*** DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED FOR A SECOND TIME *** (392 days after the first)

Comments

• The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,139
    edited June 2020
    So....this new Russia thing is a little bothersome, no?

Yes. But will be old news in two days.  You were right in your posts above that he could kill someone on 5th avenue and Republicans would still vote him into office.  I truly believe that.   If I give the benefit of the doubt at all to Republicans they may do it and then impeach him so they can try to keep power.  #deplorables 
    It's a story to keep an eye on and I don't think it will go away. Liz Cheney of all people is asking for an investigation...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812

Yes. But will be old news in two days.  You were right in your posts above that he could kill someone on 5th avenue and Republicans would still vote him into office.  I truly believe that.   If I give the benefit of the doubt at all to Republicans they may do it and then impeach him so they can try to keep power.  #deplorables 
    It's a story to keep an eye on and I don't think it will go away. Liz Cheney of all people is asking for an investigation...

Last I saw, she was asking the White House for an explanation.  I'm cynical enough to believe "just making America great again..." will suffice.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:

Last I saw, she was asking the White House for an explanation.  I'm cynical enough to believe "just making America great again..." will suffice.
    Correct. Yeah she didn't call for an investigation yet. Asking for an explanation right off the bat makes sense though. 

Will be an interesting story to watch unfold. Curious how long it will be before a whistle blower comes forward...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    OnWis97 said:

Correct. Yeah she didn't call for an investigation yet. Asking for an explanation right off the bat makes sense though. 

Will be an interesting story to watch unfold. Curious how long it will be before a whistle blower comes forward...

Admittedly, I am pretty jaded by the history of "maybe THIS will be the big one" and it never, ever is.  I just can't imagine it ever getting to the point where Party of Trump turns on its namesake.  And that's got lots to do with the hold that talk radio and Fox News have on the base. The base isn't budging and this is why the Party of Trump doesn't really put up much of a stink.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • g under pg under p Surfing The far side of THE Sombrero Galaxy Posts: 18,120
    If he gets reelected I think I'll move and immigrate to Jamaica. It's not too far away, just about the same weather as here in South Florida. Find a nice island girl/woman and settle down on a mountain side with a pool.

That said, Trump is one of the reasons I haven't been on here as often as I once did. Anger and frustration sometimes gets the best of me, so i stay away in order to keep my cool.

As far as charges against him, not going to happen. If he's not reelected the country will be so relieved no one will want bother with the buffoon. Just let him fade away and burn out in outer space with his Space Force.

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

OnWis97 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Admittedly, I am pretty jaded by the history of "maybe THIS will be the big one" and it never, ever is.  I just can't imagine it ever getting to the point where Party of Trump turns on its namesake.  And that's got lots to do with the hold that talk radio and Fox News have on the base. The base isn't budging and this is why the Party of Trump doesn't really put up much of a stink.
    He was impeached without them once. Doesn't mean it can't happen again. The fact that Cheney is even bringing this up is a good sign. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    This story is about to take off. Not sure how or if he can be impeached during an election year but if this is all true, dare I say it’s worse that what he was already impeached for?

Buckle up, folks
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,476
    This story is about to take off. Not sure how or if he can be impeached during an election year but if this is all true, dare I say it’s worse that what he was already impeached for?

Buckle up, folks
    Time to hold some more hearings.

https://www.cnn.com/2020/06/29/politics/trump-phone-calls-national-security-concerns/index.html
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©

chinese-happy.jpg
    Well, had the whole "overturning an election thing" actually worked out for him, safe to say he would've been impeached for a second time later this year. Now, though, perhaps, the indictment thread should be bumped....
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    i don't think he gets indicted, at least not federally. it would go directly against biden's "let's move forward and heal" message. i know he also said he won't get involved in any decisions the DOJ make regarding that, but it will be seen as Biden going after trump. I would think he would be strongly opposed to that. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

i don't think he gets indicted, at least not federally. it would go directly against biden's "let's move forward and heal" message. i know he also said he won't get involved in any decisions the DOJ make regarding that, but it will be seen as Biden going after trump. I would think he would be strongly opposed to that. 
    Trump is going to give himself a pardon anyway. Any indictment will come from the state level. NY and now GA might have reasons to move on him.....like a bitch. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    Trump is going to give himself a pardon anyway. Any indictment will come from the state level. NY and now GA might have reasons to move on him.....like a bitch. 
    i have my doubts anything significant will come down on him even at the state level. this guy has gotten away with everything his whole life. i have no reason to believe it will be any different in the coming years. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    i have my doubts anything significant will come down on him even at the state level. this guy has gotten away with everything his whole life. i have no reason to believe it will be any different in the coming years. 
    But why is this? He’s acted criminally on all different levels just because he became president shouldn’t excuse him not being held accountable it’s absurd that so from now on any president can just do as they please with no repercussions! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    But why is this? He’s acted criminally on all different levels just because he became president shouldn’t excuse him not being held accountable it’s absurd that so from now on any president can just do as they please with no repercussions! 
    Of course it shouldn't excuse him. but the pushback on anyone that is going to be leading the charge to criminally indict a former president is going to be insane, especially with this guy and his cult and their penchant for violence. 

i think what should be done is congress needs to enact better and more specific laws to prevent this from happening in the future. for one: full on tax return audit prior to winning the nomination. that most likely would have excluded him from the get go. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2021
    An indictment doesn't mean he is going to jail, though. He could still get away with it. More likely they will come to some kind of settlement, I would guess...

chinese-happy.jpg
    An indictment doesn't mean he is going to jail, though. He could still get away with it. More likely they will come to some kind of settlement, I would guess...

i have my doubts he'll even be indicted. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    History will very harshly judge both Trump and this country as a whole over the last four years.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    edited January 2021
    brianlux said:
    History will very harshly judge both Trump and this country as a whole over the last four years.
    one would hope. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

If not, the future is more bleak than I can imagine.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,383
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

It depends on who’s writing the history book.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,408
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

the winners write the books....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

then the US won't be writing them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

Oh come on now. We'll get through this time...
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

you know what i mean. it doesn't seem like anyone is the winner in this. i don't think it's hyperbole to suggest it will take a LONG time for your country to recover from this. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

you know what i mean. it doesn't seem like anyone is the winner in this. i don't think it's hyperbole to suggest it will take a LONG time for your country to recover from this. 
    If it ever does, and its a big "if." The repubs' desire to tank Hillary means they sold their souls and have unleashed a nightmare. Someone like Tom "I'm a Warrior Hear Me Roar" Cotton or a Ted Crud in the Oval Office, with the smarts to know which levers to pull, may very well mean the end of our "republic." Those white nationalist evangelicals aren't going away quietly or easily.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Brilliantati©
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

I hope it's someone like Howard Zinn!

• brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

I hope it's someone like Howard Zinn!
    Unfortunately, he's no longer with us to write "The Horrid History of the United States, June 16, 2015 to January 20, 2021."

Brilliantati©
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

We will see. I'd probably think like that if Trump won again though. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    mickeyrat said:
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    Hopefully.

We will see. I'd probably think like that if Trump won again though. 
    I would have thought 5 years ago no way any republican congressperson would have gone along with this; they'd all dismiss it outright as seditious and treasonous and below any public office, never mind the presidency. 

I think @OnWis97 is right, that the GOP is only interested in one party rule and not the will of the people. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD