Options

The coronavirus

Comments

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    WaPo and Cnn contributor, far from a Fox News contributor here saying....  Well....  Saying what I have been saying...  She's pathetic, stupid, and a selfish asshole, clearly...

this is a clip from several days ago, before the CDC guidelines on mask wearing outdoor changed, which Biden is, AGAIN, following. 

where did anyone call you those names for following the science, as she is suggesting? they didn't. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Starting May 3rd all educational workers are vaccine eligible.  I will call 📞 May 3 and get an appointment.  It takes 14 days after shot before some immunity?

May 24 th everyone over 18 is eligible for the vaccine in Ontario.  I believe BC as well.  Manitoba truckers and education workers can be vaccinated in North Dakota?  Not sure how education workers get vaccinated in North Dakota with border closed?  Looks like good news all around.
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Options
    mrussel1mrussel1 Posts: 28,801
    Starting May 3rd all educational workers are vaccine eligible.  I will call 📞 May 3 and get an appointment.  It takes 14 days after shot before some immunity?

May 24 th everyone over 18 is eligible for the vaccine in Ontario.  I believe BC as well.  Manitoba truckers and education workers can be vaccinated in North Dakota?  Not sure how education workers get vaccinated in North Dakota with border closed?  Looks like good news all around.
    Excellent news.  Good luck to you.  Stay safe until then.  Nothing would be worse than catching it when the light is right there. 
  • Options
    gvn2fly1421gvn2fly1421 Posts: 935
    mrussel1 said:
    WaPo and Cnn contributor, far from a Fox News contributor here saying....  Well....  Saying what I have been saying...  She's pathetic, stupid, and a selfish asshole, clearly...

So people aren't getting vaccinated because they think they still have to wear masks afterwards?  I'm not buying that argument.  
    I think masking is a small part of the overall normalcy people on the fence would be wanting to get back to.  Which is funny because most of the country has been "normal" for a while now without being vaccinated, yet we have our political leaders fully-vaxxed parading around like nothing has changed.  Imagine the messaging behind the whole vax campaign, "Once you vaccinated you can gather indoors with others who have been vaccinated" when people* have been doing that since last year. 

* Dumb, pathetic, and selfish asshole people
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:

So people aren't getting vaccinated because they think they still have to wear masks afterwards?  I'm not buying that argument.  
    I think masking is a small part of the overall normalcy people on the fence would be wanting to get back to.  Which is funny because most of the country has been "normal" for a while now without being vaccinated, yet we have our political leaders fully-vaxxed parading around like nothing has changed.  Imagine the messaging behind the whole vax campaign, "Once you vaccinated you can gather indoors with others who have been vaccinated" when people* have been doing that since last year. 

I don't konw where you live, but here in Richmond VA, it is rare to see someone in a store without a mask.  Even in a Lowe's or HD, you might see one person during a visit, and maybe not even then.  DC is the same and I imagine most of the urban areas, where the 'majority' of the population lives.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

I don't konw where you live, but here in Richmond VA, it is rare to see someone in a store without a mask.  Even in a Lowe's or HD, you might see one person during a visit, and maybe not even then.  DC is the same and I imagine most of the urban areas, where the 'majority' of the population lives.  
    Suburb of Nashville.  I would say it is 70% unmasked vs 30% masked where I am.  Stores do not require them anymore, although even when they did enforcement was "meh".  I would say in Nashville the percentages become closer to 50/50.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Suburb of Nashville.  I would say it is 70% unmasked vs 30% masked where I am.  Stores do not require them anymore, although even when they did enforcement was "meh".  I would say in Nashville the percentages become closer to 50/50.
    Maybe that's why TN rates of infection are fourth in the country while DC and VA are near the bottom.  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 36,341
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

Maybe that's why TN rates of infection are fourth in the country while DC and VA are near the bottom.  

https://www.statista.com/statistics/1109004/coronavirus-covid19-cases-rate-us-americans-by-state/

known cases or estimated from known and extrapolated....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,644
    self·ish
    /ˈselfiSH/

adjective
    1. (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

• Options
    mickeyrat said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

known cases or estimated from known and extrapolated....
    I'm not sure how you would extrapolate.  You can back into the number using the population data to determine if it adds up to 30MM cases if you wish.  
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:
    mrussel1 said:

May be.
  • Options
    self·ish
    /ˈselfiSH/

adjective
    1. (of a person, action, or motive) lacking consideration for others; concerned chiefly with one's own personal profit or pleasure.

Surely this is one thing we can agree on...  The pandemic has brought the internet Karen's out in full force!
  • Options
    Insert "Get a vaccine" for "Put a mask on!" and you have this board in a nutshell...  

• Options
    HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 36,087
    Insert "Get a vaccine" for "Put a mask on!" and you have this board in a nutshell...  

your nutshell is cracked. 
    Flight Risk out NOW!

www.headstonesband.com

• Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,972

Taking the family to India to take in the Taj Mahal? Vacation would do you wonders.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    edited April 2021

Pfft. Except it's the opposite.  Young people mask up and the fat Trump supporters riding in their Rascals at Walmart being about their freedom.  Irony. 
  • Options
    oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,844

your nutshell is cracked. 

Nutsack vulture attack
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • Options
    brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,936

Some people have a very strange way of getting their kicks.
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Options
    OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,839
    I think a lot of people actually want the pandemic to continue. That's what it feels like when they say "no masks, no vax, no distancing, no closures." I think they like being angry and this helps them feel victimized. So saying "get vaccinated to help end the pandemic" isn't really going to resonate.
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:
    I think a lot of people actually want the pandemic to continue. That's what it feels like when they say "no masks, no vax, no distancing, no closures." I think they like being angry and this helps them feel victimized. So saying "get vaccinated to help end the pandemic" isn't really going to resonate.

