So how about those fan club singles *edit* THAT I FINALLY GOT!!

Comments

• LoujoeLoujoe Posts: 7,596
    Please tell Jeff to figure it out. I dont know why, but I think he can do it. Chuck a few new (or old) picks in there too. 
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,376

1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    An explanation would go a long way. That being said, these singles are the last thing on my mind these days, so it’ll be a nice surprise when they show up. It’s not worth me getting worked up.
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    on2legs said:
    They have treated their fans like garbage. Not sure if it’s legal to take money for goods that were not delivered , any lawyers on here? Is there fines for lieing to consumers and not providing goods that were paid for 3 years ago? What is our options?

tenclub, an update would go along way. Interested in communicating anything with the people?
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/267256/2016-ten-club-single-legal-action#latest

Proof that at least two people can have the same ridiculous idea. 
    I understand your whole point being on this forum is to stick up to the tenclub in every instance, for whatever reason --

-- but what is ridiculous here from that posters POV? 

What is ridiculous is Tim Bearmans ( @Rubysdad ) response to the AG (when a poster contacted an AG) with "we never promised a delivery date and making vinyl takes time" or whatever he used as a reason. 

... It's been a couple of years now. Lol. Seems a lot of other vinyl has been pressed and delivered. Both from the PJ camp and other artists.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    on2legs said:
    They have treated their fans like garbage. Not sure if it’s legal to take money for goods that were not delivered , any lawyers on here? Is there fines for lieing to consumers and not providing goods that were paid for 3 years ago? What is our options?

tenclub, an update would go along way. Interested in communicating anything with the people?
    https://community.pearljam.com/discussion/267256/2016-ten-club-single-legal-action#latest

It’s not ridiculous to ask a company to deliver goods that were paid for 3 years ago but never delivered. I’m not threatening any legal action , I’m just asking what our options are. I guess that’s asking too much?
    tim's response to the AG was that while they attempt to get the singles out in a timely fashion, and they are considered annual, there is no actual deadline that they've set for themselves or agreed upon to deliver them. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

on2legs said:

I understand your whole point being on this forum is to stick up to the tenclub in every instance, for whatever reason --

What is ridiculous is Tim Bearmans ( @Rubysdad ) response to the AG (when a poster contacted an AG) with "we never promised a delivery date and making vinyl takes time" or whatever he used as a reason. 

... It's been a couple of years now. Lol. Seems a lot of other vinyl has been pressed and delivered. Both from the PJ camp and other artists.

You haven’t paid attention.  I’ve said many times that this is poor customer service.  

I’ve just be very clear in saying that some people are making a ridiculous mountain out of a mole hill.  There is one person in particular who has suggested hiring an attorney to sue, actually complained to the Attorney General of the state of Washington and also threatened to release personal email addresses for ten club employees as a way to retaliate. Way over the top behavior and worthy of scrutiny. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

You haven’t paid attention.  I’ve said many times that this is poor customer service.  

I’ve just be very clear in saying that some people are making a ridiculous mountain out of a mole hill.  There is one person in particular who has suggested hiring an attorney to sue, actually complained to the Attorney General of the state of Washington and also threatened to release personal email addresses for ten club employees as a way to retaliate. Way over the top behavior and worthy of scrutiny. 
    they didn't actually threaten to release personal information. this information is readily available online. they actually said "i was going to post it here, but decided against it" or something along those lines. i saw the exact post. i saw nothing of a threat whatsoever, even if the mods saw it differently. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

they didn't actually threaten to release personal information. this information is readily available online. they actually said "i was going to post it here, but decided against it" or something along those lines. i saw the exact post. i saw nothing of a threat whatsoever, even if the mods saw it differently. 
    The mods deleted the post. They saw it for exactly what it was.  A threat of retaliation.  

You’re seriously defending someone who suggested doing that over a record?

on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

The mods deleted the post. They saw it for exactly what it was.  A threat of retaliation.  

i'm not defending anything. just stating facts of what the post said. nothing more. how can you threaten to release something that is available to the public with a quick google search?

to be fair, the mods have deleted many a post in the past that didn't require deletion. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• HesCalledDyerHesCalledDyer Maryland Posts: 16,416
    I really wish you could file a chargeback from 3 years ago on your cc.
  • ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Clapper said:
    ryph raph said:

Not following thru on delivering the10 Club singles after they have been paid for.

Is that a breach of contract ? 

