. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Below is a doctor on CNN saying Joe Rogan recommending healthy 21 year olds not to get the vaccine "the silliest thing she has heard in a long while".  However, what she is saying was completely FALSE in that younger people are the ones dying now.  Starts at 1:58.

As one commenter replied...

It's almost like they are trying to push a narrative...

it is odd that CNN would have someone on that is so woefully unprepared with her facts. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

it is odd that CNN would have someone on that is so woefully unprepared with her facts. 
    The scariest thing to me is not the fact that she was wrong.  It happens.  As one of her tweets apologizing phrases, "We are all human" and she is right, we will ALL make mistakes.  

But the scariest thing to me is that tweet still exists in it's current format with no warning or other thing that suggests the information shared is false, as facebook and twitter have become known to do.  See below for an example of someone who spread misinformation related to covid.  It has been up 18 hours.  Also scary, CNN has not came back and said we apologize for the error.  

Twitter Expands Warning Labels To Slow Spread of Election Misinformation   NPR
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,479
    The scariest thing to me is not the fact that she was wrong.  It happens.  As one of her tweets apologizing phrases, "We are all human" and she is right, we will ALL make mistakes.  

But the scariest thing to me is that tweet still exists in it's current format with no warning or other thing that suggests the information shared is false, as facebook and twitter have become known to do.  See below for an example of someone who spread misinformation related to covid.  It has been up 18 hours.  Also scary, CNN has not came back and said we apologize for the error.  

Because 1, or is it 2, un factual tweets over a year is the same as 25,000+ false or misleading statements over four years. Sounds about right, same-same.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

Because 1, or is it 2, un factual tweets over a year is the same as 25,000+ false or misleading statements over four years. Sounds about right, same-same.

It’s one thing to make a mistake yet something completely different to constantly say anything to manipulate people to give you power.

Is gvn2fly missing his dictator wannabe? 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

It’s one thing to make a mistake yet something completely different to constantly say anything to manipulate people to give you power.

Is gvn2fly missing his dictator wannabe? 
    I think you guys are missing the point. The question is, why hasn't CNN corrected this Tweet or why hasn't it been labeled as inaccurate or misleading. If you don't do your own checking and find her follow-up correction, you'd think it was true. The Tweet should be moderated. Maybe no one has reported it? Either way, CNN should be removing or posting the correction.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    we saw him live in Vegas when we went with friends (coincidence he was performing the same weekend-it was the same weekend as McGregor fighting Jose Aldo when he won the title in 13 seconds), and he was funny. every single special I've watched of his: didn't laugh once. even when high. I don't know if the live experience made it different, I don't know. 

joey diaz opened for him in vegas and that guy is just a fat moron. I have no idea how anyone could find that dude even remotely funny. joe rogan seems to think he's the funniest guy alive, which I suppose says a lot. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited May 2021
    Clicked that video hoping it was Jeff Garland talking about Curb. 

Edit: Now I've watched the video. Ugh...seems like a total hack. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

A hack indeed. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    hedonist said:

A hack indeed. 
    I once tried to watch one of his specials on Netflix and didn't last five minutes. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com