2021 European Tour Announcement

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    drfox said:
    PJNB said:
    drfox said:
    Download cancelled, it is a month earlier though 
    Download was always going to be cancelled as pre June 21st
    Curious why cancelled though if July and August is a possibility. Why not delay it two months? I guess the gamble of the delay and inevitable push to 2022 anyways was probably too high to not just start over for a new year. 
    Download is at a motor racing circuit (Donnington Park) which is booked on most weekends in the Summer for motor racing events. Would have similar issue if rescheduling the PJ Imola show
    Makes sense thanks. 

• SpinTheLastExitSpinTheLastExit Edinburgh, Scotland Posts: 398
    PJNB said:
    drfox said:
    Curious why cancelled though if July and August is a possibility. Why not delay it two months? I guess the gamble of the delay and inevitable push to 2022 anyways was probably too high to not just start over for a new year. 
    Yeah exactly, because it's just too much of a gamble. I'll actually be surprised if Reading and Leeds goes ahead in August. 
    2012 – Manchester II
    2014 – Amsterdam I & II, Gdynia, Leeds, Milton Keynes
    2016 – Wrigley I & II
    2017 – Amsterdam III [EV]
    2018 – London I, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Barcelona, Madrid, Wrigley I & II
    2019 – Dublin [EV]
    2022 – Copenhagen, Hyde Park I, St. Louis
    2023 – Chicago I & II
  • HoccapukHoccapuk Posts: 493
    So Eric Clapton just rescheduled his European summer tour for the second time to summer 2022.  The dates and locations were similar to PJ.  I don't see PJ going forward.  What sucks is that for the Clapton tour they are allowing you to "cancel" but you only get a credit to use with the vendor.  Not an actual refund. Via google translate "If you are unable to keep the new date, the organizer has commissioned us as a ticket broker to process the tickets. According to the current status, the organizer has decided that you will receive an organizer voucher."
  • InsideJob75InsideJob75 Posts: 126
    PJNB said:
    drfox said:
    Yeah exactly, because it's just too much of a gamble. I'll actually be surprised if Reading and Leeds goes ahead in August. 
    Fully agree re Reading/Leeds.

Coming out of lockdown all industries being phased in ..... yet some people believe the first concerts back will be huge mass attended outdoor festivals!!. Can't think why.  I think smaller 500-1000 capacity venues may hold the first concerts back in the UK.
    Dublin '06, Lisbon 1 '06, Lisbon 2 '06, London '07, Manchester '09, London '09, Dublin '10, Belfast '10, London '10, Manchester 1 '12, Manchester 2 '12, Berlin 1 '12, Berlin 2 '12, Amsterdam 1 '14, Amsterdam 2 '14, Berlin '14, Leeds '14, London 1 '18, Prague '18, Krakow '18, Berlin '18, London 2 '18, London 1 '22, London 2 '22, Budapest '22, Amsterdam 2 '22
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    Hoccapuk said:
    So Eric Clapton just rescheduled his European summer tour for the second time to summer 2022.  The dates and locations were similar to PJ.  I don't see PJ going forward.  What sucks is that for the Clapton tour they are allowing you to "cancel" but you only get a credit to use with the vendor.  Not an actual refund. Via google translate "If you are unable to keep the new date, the organizer has commissioned us as a ticket broker to process the tickets. According to the current status, the organizer has decided that you will receive an organizer voucher."
    The credit would add insult to injury, particularly if they materially change the order of the shows again.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,130
    Hoccapuk said:
    The credit would add insult to injury, particularly if they materially change the order of the shows again.  
    Doubt 10C would do that but ticket agencies might. I have vienna non 10C and think that's a possibility. 
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    JPPJ84 said:
    I don't even know what concerts I have tickets to anymore...

... just cancel it now, if it is to be cancelled.

Let's all focus this summer on finally beating Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    You have Prague with me and no, we don’t want that canceled!!! :tongue:

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Hoccapuk said:
    Doubt 10C would do that but ticket agencies might. I have vienna non 10C and think that's a possibility. 
    Yep, Vienna only gave vouchers during the first round 
    edited March 2021
    JPPJ84 said:
    I don't even know what concerts I have tickets to anymore...

... just cancel it now, if it is to be cancelled.

Let's all focus this summer on finally beating Zelda: Breath of the Wild
    You have Prague with me and no, we don’t want that canceled!!! :tongue:

:D
    JPPJ84 said:
    Hoccapuk said:
    I have the insurance thing no idea if it will be valid
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    JPPJ84 said:
    Hoccapuk said:
    Yeah Vienna venue only offered me vouchers. Not going to be much good to me if the show gets cancelled completely or I cant go next year (who knows what travel restrictions there might be). Ive pretty much written off the ticket price. Might be possible to claim on Credit Card. Does anyone know, can the tickets be used by someone else?
    FR181798 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    Hoccapuk said:
    Yeah Vienna venue only offered me vouchers. Not going to be much good to me if the show gets cancelled completely or I cant go next year (who knows what travel restrictions there might be). Ive pretty much written off the ticket price. Might be possible to claim on Credit Card. Does anyone know, can the tickets be used by someone else?
    Regular tickets yes, I think. They’re not personalized 
    Vienna can be sold to someone here for sure. If you have shit seats then you will have trouble selling but if there are golden circle or decent reserved you should be ok. 
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited March 2021
    I’ll be requesting a 10c refund for Prague but will have to figure out how to get one through Ticketmaster Poland for Krakow

