*** DONALD J TRUMP HAS OFFICIALLY BEEN IMPEACHED FOR A SECOND TIME *** (392 days after the first)

Comments

• benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,924
    I think a second impeachment could work. Republicans lawmakers could certainly use anything to recover from the fallout of supporting this lunatic for so long, and have proven their spinelessness plenty of times in the past four years. Seems like an easy scapegoat to me.

Thoughts?
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,295
    benjs said:
    I think a second impeachment could work. Republicans lawmakers could certainly use anything to recover from the fallout of supporting this lunatic for so long, and have proven their spinelessness plenty of times in the past four years. Seems like an easy scapegoat to me.

Thoughts?

except those who want to capture the cult
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,432
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:

Thoughts?

Anyone in the Republican party not supporting Trump is being labelled as enemies by the Faithful. I work in Indiana, so I am around Hoosiers all day. They have labelled Pence, Braun and Young as spineless traitors for not backing the coup.
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,250
    The end game should be making sure this POS never holds office again! 
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,103
    Could all happen next week

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,353
    Could all happen next week

It SHOULD all happen next week. 

Prevent the guy from ever holding office again, does anyone think that wouldn't be what's best for the country? 
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,807
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:

Thoughts?

Anyone in the Republican party not supporting Trump is being labelled as enemies by the Faithful. I work in Indiana, so I am around Hoosiers all day. They have labelled Pence, Braun and Young as spineless traitors for not backing the coup.
    It’s scary for our future.  But I can’t help but kind of enjoy watching the monster they created turn on them.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:

Thoughts?

It’s scary for our future.  But I can’t help but kind of enjoy watching the monster they created turn on them.
    Well I expected Trump to burn the republican party to the ground all along. Didn't realize it will take until the final days of his presidency for it to happen. I'd assume there will be a more viable third party formed in the coming years that will essentially just fracture up that portion of the vote....which, I'd assume, is good news if you are a democrat.
    chinese-happy.jpg
    SO....folks.....now that it seems there is some appetite (FINALLY) from republicans now that Trump is of no use to them, I wonder if someone will be able to convince him to resign over the weekend on the condition that Pence pardons him. At this point, I kinda think that might be the most likely outcome here. There are all these reports of him pardoning himself, but also constitutional scholars saying they are not sure if that self pardon will hold up in court. I wonder if someone can convince him this is the best way out. I mean, all he cares about is himself and not going to jail so...
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    SO....folks.....now that it seems there is some appetite (FINALLY) from republicans now that Trump is of no use to them, I wonder if someone will be able to convince him to resign over the weekend on the condition that Pence pardons him. At this point, I kinda think that might be the most likely outcome here. There are all these reports of him pardoning himself, but also constitutional scholars saying they are not sure if that self pardon will hold up in court. I wonder if someone can convince him this is the best way out. I mean, all he cares about is himself and not going to jail so...
    no chance he resigns. i'd (maybe) bet my house on it. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

I think the odds of it happening now are greater than ever.

Wouldn't it make the most sense for him at this point?
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,807

If he can be convinced that it's the difference between prison and no prison? Maybe. Otherwise, I think he'll view it as adding to a failed legacy and/or an admission of not being as great as he wants to be.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • tbergstbergs Posts: 9,188
    Doesn't a pardon only clear federal crimes? There's plenty of dirt for state charges. Why he hasn't been charged for inciting a riot that resulted in a murder is beyond me at this point. The evidence is all on video.
    It's a hopeless situation...
    edited January 2021
    OnWis97 said:

If he can be convinced that it's the difference between prison and no prison? Maybe. Otherwise, I think he'll view it as adding to a failed legacy and/or an admission of not being as great as he wants to be.
    Yeah that would be my point. Someone would have to convince him a self pardon is questionable but, obviously, a Pence pardon would be absolute for federal crimes. 

I think a 2nd impeachment, with greater odds of being convicted (which would mean he cannot run again) would be absolutely devastating to him both politically and economically. 

