Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,532
    edited May 2021
    America's a shit hole country, it is what it is. 
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    Daily Memes Archives - Page 126 of 378 - Politically Incorrect Humor
  • Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,870
    what's ironic about this stupid meme is that it's backwards. you are prioritizing your fear and/or indifference of the vaccine over the lives of thousands, millions even. 

I sincerely hope no one close to you dies because people like you refuse to achieve the goal of herd immunity. 

good thing there were no memes in 1918. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Which fear exactly?

The troglodytes' fear over a getting a shot or two?

I'm confused.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    what's ironic about this stupid meme is that it's backwards. you are prioritizing your fear and/or indifference of the vaccine over the lives of thousands, millions even. 

I sincerely hope no one close to you dies because people like you refuse to achieve the goal of herd immunity. 

good thing there were no memes in 1918. 
    Yup
  • Options
    gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,181
    st louis is opening bars and restaurants at 100% capacity today. most of those establishments do not have the staff to accommodate. gonna be a shit show. hopefully the kens and karens are understanding of this situation, but i seriously doubt they will be.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • Options
    wow this is the dumbest thing i have seen on the internet today. did you steal this from boebert's twitter feed?
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,852
    st louis is opening bars and restaurants at 100% capacity today. most of those establishments do not have the staff to accommodate. gonna be a shit show. hopefully the kens and karens are understanding of this situation, but i seriously doubt they will be.
    Is there no one around to work? I get the layoffs due to lack of patrons for the last year doing in dining but if the people came back would the workers not follow? In my area people are itching to get back to work. 
  • Options
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Is there no one around to work? I get the layoffs due to lack of patrons for the last year doing in dining but if the people came back would the workers not follow? In my area people are itching to get back to work. 
    no. my best friend runs a big italian restaurant here and he said that they have not received a single job application in 7 months. they advertise all over the place and have even offered incentives to newer employees and nobody has even applied. at the beginning of the pandemic they had 75 employees, now they have 19. he said it is like that at most establishments. he has been in the industry for 30 years so he knows everybody and has talked to managers and owners at many different places.

he feels that people are making too much on unemployment to go back to a job that does not pay well and does not offer any benefits. add to that the sheer dickishness of the general public and nobody wants to work in that environment.

• Options
    PJNB said:
    no. my best friend runs a big italian restaurant here and he said that they have not received a single job application in 7 months. they advertise all over the place and have even offered incentives to newer employees and nobody has even applied. at the beginning of the pandemic they had 75 employees, now they have 19. he said it is like that at most establishments. he has been in the industry for 30 years so he knows everybody and has talked to managers and owners at many different places.

he feels that people are making too much on unemployment to go back to a job that does not pay well and does not offer any benefits. add to that the sheer dickishness of the general public and nobody wants to work in that environment.
    Ya I get that for sure. There was a time here where people that were sitting at home were making more from the government than those working at Walmart or somewheres else that is close to minimum wage paying job. 

I hope your friend is able to manage the wave that is coming with more business. 
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

Ya I get that for sure. There was a time here where people that were sitting at home were making more from the government than those working at Walmart or somewheres else that is close to minimum wage paying job. 

I hope your friend is able to manage the wave that is coming with more business. 
    You said somewheres like Squirrely Dan; that's what I appreciates about you.
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,570
    My favorites are the anit-mask anti-vaxxers who yell and scream and claim MY BODY MY CHOICE but yet they claim to be "pro-life".

#HYPOCRITES
  • Options
    dankind said:
    PJNB said:
    PJNB said:

You said somewheres like Squirrely Dan; that's what I appreciates about you.
    Lol good ole maritime english. 
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,678
    My favorites are the anit-mask anti-vaxxers who yell and scream and claim MY BODY MY CHOICE but yet they claim to be "pro-life".

#HYPOCRITES
    Or spend weeks posting crap about the hoax, the vaccines, etc. from dubious sources, refuse to "read" or comprehend the science and continue to get their information from twitter, and then admit they're fully vaccinated. I guess they were scared, afraid to live their life?

