Capitol Hill Riots

Comments

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    PJPOWER said:
    So if these deplorable Americans show up on the 20th armed to the teeth will the reserve’s fight them off? Wouldn’t that constitute the start of a civil war?
    I think it would be considered an insurrection...not that insurrections haven’t led to civil wars in the past...but I don’t think we are on the brink of a civil war just yet. 
    I would consider this more of a trailer trash uprising (nothing against those that reside in trailer houses).
    agreed...there is some polling out that supports that view.  

This is a "Gravy Seals" movement.  Fucking idiots with guns and camo playing army with themselves.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,284
     A ‘Stop the Steal’ organizer, now banned by Twitter, said three GOP lawmakers helped plan his D.C. rally
    By Teo Armus
    January 13 at 5:14 AM EST
    Weeks before a mob of President Trump’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, right-wing activist Ali Alexander told his followers he was planning something big for Jan. 6.
    Alexander, who organized the “Stop the Steal” movement, said he hatched the plan — coinciding with Congress’s vote to certify the electoral college votes — alongside three GOP lawmakers: Reps. Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Mo Brooks (Ala.) and Paul A. Gosar (Ariz.), all hard-line Trump supporters.
    “We four schemed up of putting maximum pressure on Congress while they were voting,” Alexander said in a since-deleted video on Periscope highlighted by the Project on Government Oversight, an investigative nonprofit. The plan, he said, was to “change the hearts and the minds of Republicans who were in that body, hearing our loud roar from outside.”
    After riots inside the Capitol left five people dead — and Alexander and his group were banned from Twitter this week — those three GOP lawmakers are now under increasing scrutiny over their role in aiding the right-wing activist.
    In a statement to The Washington Post, a spokesman for Biggs said the congressman had never been in contact with Alexander or other protesters and denied he had helped organize a rally on Jan. 6.
    “Congressman Biggs is not aware of hearing of or meeting Mr. Alexander at any point — let alone working with him to organize some part of a planned protest,” the statement said.
    Neither Brooks nor Gosar responded to requests for comment from The Washington Post. But in a lengthy, defiant statement on Wednesday, the Alabama lawmaker insisted he also bore no responsibility for the riot. Brooks added he would not have promoted any action that could undermine GOP efforts to block the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral college victory.
    “I take great offense at anyone who suggests I am so politically inexperienced as to want to torpedo my honest and accurate election system effort I spent months fighting on,” Brooks wrote.
    Videos and posts on social media suggest links between all three Republicans and the right-wing activist.
    Alexander, a felon who has also been identified in media reports as Ali Akbar, gained a large following by live-streaming monologues in which he professed his conservative views and support for Trump. Speaking to Politico Magazine in 2018, he called himself an “interpreter of energy for this period.”
    In June 2019, Donald Trump Jr. retweeted Alexander’s false claim that Vice President-elect Kamala D. Harris is not an “American Black.” The following month, Alexander attended a “social media summit” at the White House, alongside a number of far-right figures who had accused companies of anti-conservative bias.
    After Trump lost in November, the Daily Beast noted, Alexander positioned himself as a leading voice behind the movement to support the president’s challenge to the election results. He was labeled “a true patriot” by Gosar on Twitter, and on Dec. 19, the two both spoke at a “Stop the Steal” rally in Phoenix.
    “We will not go quietly. We’ll shut down this country if we have to,” Alexander told the crowd, later leading them in a chant of “1776.”
    Later on at the event, Alexander played a video message from Biggs, calling him a “friend” and “hero.” In the recording, Biggs said he wished he could have attended the event and vowed to challenge the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral victory.
    “When it comes to January 6, I will be right down there in the well of the House with my friend from Alabama representative Mo Brooks,” Biggs said in the recording. A tweet from Alexander, including the message from Biggs, was retweeted by Trump on Dec. 26.
    A Biggs spokesperson told CNN that the congressman recorded the video following a request from Gosar’s staff.
    By late December, Alexander said he was planning a protest outside the Capitol on Jan. 6. His event appears to be one of at least four competing rallies that had sought permits for that date. But far-right online forums indicated Trump supporters were preparing for more than just a rally — and Alexander, too, appeared to suggest protesters might do more than just wave signs.
    If Democrats got in the way of an objection from congressional Republicans, “everyone can guess what me and 500,000 others will do to that building,” he wrote on Twitter in December, according to the Daily Beast. “1776 is *always* an option.”
    At a rally the night before the vote, Alexander led the crowd in chanting, “Victory or death!” The following morning, Gosar tagged the activist in several tweets.
    Recounting the riot in a video on Periscope over the weekend, Alexander said he wished people had not entered the U.S. Capitol or even gone on the steps. He also argued the rioters had not necessarily violated the law, even though dozens have now been charged by federal prosecutors.
    In an email to The Post, Alexander said he had “remained peaceful” during the riots and claimed his earlier speeches “mentioned peace” and were being misrepresented.
    “Conflating our legally, peaceful permitted events with the breach of the US Capitol building is defamatory and false,” he said. “People are being misled and then those same people are fomenting violence against me and my team.”
    At around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday — about two hours after rioters breached the Capitol — Alexander posted a video of himself overlooking the crowd outside the building, claiming the majority of protesters were peaceful and praising those who didn’t go inside.
    But, he said in the video, “I don’t disavow this. I do not denounce this.”

