I just picked up _____ on vinyl!

Comments

• mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,603
    Just released.  KG mastered from analog tapes. This is the same version released by Music Matters, just 150 grams and $50 cheaper,  plus that was sold out.  

• GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,707

This is the last delivery I was expecting. I preordered this one. I think today is the release day. 
  • MedozKMedozK Tennessee Posts: 9,209
    mrussel1 said:
    Just released.  KG mastered from analog tapes. This is the same version released by Music Matters, just 150 grams and $50 cheaper,  plus that was sold out.  

VERY NICE!
    GlowGirl said:

This is the last delivery I was expecting. I preordered this one. I think today is the release day. 
    Nice, I have the vault addition coming, but I need to pick up the regular issue also. The track list is great.
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

Nice, I have the vault addition coming, but I need to pick up the regular issue also. The track list is great.
    I begged out of the vault last year.  I think the live Racs is my last.  What's the story on this release?  Are they all from the original analog tapes and are they mastered differently?

For me, the WS are all about the albums, so listening to a hits is like listening to PJ, Floyd or Zep, it will feel weird.  But if there's something cool about the process, I'd go after it.  
  • JeBurkhardtJeBurkhardt Posts: 4,450
    GlowGirl said:

Mine shipped today with an estimated delivery day of Monday. It wouldn't break my heart if came before then though.
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,429
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

I begged out of the vault last year.  I think the live Racs is my last.  What's the story on this release?  Are they all from the original analog tapes and are they mastered differently?

For me, the WS are all about the albums, so listening to a hits is like listening to PJ, Floyd or Zep, it will feel weird.  But if there's something cool about the process, I'd go after it.  
    well, my local is offering a small gift courtesy of WS that correspond to a song title.

_____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    GlowGirl said:

yeah, i would think this would be interesting to rabid collectors and casual fans. i'm neither; i like all the ws albums in full, not the singles. now, if there had been an unreleased track or two, i might be enticed. but it seems there isn't any more studio material left in the vault from the Stripes. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• pjpjpaulpjpjpaul Posts: 1,648
    mrussel1 said:

Mine should arrive next week. Great album.
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    Philly (Spectrum) 10/31/2009
    DC 2010 (Jiffy Lube Live)
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    edited December 2020
    GlowGirl said:

Mine shipped today with an estimated delivery day of Monday. It wouldn't break my heart if came before then though.
    Can't wait till my third man vault package arrives. Still kicking myself for never seeing them live. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:

Can't wait till my third man vault package arrives. Still kicking myself for never seeing them live. 
    I saw them live once in 2005. It was a great show. It was at the small baseball field at Coney Island. I was with my friend who was very pregnant at the time. We had general admission field tickets. We were on the field for a while, but she was getting too jostled, so we had to move further away in the stands. We still had an excellent time.

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited December 2020
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:

I saw them live once in 2005. It was a great show. It was at the small baseball field at Coney Island. I was with my friend who was very pregnant at the time. We had general admission field tickets. We were on the field for a while, but she was getting too jostled, so we had to move further away in the stands. We still had an excellent time.

I was at night one. One of my top five shows of all time. The way the music played off the boardwalk and the ocean, especially "Red Rain," was otherworldly.

It sucks that the conditions were lousy for your very pregnant friend. I made sure to get good seats for my wife when she was very pregnant.

I think she enjoyed those shows, though.

I mean, she cried the whole time. But that's what pregnant wives stuck with someone like me do. :bawling:
    I SAW PEARL JAM
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

You're going to be thrilled.  There's no way the SRX version sounds any quieter.  This thing is dead black in the background.  Amazing deal for $25.
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

You're going to be thrilled.  There's no way the SRX version sounds any quieter.  This thing is dead black in the background.  Amazing deal for $25.
    Niiiice. So many great titles coming up in this series that I need so I am pleased to hear the quality is stellar. Blue note has been knocking it outta the park with reissues lately. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    dankind said:
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:

I was at night one. One of my top five shows of all time. The way the music played off the boardwalk and the ocean, especially "Red Rain," was otherworldly.

It sucks that the conditions were lousy for your very pregnant friend. I made sure to get good seats for my wife when she was very pregnant.

I think she enjoyed those shows, though.

I mean, she cried the whole time. But that's what pregnant wives stuck with someone like me do. :bawling:
    We should have gotten seats. But I think my friend is the one who actually got the tickets. We were there for the Sunday show, I can't remember if that was night 1 or not. But you are right that the ocean and boardwalk being right there was spectacular. I love seeing shows at Coney Island. The newish Ford Amphitheater right on the boardwalk is also cool. I have seen a few shows there. Plus, you can go to Nathan's for a hot dog right after the show. Always a bonus.

• jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:

Niiiice. So many great titles coming up in this series that I need so I am pleased to hear the quality is stellar. Blue note has been knocking it outta the park with reissues lately. 
    I’m looking forward to these releases as well. Mainly the Cannonball Adderley’s Somethin’ Else and Grant Green’s Idle Moments. Blue Note is top shelf. They f’d up with the 75 series, took the feedback to heart, and have been aces since with the 80 series, tone poets, and now these.
    mrussel1 said:

I'm definitely picking up McCoy Tyner - The Real McCoy
    edited December 2020
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Is that a Blue Note release?

