Seattle Has Fallen...

Comments

• Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    nicknyr15 said:
    So that’s three shootings in two nights. No mention of it by the mayor of course. But happy Father’s Day and happy Juneteenth. And be sure to “Stay Home. Stay Healthy.” 

2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    nicknyr15 said:
    So that’s three shootings in two nights. No mention of it by the mayor of course. But happy Father’s Day and happy Juneteenth. And be sure to “Stay Home. Stay Healthy.” 

I hate to say it because I’d never want to sound like Trump, but there is some weak leadership over there right now. Something has to be done 
  • Ledbetterman10Ledbetterman10 Posts: 16,712
    edited June 2020
    nicknyr15 said:
    nicknyr15 said:

I hate to say it because I’d never want to sound like Trump, but there is some weak leadership over there right now. Something has to be done 
    Yeah he's the "Boy Who Cried Weak Democratic Leadership" for sure, but even a broken clock is right twice a day as the old saying goes. 
    Post edited by Ledbetterman10 on
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    edited June 2020
    I was on a meeting today, and apparently, an alt-right march into CHOP is in the works for, I think, July 4. So, yeah, those John Brown folks very much might be needed; otherwise, it's basically a turkey shoot for the counterprotesters.
    Post edited by dankind on
    I SAW PEARL JAM
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    Every time I see this thread title, I think of Cat’s Morning Has Broken.

Not quite as hopeful, though. 
  • PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    Sure is quiet on the CHOP front...I’m guessing they finally confiscated everyone’s phones and cameras in the freedom wonderland...
  • brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    PJPOWER said:
    Sure is quiet on the CHOP front...I’m guessing they finally confiscated everyone’s phones and cameras in the freedom wonderland...

Apparently it's being "de-escalated" and "dismantled".  No much staying power with that experiment. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• PJPOWERPJPOWER In Yo Face Posts: 6,499
    brianlux said:
    PJPOWER said:

Apparently it's being "de-escalated" and "dismantled".  No much staying power with that experiment. 
    Awww, that makes sense...I’m sure there will be some holdouts that aren’t ready for the end.  Hope they don’t stir shit up.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    What did they hope to gain out of this?

With no true leaders and rules the place was destined for failure.
    What did they hope to gain out of this?

With no true leaders and rules the place was destined for failure.

Exactly!  It has been an interesting experiment but never coalesced with a central objective because it was too fragmented. Kind of like America in general these days. 
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”

• jeffbrjeffbr Seattle Posts: 7,177
    Leadership was absolutely THE issue with these guys. They were supposed to join other community activist groups at meetings with police and city leadership, and were no-shows. They contradict one another. One "leader's" faction makes one decision, and the next day a different "leader" says something different. Established BLM groups and community activist groups have disassociated from them. The police will be returning to the East Precinct, but no time frame or method given. I'm guessing it will be very soon. Another shooting this morning, so 3 days in a row. From what I understand, activist groups who ARE working with the city are in CHOP talking with "leadership" there trying to assist the city/police in returning to the East Precinct and re-opening the place safely and peacefully. I think they'll let the demonstrations continue at Cal Anderson Park, but they want the blocks and streets back for public use.  CHOP became about something other than racial equality and BLM. But what exactly is still TBD. They have a few basic demands, but in general can't even coordinate among themselves. 

Their biggest success in my mind is that there is now a BHAZ (Black House Autonomous Zone) setting up near the Whitehouse, which has to make Drumpf apoplectic. 
    "I'll use the magic word - let's just shut the fuck up, please." EV, 04/13/08
    jeffbr said:
    Leadership was absolutely THE issue with these guys. They were supposed to join other community activist groups at meetings with police and city leadership, and were no-shows. They contradict one another. One "leader's" faction makes one decision, and the next day a different "leader" says something different. Established BLM groups and community activist groups have disassociated from them. The police will be returning to the East Precinct, but no time frame or method given. I'm guessing it will be very soon. Another shooting this morning, so 3 days in a row. From what I understand, activist groups who ARE working with the city are in CHOP talking with "leadership" there trying to assist the city/police in returning to the East Precinct and re-opening the place safely and peacefully. I think they'll let the demonstrations continue at Cal Anderson Park, but they want the blocks and streets back for public use.  CHOP became about something other than racial equality and BLM. But what exactly is still TBD. They have a few basic demands, but in general can't even coordinate among themselves. 

Their biggest success in my mind is that there is now a BHAZ (Black House Autonomous Zone) setting up near the Whitehouse, which has to make Drumpf apoplectic. 

I hadn't heard about BHAZ before but a quick search makes it look like this is going the wrong way fast:

"Protesters vandalized the front of the historic St. Luke’s Episcopal Church by spray-painting “BHAZ” on its facade while the boarded-up Hay-Adams Hotel..."

https://nypost.com/2020/06/23/activists-tried-to-set-up-cop-free-bhaz-outside-white-house/

Wow, that is counter-productive, and will only embolden Trump to "dominate" them.  Probably not the smartest move.
    jeffbr said:
    Wow, that is counter-productive, and will only embolden Trump to "dominate" them.  Probably not the smartest move.

I wonder- are the people ruining the movement just idiots or are they infiltrators?  You never know.

More signs of wide spread protesting:
    Image may contain text that says Really now we are protesting road repairs END ROAD WORK This is out of hand

• nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 7,638
    brianlux said:
    Image may contain text that says Really now we are protesting road repairs END ROAD WORK This is out of hand

That’s awesome haha. I’m for it. 
    nicknyr15 said:
    brianlux said:

That’s awesome haha. I’m for it. 
    Save the endangered American Pot Hole!
     :lol: 

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    hedonist said:

I got shit (or is that id?) for the title but it sure is seeming more appropriate now. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    edited June 2020
    BS44325 said:
    hedonist said:

I got shit (or is that id?) for the title but it sure is seeming more appropriate now. 
      6 blocks represents the entire city?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    edited June 2020
    mickeyrat said:
    BS44325 said:
    hedonist said:

LOL. 

If "Seattle has fallen",  six blocks must be a black hole. 

Stay away from that thing, jeffbr !!!

• BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    mickeyrat said:
    BS44325 said:
    hedonist said:

Canadian math?
    mickeyrat said:
    BS44325 said:
    hedonist said:

Canadian math?
    fucking metric system......
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • HughFreakingDillonHughFreakingDillon Winnipeg Posts: 35,808
    in canada at least we know 63 million beats 60 million. 
    Darwinspeed, all. 

Cheers,

HFD

this is true.

in the absence of electors...

brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    BS44325 said:
    hedonist said:

LOL. 

I can feel the pull!! I'm holding on by my fingernails. lol
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    Sorry, but no we don’t. If we did we’d have a Conservative minority government, see my comment in the Canadian politics thread where I suggested the CPC were Canada’s Hillary, which was shot down at the time and will be again I’m sure.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    BS44325 said:
    hedonist said:

LOL. 

Careful.  

hedonist said:
    brianlux said:
    mickeyrat said:
    BS44325 said:
    hedonist said:

LOL. 

Careful.  

Oops!  hide 

• BS44325BS44325 Posts: 6,124
    mickeyrat said:
    BS44325 said:
    hedonist said:

It’s not your 6 blocks so I guess it’s cool then. Talk about privilege.