2021 European Tour Announcement

Comments

• My thoughts on odds of PJ shows proceeding as currently scheduled:

BST/Euro:  1%.
    Ohana/SHN:  55%.

PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • CB254133CB254133 Posts: 153
    i take it you won't be going then even if there is a slim chance the concerts will be on?
  • CB254133 said:
    i take it you won't be going then even if there is a slim chance the concerts will be on?
    Well, considering I actually attended the World Series in 2020 during the pandemic, I will not rule out attending an event I feel is being put on safely. And I have tickets for Hyde Park but that doesn’t matter, of course, when the show is postponed or cancelled again because there won’t be an event to attend. 
  • I will go if the shows are on.
    But I do not see Europe happening. June / July is too early sadly. And I doubt the band will want to do Hyde Park even if they are allowed to do so. For the safety of their fans and also for the safety of themselves and families.  Unless the reason for two shows is that they are socially distanced!! 
    I really wish we weren't in this situation but even after the most vulnerable, there are major risks for the next few levels down. I think it will be seen as super spreader events that are not necessary compared to the economic hit.  
    12 week gap between fist and second AZ injections.... There just isn't time I don't think... Hope I am wrong!!!!
  • I will go if the shows are on.
    But I do not see Europe happening. June / July is too early sadly. And I doubt the band will want to do Hyde Park even if they are allowed to do so. For the safety of their fans and also for the safety of themselves and families.  Unless the reason for two shows is that they are socially distanced!! 
    I really wish we weren't in this situation but even after the most vulnerable, there are major risks for the next few levels down. I think it will be seen as super spreader events that are not necessary compared to the economic hit.  
    12 week gap between fist and second AZ injections.... There just isn't time I don't think... Hope I am wrong!!!!
    If you look up the opposite of socially distanced in the dictionary you will see a picture of the last Hyde Park show.  As far as the vulnerable being protected, the tricky thing is you can take 100 healthy people between the ages of 20-40 and one of them is vulnerable, and to date science has not provided a way to predict who it will be.  I desperately want to attend shows in 2021 but am having a hard time seeing how they pull it off by the summer.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

edited December 2020
    Luckytwn1 said:
    CB254133 said:
    Well, considering I actually attended the World Series in 2020 during the pandemic, I will not rule out attending an event I feel is being put on safely. And I have tickets for Hyde Park but that doesn’t matter, of course, when the show is postponed or cancelled again because there won’t be an event to attend. 
    Mate, you seem to be a tad put out that I dare to have an option that differs from your own; and whilst you're reading the future with such certainty can you have a quick bash at forecasting the football results for New Years day as I could do with winning a few quid at the bookies and of course I will buy you a pint with my winnings when we  attend the London shows whatever year they are held.
    Post edited by CB254133 on
  • Gravey1975Gravey1975 Posts: 268
    edited December 2020
    The timeline doesn't look good for BST. The only way I foresee it will take place is if theres a rush to reopen the country once the vulnerable 20% are vaccinated, which they certainly will be by july. If the rest of us wont get seriously ill,  there will inevitably be pressure from the sports and entertainment industry to get fans back, so you never know. But if a decision needs to be made about the viability of the tour sometime around April, I'd assume they will err on the side of caution and cancel.
    Post edited by Gravey1975 on
    The timeline doesn't look good for BST. The only way I foresee it will take place is if theres a rush to reopen the country once the vulnerable 20% are vaccinated, which they certainly will be by july. If the rest of us wont get seriously ill,  there will inevitably be pressure from the sports and entertainment industry to get fans back, so you never know. But if a decision needs to be made about the viability of the tour sometime around April, I'd assume they will err on the side of caution and cancel.
    For what it's worth I think you are spot on with all your points.  There are millions of economically affected individuals, I know what thread I am on but we are not just talking about a couple of PJ concerts, we are talking about a multi billion pound industry in the UK alone. This isn't about about some people making a few quid from a couple of shows we are talking about peoples survival and economic future, (sounds dramatic I know but try not having a, or a significantly reduced, income for the best part of a year).  Once those most vulnerable to COVID19 are protected I think there will be a huge rush to get the entertainment industry restarted.  Will it be in time for the Euro Tour?  Possibly not but I am more hopeful for the NA tour in the autumn.
  • Doubt this will go ahead now but i read that UEFA will make a decision on the euros by 5th march so that should give us an indication 
  • Doubt this will go ahead now but i read that UEFA will make a decision on the euros by 5th march so that should give us an indication 
    No way that UEFA are going to give the go-ahead. If they're making the decision in March then they've already made the decision as the vaccination programme won't have made much of a dent by then. I've got tickets for the Eng-Sco match but sadly I'll be at home watching that. 
  • pdalowskypdalowsky Doncaster,UK Posts: 14,664
    Doubt this will go ahead now but i read that UEFA will make a decision on the euros by 5th march so that should give us an indication 
    I guess they may decide to forge ahead with the empty stadiums so it might not be the greatest indicator. 

