The coronavirus

Comments

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    https://apple.news/AAyH-VAxHS_eI7uHkDp2OTQ
    Dangerous & in humane i hope this country will learn from this dark episode of voting for a total dirt bag narcissist pig & if you’re still thinking of sitting this one out I think that’s a giant mistake we’re heade for 300k deaths with no stopping in sight! 
    How many deaths can be attributed to your shitty health care system?  How many people with no health coverage or inadequate coverage waited too late to seek help?  Blaming everything on Trump or any politician is kind of a simplistic way of looking at things...and the democrats care very little about poor people's health, just like the republicans don't care...because if any of them did then you'd have universal health care.  You guys may have the latest and greatest hospitals but I would never surrender my universal coverage for YOUR greedy system that only puts profits ahead of people...

ACÁ was a start it’s wasn’t perfect ! In comes this administration wants to just gut it with no replacement yes both sides have missed the boat but to not blame Covidiot is blind just by him stating from the beginning that masks save lives it could of saved thousands of lives! 

It's 2020 now. You had a long time to stick your head out of the sand (the UK got it's system implemented in the 40s I believe, Sweden in the 1900s), and follow the rest of the developed world with humane health care before this crisis.

And that doesn't come from a Russian troll, paying 50 dollars a year to a rockband "who was famous in the 90s" message board engaging in the most cost ineffective con in history trying to undermine the US election . It comes from a Swede looking at it objectively. From a facemask-"free" country that had to scramble to find ventilators that had been thrown out in the name of effectiveness and Thatcher-esque "new public management" should be noted though. So what do we know about healthcare.

Seems increasing peoples democratic influence is something to work on maybe:

(Sweden's) Public health care was developed during the 19th century. The county councils were formed in 1862 and were given the overall responsibility for health care. The connection between increasing democratic influence, growing public administration and society's responsibility for the weak is clear.

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    Dangerous & in humane i hope this country will learn from this dark episode of voting for a total dirt bag narcissist pig & if you’re still thinking of sitting this one out I think that’s a giant mistake we’re heade for 300k deaths with no stopping in sight! 
    How many deaths can be attributed to your shitty health care system?  How many people with no health coverage or inadequate coverage waited too late to seek help?  Blaming everything on Trump or any politician is kind of a simplistic way of looking at things...and the democrats care very little about poor people's health, just like the republicans don't care...because if any of them did then you'd have universal health care.  You guys may have the latest and greatest hospitals but I would never surrender my universal coverage for YOUR greedy system that only puts profits ahead of people...

ACÁ was a start it’s wasn’t perfect ! In comes this administration wants to just gut it with no replacement yes both sides have missed the boat but to not blame Covidiot is blind just by him stating from the beginning that masks save lives it could of saved thousands of lives! 

It's 2020 now. You had a long time to stick your head out of the sand (the UK got it's system implemented in the 40s I believe, Sweden in the 1900s), and follow the rest of the developed world with humane health care before this crisis.

And that doesn't come from a Russian troll, paying 50 dollars a year to a rockband "who was famous in the 90s" message board engaging in the most cost ineffective con in history trying to undermine the US election . It comes from a Swede looking at it objectively. From a facemask-"free" country that had to scramble to find ventilators that had been thrown out in the name of effectiveness and Thatcher-esque "new public management" should be noted though. So what do we know about healthcare.

(Sweden's) Public health care was developed during the 19th century. The county councils were formed in 1862 and were given the overall responsibility for health care. The connection between increasing democratic influence, growing public administration and society's responsibility for the weak is clear.

I immigrated here in 1971 not by choice, this country will never go for universal healthcare they just won’t lives can still be saved by S.D. & wearing a mask simple..How’s Sweden trending with C19 is the curve flattened yet?

jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    edited October 2020

I immigrated here in 1971 not by choice, this country will never go for universal healthcare they just won’t lives can still be saved by S.D. & wearing a mask simple..How’s Sweden trending with C19 is the curve flattened yet?

Where are you from originally, something tells me Chile? 

The curve is raising in Sweden again. Mostly among the young so far. But that has nothing to do with the health care system.

The Swedish COVID-19 Response Is a Disaster. It Shouldn’t Be a Model for the Rest of the World

https://time.com/5899432/sweden-coronovirus-disaster/

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"

The curve is raising in Sweden again. Mostly among the young so far. But that has nothing to do with the health care system.