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    mickeyrat said:
     A ‘Stop the Steal’ organizer, now banned by Twitter, said three GOP lawmakers helped plan his D.C. rally
    By Teo Armus
    January 13 at 5:14 AM EST
    Weeks before a mob of President Trump’s supporters stormed the U.S. Capitol, right-wing activist Ali Alexander told his followers he was planning something big for Jan. 6.
    Alexander, who organized the “Stop the Steal” movement, said he hatched the plan — coinciding with Congress’s vote to certify the electoral college votes — alongside three GOP lawmakers: Reps. Andy Biggs (Ariz.), Mo Brooks (Ala.) and Paul A. Gosar (Ariz.), all hard-line Trump supporters.
    “We four schemed up of putting maximum pressure on Congress while they were voting,” Alexander said in a since-deleted video on Periscope highlighted by the Project on Government Oversight, an investigative nonprofit. The plan, he said, was to “change the hearts and the minds of Republicans who were in that body, hearing our loud roar from outside.”
    After riots inside the Capitol left five people dead — and Alexander and his group were banned from Twitter this week — those three GOP lawmakers are now under increasing scrutiny over their role in aiding the right-wing activist.
    In a statement to The Washington Post, a spokesman for Biggs said the congressman had never been in contact with Alexander or other protesters and denied he had helped organize a rally on Jan. 6.
    “Congressman Biggs is not aware of hearing of or meeting Mr. Alexander at any point — let alone working with him to organize some part of a planned protest,” the statement said.
    Neither Brooks nor Gosar responded to requests for comment from The Washington Post. But in a lengthy, defiant statement on Wednesday, the Alabama lawmaker insisted he also bore no responsibility for the riot. Brooks added he would not have promoted any action that could undermine GOP efforts to block the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral college victory.
    “I take great offense at anyone who suggests I am so politically inexperienced as to want to torpedo my honest and accurate election system effort I spent months fighting on,” Brooks wrote.
    Videos and posts on social media suggest links between all three Republicans and the right-wing activist.
    Alexander, a felon who has also been identified in media reports as Ali Akbar, gained a large following by live-streaming monologues in which he professed his conservative views and support for Trump. Speaking to Politico Magazine in 2018, he called himself an “interpreter of energy for this period.”
    In June 2019, Donald Trump Jr. retweeted Alexander’s false claim that Vice President-elect Kamala D. Harris is not an “American Black.” The following month, Alexander attended a “social media summit” at the White House, alongside a number of far-right figures who had accused companies of anti-conservative bias.
    After Trump lost in November, the Daily Beast noted, Alexander positioned himself as a leading voice behind the movement to support the president’s challenge to the election results. He was labeled “a true patriot” by Gosar on Twitter, and on Dec. 19, the two both spoke at a “Stop the Steal” rally in Phoenix.
    “We will not go quietly. We’ll shut down this country if we have to,” Alexander told the crowd, later leading them in a chant of “1776.”
    Later on at the event, Alexander played a video message from Biggs, calling him a “friend” and “hero.” In the recording, Biggs said he wished he could have attended the event and vowed to challenge the certification of President-elect Joe Biden’s electoral victory.
    “When it comes to January 6, I will be right down there in the well of the House with my friend from Alabama representative Mo Brooks,” Biggs said in the recording. A tweet from Alexander, including the message from Biggs, was retweeted by Trump on Dec. 26.
    A Biggs spokesperson told CNN that the congressman recorded the video following a request from Gosar’s staff.
    By late December, Alexander said he was planning a protest outside the Capitol on Jan. 6. His event appears to be one of at least four competing rallies that had sought permits for that date. But far-right online forums indicated Trump supporters were preparing for more than just a rally — and Alexander, too, appeared to suggest protesters might do more than just wave signs.
    If Democrats got in the way of an objection from congressional Republicans, “everyone can guess what me and 500,000 others will do to that building,” he wrote on Twitter in December, according to the Daily Beast. “1776 is *always* an option.”
    At a rally the night before the vote, Alexander led the crowd in chanting, “Victory or death!” The following morning, Gosar tagged the activist in several tweets.
    Recounting the riot in a video on Periscope over the weekend, Alexander said he wished people had not entered the U.S. Capitol or even gone on the steps. He also argued the rioters had not necessarily violated the law, even though dozens have now been charged by federal prosecutors.
    In an email to The Post, Alexander said he had “remained peaceful” during the riots and claimed his earlier speeches “mentioned peace” and were being misrepresented.
    “Conflating our legally, peaceful permitted events with the breach of the US Capitol building is defamatory and false,” he said. “People are being misled and then those same people are fomenting violence against me and my team.”
    At around 4:30 p.m. on Wednesday — about two hours after rioters breached the Capitol — Alexander posted a video of himself overlooking the crowd outside the building, claiming the majority of protesters were peaceful and praising those who didn’t go inside.
    But, he said in the video, “I don’t disavow this. I do not denounce this.”

