Options

2021 European Tour Announcement

Comments

• Options
    RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,178
    The Werchter news is disappointing but completely as expected.  Hopefully we will get some certainty now.
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • Options
    aurelgugusaurelgugus France & Luxembourg Posts: 499
    PJNB said:
    Thanks for the info...so far,  they don’t even bother send a mail to ticket holders like me ...
    2012 : Amsterdam 2
    2014 : Amsterdam 1&2, Milan, Berlin, Werchter
    2018 : Amsterdam 1&2, Pinkpop, London 1, Berlin, Werchter, London 2
    2020 : ?
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    edited March 2021
    And first hotel officially canceled.  We all knew it was coming but didn’t want to admit it.

luckily only out about $300 in two cheap flights.  Could try to get credits I guess.
  • Options
    drfoxdrfox Posts: 1,069
    Not surprising. The only places with a chance are BST and the 2 US shows. I’ve accepted the shows on mainland Europe are not happening 
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,529
    I would think either all three shows happen or no shows happen.  If it isn’t safe for shows in the US then I don’t think PJ will play a show in the UK even if UK government gives the okay.   
  • Options
    I would think either all three shows happen or no shows happen.  If it isn’t safe for shows in the US then I don’t think PJ will play a show in the UK even if UK government gives the okay.   
    Agree, though I think U.K. and US are not too dissimilar in terms of the current and forecast vaccine rollout. So the situation in both countries is likely to be similar. 
  • Options
    The extra 2+ months gives the US shows the edge IMHO.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

• Options
    BlueLedbetterBlueLedbetter Posts: 1,147
    i agree having tickets for BST that being the first show back would be something but I just don't see it happening 
  • Options
    raindog80raindog80 Reggio Emilia, Italy Posts: 1,141
    drfox said:
    The only places with a chance are BST...
    Well, c'mon... 
    "I like beautiful melodies telling me terrible things" - Tom Waits
    pearljamonline.it
  • Options
    i agree having tickets for BST that being the first show back would be something but I just don't see it happening 
    I assume all of Euro except BST will be cancelled (postponed) shortly and that BST will remain a maybe for a while.  I am ISO a 10c for the BST Friday just in case! 

• Options
    whitepantswhitepants Posts: 719
    <blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Festivals 2021: Which ones are still going ahead? <a href="https://t.co/XAJgPbPFeq">https://t.co/XAJgPbPFeq</a></p>&mdash; BBC News (UK) (@BBCNews) <a href="">March 17, 2021</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>
    ~*~Me and Hippiemom dranketh the red wine in Cleveland 2003~*~

First PJ Show: March 20, 1994 | Ann Arbor | Crisler Arena
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,740
    Hyde Park on the ON list and not the hopeful list. Interesting I guess. Hope to hear something official soon.
  • Options
    Refund deadline put back 1 month 
  • Options
    abzmikeabzmike Posts: 25
    Email just came in advising refund request deadline pushed back to 1st May, while they continue to review the situation.
    Still more hope than expectation I think for this year.
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 577
    Yes just had that e-mail
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    AponeApone Posts: 577
    Apone said:
    Yes just had that e-mail
    "extended refund deadline as the safety of the European Summer 2021 concert season is reviewed"
    2006: Leeds; 2012: Manchester 1; 2014: Leeds; 2017: London 1 (EV); 2018: Amsterdam 1, London 1, London 2; 2019: Amsterdam 1 (EV), Dublin (EV); 2022: Berlin, London 1, London 2, Budapest, Krakow, Amsterdam 1, Amsterdam 2; 2023: Chicago 1, Chicago 2
  • Options
    Apone said:
    Apone said:
    Yes just had that e-mail
    "extended refund deadline as the safety of the European Summer 2021 concert season is reviewed"
    Sounds like BST (and maybe others?) is still under consideration. It’s the best strategy. See what the situation looks like in another month 
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,626
    Can refunds be requested for the added Prague show?
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    What‘s to review? BST is not sold via 10c and therefore not part of the refund program. The rest of the tour is very unlikely to happen.

Positive thinking: They need time to reschedule.
  • Options
    JackD. said:
    What‘s to review? BST is not sold via 10c and therefore not part of the refund program. The rest of the tour is very unlikely to happen.

Thats a good shout 
  • Options
    JackD. said:

Hopefully they will give the new Eurozone dates when they make a postponement announcement rather than keep silent for a few months like they did last year 
  • Options
    JackD.JackD. Posts: 483
    edited March 2021
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

Hopefully they will give the new Eurozone dates when they make a postponement announcement rather than keep silent for a few months like they did last year 
    That‘s my point. If they wanted to call it off, they could have done it today. Makes no sense to wait another 4 weeks.

So I expect a new itinerary before 1 May.
  • Options
    JABKJABK Finland Posts: 299
    JackD. said:
    drfox said:
    JackD. said:

That‘s my point. If they wanted to call it off, they could have done it today. Makes no sense to wait another 4 weeks.

So I expect a new itinerary before 1 May.
    Hear hear!!!
  • Options
    If they have decided on 2022 then they could have said so and moved the deadline to April 1, 2022, whether they had specific 2022 dates yet or not.  Perhaps it’s wishful thinking but maybe it means what it says - they are still considering if any 2021 options are possible.  It doesn’t seem likely to me, but who knows.  Stranger things have happened.  

• Options
    RyanRyan Posts: 1,016
    The delay in postponing/cancelling is likely due to the other festivals (BST, Lollapaoloozas) not ready to announce their moves yet.  If this were just a PJ tour with no festivals, like USA 2020, I’m sure they would have already pulled the plug.
    The Euro festivals moving to the fall sound like they’re hosting lineups with primarily European artists, so even if BST is moved to September, don’t count on Pearl Jam being there.