If they end up pausing the EPL season, and possibly european leagues (seems unlikely at the moment) they would be the possibility that the Champs League will have to be moved to the summer again like last year so god knows what that would do to the euros. The euros can't be moved to 2022 as thats the world cup scheduling, so it seems a real possibility if we lose football in the coming months that the whole thing could be pulled anyway
  • Interesting article here about festival organisers going cap in hand to the Government to buy them some more time for summer shows: https://uk.reuters.com/article/uk-health-coronavirus-britain-festivals/uk-music-festivals-call-for-help-to-survive-until-summer-idUKKBN29A2DW

• nando1979nando1979 Castlerock (Northern Ireland) Posts: 82
    It's interesting that Bruce Springsteen has said he isn't planning for any shows this year, he thinks it'll be early 2022 before things get moving again 
    If hope could grow from dirt like me, it can be done.......
  • FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    nando1979 said:
    It's interesting that Bruce Springsteen has said he isn't planning for any shows this year, he thinks it'll be early 2022 before things get moving again 
    Makes perfect sense. More and more I'm seeing that vaccines won't be widely available to the full population until September or October. This doesn't bode well for any PJ 2021 shows.
  • bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,490
    I think 2021 is toast for large concerts.  The vaccine rollout is not going to be quick enough.  
  • LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    nando1979 said:
    sounds about right. Bands will schedule shows that will end up getting cancelled or postponed.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • I purposefully haven't booked flights and hotels yet and have a bunch of EU shows booked. Seems almost certain these shows aren't going ahead... hope they tell us sooner rather than later. 
    "Hey Eddie, great show-- fuck you!"
    PJ - London 25/6/10, Manchester 20/6/12 + 21/6/12, Isle of Wight 23/6/12, Seattle 6/12/13, Leeds 8/7/14, Milton Keynes 11/7/14, Boston 5/8/16 + 7/8/16
    Ed - London 31/7/12, Amsterdam 27/5/17 + 30/5/17, London 6/6/17 + 7/6/17
  • tino_11tino_11 Posts: 1,923
    I purposefully haven't booked flights and hotels yet and have a bunch of EU shows booked. Seems almost certain these shows aren't going ahead... hope they tell us sooner rather than later. 
    Yeah, we've just booked refundable hotel rooms this time. I'm still waiting on one refund for a flight last summer! Not looking great at the moment for this summer. 
    2010: London
    2012: Manchester I, Manchester II, Manchester (EV) 
    2014: Milan, Leeds, Milton Keynes 
    2017: London II (EV) 
    2018: Amsterdam I, London I, Prague, London II 
    2019: London (EV)
    2022: London I, London II, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam
  • matt84matt84 Posts: 584
    I purposefully haven't booked flights and hotels yet and have a bunch of EU shows booked. Seems almost certain these shows aren't going ahead... hope they tell us sooner rather than later. 
    Yes, the Europe tour certainly isn’t going ahead. I’m also hoping they cancel soon and refund tickets like many other artists have done. Starting fresh with a new announcement of dates and sales in 2022 is the best outcome I think.
  • Will be interesting to see when they cancel. I'd guess early march, tho I suppose they may be forced to delay the announcement until the festivals confirm cancellation and I wouldn't be surprised if something like BST delay cancellation until fairly late - april/may.
  • matt84 said:
    Yes, the Europe tour certainly isn’t going ahead. I’m also hoping they cancel soon and refund tickets like many other artists have done. Starting fresh with a new announcement of dates and sales in 2022 is the best outcome I think.
    Agree 21 summer euro unlikely.  Disagree with outright cancellation.  Postpone again and provide option to keep tickets or request refund.

• drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,051
    Tricky situation to cancel given the amount of times some tickets have been traded. Postpone is better
  • PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,625
    drfox said:
    Tricky situation to cancel given the amount of times some tickets have been traded. Postpone is better

I agree postpone is better but the Euro tour is totally different than the US tour in the sense if you want to go to a show and get GA you could do all of the shows no problem aside from Amsterdam so getting tickets in the future will not be a problem. With the US it would be a huge headache considering the demand and the face to fan system that was in place. 
  • Give everyone the option of a refund or keep their tickets till 2022 would be the best idea. But we need to know by the end of March when the current refund window ends 
  • PJNB said:
    drfox said:

I agree postpone is better but the Euro tour is totally different than the US tour in the sense if you want to go to a show and get GA you could do all of the shows no problem aside from Amsterdam so getting tickets in the future will not be a problem. With the US it would be a huge headache considering the demand and the face to fan system that was in place. 
    Some people might have invested time and energy into quality reserved tickets in Europe that they want to hang onto.  

• JackD.JackD. Posts: 480
    You can‘t add shows to a rescheduled itinerary and then cancel due to the same reason you rescheduled. I think they had a backup plan from the moment they announced the new dates. Everybody knew it was / is gambling with 2021 so I take the new dates as an indicator there is a backup for 2022.
  • Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,617
    edited January 2021

First cancellation of summer 2021 ive seen so far
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • PeterEDPeterED Posts: 363
    edited January 2021

First cancellation of summer 2021 ive seen so far
    I’m expecting something similar for Osheaga, though it’s the first weekend in Aug so there is more time.

It was quite a surprise to see Red Rocks announce summer programming (dates as soon as May) last week. Is COVID not an issue in the greater Denver area?
    Post edited by PeterED on
    Barrie, Ontario (August 05, 1992); Toronto, Ontario (August 18, 1993); Toronto, Ontario (October 05, 2000); Buffalo, New York (May 02, 2003); Toronto, Ontario (May 09, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (May 10, 2006); Toronto, Ontario (August 21, 2009); Buffalo, New York (May 10, 2010); Toronto, Ontario (September 11, 2011); Toronto, Ontario (September 12, 2011); Toronto 1 (May 10, 2016); Toronto 2 (May 12, 2016); Ottawa (September 3, 2022); Hamilton (September 6, 2022); Toronto (September 8, 2022)
  • FirecloudFirecloud Posts: 516
    Heartbreaking as it is, it's getting harder to understand why they're not calling it now. There is no chance we're going to be in the clear within 5 months for any of this. Things are so bad we're not even allowed into other countries. Wide distribution of vaccines is months away still. The first 3 seasons of 2021 are a wash, whether we like it or not. And not the good kind of Wash.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Firecloud said:
    Heartbreaking as it is, it's getting harder to understand why they're not calling it now. There is no chance we're going to be in the clear within 5 months for any of this. Things are so bad we're not even allowed into other countries. Wide distribution of vaccines is months away still. The first 3 seasons of 2021 are a wash, whether we like it or not. And not the good kind of Wash.
    I guess they agree entirely but have to wait until governments make final decisions before they’re covered by their insurance 
This discussion has been closed.