#46 President Joe Biden

Comments

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,384
    I can't imagine anything more pathetic than talking about Hunter Biden right now. 
    Really?  Couldn't imagine talking about the guy who had all the press on Easter Sunday right now.  An interview that was conducted in the past couple of days.

I also shouldn't be surprised, first two responses are those who are too far gone.  WAKE UP PEOPLE!
    What was the point of your post? What is so egregious about a father loving his son despite his problems with addiction?

I guess addiction issues are only lip service for republicans?
    We're supposed to be talking about Hunter Biden to distract us from GOP fuckery. It's as transparent as it is pathetic and classless. It's been a part of the GOP playbook since at least as far back as 2019.

Matt Gaetz is under investigation for sex trafficking of a minor (among other things), but we're supposed to be bothered by something someone who doesn't hold any elected office did while addicted to crack? 

Please. 
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    I can't imagine anything more pathetic than talking about Hunter Biden right now. 
    Really?  Couldn't imagine talking about the guy who had all the press on Easter Sunday right now.  An interview that was conducted in the past couple of days.

I also shouldn't be surprised, first two responses are those who are too far gone.  WAKE UP PEOPLE!
    What was the point of your post? What is so egregious about a father loving his son despite his problems with addiction?

We're supposed to be talking about Hunter Biden to distract us from GOP fuckery. It's as transparent as it is pathetic and classless. It's been a part of the GOP playbook since at least as far back as 2019.

Matt Gaetz is under investigation for sex trafficking of a minor (among other things), but we're supposed to be bothered by something someone who doesn't hold any elected office did while addicted to crack? 

Please. 
    It's just so obviously disingenuous though. Then you think back to the big deal the Trump admin claimed to make about addiction a couple years ago and it seems like a self own. Republicans are fantastic at self owns nowadays. 

A father loving his son. Have a heart, people Jesus...
    chinese-happy.jpg

Please. 
    It's just so obviously disingenuous though. Then you think back to the big deal the Trump admin claimed to make about addiction a couple years ago and it seems like a self own. Republicans are fantastic at self owns nowadays. 

A father loving his son. Have a heart, people Jesus...
    The cruelty & hypocrisy have become virtues for them. They don't even pretend to be bothered by it. 
  • gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935

Please. 
    Honestly, I do not know what you are supposed to be talking about.  I just find it really funny that on the day Jesus left the tomb, the son of God, the MEDIA chose to give us the story on the son of Joe.  Who was on his hands and knees snorting parmesan freakin cheese out of the carpet.  Dear.  Lord.  And nobody finds that funny?

Matt Gaetz?  If he is found guilty of what he is accused of, he should have the book thrown at him.  I have never defended the guy but nice deflection from my post.

Did any of y'all see Charles Barkley's comments over the weekend about division?  I will post video below.  ALL of the establishment hates us and wants us divided.  What is so hard to understand about that?  My video, was nothing more than a funny video, and if you do not laugh about that, again, you are too far gone.  

Can we at least laugh about Mayor Pete?

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,600
    Put Hunter on a ballot so I can vote against him.  Until then, who gives a shit? 

The right wing continues to try to make an issue of Hunter Biden and whether Jill Biden was still married when she started dating Joe... 45 YEARS AGO.  

Please, @gvn2fly1421, tell me why those should be issues.  Please.  
    edited April 2021

Umm, maybe he enjoys riding bikes for exercise? 

Are you a Russian troll or something?

You should watch that new Greg Gutfield show. That "humor" seems up your alley 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

Exercise?  In a full suit?  Juggler, buddy, listen to yourself.  
    "They want us all divided" he says. 

:D  
    edited April 2021

Yes. You've never heard of people riding a bike to the office before? How is this a foreign subject to you?
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yes. You've never heard of people riding a bike to the office before? How is this a foreign subject to you?
    Maybe.  I do not live in a big city or a very pedestrian oriented city so I do not know the true number of people who do it.  I personally have never seen anyone do it.  But, if you cannot watch that video and realize it was nothing more than a staged photo op, I cannot help you.