Have you considered looking into it with the Attorney General?  =)

The current attorney general, like his boss, IS A PIECE OF SHIT FOR A HUMAN BEING
    10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

ryph raph said:
    Clapper said:
    ryph raph said:

Not following thru on delivering the10 Club singles after they have been paid for.

Is that a breach of contract ? 

Have you considered looking into it with the Attorney General?  =)

The current attorney general, like his boss, IS A PIECE OF SHIT FOR A HUMAN BEING
    i don't think he meant the US attorney general. it was a joke about going to the state-level AG, which was already done. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• ryph raphryph raph Posts: 887
    Seems like the vinyl shortage excuse isn't valid since Third Man, Grateful Dead, and so many other entities are still churning out records. I'm willing to bet there are TONS of out of work stagehands that they could round up to make the fraking covers by hand if they wanted. So, at this point, there is no real excuse for these records to still be missing other than they just don't give a fuck. Which sucks to think.

Please help an out-of-work stagehand.

10-26-91 Cleveland
    4-2-92
    7-29-92
    5-4-95 Hovercraft / Cleveland
    8-26-98
    4-25-03
    5-20-06
    8-21-08 E.V. Chicago
    10-31-09 Philadelphia
    5-09-10 Cleveland
    5-10-10 Buffalo
    6-26-11 E.V. Detroit
    10-11-13 Pittsburgh
    10-12-13 Buffalo
    10-29-13 Charlottesville
    4-18-16 Hampton
    8-22-16 Chicago

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    edited October 2020
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Releasing an email address that anyone/everyone can find doing a google search is not a threat of retaliation. Not only can you find it on the internet, it was the email address that he replied back to the AG with. All of that information is public information.

In Tim's response to the AG, he called us customers. Have you ever asked to speak to a manager? Do you think it does any good to speak to a manager instead of someone who just answers emails with canned responses like the others at the 10c? Tim is the manager on 10c and this falls on him. I don't know if Tim is causing the delays but I do know that he can instruct the company that he manages to give us an update with real information. The last official update we received was over 6 months ago. I'd say that amount of time justifies an official update.

Do you really think that is an unreasonable request?
    edited October 2020
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Releasing an email address that anyone/everyone can find doing a google search is not a threat of retaliation. Not only can you find it on the internet, it was the email address that he replied back to the AG with. All of that information is public information.

In Tim's response to the AG, he called us customers. Have you ever asked to speak to a manager? Do you think it does any good to speak to a manager instead of someone who just answers emails with canned responses like the others at the 10c? Tim is the manager on 10c and this falls on him. I don't know if Tim is causing the delays but I do know that he can instruct the company that he manages to give us an update with real information. The last official update we received was over 6 months ago. I'd say that amount of time justifies an official update.

Dude.  You specifically said that you got Tim’s email from the paperwork sent to you by the AG.  And you specifically said you were contemplating posting it here because you weren’t getting the response you wanted.  Thats unreasonable behavior. 
    Post edited by on2legs on

• Hey ten club, where is your response? Annual means in the same year, not every 3 years. 
  • 2-feign-reluctance2-feign-reluctance TigerTown, USA Posts: 23,090
    Love the energy in this thread. To me it's a simple case of those that are intensely persistent in making sure wrongs are righted, and those that aren't as persistent and are 'ok' with waiting. It's no secret that 10c has a long history of poor communication. I mean in the past you had to wait for a physical newsletter to be mailed to you for news, and wait for the Message Pit to be updated. It's super easy with all this bandwidth in the world today to state your case(s) but I can also see it the other way too, mass communication is more readily available than ever in our history and some organizations still choose to trickle out information like the 80s and 90s.
    www.cluthelee.com
    edited October 2020
    @Santos L. Halper gave the "pandemic" as a reason for waiting seven (7) days to say something, anything, about the EU vinyl shipping costs (while, without little doubt in my mind the tenclub knowing about the problem at the latest 5 minutes after the newsletter went out. Resonable time frame from my perspective) -- maybe this pandemic has been going on for longer than what we all think?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • ClapperClapper Toronto Posts: 206
    I'm all for getting what you paid for and make no mistake, these singles are owed and the time that has elapsed since they were due is nothing short of cartoonish at this point. But...some of the time, effort and to be honest, creepy levels of intensity that some of you have brought to this debate is bananas.  A little food for thought:   Do you truly believe that the singles wont be forthcoming at some point? Assuming they are definitely coming, is when they show up something that is going to make a big difference in your life one way or the other?  What is all of that time and (negative) energy worth? Fan club singles can't be a good ROI there. 
    1993 - Toronto
    1996 - Toronto
    1998 - Barrie
    2000 - Toronto
    2003 - Buffalo, Toronto
    2005 - Hamilton, Toronto
    2006 - Toronto I, Toronto II
    2008 - EV solo Toronto I
    2010 - Buffalo, Newark
    2011 - Toronto I, Toronto II, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Chicago, Buffalo, Brooklyn I, Brooklyn II, Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II
    2014 - Detroit
    2016 - Philadelphia I, Philadelphia II, New York I, New York II, Ottawa, Toronto I, Toronto II, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2018 - Boston I, Boston II
    edited October 2020
    Clapper said:
     Assuming they are definitely coming, is when they show up something that is going to make a big difference in your life one way or the other?  What is all of that time and (negative) energy worth?
    Just speaking for me. The audacity of treating the fanclub the way Tenclub is - consciously - choosing to do. Has chosen to do. Will keep on choosing to do (is my bet, next time something happens). I would die out of the shame, if I were in their shoes.

