Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    hashbrown? LOL
    It's from the show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khRMXuVi6tg
    Now i'm sure 101%..lol
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    edited January 2021
    Binged Cobra Kai season 3 today. I liked it a lot. Actually think it may have been better than last season. Ending was really good I thought.
    I loved it. We watched every episode on Saturday. First time I’ve ever binged a full season of something like that in a day. 
    I'm 3 or 4 episodes in. Can already tell it's better than the second season. 
    It definitely is. I'm very impressed. Remember, those first two seasons were shot and aired like two years ago. Once it caught fire on Netflix, there was a lot of pressure to live up to the hype, and I think they exceeded it. I won't spoil anything plot-wise since you're about halfway through. But the Kreese backstory climax and the setup for season 4 are very well done. 
    I really liked how 3 ended. Just finished last night. The music especially in the last episode was on point! 
    The season kind of slowed up midway through when Daniel went to Japan. But I liked it. 

Elisabeth Shue doesn't look too shabby for pushing 60 either. Pleasant surprise!

Edit---The Kreese stuff is annoying to me. Obviously he has to be there. But the fucking guy has got to be in his 70's and he's kicking the asses of big dudes half his age? That was weak. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
    hashbrown? LOL
    It's from the show...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khRMXuVi6tg
    SEND IT TO THE INTERNET!
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,710
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,448
    We finished season 3 last weekend, and while I liked it and am looking forward to season 4, there is one thing that bugs me. EVERYBODY is doing karate now. The nerds, the jocks, you name it and they are out kicking people. Next season it will be the teachers and lunch ladies. It reminds me of Arrow and Flash. After the shows had been on a few seasons, everyone was running around fighting crime with weapons or newly discovered super powers.  
  • History of Swear Words.  Loved it.  great opening, lol.
    https://youtu.be/XByiHpUvrj0
  • markymark550markymark550 Columbia, SC Posts: 5,103
    History of Swear Words.  Loved it.  great opening, lol.
    I've watched the first 2 episodes. Very entertaining. 
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited January 2021
    Binged Cobra Kai season 3 today. I liked it a lot. Actually think it may have been better than last season. Ending was really good I thought.
    I loved it. We watched every episode on Saturday. First time I’ve ever binged a full season of something like that in a day. 
    I'm 3 or 4 episodes in. Can already tell it's better than the second season. 
    It definitely is. I'm very impressed. Remember, those first two seasons were shot and aired like two years ago. Once it caught fire on Netflix, there was a lot of pressure to live up to the hype, and I think they exceeded it. I won't spoil anything plot-wise since you're about halfway through. But the Kreese backstory climax and the setup for season 4 are very well done. 
    I really liked how 3 ended. Just finished last night. The music especially in the last episode was on point! 
    The season kind of slowed up midway through when Daniel went to Japan. But I liked it. 

Elisabeth Shue doesn't look too shabby for pushing 60 either. Pleasant surprise!

Edit---The Kreese stuff is annoying to me. Obviously he has to be there. But the fucking guy has got to be in his 70's and he's kicking the asses of big dudes half his age? That was weak. 
    I liked all the Kreese stuff with the exception of just that: him fighting. Especially in the climatic scene in the final episode when it was so obviously a stunt-double. But the evil karate guy stuff still works, and now having Robby side with him is pretty cool. And I loved "woke" Kreese at the hearing to get the tournament back on. 

Daniel: But councilwoman Roberts...….
    Kreese: Hey....it's councilPERSON Roberts.

And I agree Daniel in Japan kinda slowed things down, but I too enjoyed it. We had a good laugh actually at Daniel being disappointed that the village had been "Americanized" with so many stores and commerce. So these people are supposed to live in huts for centuries while Daniel owns a lucrative car dealership? 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    that looks fucking great. gonna smoke one and watch this weekend. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• History of Swear Words.  Loved it.  great opening, lol.
    Enjoy.

I'll tell you this, FUCK was not what I thought it came from!
    Enjoy.

I'll tell you this, FUCK was not what I thought it came from!
    The king story was in my knowledge all this time..lol
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    Dark. S 1, Ep 7

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    The best show right now..

https://youtu.be/ga0iTWXCGa0
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

• The Queen’s Gambit is really good. Didn’t think I’d like it but I do. Even been playing a little online chess because of it. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Anyone watch The Sinner? I started it years ago and gave up on it. Finally finished all episodes while on the rowing machine this week. It was really well done. Pullman is fantastic and Jessica Biel...always been a fan. 