Blue Note,  Music Matters,  Verve,  AP,  Tone Poet, there are so many quality jazz releases hitting all the time. And honestly. Nothing sounds better on vinyl than jazz IMO.
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Blue Note,  Music Matters,  Verve,  AP,  Tone Poet, there are so many quality jazz releases hitting all the time. And honestly. Nothing sounds better on vinyl than jazz IMO.
    Yep, cut by Kevin Gray

https://www.discogs.com/McCoy-Tyner-The-Real-McCoy/release/16316769

mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree. It is funny to to say but I think part of it is the air/space that was captured so well on many jazz recordings in addition to the phenomenal recordings. Rudy was a master at capturing room sounds for sure and the recordings sound like you are transported to that same room the band is playing. A lot of the newer music is so overproduced and loud that you miss the nuances in the performances that really shine through with a genre like jazz. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yep, cut by Kevin Gray

Thanks, ordering now.  
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

Yep, cut by Kevin Gray

Thanks, ordering now.  
    Hard sell, huh.. lol
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree. It is funny to to say but I think part of it is the air/space that was captured so well on many jazz recordings in addition to the phenomenal recordings. Rudy was a master at capturing room sounds for sure and the recordings sound like you are transported to that same room the band is playing. A lot of the newer music is so overproduced and loud that you miss the nuances in the performances that really shine through with a genre like jazz. 
    I agree, but even the live stuff sounds awesome too.  I have a live Dexter Gordon record called Take the A Train that is just phenomenal.  You can actually hear the glasses chink when the servers are clearing them between songs.  I think you're right about the over production though.  There isn't enough air between the instruments often times.  It just becomes a wall of sound.  Steel Dan Aja being the exception of course. 
    mrussel1 said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    mrussel1 said:
    MedozK said:
    mrussel1 said:

I agree, but even the live stuff sounds awesome too.  I have a live Dexter Gordon record called Take the A Train that is just phenomenal.  You can actually hear the glasses chink when the servers are clearing them between songs.  I think you're right about the over production though.  There isn't enough air between the instruments often times.  It just becomes a wall of sound.  Steel Dan Aja being the exception of course. 
    Analog tape vs digital as well. Protools and other programs can try to replicate that sound all day but it will never sound exactly the same. 
    Virginia Beach 2000
    DC 2003
    DC 2004 (VFC)
    DC 2006
    Pittsburgh 2006
    Bonnaroo 2008
    Virginia Beach 2008
    DC 2008
    PJ 20 night 1
    PJ 20 night 2
    Phoenix 2013
    LA 1 2013
    Memphis 2014
    Jacksonville 2016
    Greenville 2016
    Hampton 2016
    Columbia 2016
    Fenway 1 2016
    Fenway 2 2016
    Wrigley 1 2018
    Wrigley 2 2018
    Fenway 1 2018
    Fenway 2 2018
    Sea Hear Now 2021
    Nashville 2022
    Louisville 2022
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    edited December 2020
    I’m so jealous of people that have more expendable income.  My wife and I each grant 100 bucks for “fun money” per month.  The only way to get more is to curtail spending and roll over to the next month.  I have to make my choices wisely.   Hence waiting for wildflowers until Xmas.  Just bought that rolling thunder review, and really want the white stripes greatest hits, but that will have to wait until next month as well.  Luckily a very cool person let me “preview” wildflowers until I get my copy.   Which reminds me I need to complete my doors collection, oh and spam email verve until they make kicks joy darkness as a vinyl, and I need the new Springsteen, and and and...Anyways.  Viva La Vinyl!
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
    Had a few of my orders from last week starting to trickle in. Man being at home all week for Thanksgiving, was kinda hard on my wallet..lol

AP 33RPM version, CAN NOT WAIT to open this box.

2014 Kevin Gray Cut ( I know its from Digital), but to have this on a dead silent background will be NICE!

Another Kevin Gray Cut, great album. Can't wait to listen and see what he did with this one.

And the recent reissue. Had to add this one to AIC collection, have also read the sound on this is great.

MedozK said:
    Had a few of my orders from last week starting to trickle in. Man being at home all week for Thanksgiving, was kinda hard on my wallet..lol

AP 33RPM version, CAN NOT WAIT to open this box.

2014 Kevin Gray Cut ( I know its from Digital), but to have this on a dead silent background will be NICE!

Another Kevin Gray Cut, great album. Can't wait to listen and see what he did with this one.

And the recent reissue. Had to add this one to AIC collection, have also read the sound on this is great.

Awesome. Let me know how Tommy sounds. I love that album. 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    GlowGirl said:
    pjpjpaul said:
    GlowGirl said:

saw them twice. they were playing a show in vancouver when i and a bunch of my friends were there for a wedding. it was in a 2000 seat theatre, we were row 6 on the floor. amazing show. then saw them a couple years later when they blew up at the arena here, 13,000 people. it was the same show where they famously played The Wheels On The Bus on a transit bus here that afternoon. 

it was an incredible high energy show and then we headed to a pub across the street after, got stuck in an elevator for an hour and some guy pissed in his hat. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

Super,  super happy with these finds today.  1972 original US Richmond Unipack Exile that is super clean and literally no pops.  This is now my best version of the record, beating out another Richmond i have,  but has a some noise in the opening of Sweet Virginia.

Also an op of the classic Winwood solo record.  I'm a huge fan of everything he does. 

mrussel1 said:
    Super,  super happy with these finds today.  1972 original US Richmond Unipack Exile that is super clean and literally no pops.  This is now my best version of the record, beating out another Richmond i have,  but has a some noise in the opening of Sweet Virginia.

Also an op of the classic Winwood solo record.  I'm a huge fan of everything he does. 

Awesome, and I know your a Stones guy. And, if you don't have room on your shelves anymore for that other copy.....  ;)