Can they be removed? Enough already of being scared of what the MAGA idiots reactions government needs to set examples of all these traitors! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    he's a dentist. he should NOT be calling himself "Dr". :get_outta_here:
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722

Trump supporter dead in suspected suicide days after being arrested at Capitol riot

A supporter of the US president who was arrested at the Capitol riot was said to have died by suicide.

A medical examiner in Fulton County, Atlanta, ruled on Tuesday that the death of Christopher Stanton Georgia was by suicide, confirming earlier reports.

The 53-year-old was also said to have suffered a “gunshot wound to the chest”, the medical examiner said.

He was found by his wife in the basement of their home in Alpharetta, Georgia, on Saturday, according to reports.

Georgia, who was said to have been a regional portfolio manager at a North Carolina bank, was arrested in Washington DC on Wednesday evening after taking part in the riot on the Capitol.

According to the Washington Examiner, he was charged with attempting to break into the US Capitol alongside supporters of the US president.

They had earlier been instructed by the president to march on the country’s legislature with “strength”.

Georgia, who pleaded not guilty in court on Thursday, was also charged with violating an evening curfew in Washington DC that was imposed after the riot.

He was said to have stayed behind, and did not disperse at a police request.

Officers were called to his home in Alpharetta on Saturday morning, having received a phone call from his wife.

According to a police report seen by the Daily Mail, she told officers there was "blood everywhere" and that “My husband is dead".

Police were also reported to have removed two rifles from the property.

The 53 year-old’s death follows that of five others who died following Wednesday’s riot.