Well, it does provide a target to rail against. I agree that many people like being angry - it's energizing and it feels like it gives a purpose. If it was really just about not believing that there's a pandemic or that people need to take precautions, then they would just go about their lives and ignore those who are acting otherwise, so clearly all of this time spent arguing and posting is about something else. 
  • Options
    hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:

I go to Route 66. It’s literally just up the street. 
  • Options
    OnWis97 said:

Well, it does provide a target to rail against. I agree that many people like being angry - it's energizing and it feels like it gives a purpose. If it was really just about not believing that there's a pandemic or that people need to take precautions, then they would just go about their lives and ignore those who are acting otherwise, so clearly all of this time spent arguing and posting is about something else. 
    I don't know. I think it is a continuation of the "pettiness" that is in the right wing/GOP today.  I mean they are small.  What did they focus on this week?  Two new lies:
    1. That Biden is going to limit hamburger consumption to 4lbs per year.  Seriously.
    2. That Harris was putting a copy of her book into a "welcome packet" at the border.  

It's just lies, all lies, all the time.  Petty, small, and these memes, posts and nonsense are in the same category.
  • Options
    benjsbenjs Toronto, ON Posts: 9,002
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

That's unarguably the best place to get one's kicks.
    '05 - TO, '06 - TO 1, '08 - NYC 1 & 2, '09 - TO, Chi 1 & 2, '10 - Buffalo, NYC 1 & 2, '11 - TO 1 & 2, Hamilton, '13 - Buffalo, Brooklyn 1 & 2, '15 - Global Citizen, '16 - TO 1 & 2, Chi 2

EV
    Toronto Film Festival 9/11/2007, '08 - Toronto 1 & 2, '09 - Albany 1, '11 - Chicago 1
  • Options
    BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,590

Yeah let's not do anything that might bring harm to the 60%+ of Americans who are overweight or morbidly obese.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

I don't know. I think it is a continuation of the "pettiness" that is in the right wing/GOP today.  I mean they are small.  What did they focus on this week?  Two new lies:
    1. That Biden is going to limit hamburger consumption to 4lbs per year.  Seriously.
    2. That Harris was putting a copy of her book into a "welcome packet" at the border.  

It's just lies, all lies, all the time.  Petty, small, and these memes, posts and nonsense are in the same category.

Sure, but people do that for a reason. They get something out of it. 
  • Options
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

Great that it's so convenient!

Try to avoid Route 666, though.
  • Options
    mrussel1 said:
    OnWis97 said:

Sure, but people do that for a reason. They get something out of it. 
    Yeah agreed.  It's like a cycle of misery between right politicians/media and their constituents.  
  • Options
    dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

From the town of my birth!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • Options
    Halifax2TheMaxHalifax2TheMax Posts: 36,972
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

Well, that explains a lot. But I would have thought that the God Squaders there would have had the name changed to "Heavenly Way"  or "Route 10C" by now. No wonder there's so much sinning in Flo Rida.
    09/15/1998 & 09/16/1998, Mansfield, MA; 08/29/00 08/30/00, Mansfield, MA; 07/02/03, 07/03/03, Mansfield, MA; 09/28/04, 09/29/04, Boston, MA; 09/22/05, Halifax, NS; 05/24/06, 05/25/06, Boston, MA; 07/22/06, 07/23/06, Gorge, WA; 06/27/2008, Hartford; 06/28/08, 06/30/08, Mansfield; 08/18/2009, O2, London, UK; 10/30/09, 10/31/09, Philadelphia, PA; 05/15/10, Hartford, CT; 05/17/10, Boston, MA; 05/20/10, 05/21/10, NY, NY; 06/22/10, Dublin, IRE; 06/23/10, Northern Ireland; 09/03/11, 09/04/11, Alpine Valley, WI; 09/11/11, 09/12/11, Toronto, Ont; 09/14/11, Ottawa, Ont; 09/15/11, Hamilton, Ont; 07/02/2012, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/04/2012 & 07/05/2012, Berlin, Germany; 07/07/2012, Stockholm, Sweden; 09/30/2012, Missoula, MT; 07/16/2013, London, Ont; 07/19/2013, Chicago, IL; 10/15/2013 & 10/16/2013, Worcester, MA; 10/21/2013 & 10/22/2013, Philadelphia, PA; 10/25/2013, Hartford, CT; 11/29/2013, Portland, OR; 11/30/2013, Spokane, WA; 12/04/2013, Vancouver, BC; 12/06/2013, Seattle, WA; 10/03/2014, St. Louis. MO; 10/22/2014, Denver, CO; 10/26/2015, New York, NY; 04/23/2016, New Orleans, LA; 04/28/2016 & 04/29/2016, Philadelphia, PA; 05/01/2016 & 05/02/2016, New York, NY; 05/08/2016, Ottawa, Ont.; 05/10/2016 & 05/12/2016, Toronto, Ont.; 08/05/2016 & 08/07/2016, Boston, MA; 08/20/2016 & 08/22/2016, Chicago, IL; 07/01/2018, Prague, Czech Republic; 07/03/2018, Krakow, Poland; 07/05/2018, Berlin, Germany; 09/02/2018 & 09/04/2018, Boston, MA; 09/08/2022, Toronto, Ont; 09/11/2022, New York, NY; 09/14/2022, Camden, NJ; 09/02/2023, St. Paul, MN; 05/04/2024 & 05/06/2024, Vancouver, BC; 05/10/2024, Portland, OR;

Libtardaplorable©. And proud of it.

Brilliantati©
  • Options
    dankind said:
    hedonist said:
    brianlux said:

Well, that's Florida for ya
This discussion has been closed.