The coronavirus

Comments

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    I just started taking Ashwagandha, having heard many good benefits from people I trust, and apparently it won't cause further damage to my liver (or kidneys).  Anything to keep my system strong!  Exercise is quite helpful too.
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    hedonist said:
    I just started taking Ashwagandha, having heard many good benefits from people I trust, and apparently it won't cause further damage to my liver (or kidneys).  Anything to keep my system strong!  Exercise is quite helpful too.

That looks like a very helpful herb.  I must look into that one further.  Thanks for mentioning it.  I hope it's helping you!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,094
    OnWis97 said:
    mace1229 said:
    mace1229 said:
    Took a trip for fall break this week. We went to Ft Worth, our 2 little boys like dressing like cowboys and watching the old black and white westerns.  everything we do there is outside, like watching the cattle drive. We flew in July because we heard about the policies of half empty planes and felt okay with that. Assumed this would be the same this time and felt okay with this trip, but no. Every seat full. Was weird and uncomfortable being elbow to elbow with a complete stranger for 2 hours. 
    Air flights have been like that for quite a while im surprised you didn’t realize that, specially all the videos of idiots fighting in the isles.. hope you & family enjoyed your trip though! 
    Ha, haven’t seen anyone fighting. Only seems like a few weeks ago the topic of travel for fall break came up and I remember a few others having the same experience as me in the summer, very empty flights. Had no idea they were packed now. I’m not surprised, they could survive with half empty planes for much longer I wouldn’t think.

I'm not even considering flying for a while, but I think some airlies are at least doing the middle-seat-empty thing (Delta, maybe, but don't quote me).

I’m with you. I will not step on an airplane until it’s obvious covid is at least six months in our rear view mirror.

Airlines think they are being smart ignoring social distancing by cramming every seat not realizing they are promoting many to not trust them. Not requiring disclosure of full flight capacity at time of purchase is absurd, but that’s what you get in a country that votes for a republican president,
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    new zealand PM wins second term in a landslide victory, many believe due to her handling of the coronavirus crisis. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

• 23scidoo23scidoo Thessaloniki,Greece Posts: 18,413
    ECDC
    Athens 2006. Dusseldorf 2007. Berlin 2009. Venice 2010. Amsterdam 1 2012. Amsterdam 1+2 2014. Buenos Aires 2015.
    Prague Krakow Berlin 2018. Berlin 2022
    EV, Taormina 1+2 2017.

I wish i was the souvenir you kept your house key on..
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    on a personal note, i saw my doc today. i let him know that i have been having daytime fatigue/malaise/low energy for the last few months. he said this could be due to lingering effects from the rona. i had a couple of negative tests over the last 3 months and have never had any other symptoms. i had an antibody test done today just to check to see if i ended up really having it. waiting to see if that shows anything. 

Good man for getting it checked out!  Hopefully the test will continue to run negative.  Could be you have fatigue from the stress of living in the shadow of the Orange National Nightmare.  Keep us posted!
    thanks dude. got my results just now. negative for covid antibodies, so i have not gotten it up until this point. 

as for the fatigue, i have not really been exercising as much the last several months, so doc thinks that may be playing a role. he wants to check my thyroid and i suggested checking my testosterone, so get to do that on Monday.

it could be stress from work. it is the 4th quarter and i am one of only 15 reps in the country in a position to hit my quota so i have been pushing really hard for that. maybe the fatigue will go away at the end of the year. or maybe it will go away when we do not have to hear about the constant embarrassment coming from the west wing on a daily basis.

Hey man, glad to hear you tested negative for COVID!

I have chronic fatigue due to having had Epstein Barr virus in the 80's.  It never really goes away, so I'm always checking out ways to boost my immune system.  One thing I just read this morning says that drinking fresh celery juice helps.  The book is called Medical Medium Celery Juice, by Anthony William.  I am always skeptical about such claims but I figure, what the heck, I have a juicer and it just celery, so I'll give it a try.

Meanwhile, I hope your energy improves.  And, yes, if things go well in November, I'm guessing we'll all feel much better! 
    i will definitely check that out. i wonder how a calorie negative food can be helpful but there has got to be a way. i am just happy i have not had the rona. i can deal with this fatigue if i stay active. let me know how the celery juice works out.
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
  • josevolutionjosevolution Posts: 28,258
    new zealand PM wins second term in a landslide victory, many believe due to her handling of the coronavirus crisis. 
    I wish she was running this mess of a country, I trust a woman to do good by all citizens not just the 1%..
    jesus greets me looks just like me ....
    brianlux said:
    brianlux said:
    on a personal note, i saw my doc today. i let him know that i have been having daytime fatigue/malaise/low energy for the last few months. he said this could be due to lingering effects from the rona. i had a couple of negative tests over the last 3 months and have never had any other symptoms. i had an antibody test done today just to check to see if i ended up really having it. waiting to see if that shows anything. 