And they're only pro-life until you're born.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options

#HYPOCRITES
    Or spend weeks posting crap about the hoax, the vaccines, etc. from dubious sources, refuse to "read" or comprehend the science and continue to get their information from twitter, and then admit they're fully vaccinated. I guess they were scared, afraid to live their life?

And they're only pro-life until you're born.
    You beat me to it... they're pro birth, they aren't pro life. 
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 8,941
    You two should date. 
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    Weston1283Weston1283 Fredericksburg, VA Posts: 4,635
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/05/nj-to-drop-most-covid-restrictions-may-19-restaurant-indoor-capacity-limits-eliminated-but-social-distancing-rules-remain.html%3foutputType=amp

New Jersey is joining New York and Connecticut by eliminating all outdoor and indoor capacity restrictions.  Only restrictions that remain are for  indoor masking and social distancing.
    2010: Cleveland
    2012: Atlanta
    2013: London ONT / Wrigley Field / Pittsburgh / Buffalo / San Diego / Los Angeles I / Los Angeles II
    2014: Cincinnati / St. Louis / Tulsa / Lincoln / Detroit / Denver
    2015: New York City
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale / Miami / Jacksonville / Greenville / Hampton / Columbia / Lexington / Philly II / New York City II / Toronto II / Bonnaroo / Telluride / Fenway I / Wrigley I / Wrigley - II / TOTD - Philadelphia, San Francisco
    2017: Ohana Fest (EV)
    2018: Amsterdam I / Amsterdam II / Seattle I / Seattle II / Boston I / Boston II
    2021: Asbury Park / Ohana Encore 1 / Ohana Encore 2
    2022: Phoenix / LA I / LA II / Quebec City / Ottawa / New York City / Camden / Nashville / St. Louis / Denver
    2023: St. Paul II
  • Options
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nj.com/coronavirus/2021/05/nj-to-drop-most-covid-restrictions-may-19-restaurant-indoor-capacity-limits-eliminated-but-social-distancing-rules-remain.html%3foutputType=amp

New Jersey is joining New York and Connecticut by eliminating all outdoor and indoor capacity restrictions.  Only restrictions that remain are for  indoor masking and social distancing.
    While this is a huge leap to going back to normal saying capacity restrictions do not apply would be false would it not since you have to be spaced 6ft still?

Restaurants, gyms, personal services, movie theaters, stores, museums and amusement parks will be allowed operate without set capacity limits for the first time in more than a year, though people will still need to wear masks indoors and groups will need to be separated by six feet, Gov. Phil Murphy said in a joint announcement with New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo and Connecticut Gov. Ned Lamont.

• Options
    static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    dankind said:
    Which fear exactly?

I'm confused.
    That boil gates and the alien agenda are manipulating our DNA and messing with fertility in a grand eugenics and population control conspiracy...duh
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,699
    static111 said:
    dankind said:
    Which fear exactly?

I'm confused.
    That boil gates and the alien agenda are manipulating our DNA and messing with fertility in a grand eugenics and population control conspiracy...duh
    It's clearly part of the "replacement" process.  White people will have trouble fertilizing after receiving the vaccine, whereas black and brown people will be octo-moms.  Very insidious.  
  • Options
    Some hard-hitting journalism on the vaccines here...  

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2021/04/pfizer-gang-and-sadness-vaccine-culture/618755/

The Hot-Person Vaccine

The internet has decided that Pfizer is significantly cooler than Moderna—but why?

I hope we can all agree that “vaccine culture” is a bit depressing. The idea of wearing an evening gown to a COVID-19-vaccine appointment is objectively sad, and speaking from personal experience, taking an hour-long bus ride to a CVS at the dead center of Staten Island, New York, for medical treatment is not fun or exciting except by dramatic contrast to events prior.