Who cares,  again.  You focus on all the wrong things.  It's clear you're stepped deep into the Breitbart world of stupid culture war crap.  Let us know when you have a substantive argument to make.
    edited April 2021
    https://www.snopes.com/fact-check/pete-buttigieg-bike-suv/

He rode to the meeting and rode his bike back to his office after the meeting.

Luckily for  @gvn2fly12 ,he wasn't wearing a tan suit. The uproarious laughter that would've ensued might just have knocked him off his chair and caused serious injurty.

Seriously man, give that Gutfeld show a watch. You will probably love it.
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

Maybe.  I do not live in a big city or a very pedestrian oriented city so I do not know the true number of people who do it.  I personally have never seen anyone do it.  But, if you cannot watch that video and realize it was nothing more than a staged photo op, I cannot help you.
    I've done it myself. I can assure you, people use bicycles. 

I can't imagine more stupid things to get worked up over than Biden talking about his son, and Biden's transpiration secretary riding a bike to work. 

chinese-happy.jpg
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    edited April 2021

He rode to the meeting and rode his bike back to his office after the meeting.

Luckily for  @gvn2fly12 ,he wasn't wearing a tan suit. The uproarious laughter that would've ensued might just have knocked him off his chair and caused serious injurty.

Seriously man, give that Gutfeld show a watch. You will probably love it.
    It's a full-time job debunking all the right wing bullshit, but it's all they've got because they don't actually care about policy.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    Have you ever tried riding a bike on snow and ice 12 months of the year? Its tough. Wear a suit? C'mon, man!
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

I can't imagine more stupid things to get worked up over than Biden talking about his son, and Biden's transpiration secretary riding a bike to work. 

It's a distraction from GOP fuckery. 

Plain & simple. 

Ahh, there we go.  The media has fact checked it.  My apologies. 

One thing though, the media would never lie or deceive would they?

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Conspiracy theorists don't concede, they move in and double dog dare you to meet the next challenge. It's exhausting.
    It's a hopeless situation...

Sure, all the media is lying, not you.  Snark. 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712

While I couldn't give a crap about Hunter Biden or Mayor Pete on a bike, I'm with you on this DeSantis thing. Even some prominent Florida democrats (like the mayor of Palm Beach) have been defending him saying the 60 Minutes thing was "intentionally false." DeSantis was a Trump lapdog bozo this time last year, but as far as rolling out the vaccine now, he seems to be doing a good job. And I'm not buying the pay-to-play allegations after hearing Florida Democrats defend him, watching that 60 Minutes edit, and hearing him defend himself and explain that CVS, Walgreens, and a church were all rolling out the vaccine before Publix. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com

Dude....you're posts this morning are deceiving and factually incorrect. Hahaha. You're blaming the media for something you are literally doing right now. lol

Are we on candid camera? Who the fuck is this guy?!?! lol
    chinese-happy.jpg
    tbergs said:
    Conspiracy theorists don't concede, they move in and double dog dare you to meet the next challenge. It's exhausting.
    That's the whole point. 

It's best to not engage & starve them of oxygen, or in this case, attention. 
    tbergs said:
    That's the whole point. 

I have a bad habit of engaging. Gotta stop that. You're right. It's like a disease that festers with more attention given to it. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    tbergs said:
    That's the whole point. 

I have learned recently there is an ignore button.  Don't worry though, this stint will be brief...  Until next time!  Or not?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    The smartest man Joe knows...  BTW, I realize there are a whole lot of left leaning folks here and that's fine, but if you watch this video below and do not laugh, you are too far gone.  Wake up and realize our WHOLE system is fucked.  

addiction has zero to do with intelligence. 

I can see how one might think so, you know, Don Jr and all. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

Please. 
    Honestly, I do not know what you are supposed to be talking about.  I just find it really funny that on the day Jesus left the tomb, the son of God, the MEDIA chose to give us the story on the son of Joe.  Who was on his hands and knees snorting parmesan freakin cheese out of the carpet.  Dear.  Lord.  And nobody finds that funny?