Good man for getting it checked out!  Hopefully the test will continue to run negative.  Could be you have fatigue from the stress of living in the shadow of the Orange National Nightmare.  Keep us posted!
    thanks dude. got my results just now. negative for covid antibodies, so i have not gotten it up until this point. 

as for the fatigue, i have not really been exercising as much the last several months, so doc thinks that may be playing a role. he wants to check my thyroid and i suggested checking my testosterone, so get to do that on Monday.

it could be stress from work. it is the 4th quarter and i am one of only 15 reps in the country in a position to hit my quota so i have been pushing really hard for that. maybe the fatigue will go away at the end of the year. or maybe it will go away when we do not have to hear about the constant embarrassment coming from the west wing on a daily basis.

Hey man, glad to hear you tested negative for COVID!

I have chronic fatigue due to having had Epstein Barr virus in the 80's.  It never really goes away, so I'm always checking out ways to boost my immune system.  One thing I just read this morning says that drinking fresh celery juice helps.  The book is called Medical Medium Celery Juice, by Anthony William.  I am always skeptical about such claims but I figure, what the heck, I have a juicer and it just celery, so I'll give it a try.

Meanwhile, I hope your energy improves.  And, yes, if things go well in November, I'm guessing we'll all feel much better! 
    i will definitely check that out. i wonder how a calorie negative food can be helpful but there has got to be a way. i am just happy i have not had the rona. i can deal with this fatigue if i stay active. let me know how the celery juice works out.

Will do!
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    It was definitely a referendum on the Covid response. The opposition repeatedly said they'd do things differently and given our success that means Kiwis didn't trust their response plan. Since it is ongoing we wanted continuity and the same successful approach. Labour has its holes and is top-heavy but their leader is fantastic and we're proud to have her as our PM. Were she the head of National we'd be just as proud. Smash the response to Covid and win an election in a landslide. Who would have thunk it, eh Donald?
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    JT167846 said:
    It was definitely a referendum on the Covid response. The opposition repeatedly said they'd do things differently and given our success that means Kiwis didn't trust their response plan. Since it is ongoing we wanted continuity and the same successful approach. Labour has its holes and is top-heavy but their leader is fantastic and we're proud to have her as our PM. Were she the head of National we'd be just as proud. Smash the response to Covid and win an election in a landslide. Who would have thunk it, eh Donald?
    true, but taking away perceived freedoms for the greater good is a much harder sell in america than pretty much anywhere else on the planet. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

JT167846 said:
    true, but taking away perceived freedoms for the greater good is a much harder sell in america than pretty much anywhere else on the planet. 
    We are totally selfish! It’s not what’s good for all people I just wanna get mine attitude that ruins Americans, I’m not excluding myself..
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 779
    The toxic reverence for that word for way too many Americans had led it to where the whole country is today. Dickheads just won't grow up and do what they're told all the while thinking they're exercising their rights to freedom. There are many all over the world, including here, but the most powerful country in the world is always going to be thrust under the biggest microscope and here sadly one of its foibles is laid bare for the world to see.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Wasn't America founded on not doing what they're told?  That's why they rebelled and created their own constitution.  Fragmenting power between 3 levels of government, so no 1 person could tell them what to do?

This is a theme upon which America was built :P
  • Meltdown99Meltdown99 None Of Your Business... Posts: 10,739
    Zod said:
    Wasn't America founded on not doing what they're told?  That's why they rebelled and created their own constitution.  Fragmenting power between 3 levels of government, so no 1 person could tell them what to do?

America was founded on the genocide of 1st nations people, just like Canada...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Zod said:

Individual freedom, which has traditionally never been conceptualized as the freedom to harm others. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,943
    Zod said:

Individual freedom, which has traditionally never been conceptualized as the freedom to harm others. 
    Umm didn't they spend the first hundred or so years enslaving African Americans and mass genocide of Native Americans?

Zod said:
    Zod said:

Umm didn't they spend the first hundred or so years enslaving African Americans and mass genocide of Native Americans?

Exactly, Zod.  I know some people came to America to seek freedom.  My Amish ancestors came here to escape the religious persecution they faced in Europe.  Others came for similar reasons.  But the flip side of that is that many came for the "opportunities" the land presented and did so by way of continental conquest.  It's all summed up in the Carl Wilson song, "The Trader":

Trader sailed a jeweled crown
    Humanity rowed the way
    Exploring to command more land
    Scheming how to rule the waves.
    Trader spied a virgin plain
    And named it for velvet robes
    Wrote home declaring,
    "There's a place
    Where totally folks are free
    (Happily completely)
    Nourishment fills the prairies and the hillsides
    And animals stalk the mountains and the seaside
    And fish abound the lakes and birds the skies
    Signed sincerely."