The Swedish COVID-19 Response Is a Disaster. It Shouldn’t Be a Model for the Rest of the World

Yes Chilean, I’m hoping to retire there just turned 60 last month they have a healthcare program but still got hit with C19 as just about every other country in the world..
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739

New York authorities halt wedding expected to bring in 10,000 guests amid pandemic

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/new-york-authorities-halt-wedding-expected-to-bring-in-10-000-guests-amid-pandemic-1.5150079?cid=sm:trueanthem:ctvwindsor:post&utm_campaign=trueAnthem: Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fb

See this has nothing to do with politics.  These are a bunch of religious nut jobs.  I would say poor people who have poor access to health care and the religious nutjobs (and the US leads the world in the number of people who believe in that garbage} are likely more responsible for COVID deaths than any politicians...

Yes, Trump is a shitty leader and is plenty responsible...but at some fucking point adults need to act responsibly...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    And who the fuck has 10000 people at a wedding, especially during a pandemic.  Just fucking stupid people.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • FiveBelowFiveBelow Lubbock, TX Posts: 1,167

Yes Chilean, I’m hoping to retire there just turned 60 last month they have a healthcare program but still got hit with C19 as just about every other country in the world..
    Great, now I am craving Chilean Sea Bass.
    edited October 2020

You never considered Sweden, if you left in some capacity because of the coup?

In 1972, Swedish ambassador Harald Edelstam arrived to Chile to take up his new post. On 11 September 1973, the government of President Allende suffered a coup d'état by General Augusto Pinochet who was backed by the government of the United States. President Allende was declared to have committed suicide during the coup and General Pinochet took over the government and became the new President of the country. Immediately, President Pinochet began arresting, torturing and executing followers of President Allende. During this time, thousands of Chileans sought refuge in mainly European and Latin American embassies in the Chilean capital.[8] Under Ambassador Edelstam, Sweden opened its doors to asylee seekers. More than 500 Chileans, 54 Uruguayans and some Cubans received refugee in the Swedish embassy.[9] By the end of Pinochet's presidency, more than 40,000 Chileans immigrated to Sweden as political asylees.[10] In December 1973, ambassador Edlestam was declared persona non grata by the Chilean government. When Edlestam was deported from Chile, Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme declared that there would not be a Swedish ambassador in Chile until democracy was restored in the country, which did not happen until 1990.[7]

edited October 2020
    Sweden. A sunday in october. 

Vegan cabbage rolls with a lager

• mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    SC are restaurants allowed to be 100% capacity for indoor dining?  What is protocol there?  New Jersey is 25% capacity for indoor dining.
    I'll ride the wave where it takes me......

You never considered Sweden, if you left in some capacity because of the coup?

In 1972, Swedish ambassador Harald Edelstam arrived to Chile to take up his new post. On 11 September 1973, the government of President Allende suffered a coup d'état by General Augusto Pinochet who was backed by the government of the United States. President Allende was declared to have committed suicide during the coup and General Pinochet took over the government and became the new President of the country. Immediately, President Pinochet began arresting, torturing and executing followers of President Allende. During this time, thousands of Chileans sought refuge in mainly European and Latin American embassies in the Chilean capital.[8] Under Ambassador Edelstam, Sweden opened its doors to asylee seekers. More than 500 Chileans, 54 Uruguayans and some Cubans received refugee in the Swedish embassy.[9] By the end of Pinochet's presidency, more than 40,000 Chileans immigrated to Sweden as political asylees.[10] In December 1973, ambassador Edlestam was declared persona non grata by the Chilean government. When Edlestam was deported from Chile, Swedish Prime Minister Olof Palme declared that there would not be a Swedish ambassador in Chile until democracy was restored in the country, which did not happen until 1990.[7]

I was only 9 when we left in 71 didn’t know anything s as bout politics but if I leave this country that I do love it’s going to be for Chile I love the west coast backed by the Ande mountain range ... 
  • dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    edited October 2020

Sweden is moving away from its no-lockdown strategy and preparing strict new rules amid rising coronavirus cases

Sweden's health officials are set to unveil strict new coronavirus rules for local regions to impose.

