Matt Gaetz

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    The fact that venmo has a social media aspect to it has always seemed ridiculous to me. Paypal all the way. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited April 2021
    The fact that venmo has a social media aspect to it has always seemed ridiculous to me. Paypal all the way. 
    I'm with you on the stupid social media aspect of Venmo, but otherwise, I think it's way better than PayPal. I'm my fantasy football league's commissioner and I don't even allow PayPal anymore because of some of the issues I have with it. I've had two fraudulent eBay purchases through my PayPal despite changing my passwords after the first one (and dealing with PayPal to get them rectified was terrible). PayPal had some stupid option where you had to choose between whether it's a personnel payment or a business payment, and if was business, they took a percentage. And of course business was the default setting so dumbasses in my fantasy league would choose the wrong one. And, at least with my bank, it took a shorter amount of time to transfer money to/from Venmo than it did to transfer to PayPal. PayPal seems better for merchants, but for just person-to-person, I think Venmo is way better. 

You're living in the past, man! You're hung up on some money transfer app from the 2000's, man!
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129

if you are gonna pay someone to procure you some party girls, for the love of god do not write it on the memo line...
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    edited April 2021
    I'm with you on the stupid social media aspect of Venmo, but otherwise, I think it's way better than PayPal. I'm my fantasy football league's commissioner and I don't even allow PayPal anymore because of some of the issues I have with it. I've had two fraudulent eBay purchases through my PayPal despite changing my passwords after the first one (and dealing with PayPal to get them rectified was terrible). PayPal had some stupid option where you had to choose between whether it's a personnel payment or a business payment, and if was business, they took a percentage. And of course business was the default setting so dumbasses in my fantasy league would choose the wrong one. And, at least with my bank, it took a shorter amount of time to transfer money to/from Venmo than it did to transfer to PayPal. PayPal seems better for merchants, but for just person-to-person, I think Venmo is way better. 

You're living in the past, man! You're hung up on some money transfer app from the 2000's, man!
    I still have a friend who has neither and when I need to send him money (our Eagles tickets are in his name) I have to mail him a fucking check like its 1986 or something. Same guy who had a flip phone until maybe 6 years ago.

People give me guff for paypal. My fantasy commissioner also prefers venmo too. My wife has one so I just send and receive through her account for those instances. 

But all you gotta do is make sure "personal" is selected and you have no problem, it seems. Paypal has been around forever and, to my knowledge, has a great track record when it comes to security breaches and that's huge for me. Also really simple to pay for stuff online. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

I still have a friend who has neither and when I need to send him money (our Eagles tickets are in his name) I have to mail him a fucking check like its 1986 or something. Same guy who had a flip phone until maybe 6 years ago.

People give me guff for paypal. My fantasy commissioner also prefers venmo too. My wife has one so I just send and receive through her account for those instances. 

But all you gotta do is make sure "personal" is selected and you have no problem, it seems. Paypal has been around forever and, to my knowledge, has a great track record when it comes to security breaches and that's huge for me. Also really simple to pay for stuff online. 
    I have a friend like that too. A bunch of us got an AirBnB for what would've been the PJ show in Baltimore last year, and when it was refunded, I had to send him a check for like $40. 

Yeah PayPal is fine purchases through eBay and the like, but for just sending some quick cash to somebody, I think Venmo is the way to go. But while I make everyone in my fantasy football league use Venmo, the commissioner of my fantasy baseball league prefers PayPal. He has an AOL email address....of course. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    As for Gaetz, even GOP congressmen are calling for his resignation....

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/matt-gaetz-needs-resign-says-gop-rep-adam-kinzinger-n1263607

Pearl Jam bootlegs:

https://www.nbcnews.com/politics/congress/matt-gaetz-needs-resign-says-gop-rep-adam-kinzinger-n1263607
    that is kinzinger, who might as well be a dem. i am not saying gop congressmen are calling for anything until more than kinzinger steps up.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

that is kinzinger, who might as well be a dem. i am not saying gop congressmen are calling for anything until more than kinzinger steps up.
    You mean might as well be a Republican. It's the other Republicans who are different, not Kinzinger. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Well you don't see anyone outside of Jordan and Taylor-Green defending him either though. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Yeah one calling for his resignation is nada GOP still the look away party! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    will probably nominate him for president after this.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    More republicans spoke out against Liz Cheney voting to impeach Trump than they have against Matt Gaetz. 

He has more support in the GOP than she does. 

What more needs to be said about the GOP’s morals & values (or lack thereof) in 2021? 
    More republicans spoke out against Liz Cheney voting to impeach Trump than they have against Matt Gaetz. 

He has more support in the GOP than she does. 

What more needs to be said about the GOP’s morals & values (or lack thereof) in 2021? 
    the gop is over. there is no saving that party. when 42% of republican voters support an infrastructure bill that ZERO gop politicians are going to vote for, it shows that the party is out of touch. 

their entire party platform is to get power for the sake of having power and to own the libs.

the fact that gaetz still has his committee positions speaks volumes about the party.

It would make total sense! 
    I saw Katie Hill on Chris Hayes' show last night talking about the hypocrisy of what she resigned pretty quickly over verses this shit storm Gaetz appears to be wrapped up in. She said she wouldn't be surprised if he is re-elected after being found guilty.  The modern day GOP just doesn't give a fuck about ethics and morals. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    I saw Katie Hill on Chris Hayes' show last night talking about the hypocrisy of what she resigned pretty quickly over verses this shit storm Gaetz appears to be wrapped up in. She said she wouldn't be surprised if he is re-elected after being found guilty.  The modern day GOP just doesn't give a fuck about ethics and morals. 
    i am looking for a job where i can do whatever the fuck i want to and i do not care about ethics or morals either. i should run for congress as a republican.

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    The "modern day gop" and all of its supporters and voters gave up ethics and morals a long time ago.
    They also gave up any sense of....

Doing the right thing
    Common sense
    Believing in the rule of law
    Support for all Americans regardless of race, religion, cultural background, ethnicity,  etc

• JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    Billboard put up in Florida by a PAC

Matt Gaetz wants to date your child billboard goes up in Florida   Business Insider India

Matt Gaetz wants to date your child billboard goes up in Florida   Business Insider India

Damn gotta love today’s political billboard’s 
    i am looking for a job where i can do whatever the fuck i want to and i do not care about ethics or morals either. i should run for congress as a republican.
    Have you considered a run for the presidency?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    She should move to his district and run for his seat in 2022
    i have. but i need tens of millions of dollars to pull it off.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    just come up with a racist slogan and put it on a dumb hat and the money will roll right in. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

just come up with a racist slogan and put it on a dumb hat and the money will roll right in. 
    and find a way to condense the racist slogan down to a few letters to have an easily regurgitatable 2 syllable word for it.

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    and find a way to condense the racist slogan down to a few letters to have an easily regurgitatable 2 syllable word for it.
    now yer talkin'. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Matt Getts Off under investigation by House Ethics Committee. Let’s see how the repub members vote and conduct themselves. Leave it to Mother Pelosi to clean house.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

Damn gotta love today’s political billboard’s 
    it should say he wants to "do it" with your child. Really go for that beavis and butthead type constituent.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Man, this is a tough break for him.  Seems like he has all the bad luck. 
    mrussel1 said:
    i wouldn't worry too much about him. people like him have a way of failing upward.

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    mrussel1 said:
    i wouldn't worry too much about him. people like him have a way of failing upward.
    I'm going to pray for him, nonetheless.