They included a Capitol Police officer and supporters of Donald Trump, some of whom were said to have suffered medical emergencies, while one other was shot.

The FBI said on Tuesday that more than 70 people had been arrested in relation to Wednesday’s riot, with federal prosecutors expecting “hundreds” of others.

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    I think we're going to be see a lot of these people killing themselves. 

This is such a tragic and f'ed up situation. 
    do we feel sorry for extremists who have been brainwashed into hating america? 

you know what we should be doing? start calling these fucks what they are: radical republican terrorists. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mcgruff10 said:

Trump supporter dead in suspected suicide days after being arrested at Capitol riot

A supporter of the US president who was arrested at the Capitol riot was said to have died by suicide.

A medical examiner in Fulton County, Atlanta, ruled on Tuesday that the death of Christopher Stanton Georgia was by suicide, confirming earlier reports.

The 53-year-old was also said to have suffered a “gunshot wound to the chest”, the medical examiner said.

He was found by his wife in the basement of their home in Alpharetta, Georgia, on Saturday, according to reports.

Georgia, who was said to have been a regional portfolio manager at a North Carolina bank, was arrested in Washington DC on Wednesday evening after taking part in the riot on the Capitol.

According to the Washington Examiner, he was charged with attempting to break into the US Capitol alongside supporters of the US president.

They had earlier been instructed by the president to march on the country’s legislature with “strength”.

Georgia, who pleaded not guilty in court on Thursday, was also charged with violating an evening curfew in Washington DC that was imposed after the riot.

He was said to have stayed behind, and did not disperse at a police request.

Officers were called to his home in Alpharetta on Saturday morning, having received a phone call from his wife.

According to a police report seen by the Daily Mail, she told officers there was "blood everywhere" and that “My husband is dead".

Police were also reported to have removed two rifles from the property.

The 53 year-old’s death follows that of five others who died following Wednesday’s riot.

They included a Capitol Police officer and supporters of Donald Trump, some of whom were said to have suffered medical emergencies, while one other was shot.

The FBI said on Tuesday that more than 70 people had been arrested in relation to Wednesday’s riot, with federal prosecutors expecting “hundreds” of others.

Nothing says “strength” like seppuku.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,601

A lot of them are painting themselves into a corner.  They are isolating themselves from friends and family.  Many keep latching onto these Q happenings that never come to fruition.  I saw something where they think the military is going to take control of all media on Sunday and they are going to air confessions and 500K indictments from around the world in 8-hour shifts for 10 days, and then they are going to install some sort of global leadership structure.  

• mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,925
    If I ever get arrested, I hope they understand I'm on a strict diet of only filet mignon wrapped in bacon.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    @static111 seppuku?
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • MayDay10 said:

A lot of them are painting themselves into a corner.  They are isolating themselves from friends and family.  Many keep latching onto these Q happenings that never come to fruition.  I saw something where they think the military is going to take control of all media on Sunday and they are going to air confessions and 500K indictments from around the world in 8-hour shifts for 10 days, and then they are going to install some sort of global leadership structure.  

Bush’s New World Order coming to fruition?
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
    mcgruff10 said:
    @static111 seppuku?
    abdomen/belly cutting", a native Japanese kun reading), is a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment.
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

you know what we should be doing? start calling these fucks what they are: radical republican terrorists. 
    I feel sorry that so many of my fellow country men have been brainwashed by people they trust. 

My well of sympathy only runs so deep, I was told the same lies and saw right through them, but my heart is still broken for my country. 

With that being said, I have no sympathy for anyone who stormed the capitol last week. 

I also will not be surprised to hear about these suicides, at least not from people who are going viral for their foolishness. IDK how some of them will put their lives back together. 

I feel sorry that so many of my fellow country men have been brainwashed by people they trust. 

My well of sympathy only runs so deep, I was told the same lies and saw right through them, but my heart is still broken for my country. 

With that being said, I have no sympathy for anyone who stormed the capitol last week. 

