WTF Podcast with Marc Maron

Comments

• LukinFanLukinFan Florida Posts: 28,972
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Holy Shit!!! PITT AND DICAPRIO on monday......
    Big talk!

Are they in a movie together? It's strange that he's interviewing both at the same time. 
    oh yeah, Tarantino. Once upon a time in Hollywood. late 60s era.....
    That's right. I still need to see this one. Looking forward to the talk. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

1996: Ft Lauderdale
    1998: Birmingham
    2000: Charlotte, Tampa
    2003: Tampa, Atlanta, Phoenix
    2004: Kissimmee
    2008: West Palm Beach, Bonnaroo, Columbia
    2010: MSG2
    2012: Music Midtown
    2014: Memphis
    2016: Ft. Lauderdale, Miami, Jacksonville, JazzFest
    2018: Wrigley 1, Fenway 1
    2022: Nashville
    2023: Ft. Worth II
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,410
    oh man that was a great one. brad and leo were fully in it.

be great to hear individual talks.  hope that happens.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Joe Mantegna today.  this should be pretty good. Always liked him.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    Brian Cox today and Josh Klinghoffer on Thursday. Klinghoffers was from before being firedby the chili peppers....

mickeyrat said:
    Brian Cox today and Josh Klinghoffer on Thursday. Klinghoffers was from before being firedby the chili peppers....
    I haven't listened to JK's yet, but I thought Maron's weekly email said it was after he was fired. I could be wrong though. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

booked before, talk just a couple days after.

Its a good one.

AND JK is opening for PJ as PLURALONE? Marc covered that in the opening ramble.

• Jearlpam0925Jearlpam0925 Deep South Philly Posts: 16,757
    Came here to post this.

My theory is with how quickly this happened that the Peppers reached out to PJ to do him a favor in a way.
    mickeyrat said:

Its a good one.

I'm curious what (if anything) he said about Pearl Jam. When a guest brings them up, he seems like he is not a fan. I think he compared them to Bad Company one time in an interview? 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

Its a good one.

I'm curious what (if anything) he said about Pearl Jam. When a guest brings them up, he seems like he is not a fan. I think he compared them to Bad Company one time in an interview? 
    He did. Actually, while listening this morning, made me wonder why he hasn't interviewed them yet. Or at least one of them. Maybe with the new tour and album it's part of the promo circuit.
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

Its a good one.

He did. Actually, while listening this morning, made me wonder why he hasn't interviewed them yet. Or at least one of them. Maybe with the new tour and album it's part of the promo circuit.
    it wasnt a part of the talk. when jk was fired , pj hadnt announced the new record or north am tour yet.
    I still think, after that hosting thing he did for flea, where he introduced ed , a conversation happened about coming on.......

mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

Its a good one.

it wasnt a part of the talk. when jk was fired , pj hadnt announced the new record or north am tour yet.
    I still think, after that hosting thing he did for flea, where he introduced ed , a conversation happened about coming on.......

This is what I'm saying - I mean it's completely made up in my head, but Josh was let go like a month ago right?  I didn't know if his side project was going to be a live/touring thing, then it became a possibility once his schedule opened up. But listening to his interview, though, this guy seemed to have just fallen backwards into every amazing opportunity imaginable.
    mickeyrat said:
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

Its a good one.

This is what I'm saying - I mean it's completely made up in my head, but Josh was let go like a month ago right?  I didn't know if his side project was going to be a live/touring thing, then it became a possibility once his schedule opened up. But listening to his interview, though, this guy seemed to have just fallen backwards into every amazing opportunity imaginable.
    oh he absolutely did. fired dec 15. having just released a full length album nov 22.......

fucking bullshit quoting and copy pastes.....

from his wiki..

On August 16, 2019, Klinghoffer released his first solo single Io Sono Quel Che Sono B/W Menina Mulher Da Pele Preta under the name Pluralone.[34] The single was made available on vinyl on August 30, 2019.[35] The album featured two covers of non-English songs; Io Sono Quel Che Sono is a cover of Italian singer Mina, and Menina Mulher Da Pele Preta is by Brazilian singer Jorge Ben. Klinghoffer performed all instruments and vocals across these two tracks, with album art by Dot Hacker partner Eric Gardner.

Klinghoffer released a follow-up album titled To Be One With You on November 22, 2019 under the name Pluralone.[36] The album features guest appearances from fellow and former Red Hot Chili Peppers bandmates Flea and Jack Irons, respectively. Members of Klinghoffer's band Dot Hacker also appeared along with former Jane's Addiction bassist Eric Avery.[36]

• LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:

Its a good one.

He has fourteen million guests wanting to go on to promote shit.

And most podcasts and general media things would want Eddie Vedder - they do not want "today we have on the bass player from Pearl Jam".

When interviewing Chris Cornell he did know his shit about the 80s scene in Seattle etc -- so a sit down with Stone and Jeff could be very interesting.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    oh boy.....
    Ronan Farrow on today......

mickeyrat said:
    oh boy.....
    The name doesn’t sound familiar. I haven’t had a chance to read the weekly email yet either. 
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

edited February 2020
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    oh boy.....
    The name doesn’t sound familiar. I haven’t had a chance to read the weekly email yet either. 
    journalist. he essentially broke me too wide open. Mia Farrows son. So he'll have some to say about woody allen too......
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

• LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    oh boy.....
    Mia Farrow (and most people seem to be certain Frank SInatras) son. Grew up with Woody Allen as his dad. Pulitzer price winning journalist. Broke metoo stories about Harvey Weinstein. 
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    oh boy.....
    Mia Farrow (and most people seem to be certain Frank SInatras) son. Grew up with Woody Allen as his dad. Pulitzer price winning journalist. Broke metoo stories about Harvey Weinstein. 
    Awesome - thanks!
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    This is a bummer. Feel terrible for Maron. He’s been talking about her a ton. 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.nytimes.com/2020/05/16/obituaries/lynn-shelton-dead.amp.html
    well fuck.

• CROJAM95CROJAM95 Posts: 9,015
    That’s terrible, condolences

wonder what, if any yet, opening commentary will be made for the Lynn remembering episode up today

mickeyrat said:
    wonder what, if any yet, opening commentary will be made for the Lynn remembering episode up today
    It's rough.
    mickeyrat said:
    It's rough.

yeah, I had to stop the back end stuff. That talk was great though. I wish he would have included this recent little thing they did , addressing Marc's omission of her name in relating some stuff...

I just finished the first half of Monday's show. The beginning was pretty tough. I couldn't imagine what he's going through.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

Seinfeld on today.....

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,867
    mickeyrat said:
    Seinfeld on today.....
    Never a good guest.
    mickeyrat said:
    Seinfeld on today.....

Great talk! So glad he finally came on.
    www.RLMcDaniel.com

LukinFan said:
    mickeyrat said:
    Seinfeld on today.....

Great talk! So glad he finally came on.
    I don't know. I mean it's entertaining to hear two comedians talk to each other, but that guy never lets his guard down.