Options

Tool

Comments

• Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    edited April 2020
    PJNB said:
    While I would love new Tool, I won’t be getting my hopes up... Danny has a track record of making optimistic comments about new material that don’t pan out. 
    Ya I seem to remember he or one of the other two made headlines soon after 10,000 Days was out saying new music was coming soon or something along those lines. That said no lawsuit now for an excuse and being lockdown could mean something sooner rather than later. Fingers crossed but well aware of what is likely to happen. 
    Hey, I hope I’m wrong. I’ll just wait for a lot more than this to get my hopes up. 

It’s been almost 25 years since they didn’t take at least 5 years between releases. 
    Post edited by Merkin Baller on
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    I want the Fear Inoculum vinyl!
    Gotta get the 10000 Days vinyl released first
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    Of The AggieOf The Aggie The ATX Posts: 1,493
    JT167846 said:
    Gotta get the 10000 Days vinyl released first
    Yeah that too
  • Options
    pearljammr78pearljammr78 Posts: 1,613
    How about a proper vinyl release of Lateralus and Aenima. 
    Peace,Love and Pearl Jam.
  • Options
    Edved82Edved82 Ireland Posts: 1,251
    I was just going to ask about this. There's still been no official release of Fear Inoculum on vinyl? Seen some pressings online but I'm assuming these are unofficial.
    "...though my problems are meaningless....that don't make them go away...."
  • Options
    mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,385
    YES
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com
  • Options
    Edved82 said:
    I was just going to ask about this. There's still been no official release of Fear Inoculum on vinyl? Seen some pressings online but I'm assuming these are unofficial.
    Bootlegs.  There has been no official pressing.
  • Options
    Edved82 said:
    Bootlegs.  There has been no official pressing.
    Cool thanks. Hopefully it's out sooner rather than later!
  • Options
    Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 10,495
    I refuse to buy any bootlegs... I’m saving my money for when the band does it right.
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,114
    I refuse to buy any bootlegs... I’m saving my money for when the band does it right.
    Might be waiting in perpetuity. 
  • Options
    JT167846JT167846 Posts: 820
    mfc2006 said:
    YES
    You mean rerelease? Both of them were released officially. It's just that the former is two picture discs which despite being widely available is notorious for sounding shitty and the latter's out of print.

I'm wondering what the priority is for Tool regarding vinyl. Is it:
    10000 Days release
    Fear Inoculum release
    Ænima rerelease
    Lateralus rerelease with plain vinyl
    Salival release
    Opiate/Undertow remasters

I'd say it's been so long since Ænima's official release that it would be number one on most audiophiles' wish lists, but the lack of a 10000 Days release may make that just as coveted. I would say that due to the stereoscopic nature of the 10000 Days CD package that any vinyl layout would be an absolute bitch and I'd reckon that the stereoscopic lenses would have to be forfeited to make the vinyl package viable.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
  • Options
    NSLNSL Nashville, TN Posts: 291
    I don't see Salival getting released
    2004-10-06 - Asheville, NC
    2013-10-30 - Charlotte, NC
    2016-04-16 - Greenville, SC
    2016-04-20 - Raleigh, NC
    2016-04-21 - Columbia, SC
    2016-05-01 - New York, NY
    2022-09-16 - Nashville, TN
    2022-09-17 - Louisville, KY
    2023-09-10 - Noblesville, IN
    2023-09-13 - Fort Worth, TX
    2023-09-15 - Fort Worth, TX
  • Options
    pjl44pjl44 Posts: 8,067
    Welp, the Tool focus was fun while it lasted. I'll admit I took it for granted.

• Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
    Puscifer shows are fun. The lucha libre tour for Money $hot was amazing.
  • Options
    Puscifer shows are fun. The lucha libre tour for Money $hot was amazing.
    It was indeed fun but I far preferred the Conditions of My Parole album and tour. I thought that show was incredible. I'm fully aware of what he's doing, but still prefer it when he dials back the camp.
  • Options
    Conditions of My Parole was the only album of Puscifer's I could actually listen to and I really liked it.
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Is anyone else not seeing a refund option for their Tool tickets? I am waiting for my QC tickets to show an option for a refund but so far I have seen nothing and I have heard of other shows having the option. With no live chat available I guess I will have to call and see whats up. 
  • Options
    PJNB said:
    Is anyone else not seeing a refund option for their Tool tickets? I am waiting for my QC tickets to show an option for a refund but so far I have seen nothing and I have heard of other shows having the option. With no live chat available I guess I will have to call and see whats up. 
    Nope. My show was scheduled for over a month ago and still just shows as postponed.

Some big band should announce a TBA tour and just collect a bunch of money from people. "Boston! The Chili Peppers are coming one of these days. Please send us $300 and we'll secure you a pair of tickets. We'll get around to scheduling eventually so keep an eye on your inbox over the next year for a date." Effectively the same thing.
  • Options
    And there we have it...

• Options
    eeriepadaveeeriepadave West Chester, PA Posts: 40,878
    pjl44 said:
    And there we have it...

that's understandable. Sucks for the fans that have waited to see them though. Luckily I saw them late last year.
    bf959b1f-9b77-457c-baf8-038776f33339_zps8a6a389d.jpg?t=1365722973
    8/28/98- Camden, NJ
    10/31/09- Philly
    5/21/10- NYC
    9/2/12- Philly, PA
    7/19/13- Wrigley
    10/19/13- Brooklyn, NY
    10/21/13- Philly, PA
    10/22/13- Philly, PA
    10/27/13- Baltimore, MD
    Tres Mts.- 3/23/11- Philly
    Eddie Vedder- 6/25/11- Philly
  • Options
    PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,754
    Good to finally hear. How were the other shows besides Montreal and QC selling? Those were the only two I was checking up on and MTL was ok at best and QC was awful. 
  • Options
    darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,476
    Really wanted to hear 7empest live but if Fresno is my last Tool show for awhile, I can't complain.
  • Options
    I'm a little bummed. They could have offered full refunds but let fans who can afford it and like their seat locations to keep the tickets and the hope that they have actual Tool tickets for a new album tour. 
  • Options
    Really wanted to hear 7empest live but if Fresno is my last Tool show for awhile, I can't complain.
    I feel the same way. That Fresno show was something special. 
  • Options
    The more I listen to it, the more I think that Fear Inoculum is a masterpiece of our time. Amazing amazing album.
  • Options
    mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,780
    bootleg aenima on amazon. motherfucker lists it for $1496.00. AND 3.99 shipping.
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
  • Options
    Edved82 said:
    The more I listen to it, the more I think that Fear Inoculum is a masterpiece of our time. Amazing amazing album.
    +1
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    mickeyrat said:
    bootleg aenima on amazon. motherfucker lists it for $1496.00. AND 3.99 shipping.
    "Sold my soul to make a record, then some asshole with too much disposable income bought one."

Dipshit.
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    dudemandudeman Posts: 2,975
    Edved82 said:
    "Bless this immunity."
    If hope can grow from dirt like me, it can be done. - EV
  • Options
    Edved82 said:
    +1