How often do you listen to Gigaton?

How often do you listen to Gigaton? 182 votes

Daily
3%
electronblueigotid88maverickWe All BelievebizpleathermanD-Rod 7 votes
Weekly
28%
Vedd HeddFather Hubbardmcgruff10ZFieldshalvTHEBIBLEISTENon2legsdr. MowinckeltschavlastexitlondonMakingWavesdannyse7v7enCROJAM95hrd2imgnCarryTheZerokenshuntBloodMeridian80Go Animalpledgeagrievance 51 votes
Monthly
29%
darwinstheoryNewJPage2-feign-reluctanceHailHailVitalogydemetriosatomickidcupDoogiepjpitt89NWOntarioGibsonaustinevolution10Edved82goldrushmfc2006vest71ten-vs-vitalogydavidosPeterEDPeasant TentsBIGDaddyWil 53 votes
It's been months
10%
mca47smile6680bootlegger10PJammer4lifeno codepdalowskyBALLBOYFroggieWMAmoricanmattcozRS65573KM73780Kearn5yjstu39MRMACPHISTO75CO278952Planet of SoundSHZAxoannumGroda03 20 votes
It's shelved but I'll come around to it again
12%
faithful2youmy_wavequasiski-bumiOnlyownMymindHawk123BrainofBGACJ23113pjrussAW124797dankindeast_ia_pj_fandogmattbrewdog123False_BeliefMedozKrummyWeston12831ThoughtKnownnut 22 votes
I'll never listen to it in full again
6%
SchmaktTroubledSoulbazfromozpatkelly12static111joberschlakeKC138045RobbyD462weremin23nicknyr15tempo_n_grooveLiner 12 votes
I listen to a song or two from it here and there
9%
CantKeepmedownPureandEasyDukeSpiritThe Real MeOf The AggieNE18466mace1229Chasing FootstepsBLACK35jpgoegelmayerdF Me In The BrainJbarkerMatts3221rossstotherslmckenney24JeBurkhardt 17 votes

Comments

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,489
    It's been months
    I love Pearl Jam but after 30 years I don’t think they can release anything that I will be listening to for more than a couple weeks before putting away.  
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    After the first few listens I started cutting it to the first four songs.  I did mix in the full album probably 10-15 more times.  Now I am down to once in a while playing songs from the first three, maybe four cuts.
    Hoping that seeing it live will bring some of the other songs around for me....
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,141
    Daily
    Mostly daily.
    I miss igotid88
  • I listen to a song or two from it here and there
    After the first few listens I started cutting it to the first four songs.  I did mix in the full album probably 10-15 more times.  Now I am down to once in a while playing songs from the first three, maybe four cuts.
    Hoping that seeing it live will bring some of the other songs around for me....
    This is where I’m at as well...
    Ft. Laud 96, WPB I and II 98, WPB I and II 2000, San Sebastian, Spain 2000, WPB 03, Tampa 03, MSG I and II 03, Kissimmee 04, Atlantic City I and II 05, Mansfield I 08, Toronto 09, Noblesville 10, Alpine Valley I and II 11, Wrigley 13, Baltimore 13, Ft. Lauderdale 2016, Miami 2016, Wrigley 2 2016
  • tdawetdawe Posts: 1,990
    Monthly
    I’ve listened to it more, front to back, than any other PJ album of this century. Not because I like it so much more (although I do really like it), but because it hasn’t been replaced by any shows. In a non-COVID universe i shelved it some time last summer in favor of boots from MSG and Baltimore. 
  • hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,860
    edited January 2021
    Weekly
    Like an erection, it started out with a good hard listen quite a lot, but as time goes on the sensation of new tunes fades and becomes a more flacid once a week or two listen.  But like any album I love it when it comes on unexpectedly, but usually it is over too quick to appreciate and I am left sad and depressed it didn't last longer
  • It's shelved but I'll come around to it again
    hrd2imgn said:
    Like an erection, it started out with a good hard listen quite a lot, but as time goes on the sensation of new tunes fades and becomes a more flacid once a week or two listen.  But like any album I love it when it comes on unexpectedly, but usually it is over too quick to appreciate and I am left sad and depressed it didn't last longer
    Quit being so hard on yourself. 
  • I listen to the first four songs pretty often. 
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • Weekly
    Weekly. But with two little ones, weekly is considered top rotation. More often I’ll throw on a song or two. Lately it’s been Whoever Said, DOTC, Comes and Goes, and Seven o Clock. 
  • BALLBOYBALLBOY Australia Posts: 990
    edited January 2021
    It's been months
    It's been a while for me & not that I don't like it, I love it but with Covid ruining my European tour that coincided with my 50th It's on the back burner as I play more guitar than listen to music these days 
    Eastern Creek 95,Syd 1 98,Bris 2 98, Syd 1&2 03, Reading Fest 06, Bris 1 06, London 09, Hyde Park 10, Gold Coast BDO 14
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    It's been months
    I played it so much on release, I maybe over did it a bit, taken a few months off from the cycle, but will defo return to it in time. Still like a lot of the record
  • Kearn5yKearn5y Ireland Posts: 2,684
    It's been months
    Probably been the summer time since I listened to it in full. Since then, probably just the same few songs and that's been months ago.
    Kearnsy
  • TroubledSoulTroubledSoul Posts: 1,364
    I'll never listen to it in full again
    Comes then goes is the only song that doesn’t get skipped on artist shuffle 
    Yeh I've seen Pearl Jam, too. But I can't remember the dates.
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,449
    edited January 2021
    I bought it on CD when it came out, but only got the vinyl a little while ago. The vinyl came with a digital download, so I find that listen to it more on my phone when I am out running. When listening to the CD at work, I skip around a little, depending on the mood. 
    Post edited by JeBurkhardt on
  • cp3iversoncp3iverson Posts: 8,632
    edited January 2021
    Weekly
    A ton more than i did for Lightning Bolt or Avocado 9 months after their release. 