Sadly, I have a 5 week break in between jobs this summer that I won’t have in 2022, so this was my only shot at Europe shows anytime soon
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
    PJNB said:
    Vienna can be sold to someone here for sure. If you have shit seats then you will have trouble selling but if there are golden circle or decent reserved you should be ok. 
    Yes still hoping i can make all dates, was thinking more if its cancelled completely 
    I’ll be requesting a 10c refund for Prague but will have to figure out how to get one through Ticketmaster Poland for Krakow

Sadly, I have a 5 week break in between jobs this summer that I won’t have in 2022, so this was my only shot at Europe shows anytime soon
    Sorry to hear that man. If it was me I would still hold them till the last moment for cancellation but it sounds like you know what 2022 has in store for you work wise. 
    PJNB said:
    Yes still hoping i can make all dates, was thinking more if its cancelled completely 
    Never thought of that. Definitely vote for another push until 2022 now. Also I wonder if management is looking at the handful of arena shows that did not sell the best and thinking of cutting some of them. 
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Never thought of that. Definitely vote for another push until 2022 now. Also I wonder if management is looking at the handful of arena shows that did not sell the best and thinking of cutting some of them. 
    Which were they Budapest?
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    Prague too off the top of my head. Maybe there was less than I thought and I bet Prague by the time the show hits is close to a sellout so maybe this is a non issue. 
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:
    It took longer but Budapest filled up quite nicely 
  • dresi_4dresi_4 Czech Republic Posts: 92
    edited March 2021
    PJNB said:
    Prague too off the top of my head. Maybe there was less than I thought and I bet Prague by the time the show hits is close to a sellout so maybe this is a non issue. 
    Prague had such a great vibe last time that I hope they keep it. It hasn't been selling well but adding a show in the middle of pandemic probably didn't help. There was a lot of scepticism around it and in the end it was justified. I have no doubt it will sell out next year.

Primavera 21 which was eyeing September was cancelled today.
    Post edited by dresi_4 on
    2014 Vienna
    2018 Prague, Krakow
    2022 Krakow, Prague
  • Muffin The MuleMuffin The Mule Amersham, Bucks Posts: 427

Do you know if the ticket is transferrable by e-mail or is it named ticketholder only?
    Brixton Academy 14/7/93, Wembley Arena 29/5/00, Wembley Arena 18/6/07, London O2 18/8/09, Hyde Park 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12, Arras 30/6/12, Werchter 5/7/14, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Mexico City 28/11/15, Toronto 10/5/16, Toronto 12/5/16,  Amsterdam 12/6/18, Amsterdam 13/6/18, London 18/6/18, Werchter 7/7/18, London 17/7/18, Werchter 30/6/22, London 8/7/22, London 9/7/22, Budapest 12/7/22, Prague 22/7/22, Amsterdam 24/7/22, Amsterdam 25/7/22, Manchester 25/6/24, London 29/6/2024, Berlin 2/7/24, Berlin 3/7/24 
    dresi_4 said:
    PJNB said:
    Prague had such a great vibe last time that I hope they keep it. It hasn't been selling well but adding a show in the middle of pandemic probably didn't help. There was a lot of scepticism around it and in the end it was justified. I have no doubt it will sell out next year.

Primavera 21 which was eyeing September was cancelled today.
    Ya for sure it will once things settle down and confidence in shows actually happening finally starts to build. 2018 Prague was a fun pit to be in. Surrounded by lots of people on this forum and the line was super chill too. 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    PJNB said:
    TBH I cant quite remember where my seat is, all I remember is that if you are looking at the stage its one of the sections to the left. Maybe 3rd closest to stage but front row of the section so no one sitting in front.
    Does anyone think there’s a scenario where only BST (of the Euro tour) proceeds? Factors: outdoors, higher vaccination rate in UK, was sold separately to begin with, and would allow an O2 stop next year with the rest of the indoor shows? 
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 268
    I'd love it but can't see it. It also seems that BST may be moving to September. Which would probably give the band a contractual opportunity to drop out without any legal implications. 
  • beano.79beano.79 Posts: 635
    If it was moved to September I'm not sure the band would want to turn down the opportunity to play 2 nights Infront of 50,000 people providing it is safe. Bands travel across the world to headline certain festivals all the time, regardless of full scale tours or not.
    They may indeed have several million reasons to do so.  

• Does anyone think there’s a scenario where only BST (of the Euro tour) proceeds? Factors: outdoors, higher vaccination rate in UK, was sold separately to begin with, and would allow an O2 stop next year with the rest of the indoor shows? 
    Further North would be better than the O2 if they did do BST 😀
    4784495 - Thomas 9
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 268
    edited March 2021
    BST is the only festival that hasn't made a statement following the UK Gov's publication of its timeline - all the others have either cancelled, rescheduled for later in the year or have confirmed that they're continuing as planned. The delay makes me think that a move to September could indeed be on the cards.
This discussion has been closed.