Capitol Hill Riots

Comments

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    what about that brand new congresswoman who was livetweeting pelosi's movements that day? she needs to be fucking arrested.
    Yeah that was odd.  And she had just got done ranting at the mic about how people she represented were outside.  
    she was signaling to the mob where pelosi was. she was aiding them in locating her.
    She tweeted this at 8:30 Wednesday morning. 

God being on one's side makes everything ok, guys, jeez.  Quit being so mean!
    ;/

That lady is awful.  She does own a bar called Shooters, if that tells us anything.
    It is "famous for armed waitresses"

These people are the worst.  Fucking psychos.  Why you need to have a gun strapped to your leg when you are making eggs for some tubby bastards in Rifle, CO is beyond me.  Wish they would all try to find a comet to follow.
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • I'm finding more and more video that people took on this and it is unbelievable.

What I am trying to find more on is the girl who was shot.  Not sure why she got popped?  Anyone have more info on that?
  • MayDay10MayDay10 Posts: 11,604
    I'm finding more and more video that people took on this and it is unbelievable.

What I am trying to find more on is the girl who was shot.  Not sure why she got popped?  Anyone have more info on that?
    it looks to me like there was a heavy line drawn as there were some high-value elected officials nearby.  Like a turd she thought it was a good idea to jump through a broken window to get to the other side and someone opened fire.  
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    I'm finding more and more video that people took on this and it is unbelievable.

Are you referring to the woman who was shot trying to climb into a broken window? Google it, there is tons of info and video of her.
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808

they were breaking a window into another area. some type of officer (all you could see was their gun, hand, and part of the arm) was clearly pointing a gun at her, and she still felt it was a good idea to try to jump through the window. the person fired one shot. there is speculation it was secret service protecting a high value official. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408

hes a comedian for one, part of that liberal redneck crew
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,936

they were breaking a window into another area. some type of officer (all you could see was their gun, hand, and part of the arm) was clearly pointing a gun at her, and she still felt it was a good idea to try to jump through the window. the person fired one shot. there is speculation it was secret service protecting a high value official. 
    Yeah he was secret service for sure.  He wasn't fucking around.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • vaggar99vaggar99 San Diego USA Posts: 3,425
    I honestly need someone to prove to me that I am actually alive after reading this shit.  I know what QAnon is.  But, to see these words published by the AP.  I don't know.  I think back to my childhood days and all the stuff that I was taught in history class.  The stuff that I thought everyone was being taught and was expected to know to graduate.  Now I realize that some people you just can't reach.  So, you get what we had here last week....

https://apnews.com/article/us-capitol-trump-supporters-1806ea8dc15a2c04f2a68acd6b55cace
    "The insurrectionist mob that showed up at the president’s behest and stormed the U.S. Capitol was overwhelmingly made up of longtime Trump supporters, including Republican Party officials, GOP political donors, far-right militants, white supremacists, members of the military and adherents of the QAnon myth that the government is secretly controlled by a cabal of Satan-worshiping pedophile cannibals. Records show that some were heavily armed and included convicted criminals, such as a Florida man recently released from prison for attempted murder."

In good news Parler is down.  
    I'm not sure.  Now these lunatics have nowhere to go to express their hate.  Shits going to start boiling onto the streets
  • vaggar99 said:
    I'm not sure.  Now these lunatics have nowhere to go to express their hate.  Shits going to start boiling onto the streets
    I said that a few days ago and was laughed at.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    vaggar99 said:
    To me this feels like the argument that impeachment will only cause further division. There needs to be consequences, and worrying about how Trump or his base will respond to the consequences seems like a backwards way of approaching this.

There's more to be lost to inaction than action at this point. 
    vaggar99 said:
    To me this feels like the argument that impeachment will only cause further division. There needs to be consequences, and worrying about how Trump or his base will respond to the consequences seems like a backwards way of approaching this.

Yeah these people that are talking about "further division" need to be kicked in the balls as hard as possible.

Most of those voices are the same people that encouraged challenging the electoral college vote on Wednesday.  As if that wasn't divisive.

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    vaggar99 said:

Exactly. 

Every actions has potential risks and benefits. Certainly, banning people from Twitter and de-hosting sites like Parler will irritate a lot of people and may enrage a few of them, but the potential risks of not acting are likely to be much higher. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    2016-2020 Republicans: fuck your feelings. 
    2021 Republicans: UNITY!!
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2021
    vaggar99 said:

I'm glad to see tech companies taking a stand against this.  And I've been celebrating Trump's loss of Twitter account quite fervently this weekend.  But in hindsight, maybe it's better that we let the Nazis do themselves in over the next few weeks/months?  

You know what?  fuck em.  If they want to do computer, maybe they should have paid better attention in the free fucking schooling their govt provided them for 13 years.
  • vaggar99 said:

I really didn't think the first impeachment had legs.  If they do it again this time I am all for it.

Didn't AOC say that about impeaching?
  • vaggar99 said:
    Doubt it will be for a lack of mainstream social media platforms.

I would think the boiling started because of the mainstreaming of it through Trump etc and it accelerating everything.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    edited January 2021
    vaggar99 said:

I really didn't think the first impeachment had legs.  If they do it again this time I am all for it.

I don't know what AOC said, got a link?  

I also thought the last impeachment was pretty cut & dry & if senators had stayed true to the oaths they had taken, Trump would have been removed. 
  • 2016-2020 Republicans: fuck your feelings. 
    2021 Republicans: UNITY!!
    2016-2020 Republicans: fuck your feelings. 
    2021 Republicans: UNITY BUT WITH NO ACCOUNTABILITY!!
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    vaggar99 said:
    Doubt it will be for a lack of mainstream social media platforms.

I would think the boiling started because of the mainstreaming of it through Trump etc and it accelerating everything.
    Wonder if Whats App and other texting services are monitoring these people?
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    with parler down, i guess those people have to go to the trapt message board.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • vaggar99 said:

I also thought the last impeachment was pretty cut & dry & if senators had stayed true to the oaths they had taken, Trump would have been removed. 
    Nope she's for impeaching.  Now I forget who said that...
    vaggar99 said:

Agreed....they should have filed articles after the call with the GA Sec of State.  It's absolutely insane what this fucker can get away with.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094

Yeah he was secret service for sure.  He wasn't fucking around.

I am not sure republicans online complaining about their first amendment rights understand how close this was to being much much worse,

Video released by the Washington Post on Friday shows U.S. Rep. James P. McGovern of Worcester exiting the House floor shortly before police shot and killed a woman trying to get into the area.

In the video, McGovern can be seen being led away with others from the other side of a glass door that the rioters who stormed the U.S. Capitol were trying to breach. 

McGovern and others were in the Speaker’s Lobby — which provides access to the House floor — as the angry mob screamed at three Capitol Police officers guarding the Lobby doors to move away. 

As McGovern described to the Telegram & Gazette Wednesday and Thursday, chairs and other furniture had been stacked up against the doors to try and stop a breach. People can be seen pounding the glass, as he also described, including a man who nearly shattered it with several punches.”

https://www.telegram.com/story/news/2021/01/08/video-shows-mcgovern-exiting-house-soon-before-woman-fatally-shot/6603817002/

I like.  Hopefully more to come.  Always best when it happens in a public place like an airport
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,689
    This is great. Very Goodfellas.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    I know it's a Goodfellas homage, but I also love the irony of arresting white nationalists to a white nationalist's (Clapton) song.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    dankind said:
    I know it's a Goodfellas homage, but I also love the irony of arresting white nationalists to a white nationalist's (Clapton) song.

That irony wasn't lost on me either. 
This discussion has been closed.