Ill play at least one song weekly.   Good album.  For them to make my 5th or 6th fav PJ album 30 yrs in is very surprising. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Monthly
    So much amazing new music out there, PJ isn’t even in my weekly rotation. They are my favorite band though, haha!  
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491
    First four songs occasionally. The rest are pretty much throw away. I am treating this album just as I did Lightning Bolt. I can't remember the last time I actually listened to LB in full. 
  • tschavtschav Posts: 2,759
    Weekly
    A ton more than i did for Lightning Bolt or Avocado 9 months after their release.  
    Same here. Working from home I've had to put more albums into rotation so every day wasn't the same, but it still holds up well. Also occasionally listen to it from start to finish as a running soundtrack, which is nice in itself to enjoy PJ while exercising.
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    It's shelved but I'll come around to it again
    A few times during the initial release, then it's been shelved since. I have to many other records that I like better.
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    I would listen to the full album once or twice a week for the first 3 or 4 months. Now I put it on about once or twice a month and listen to about 4 or 5 tracks. I can't expect another VS or Yield from them at this point. Still much better than LB, so this was about as good as I could have hoped or expected. 
  • Matts3221Matts3221 Posts: 658

I always fall more in love with their songs live than album versions , if the 2020 tour had happened and I had some bootlegs I would most likely listen to the songs a lot more.

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,624
    Enjoy every song on the album and still do not feel like there is a skippable song on it for me. I do not listen to it front to back anymore very often but when I get back to working out I will be. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Monthly
    First four songs occasionally. The rest are pretty much throw away. I am treating this album just as I did Lightning Bolt. I can't remember the last time I actually listened to LB in full. 

I think I'll do that today. It's been awhile. I might even be able to tolerate the Future Days.
    www.cluthelee.com
  • Tim SimmonsTim Simmons Posts: 6,865
    Monthly
    I come back to it every few weeks. But there is a lot of new music out there to get through too. Only so much time.
  • helplessdancerhelplessdancer Posts: 5,262
    edited January 2021
    how often? right now, determines nothing imo  :)
    i played the heck out of it when it landed 30 days late
    and before the tour it will be played a f'n whack more
    many many great songs on the cd. glass way half full on this one
    and i think someone said the new songs won't have any impact by the the time the tour re-starts... lol ...wtf?
    hell no...the songs will be more massive .. having LIVED through this f'n mess and knowing/learning more 
    everything has changed

• Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,491

I think I'll do that today. It's been awhile. I might even be able to tolerate the Future Days.
    Funny thing is as much I really don't like LB, I do think Future Days is one of the better songs on that record.
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586

Funny thing is as much I really don't like LB, I do think Future Days is one of the better songs on that record.
    Many different songs get different reactions.
    I like the first half of LB.  I don't listen past Swallowed Whole 
    Those last four songs are not ones I seek to listen to.  

The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • drakeheuer14drakeheuer14 Posts: 4,368
    Monthly
    Only song that I might decide to skip is Buckle Up depending on the day.
    Pittsburgh 2013
    Cincinnati 2014
    Greenville 2016
    (Raleigh 2016)
    Columbia 2016
  • maverickmaverick Posts: 1,181
    Daily
    Daily. 
    10 months from release date Gigaton is my favorite LP since Yield. 
    So looking forward to hearing these songs live, especially Retrograde.  The last 90-120 seconds are my favorite of the record.  
    Comes Then Goes is brilliant.  River Cross I love.  
    Seven o Clock is a masterpiece and my appreciation of it grew after hearing Josh explain how it was put together like lego parts from a two hour jam. 
    Quick Escape is another I’m really looking forward to live.  The guitar solo, base, and drums kick ass. 
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    Weekly
    Weekly for me. It would be more but on a friend's recommendation I jumped down a Steven Wilson and Gavin Harrison era Porcupine Tree rabbit hole and got rather addicted to having those albums on repeat listen. Fortunately the repeat listenability of Gigaton is much higher than the last few albums and I do look forward to putting it on as opposed to giving LB a spin for the sake of it.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018