I just when they announce they are scrapping 2021 that 2022 dates accompany that announcement.  When dates are moved I am sure there will be another window for refunds.
    2003 - June 15 Fargo
    2005 - Sept 1 George, Sept 8 Winnipeg
    2006 - May 9/10 Toronto, June 26/27 St. Paul, July 22/23 George, Oct 21/22 Mountain View
    2007 - Aug 2/5 Chicago
    2008 - June 22 Washington, June 24/25 New York
    2009 - Aug 21 Toronto, Aug 23/24 Chicago, Sept 21/22 Seattle, Oct 27/28/30/31 Philadelphia
    2010 - May 15 Hartford, May 17 Boston, Oct 23/24 Mountain View
    2011 - Sept 3/4 Alpine Valley, Sept 11/12 Toronto, Sept 17 Winnipeg, Sept 19 Saskatoon
    2012 - Sept 30 Missoula
    2013 - July 16 London, July 19 Chicago, Oct 12 Buffalo, Dec 2 Calgary, Dec 4 Vancouver, Dec 6 Seattle
    2014 - Oct 16 Detroit, Oct 19 St. Paul, Oct 20 Milwaukee
    2015 - Sept 23 (Colbert)/Sept 26, New York
    2016 - Apr 28/29 Philadelphia, May 10/12 Toronto, Aug 20/22 Chicago
  • Options
    Ryan said:
    The delay in postponing/cancelling is likely due to the other festivals (BST, Lollapaoloozas) not ready to announce their moves yet.  If this were just a PJ tour with no festivals, like USA 2020, I’m sure they would have already pulled the plug.
    The Euro festivals moving to the fall sound like they’re hosting lineups with primarily European artists, so even if BST is moved to September, don’t count on Pearl Jam being there.

I just when they announce they are scrapping 2021 that 2022 dates accompany that announcement.  When dates are moved I am sure there will be another window for refunds.
    Fairly sure the Lollapalooza Paris is 100% cancelled as the French will not allow gatherings more than a certain size until after July. I think there’s only BST and Lollapalooza Sweden that are question marks?

There are a few US artists booked to play on the U.K. festivals that have been confirmed, but not many (eg QOTSA, Post Malone). 

• Options
    exileexile Dublin Posts: 82
    >>>>>>>> Pinkpop 2021 mogelijk verplaatst naar eind augustus | Festileaks.com

Pinkpop 2021

There is a chance that Pinkpop will take place in August this year. The organization of the festival has submitted an application to the Municipality of Landgraaf to organize Pinkpop from 27 to 29 August.

On the municipality website of Landgraaf you can read that Festivals Limburg B.V. has applied for an event permit. This is an application for Pinkpop 2021 on 27 to 29 August. It is not yet known whether the application has been approved.

Pinkpop 2021 is currently scheduled for 18 to 20 June. However, with these dates, the festival falls just outside the guarantee fund that the government has set aside for festivals. Pinkpop's organisation has already asked for an exception to be entitled to a part of the guarantee fund, but so far the government does not want to give a conclusion.

With the application for a new event permit, it seems that Pinkpop has given up hope of an exception. The advantage of a possible relocation is the further claim status of the vaccination campaign, which makes the chance of the festival going ahead a lot higher than if it were to take place at the end of June. Will we see acts like Red Hot Chili Peppers and Twenty One Pilots at pinkpop 2021 at the end of the summer? Hopefully we'll know more soon!

Pinkpop 2021
    Major Lazer - Pinkpop 2019
    Photo: Festileaks / Thijs Jacobs
    Pinkpop is the oldest annual festival in the world. The festival has a fixed formula: for three days, three of the biggest acts on the planet, supplemented by a diverse day program. And it shouldn't be much more than that. Don't expect giant fringe programming or fairytale locations. It's all about the music on Pinkpop: high-quality, proven music. Last summer, Red Hot Chili Peppers, Post Malone and Guns N' Roses, among others, would be on the stage of the Limburg festival. Red Hot Chili Peppers and Twenty One Pilots return for the 2021 edition. Pinkpop 2021 is also the first year without Jan Smeets as festival director. Mister Pinkpop will hand over the baton to his regular team this year, with which he has been organizing the festival for years.

Date:18-20 June 2021
    Tickets: 2020 tickets remain valid for 2021
    More information can be found on the official website.

• Options
    Interesting about Pink Pop and obviously no guarantees but that date definitely has me wondering about Pearl Jam going for two festivals in in Europe this year and two in the US. You have to think Hyde Park is going for the week after this. I know the likely scenario is nothing happening this year but if anything were allowed to happen it will be outdoor shows though the numbers at these fests is huge. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Interesting about Pink Pop and obviously no guarantees but that date definitely has me wondering about Pearl Jam going for two festivals in in Europe this year and two in the US. You have to think Hyde Park is going for the week after this. I know the likely scenario is nothing happening this year but if anything were allowed to happen it will be outdoor shows though the numbers at these fests is huge. 
    Hyde park has a 65,000 capacity so would be bigger than the Wrigley and Fenway shows
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    drfox said:
    PJNB said:
    Hyde park has a 65,000 capacity so would be bigger than the Wrigley and Fenway shows
    Exactly. If we were in a spot where no shows were announced and they wanted to do 20,000 in a 70,000 location I would be much more optimistic but if they are trying to run with the tickets and numbers that have sold already it is hard to think these will happen. I wonder if they are considering  to cancel all tickets and have another sale with limited numbers. Lots of fans would be pissed but if that is the only way to have shows this year then so be it imo. 
This discussion has been closed.