The country opted against lockdown measures in response to the first wave of the pandemic.

However, growing case numbers in areas like the cities of Stockholm and Uppsala have prompted a rethink.

Authorities in the worst-affected areas are set to have the power to strongly recommend people to avoid public transport, busy public places, and contact with the vulnerable and elderly.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-shifts-away-no-lockdown-strategy-amid-growing-case-numbers-2020-10

Headline seems a bit misleading based on the article.
    Post edited by dignin on
  • mcgruff10 said:
    SC are restaurants allowed to be 100% capacity for indoor dining?  What is protocol there?  New Jersey is 25% capacity for indoor dining.
    As long as you can social distance there is no regulation of amount of people. Every guest need to be able to sit down, tables need to be separated, people can not sit to close, service need to be by the table - no going to the bar to order etc.

So no place can be 100% as before, because they have removed tables, separated tables etc.

The capacity depends on the place.

But social gatherings etc, I think there is still a 50 people limit.
    edited October 2020
    dignin said:

Sweden is moving away from its no-lockdown strategy and preparing strict new rules amid rising coronavirus cases

Sweden's health officials are set to unveil strict new coronavirus rules for local regions to impose.

The country opted against lockdown measures in response to the first wave of the pandemic.

However, growing case numbers in areas like the cities of Stockholm and Uppsala have prompted a rethink.

Authorities in the worst-affected areas are set to have the power to strongly recommend people to avoid public transport, busy public places, and contact with the vulnerable and elderly.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sweden-shifts-away-no-lockdown-strategy-amid-growing-case-numbers-2020-10

The new thing is that authority has been given to local regions to decide depending on the situation in their area - instead of rules being decided nationally at it has been so far. With the bigger cities being struck so much harder than e.g. smaller cities in the north etc.
    dignin said:

The new thing is that authority has been given to local regions to decide depending on the situation in their area - instead of rules being decided nationally at it has been so far. With the bigger cities being struck so much harder than e.g. smaller cities in the north etc.
    Makes sense, hope it goes well.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821

Signs up at my climbing gym :lol: 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,593
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    on a personal note, i saw my doc today. i let him know that i have been having daytime fatigue/malaise/low energy for the last few months. he said this could be due to lingering effects from the rona. i had a couple of negative tests over the last 3 months and have never had any other symptoms. i had an antibody test done today just to check to see if i ended up really having it. waiting to see if that shows anything. 

Good man for getting it checked out!  Hopefully the test will continue to run negative.  Could be you have fatigue from the stress of living in the shadow of the Orange National Nightmare.  Keep us posted!
    thanks dude. got my results just now. negative for covid antibodies, so i have not gotten it up until this point. 

as for the fatigue, i have not really been exercising as much the last several months, so doc thinks that may be playing a role. he wants to check my thyroid and i suggested checking my testosterone, so get to do that on Monday.

it could be stress from work. it is the 4th quarter and i am one of only 15 reps in the country in a position to hit my quota so i have been pushing really hard for that. maybe the fatigue will go away at the end of the year. or maybe it will go away when we do not have to hear about the constant embarrassment coming from the west wing on a daily basis.

Hey man, glad to hear you tested negative for COVID!

I have chronic fatigue due to having had Epstein Barr virus in the 80's.  It never really goes away, so I'm always checking out ways to boost my immune system.  One thing I just read this morning says that drinking fresh celery juice helps.  The book is called Medical Medium Celery Juice, by Anthony William.  I am always skeptical about such claims but I figure, what the heck, I have a juicer and it just celery, so I'll give it a try.

Meanwhile, I hope your energy improves.  And, yes, if things go well in November, I'm guessing we'll all feel much better! 
    i will definitely check that out. i wonder how a calorie negative food can be helpful but there has got to be a way. i am just happy i have not had the rona. i can deal with this fatigue if i stay active. let me know how the celery juice works out.

Celery juice, Take 1. 
    I ran several stalks of celery through the juicer today and had my first glass.  In the book I mentioned, William suggests drinking it on an empty stomach and then waiting at least 15 minute, preferably a half an hour, before eating anything else.  He said that at first, some people find the juice to be slightly bitter and not very pleasant tasting.  He said this is an indication that the body recognizes that the celery juice is already beginning to do the work of removing toxins. 