Trader found the jeweled land
    Was occupied before he came
    By humans of a second look
    Who couldn't even write their names shame
    Trader said they're not as good
    As folks who wear velvet robes
    Wrote home again and asked, "Please help
    Their breasts I see; they're not like me
    Banish them from our prairies and our hillsides
    Clear them from our mountains and our seaside
    I want them off our lakes so please reply
    Signed sincerely."

Trader he got the crown okay
    Cleared humanity from his way
    He civilized all he saw
    Making changes every single day say
    Shops sprang over the prairies and the hillsides
    Then roads cut through the mountains to the seaside
    The other kind fled to hide, by and by,
    And so sincerely
    Cried.

• oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Zod said:
    Zod said:

I was not meaning it in that sense; more the sense of the political philosophers of the time, but if applying the principle to those issues, that's a matter of who was viewed as having rights and who was not, in a legal and moral sense. Currently in the US all people are viewed as having certain legal and moral rights, and the traditional definition of freedom did not include intruding on others' rights, but apparently now it does. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,393
    edited October 2020

It's bizarre, I tell ya, as a Canadian, waiting for the hammer to drop and wondering why in the hell have we been spared thus far, hoping the trend will continue but fearing the Earth will be ravaged.

Post edited by Spunkie on
    Six feet and masks. I think Canada has shown it can handle that. In the USA that’s like asking for someone’s first born.
  • Could it be canada is more spread out? Just a theory
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
    O Canada- you rock!

Could it be canada is more spread out? Just a theory
    they do have a number of larger cities.
  • Swedish students playing ”norweigan soft/base ball”

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    Could it be canada is more spread out? Just a theory
    You’d be correct, we country of 35 million and the hotspots are in the heavily populated regions...
    Give Peas A Chance…
  • Worried about India

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    https://apple.news/AAyH-VAxHS_eI7uHkDp2OTQ
    Dangerous & in humane i hope this country will learn from this dark episode of voting for a total dirt bag narcissist pig & if you’re still thinking of sitting this one out I think that’s a giant mistake we’re heade for 300k deaths with no stopping in sight! 
    Dangerous & in humane i hope this country will learn from this dark episode of voting for a total dirt bag narcissist pig & if you’re still thinking of sitting this one out I think that’s a giant mistake we’re heade for 300k deaths with no stopping in sight! 
    How many deaths can be attributed to your shitty health care system?  How many people with no health coverage or inadequate coverage waited too late to seek help?  Blaming everything on Trump or any politician is kind of a simplistic way of looking at things...and the democrats care very little about poor people's health, just like the republicans don't care...because if any of them did then you'd have universal health care.  You guys may have the latest and greatest hospitals but I would never surrender my universal coverage for YOUR greedy system that only puts profits ahead of people...

Give Peas A Chance…
  • Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    edited October 2020
    How many deaths can be attributed to your shitty health care system?  How many people with no health coverage or inadequate coverage waited too late to seek help?  Blaming everything on Trump or any politician is kind of a simplistic way of looking at things...and the democrats care very little about poor people's health, just like the republicans don't care...because if any of them did then you'd have universal health care.  You guys may have the latest and greatest hospitals but I would never surrender my universal coverage for YOUR greedy system that only puts profits ahead of people...

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2020/oct/07/covid-nurse-new-york-financial-help

In a country where access to affordable healthcare is not guaranteed, New York City nurse Derrick Smith struck a nerve across the US after sharing the last words of a Covid-19 patient who minutes before being intubated asked: “Who’s going to pay for it?”

His Facebook post went viral six months ago, when cases in the city were surging and the streets echoed with the constant sound of ambulance sirens.

Today, Smith is shocked about how little the US has done to address healthcare costs during a global pandemic. In part because he has seen Covid-19 patients fearful of the eventual price tag for care leave his hospital against doctors’ advice.

Smith told the Guardian the inaction was “probably the most upsetting part about it. I don’t know another critical healthcare event that could take place that would necessitate instituting some sort of measure to universalize access to healthcare.”

Post edited by Spiritual_Chaos on

ACÁ was a start it’s wasn’t perfect ! In comes this administration wants to just gut it with no replacement yes both sides have missed the boat but to not blame Covidiot is blind just by him stating from the beginning that masks save lives it could of saved thousands of lives! 
This discussion has been closed.