Matt Gaetz?  If he is found guilty of what he is accused of, he should have the book thrown at him.  I have never defended the guy but nice deflection from my post.

Did any of y'all see Charles Barkley's comments over the weekend about division?  I will post video below.  ALL of the establishment hates us and wants us divided.  What is so hard to understand about that?  My video, was nothing more than a funny video, and if you do not laugh about that, again, you are too far gone.  

this, we all know. this is not some deep state revelation. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mickeyrat said:
    Biden boosted by Senate rules as GOP bucks infrastructure
    By LISA MASCARO and JOSH BOAK
    Today

WASHINGTON (AP) — With an appeal to think big, President Joe Biden is promoting his $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan directly to Americans, summoning public support to push past the Republicans lining up against the massive effort they sum up as big taxes, big spending and big government.

Republicans in Congress are making the politically brazen bet that it’s more advantageous to oppose the costly American Jobs Plan, saddling the Democrats with ownership of the sweeping proposal and the corporate tax hike Biden says is needed to pay for it. He wants the investments in roads, schools, broadband and clean energy approved by summer.

On Monday, Biden received a boost from an unexpected source. The Senate parliamentarian greenlighted a strategy that would allow Democrats in the evenly split 50-50 chamber to rely on a 51-vote threshold to advance some bills, rather than the typical 60 votes typically needed. The so-called budget reconciliation rules can now be used more often than expected — giving Democrats a fresh new path around the GOP blockade.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer's spokesman welcomed the parliamentarian's opinion as “an important step forward.” Spokesman Justin Goodman said no decisions have been made on the process ahead, but “this key pathway is available to Democrats if needed.”

The prospects for a massive infrastructure investment, once a bipartisan source of unity on Capitol Hill, have cracked and groaned under the weight of political polarization. Where Biden sees an urgency in going big, Republicans want a narrow plan that focuses on roads and bridges, and warn that any corporate tax increase would crush economic growth.

“They know we need it,” Biden said of the Republicans as he returned to Washington on Monday. “Everybody around the world is investing billions and billions of dollars in infrastructure, and we’re going to do it here.”

The standoff almost ensures a months-long slog as Congress hunkers down to begin drafting legislation and the White House keeps the door open to working across the aisle with Republicans, hoping that continued public attention will drum up support.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell declared plainly on Monday that Biden’s plan is “something we’re not going to do.”

Speaking to reporters in Kentucky, McConnell said Republicans could support a “much more modest” approach, and one that doesn’t rely on corporate tax hikes to pay for it.

A core dividing line is Biden's effort to pay for infrastructure by undoing Donald Trump's tax break for corporations, a signature achievement of the Trump White House and its partners in Congress.

The 2017 GOP tax bill, which all the Republicans voted for, slashed the corporate rate from 35% to 21%. It was supposed to usher in a new era of American investment and job creation, yet growth never came close to the promised levels and the economy fell into a recession because of the pandemic.

Biden proposes raising the rate to 28% and instituting a global minimum rate to dissuade companies from relocating in lower-tax havens. Democratic senators led by Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, unveiled their own framework for an international taxation overhaul Monday that could provide an opening to Biden's approach.

“We desperately need reform,” said Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., one of those involved in the effort.

Shepherding Biden's proposal through Congress remains a work in progress, particularly in the evenly-divided 50-50 Senate, where Democrats have the majority because the vice president from their party, Kamala Harris, can cast a tie-breaking vote.

But a single senator can break ranks to influence the size and shape of the package. On Monday, Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., indicated he would prefer a corporate tax rate at 25%, lower than what Biden is proposing.

Seizing on Democratic divisions, Republicans have signaled zero interest in undoing the tax cuts they approved with Trump, and instead prefer a smaller infrastructure package paid for by user fees on drivers or other public-private partnerships that share the costs.

Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., a member of Senate GOP leadership, said Sunday a smaller infrastructure package of about $615 billion, or 30% of what Biden is proposing, could draw bipartisan support.

Administration officials have encouraged Republicans to talk more fully about what they dislike and would do instead, under the opinion that a battle of ideas will only help Biden gain support with voters.