That all reflects my first experience very closely.  I found the juice to be slightly bitter, not very pleasant, and it seemed to bother my stomach for a while- about 45 minutes or so, and then I had breakfast and was fine.  William said that many people find the juice tastes better over time and they begin to enjoy it.  We shall see.  I hope so.  I figure at the very least, this can't hurt and if William is correct, it might be very healthful.  I hope so!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Forgive my ignorance, but doesn’t the body naturally rid itself of toxins?

(Plus, juicing deprives one of all that good fiber!)
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    There’s no science to support the idea that celery juice will get rid of toxins or fight fatigue or boost your immune system or anything like that. It will just give you some of the nutrients that you would get in celery. 

Best not to take nutritional advice from someone who claims to get it dictated to him from spirits.  
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf

LMAO thanks I’m glad I wasn’t eating or drinking anything post of the day!

That's perfect.
  • Ive seen so many so called intelligent  people  with a nose uncovered whilst wearing  a mask. 
    Now how can anyone not get that you are breathing with nose and mouth. 
    We live in strange times indeed
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Ive seen so many so called intelligent  people  with a nose uncovered whilst wearing  a mask. 
    It drives me crazy watching football.

Especially the nfl as it’s a business, they have rules, and their employees don’t follow them. 
    hippiemom = goodness
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,387

New York authorities halt wedding expected to bring in 10,000 guests amid pandemic

https://www.ctvnews.ca/health/coronavirus/new-york-authorities-halt-wedding-expected-to-bring-in-10-000-guests-amid-pandemic-1.5150079?cid=sm:trueanthem:ctvwindsor:post&utm_campaign=trueAnthem: Trending Content&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=facebook&fb

See this has nothing to do with politics.  These are a bunch of religious nut jobs.  I would say poor people who have poor access to health care and the religious nutjobs (and the US leads the world in the number of people who believe in that garbage} are likely more responsible for COVID deaths than any politicians...

Yes, Trump is a shitty leader and is plenty responsible...but at some fucking point adults need to act responsibly...

You blame poor people more than you blame an administration that is actively spreading dangerous misinformation to the public? 

Really? 
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    Ive seen so many so called intelligent  people  with a nose uncovered whilst wearing  a mask. 
    It drives me crazy watching football.

Especially the nfl as it’s a business, they have rules, and their employees don’t follow them. 
    those two idiots last night on SNF ON CAMERA wearing their masks below their noses. as if their producers weren't thinking that was a PR disaster waiting to happen. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    I think they bubble and only wear the masks in that stadium (perhaps state?) Because rules mandate it and don't wear when they don't.

It did look dumb, agree with that.  
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    mcgruff10 said:
    This drives me nuts. I've seen several restaurants at 50% capacity. So how do they do it? Rope off half the restaurant and seat everyone in the same section. I guess its less cleaning to do at the end of the shift?
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    This drives me nuts. I've seen several restaurants at 50% capacity. So how do they do it? Rope off half the restaurant and seat everyone in the same section. I guess its less cleaning to do at the end of the shift?
    well either they are going against protocol or the people making the policies are idiots. we were back at 100%, BUT only if everyone could be distanced properly, which means no restaurant, unless your restaurant was a barn, could actually hold 100% capacity again. it was more like 50%, if that. 

capacity rules mean nothing unless it's coupled with distancing rules as well. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,814
    mace1229 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    That's amazing.  It's really astounding how many people are not willing to put critical thought into this. Anyone should have been able to understand that the rationale behind reduced capacities was spacing people out.  The rules probably don't state that and I guess they probably should.  I've eaten indoors at a restaurant exactly once since March and it was a very good experience.  Nobody at the booth next to us.  Most tables removed from the middle.  The server is the only one we ever got near.  By contrast, the night before, I ended up three feet from some superspreader-wannabe numbskulls outdoors the night before  (this was on the whopping two night trip up north that was a poor replacement the St. Louis PJ show...).  Some places clear either don't get it or don't want to get it and are just going through the motions.  Want to be able to serve to full capacity some day, do your part to at least mitigate.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    i heard on the news today that 8 kansas city hospitals were turning away ambulances last night due to increase in covid admissions. way to go, governor parson. fucking moron.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
This discussion has been closed.