I also will not be surprised to hear about these suicides, at least not from people who are going viral for their foolishness. IDK how some of them will put their lives back together. 
    especially if they are facing 10-20. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,553

Did Georgia kill himself (and may others do the same) because he felt bad about his participation in the riots or because the coup was unsuccessful?  My initial instinct was the former, the logical reason was probably the latter.  These people are that brainwashed.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

edited January 2021
    MayDay10 said:

Agreed. Privately I've been thinking that we would see some of these people killing themselves after the fact. As I mentioned in my last comment, IDK how some of these people put their lives back together after this. I also don't think the most of them will be able to handle hard time in prison. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,553
    MayDay10 said:

These people are incredibly deluded.  I mentioned a couple days ago a couple of women in the post office were talking in hushed tones about how ALL media was going to be shut down that afternoon and that they had better make sure they have at least two or three weeks of food stocked up.  I guess they thrive on this kind of shit.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• mcgruff10 said:
    @static111 seppuku?
    abdomen/belly cutting", a native Japanese kun reading), is a form of Japanese ritual suicide by disembowelment.
    We call it being gutted around these parts.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
  • brianlux said:
    MayDay10 said:

These people are incredibly deluded.  I mentioned a couple days ago a couple of women in the post office were talking in hushed tones about how ALL media was going to be shut down that afternoon and that they had better make sure they have at least two or three weeks of food stocked up.  I guess they thrive on this kind of shit.
    These folks are the 21st Century’s version of the 700 Club adherents.

Brilliantati©
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,412
    Here’s one for the Darwin Awards if this is true (only saw it the once so not sure how true this is).

"The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    Here’s one for the Darwin Awards if this is true (only saw it the once so not sure how true this is).

i kept hearing about this, but didn't know the details. who knows in this day and age if true, but that's just a horrible way to go if so. but hey, if you bring a taser to a "peaceful rally", something's amiss, and maybe you got what you deserved?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,807
    edited January 2021
    These people are genuinely surprised they're getting in trouble. I think that's very symptomatic of the cult. They believe that Trump won as strongly as I believe I have ten fingers and ten toes. They probably believed either that the coup would succeed and Trump would have them to the White House for hamburders or that Trump and the GOP would see to it that they would be let go. Imagine their surprise when they're facing prison time and Trump/GOP, rather than coming to their rescue, is saying that they're Antifa. I don't feel sorry for them, but they really have been indoctrinated and the fact that they think Trump would look out for them when they are no longer of use to him is evidence of that.

Also, to steal from a Tweet I saw recently:  They thought they were going to go into the capital, kill and/or kidnap Pence and Pelosi, Trump would be president for four more years, and they'd get on a plane the next day and then just go back to work and their lives. 
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin

i kept hearing about this, but didn't know the details. who knows in this day and age if true, but that's just a horrible way to go if so. but hey, if you bring a taser to a "peaceful rally", something's amiss, and maybe you got what you deserved?
    I don’t like saying anyone that died got what they deserved (rapists and murderers being some of the exceptions), but as things were happening I did say that anyone that breached the building should be shot, and (supposedly) this guy made it to the inner chambers, so in that sense it was what he deserved as well as the (again, supposedly) fact he was armed.

I don’t like saying anyone that died got what they deserved (rapists and murderers being some of the exceptions), but as things were happening I did say that anyone that breached the building should be shot, and (supposedly) this guy made it to the inner chambers, so in that sense it was what he deserved as well as the (again, supposedly) fact he was armed.
    yeah, being anti-death penalty, i lean towards that as well. but if you die while participating in a crime? maybe deserved is a bit much. but definitely no sympathy. 

imagine the embarrassment of when people ask "so how did your dad die?". 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,931
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Thanks for the clarification, so I have to walk back my last statement about this guy. I know it’s not a popular viewpoint here, but if he didn’t attempt to or actually breach the building he was just a protester in my eyes.

That said, the woman that was shot I still have no problem with, given the facts around her death. It’s sad that she died, but she made her choice.

This discussion has been closed.