Looking forward to getting into season 2 soon. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    Started it when it first came on and stopped.  My wife watched it, will have to let her know new ones are out 
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936
    The Cecil Hotel doc is really good.  A bit stretched out but well done.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • The Cecil Hotel doc is really good.  A bit stretched out but well done.
    "A bit stretched out" to say the least. I found the story somewhat interesting, but I didn't think the documentary was very good. Partially for what you're saying...it's way too long. It could've been a single episode, maybe about an hour and a half. Give me the history of the hotel, some analysis of the elevator video, and then get to the point. But my God, leave out her tumblr posts, the pathetic "web sleuths," and conspiracy theories like the death metal singer possibly being the culprit, I couldn't believe how they went about it. It's like they wanted to make a doc about a supernatural, evil hotel, but all they had to work with was a tourist who drowned in a water tank, and the LAPD was too dumb to locate her body in a timely manner. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
  • BIGDaddyWilBIGDaddyWil Michigan Posts: 3,027
    ^^^^^^^^^ Totally agree!
    Pine Knob Music Theatre - Jul 31, 1992 Crisler Arena - Mar 20, 1994
    Summerfest - Jul 09, 1995*Savage Hall - Sep 22, 1996The Palace of Auburn Hills-Aug 23, 1998 Breslin Center- Aug 18, 1998,The Palace of Auburn Hills-Oct 07, 2000 DTE Energy Theatre-Jun5,2003,DTE Energy Music Theatre - Jun 26, 2003Sports Arena - Oct 02, 2004 Van Andel Arena - May 19, 2006Palace of Auburn Hills-May 22, 2006 Quicken Loans Arena-May 09, 2010
    10-16-2014 Detroit
    edited February 2021
    "A bit stretched out" to say the least. I found the story somewhat interesting, but I didn't think the documentary was very good. Partially for what you're saying...it's way too long. It could've been a single episode, maybe about an hour and a half. Give me the history of the hotel, some analysis of the elevator video, and then get to the point. But my God, leave out her tumblr posts, the pathetic "web sleuths," and conspiracy theories like the death metal singer possibly being the culprit, I couldn't believe how they went about it. It's like they wanted to make a doc about a supernatural, evil hotel, but all they had to work with was a tourist who drowned in a water tank, and the LAPD was too dumb to locate her body in a timely manner. 
    I'm sorry....this documentary was 100% pure garbage. They could have told the story, which seemed pretty obvious early on, in about twenty minutes. 

Why on earth would we care what some fucking jokers on youtube think? "Web sleuths?" The fuck does that mean? And all their stupid theories were wrong anyway. They all probably now believe in qanon. 

I want those nearly fours of my life back. 

Also, I think the director was the guy who did that Ted Bundy documentary. Is that right? If so, wow, what a terrible follow up to a really well done doc. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    I'm sorry....this documentary was 100% pure garbage. They could have told the story, which seemed pretty obvious early on, in about twenty minutes. 

Why on earth would we care what some fucking jokers on youtube think? "Web sleuths?" The fuck does that mean? And all their stupid theories were wrong anyway. They all probably now believe in qanon. 

Also, I think the director was the guy who did that Ted Bundy documentary. Is that right? If so, wow, what a terrible follow up to a really well done doc. 

Glad I saw this before I watched.  Have not watched the Night Stalker one yet, either. 
    Love these types but don't need to waste time on the poorly done ones.
  • The Cecil Hotel doc is really good.  A bit stretched out but well done.

Glad I saw this before I watched.  Have not watched the Night Stalker one yet, either. 
    I thought Night Stalker was good. Cecil Hotel wasn't. I took a day off of work the day after I got the 2nd Covid vaccine because I wasn't feeling well. So I thought a four-part Netflix doc was a perfect way to spend the day. If I wasn't laying in bed with body aches, I would've probably quit in the middle of the second episode. But I watched on, and went from body aches from the vaccine, to a throbbing headache from the "documentary."

Night Stalker has good first-hand accounts from the two lead investigators on the case. Not creepy weirdos on YouTube that became obsessed with a girl they never met. And I mean OBSESSED. Not just trying to solve the case. Not just trying to exploit her disappearance for YouTube views. But some of them talk as if they knew her personally. 

I said in response to Gern Blansten that it "wasn't very good" but really, it's maybe the worst documentary I've ever seen. Check out Night Stalker, don't waste a second on Cecil Hotel. 

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    Good feedback, thanks.
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Night Stalker was good and well done.
    It's a hopeless situation...

I thought Night Stalker was good. Cecil Hotel wasn't. I took a day off of work the day after I got the 2nd Covid vaccine because I wasn't feeling well. So I thought a four-part Netflix doc was a perfect way to spend the day. If I wasn't laying in bed with body aches, I would've probably quit in the middle of the second episode. But I watched on, and went from body aches from the vaccine, to a throbbing headache from the "documentary."

Night Stalker has good first-hand accounts from the two lead investigators on the case. Not creepy weirdos on YouTube that became obsessed with a girl they never met. And I mean OBSESSED. Not just trying to solve the case. Not just trying to exploit her disappearance for YouTube views. But some of them talk as if they knew her personally. 

I said in response to Gern Blansten that it "wasn't very good" but really, it's maybe the worst documentary I've ever seen. Check out Night Stalker, don't waste a second on Cecil Hotel. 
    Yeah those weirdos at the very end we're talking about her as if they were part of her family or something. When in reality they spent years exploiting her death her for clicks on their dumb youtube channels. Horrible documentary.

Glad to hear Night Stalker is good. Planning on watching that soon. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195

Yeah those weirdos at the very end we're talking about her as if they were part of her family or something. When in reality they spent years exploiting her death her for clicks on their dumb youtube channels. Horrible documentary.

In Night Stalker there's even about a five minute segment where they throw then Mayor Feinstein under the bus. Weird to see her in the 80's and not just in her 80's.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    edited February 2021
    tbergs said:

In Night Stalker there's even about a five minute segment where they throw then Mayor Feinstein under the bus. Weird to see her in the 80's and not just in her 80's.

no, thst segment needed to be in there. SFPD and her fucked the whole investigation with that pc.

she jumped in front of the bus by herself
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    The Queen’s Gambit is really good. Didn’t think I’d like it but I do. Even been playing a little online chess because of it. 
    I appreciate the constraint demonstrated to not overtell the story. Simply and beautifully executed.