And when vaccine culture isn’t dismal, it can get extremely weird. At the moment, the internet is full of jokes about all the things you still can’t do after you’ve gotten vaccinated—like taking my hand and dragging me headfirst, which is part of a Taylor Swift song from 2008; removing the green ribbon from around your neck, a reference to a disturbing children’s story in which a woman named Jenny does that and then her head falls off; or emerging “from the soil after 17 years to shed your outer cuticular layer & scream into the ether in unison,” which is a subtweet of cicadas. I’m laughing, but what are we talking about?

Weirder still, one vaccine in particular—from Pfizer—has somehow become the cool vaccine, as well as the vaccine for the rich and stylish. Slate’s Heather Schwedel recently discussed the “Pfizer superiority complex” at length. As one source told her: “One of my cousins got Moderna, and I was like, ‘That’s OK. We need a strong middle class.’” On Twitter, the vaccinated are changing their usernames to reflect their new personal identities: There are Pfizer Princesses and Pfizer Floozies and Pfizer Pfairies and at least one Portrait of a Lady on Pfizer. “Pfizer is what was available when I signed up,” Jagger Blaec, a 33-year-old podcast host told me, “but it’s no coincidence every baddie I know has Pfizer and not Moderna.” Isn’t it a coincidence, though?

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,678

https://www.theatlantic.com/technology/archive/2021/04/pfizer-gang-and-sadness-vaccine-culture/618755/

The Hot-Person Vaccine

The internet has decided that Pfizer is significantly cooler than Moderna—but why?

I hope we can all agree that “vaccine culture” is a bit depressing. The idea of wearing an evening gown to a COVID-19-vaccine appointment is objectively sad, and speaking from personal experience, taking an hour-long bus ride to a CVS at the dead center of Staten Island, New York, for medical treatment is not fun or exciting except by dramatic contrast to events prior.

And when vaccine culture isn’t dismal, it can get extremely weird. At the moment, the internet is full of jokes about all the things you still can’t do after you’ve gotten vaccinated—like taking my hand and dragging me headfirst, which is part of a Taylor Swift song from 2008; removing the green ribbon from around your neck, a reference to a disturbing children’s story in which a woman named Jenny does that and then her head falls off; or emerging “from the soil after 17 years to shed your outer cuticular layer & scream into the ether in unison,” which is a subtweet of cicadas. I’m laughing, but what are we talking about?

Weirder still, one vaccine in particular—from Pfizer—has somehow become the cool vaccine, as well as the vaccine for the rich and stylish. Slate’s Heather Schwedel recently discussed the “Pfizer superiority complex” at length. As one source told her: “One of my cousins got Moderna, and I was like, ‘That’s OK. We need a strong middle class.’” On Twitter, the vaccinated are changing their usernames to reflect their new personal identities: There are Pfizer Princesses and Pfizer Floozies and Pfizer Pfairies and at least one Portrait of a Lady on Pfizer. “Pfizer is what was available when I signed up,” Jagger Blaec, a 33-year-old podcast host told me, “but it’s no coincidence every baddie I know has Pfizer and not Moderna.” Isn’t it a coincidence, though?

Real hard hitting. Wow, just wow! Where would we all be without someone plumbing the depths of the sewer that is social media? The linguist’s comments on word origins was interesting though.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,938
    you're still here?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,406
    dankind said:
    Which fear exactly?

I'm confused.
    Bonus points to you for the use of “troglodytes” in a sentence.
  • Options
    dankind said:
    Which fear exactly?

I'm confused.
    Bonus points to you for the use of “troglodytes” in a sentence.
    troglodyte is a great word. especially when the troglodytes are not self aware.

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524

The Hot-Person Vaccine

Real hard hitting. Wow, just wow! Where would we all be without someone plumbing the depths of the sewer that is social media? The linguist’s comments on word origins was interesting though.
    Well shoot; my ass got Moderna. Now I’ll never be able to play with the cool kids!

*kicks sand*

(that really wasn’t a Babylon Bee article?!?)
  • Options
    mickeyrat said:
    you're still here?
    ...and you're still replying!

SaFeLy ReOpEn ScHoOlS!!!

• Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    mickeyrat said:
    you're still here?
    ...and you're still replying!

SaFeLy ReOpEn ScHoOlS!!!