(I don't think he will actually run again, but I think he will grift his maga morons and bleed that well dry for as long as is humanly possible).
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg

sure, a 2% chance is greater than 0%, but it's still damn low. 

many things make sense for him over the last 4 years. he's done almost none of them. narcissists rarely do anything that they thing might paint them as a loser. 

the fucking guy still thought a week ago he could still be president another 4 years. no chance he believes he is going to jail. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

many things make sense for him over the last 4 years. he's done almost none of them. narcissists rarely do anything that they thing might paint them as a loser. 

the fucking guy still thought a week ago he could still be president another 4 years. no chance he believes he is going to jail. 
    Yeah, I strongly disagree with this. Huge difference now, with republicans calling for impeachment and a large portion of his cabinet resigning in protest. WH counsel is considering resigning at this point. The walls are actually closing in right now. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

Yeah, I strongly disagree with this. Huge difference now, with republicans calling for impeachment and a large portion of his cabinet resigning in protest. WH counsel is considering resigning at this point. The walls are actually closing in right now. 
    i've been hearing this for 4 years. 

care to make it interesting?
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Lol.
    If you cannot see that they are this time, I'm not sure what to tell you. 

How would you propose that we make the odds of something happening interesting? I am not saying it will happen. I am saying the odds of it happening are much higher than you think. 
    chinese-happy.jpg

It could be argued that the cabinet members are getting out before they have to vote on the 25th, so don't assume they're all jumping ship in protest. 

It could be argued that the cabinet members are getting out before they have to vote on the 25th, so don't assume they're all jumping ship in protest. 
    Doesn't that tell you they believe that the odds of them having to make that decision are high? lol Call it out of protest or call it that they don't want to make a decision on the 25th amendment....either way, it is an indication that the walls are closing in much more than at any other point in the last four years. 

chinese-happy.jpg

Lol.

How would you propose that we make the odds of something happening interesting? I am not saying it will happen. I am saying the odds of it happening are much higher than you think. 
    I've also been hearing this for 4 years. 

I see the walls are closing in. I'm saying Trump won't see the walls closing in, and won't resign. he has zero self awareness. He'd still contend his ship isn't sinking as his lungs are filling up. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

edited January 2021

Lol.

I've also been hearing this for 4 years. 

I see the walls are closing in. I'm saying Trump won't see the walls closing in, and won't resign. he has zero self awareness. He'd still contend his ship isn't sinking as his lungs are filling up. 
    And less than a year ago he was impeached for the first time. So you've been hearing that for good reason.

Reports are the the only reason he released those half assed videos urging calm was because lawyers convinced him he could face criminal charges for inciting a riot that lead to multiple deaths. 
    chinese-happy.jpg
    edited January 2021
    i'm aware of all of that. none of that convinces me he will resign. i'd be thrilled if I end up being wrong. I'd love for that to be his legacy. I just don't see it happening. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

i'm aware of all of that. none of that convinces me he will resign. i'd be thrilled if I end up being wrong. I'd love for that to be his legacy. I just don't see it happening. 
    I think the only way he resigns is if he's guaranteed a pardon, and since he can't be pardoned in the states... I don't see it happening. 
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,722
    No way he resigns.  He isn't going to do shit for the next 12 days except play golf and tweet.  
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
    I think the only way he resigns is if he's guaranteed a pardon, and since he can't be pardoned in the states... I don't see it happening. 
    and it would be the ultimate disgrace to his supporters. the constant message has been "strength" and "don't give up" and "fight!". turning around and resigning a week later would make him a complete failure, even to his own magats. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:

Thoughts?

Well I expected Trump to burn the republican party to the ground all along. Didn't realize it will take until the final days of his presidency for it to happen. I'd assume there will be a more viable third party formed in the coming years that will essentially just fracture up that portion of the vote....which, I'd assume, is good news if you are a democrat.
    Nah when voting time comes again they will all rally
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    What would they pardon him from?  Doesn’t a pardon have to be specific?  Or can they say pardoned from all known and unknown crimes committed while in office? That would be stupid. 
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    edited January 2021
    static111 said:
    OnWis97 said:
    mickeyrat said:
    benjs said:

Thoughts?

Nah when voting time comes again they will all rally
    Probably but if Trump causes enough commotion, it definitely could splinter the vote. 
    Post edited by The Juggler on
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • This will be forgotten in 6 months when covid deaths reach 600K and the Pat Riots fuel rumors that they were maced with covid gas as they stormed the capitol.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©