The president has already met twice with bipartisan groups of lawmakers in the Oval Office, and members of Biden’s Cabinet leading the charge on infrastructure have also have placed dozens of calls to lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

Yet the White House has a fundamental disagreement with Republicans on the definition of infrastructure, such that any outreach is unlikely to yield an agreement.

"Infrastructure is not just the roads we get a horse and buggy across,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters at a Monday briefing. “Infrastructure is about broadband. It’s about replacing lead pipes so people have water. It’s about rebuilding our schools.”

That leaves Biden and congressional Republicans on a collision course, the outcome of which could define the parties and his presidency.

The GOP strategy is reminiscent of its Obama-era stance more than a decade ago, when the Republicans opposed the 2009 rescue after the economic crisis, framing it as government overreach that piled on debt — an argument they used in 2010 to win back control of Congress.

But it’s not at all certain the GOP playbook that worked more than a decade ago will produce the same political gains this time. Biden is banking on polling that suggests his infrastructure package is popular among voters of both parties, making it easier to bypass any GOP blockade on Capitol Hill.

Touring a water treatment plant Monday in California, Harris said access to clean water was about a broader issue of fairness.

With the state’s governor, Gavin Newsom, Harris noted that families in Iowa and parts of the Midwest needed federal help to upgrade the wells on their properties, while parts of California needed reliable access to fight wildfires.

“We must understand the equities and inequities of distribution and access to clean water, especially clean drinking water,” Harris said.

___

Associated Press writer Alexandra Jaffe contributed to this report.

I love how the GOP calls it a tax hike, when it will still be lower than anytime in history besides under Trump.  Not too mention the fallacy of lower corporate taxes helping the economy. Ask the average American how their paychecks have faired as corporate tax rates fell and executive bonuses went up. Give me a break. And don’t these people want to go back to when america was great again, you know when the corporate tax rates were 70-90% and the middle class was booming.  How can these people even breathe?
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    static111 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Biden boosted by Senate rules as GOP bucks infrastructure
    By LISA MASCARO and JOSH BOAK
    Today

WASHINGTON (AP) — With an appeal to think big, President Joe Biden is promoting his $2.3 trillion infrastructure plan directly to Americans, summoning public support to push past the Republicans lining up against the massive effort they sum up as big taxes, big spending and big government.

Republicans in Congress are making the politically brazen bet that it’s more advantageous to oppose the costly American Jobs Plan, saddling the Democrats with ownership of the sweeping proposal and the corporate tax hike Biden says is needed to pay for it. He wants the investments in roads, schools, broadband and clean energy approved by summer.

On Monday, Biden received a boost from an unexpected source. The Senate parliamentarian greenlighted a strategy that would allow Democrats in the evenly split 50-50 chamber to rely on a 51-vote threshold to advance some bills, rather than the typical 60 votes typically needed. The so-called budget reconciliation rules can now be used more often than expected — giving Democrats a fresh new path around the GOP blockade.

Senate Majority Leader Chuck Schumer's spokesman welcomed the parliamentarian's opinion as “an important step forward.” Spokesman Justin Goodman said no decisions have been made on the process ahead, but “this key pathway is available to Democrats if needed.”

The prospects for a massive infrastructure investment, once a bipartisan source of unity on Capitol Hill, have cracked and groaned under the weight of political polarization. Where Biden sees an urgency in going big, Republicans want a narrow plan that focuses on roads and bridges, and warn that any corporate tax increase would crush economic growth.

“They know we need it,” Biden said of the Republicans as he returned to Washington on Monday. “Everybody around the world is investing billions and billions of dollars in infrastructure, and we’re going to do it here.”

The standoff almost ensures a months-long slog as Congress hunkers down to begin drafting legislation and the White House keeps the door open to working across the aisle with Republicans, hoping that continued public attention will drum up support.

Senate Republican leader Mitch McConnell declared plainly on Monday that Biden’s plan is “something we’re not going to do.”

Speaking to reporters in Kentucky, McConnell said Republicans could support a “much more modest” approach, and one that doesn’t rely on corporate tax hikes to pay for it.

A core dividing line is Biden's effort to pay for infrastructure by undoing Donald Trump's tax break for corporations, a signature achievement of the Trump White House and its partners in Congress.

The 2017 GOP tax bill, which all the Republicans voted for, slashed the corporate rate from 35% to 21%. It was supposed to usher in a new era of American investment and job creation, yet growth never came close to the promised levels and the economy fell into a recession because of the pandemic.

Biden proposes raising the rate to 28% and instituting a global minimum rate to dissuade companies from relocating in lower-tax havens. Democratic senators led by Sen. Ron Wyden, D-Ore., the chairman of the Senate Finance Committee, unveiled their own framework for an international taxation overhaul Monday that could provide an opening to Biden's approach.

“We desperately need reform,” said Sen. Mark Warner, D-Va., one of those involved in the effort.

Shepherding Biden's proposal through Congress remains a work in progress, particularly in the evenly-divided 50-50 Senate, where Democrats have the majority because the vice president from their party, Kamala Harris, can cast a tie-breaking vote.

But a single senator can break ranks to influence the size and shape of the package. On Monday, Sen. Joe Manchin, D-W.Va., indicated he would prefer a corporate tax rate at 25%, lower than what Biden is proposing.

Seizing on Democratic divisions, Republicans have signaled zero interest in undoing the tax cuts they approved with Trump, and instead prefer a smaller infrastructure package paid for by user fees on drivers or other public-private partnerships that share the costs.

Sen. Roy Blunt, R-Mo., a member of Senate GOP leadership, said Sunday a smaller infrastructure package of about $615 billion, or 30% of what Biden is proposing, could draw bipartisan support.

Administration officials have encouraged Republicans to talk more fully about what they dislike and would do instead, under the opinion that a battle of ideas will only help Biden gain support with voters.

The president has already met twice with bipartisan groups of lawmakers in the Oval Office, and members of Biden’s Cabinet leading the charge on infrastructure have also have placed dozens of calls to lawmakers on both sides of the aisle.

Yet the White House has a fundamental disagreement with Republicans on the definition of infrastructure, such that any outreach is unlikely to yield an agreement.

"Infrastructure is not just the roads we get a horse and buggy across,” White House press secretary Jen Psaki told reporters at a Monday briefing. “Infrastructure is about broadband. It’s about replacing lead pipes so people have water. It’s about rebuilding our schools.”

That leaves Biden and congressional Republicans on a collision course, the outcome of which could define the parties and his presidency.

The GOP strategy is reminiscent of its Obama-era stance more than a decade ago, when the Republicans opposed the 2009 rescue after the economic crisis, framing it as government overreach that piled on debt — an argument they used in 2010 to win back control of Congress.

But it’s not at all certain the GOP playbook that worked more than a decade ago will produce the same political gains this time. Biden is banking on polling that suggests his infrastructure package is popular among voters of both parties, making it easier to bypass any GOP blockade on Capitol Hill.

Touring a water treatment plant Monday in California, Harris said access to clean water was about a broader issue of fairness.

With the state’s governor, Gavin Newsom, Harris noted that families in Iowa and parts of the Midwest needed federal help to upgrade the wells on their properties, while parts of California needed reliable access to fight wildfires.

“We must understand the equities and inequities of distribution and access to clean water, especially clean drinking water,” Harris said.

___

Associated Press writer Alexandra Jaffe contributed to this report.

I love how the GOP calls it a tax hike, when it will still be lower than anytime in history besides under Trump.  Not too mention the fallacy of lower corporate taxes helping the economy. Ask the average American how their paychecks have faired as corporate tax rates fell and executive bonuses went up. Give me a break. And don’t these people want to go back to when america was great again, you know when the corporate tax rates were 70-90% and the middle class was booming.  How can these people even breathe?
    In fairness, they want to go back to the era of the Great Depression. Corporate taxes were rock bottom and America was never greater!

chinese-happy.jpg
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    It's a partial reversal, isn't it? That makes it *not* a tax hike.  :tongue:

Falling down,...not staying down