If @rubysdad feel shame or find ar reason not to, he is obviously allowed in here to tell us.
    Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    edited October 2020
    This is probably the first time Ive ever thought there is no point in signing up for another year. Like most if you in the past 4 years and $140 later Ive got very little to show for those years. I got better tickets via the venue, Vault is available to all. I dont have time to sit around and wait on psst messages. 
  • FR181798FR181798 Posts: 2,164
    Maybe whoever wins and gets to hang with Eddie and Jeff can ask them whats happened to the fanclub singles. LOL
  • THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,650
    edited October 2020
    Clapper said:
    I'm all for getting what you paid for and make no mistake, these singles are owed and the time that has elapsed since they were due is nothing short of cartoonish at this point. But...some of the time, effort and to be honest, creepy levels of intensity that some of you have brought to this debate is bananas.  A little food for thought:   Do you truly believe that the singles wont be forthcoming at some point? Assuming they are definitely coming, is when they show up something that is going to make a big difference in your life one way or the other?  What is all of that time and (negative) energy worth? Fan club singles can't be a good ROI there. 
    No, I don’t believe they will , only for the fact they have had 3 years and nothing. It’s principal and this band is all about principal so now it’s time to show theirs
    Post edited by THEBIBLEISTEN on
  • Clapper said:
    No, I don’t believe they will , only for the fact they have had 3 years and nothing. It’s principal and this band is all about principal so now it’s time to show there’s 
    Also, what company would you pay for something from 3 years ago and never receive and not question it?
  • JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Dude.  You specifically said that you got Tim’s email from the paperwork sent to you by the AG.  And you specifically said you were contemplating posting it here because you weren’t getting the response you wanted.  Thats unreasonable behavior. 
    Dude, I did not specifically say I was contemplating on releasing it. I have the post saved, do you? Stop making things up!!!

You obviously do not care about the singles and that is totally OK. You keep coming back to these threads to troll those that do care. Your behavior is so reasonable!!!
  • JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

Dude, I did not specifically say I was contemplating on releasing it. I have the post saved, do you? Stop making things up!!!

You obviously do not care about the singles and that is totally OK. You keep coming back to these threads to troll those that do care. Your behavior is so reasonable!!!
    Makes you think, doesn't it.
    edited October 2020
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I don’t have your post saved.  But then again I’m not preparing a court case against the ten club. 

Maybe the fact that the ten club deleted it might be a clue to you that your behavior was out of line. 

Post edited by on2legs on

• joeembletonjoeembleton Glasgow Posts: 408
    Polite message asking for update
    Not so polite message asking for update
    Polite mail asking not so polite people to be polite
    Not so polite mail stating if you do not accept impolite message you don't care about this subject
    Not so polite response stating that is fucking ridiculous
    More impolite messages back and forth
    Thread locked
    Wait six months
    Repeat
    Polite message asking for update
    Not so polite message asking for update
    Polite mail asking not so polite people to be polite
    Not so polite mail stating if you do not accept impolite message you don't care about this subject
    Not so polite response stating that is fucking ridiculous
    More impolite messages back and forth
    Thread locked
    Wait six months
    Repeat
    That’s pretty accurate.  

on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    JB16057 said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:
    on2legs said:

I don’t have your post saved.  But then again I’m not preparing a court case against the ten club. 

Maybe the fact that the ten club deleted it might be a clue to you that your behavior was out of line. 

again, i've seen much less "out of line" posts removed. that's not the right barometer. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD