Tool

1121122123124125127»

Comments

• pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,264
    I'm telling you they're playing the long game. One of these dumb emails where they're selling Alex Grey bedsheets will include a quick note and link for signed Aenima vinyl at the end.
  • Merkin BallerMerkin Baller Posts: 11,227
    pjl44 said:
    I'm telling you they're playing the long game. One of these dumb emails where they're selling Alex Grey bedsheets will include a quick note and link for signed Aenima vinyl at the end.
    To the tune of $1,000, I'm sure. 
  • BrainofBGABrainofBGA Posts: 4,174
    pjl44 said:
    With some elaborate obscure packaging that doesn’t fit in with the rest of vinyl collection. 
    Melbourne #1 '98
    Melbourne #2 '03
    Melbourne #3 '03
    Melbourne #1 '06
    Melbourne #3 '06
    Melbourne '09
    Melbourne '14
  • GB281198GB281198 Posts: 456
    I don't know what I laughed at harder the skull or the baby clothes. You know they're f'ing with us.
  • JT167846JT167846 Posts: 899
    pjl44 said:
    With some elaborate obscure packaging that doesn’t fit in with the rest of vinyl collection. 
    The artwork won't be the same due to the Cam de Leon lawsuit either. Being signed up for the mailing list is crazy and same with merch. Went from barely a peep and did all to borderline spam. They must have just outsourced and gone fuck it. But it's gone so far the other way that the happy medium we were hoping for went out the window. Plus the big irony is the lack of vinyl despite all this other crap. My only hope is that they are negotiating with de Leon to use his art again and keep it the same which could result in it taking ages. I wonder if in previous years the mystery surrounding the band was self cultivated or they were just so prone to fucking things up which resulted in lawsuits/NDAs that that was the main reason why they were so reclusive. It's common knowledge it impacted their writing-just sucks we should have had two more albums as I love their music as much as PJ.
    Stars are suns to other people.

Wellington 1998
    London 2007
    Brisbane 2009
    Stockholm 2012
    Amsterdam 1 & 2 2014
    EV Dublin 2017
    Milan 2018
    Padova 2018
    Boston 2 2018
    Saw the BEAT tour last night… holy hell that might be the most talented group of musicians I’ve ever seen together in my life. If you’re on the fence about going… make it happen. 
  • Attaway77Attaway77 Posts: 3,090
    edited October 18
    Decent interview. I like this channel, she has a lot of cool musicians on there. (Ozzy Osbourne tomorrow night Rock n’ Roll hall of fame induction. Maynard is going to sing something)

https://youtu.be/s4HZxthh5UY?si=ENzxxue5kCGL8zGj
    Post edited by Attaway77 on
    1998 Dallas (7/5) 2006 San Fran (7/15,7/16) 2009 San Fran (8/28) 2010 Bristow (5/13) NY (5/21) 2011 Alpine Valley (9/3,9/4)
    2012 Missoula (9/30) 2013 Chicago (7/19) Pittsburgh (10/11) Buffalo (10/12) Baltimore (10/27) Dallas (11/15)
    2014 Austin (10/12) Memphis (10/14) St. Paul (10/19) Milwaukee (10/20) Denver (10/22)
    2016 Ft. Lauderdale (4/8) Miami (4/9) Hampton (4/18) Philly (4/28,4/29) NY (5/1,5/2) 2018 Seattle (8/10) Missoula (8/13) 2022 Nashville (9/16)

E.V. - 2008 Berkeley (4/8) 2012 Austin (11/9,11/12)
    Temple of the Dog - 2016 Upper Darby

• qontheboardqontheboard Posts: 784
    Saw the BEAT tour last night… holy hell that might be the most talented group of musicians I’ve ever seen together in my life. If you’re on the fence about going… make it happen. 
    I saw the show last night at Massey Hall. Just absolutely killer. I was already a huge fan of all four of them, and have seen them all numerous times in their respective projects. However the four of them together is really something special. They all had huge smiles on their faces at the end of show. Hopefully they do more together.

They’re playing the Egg in Albany this week…the things I would do to see this show in that venue. 
  • darthvedderdarthvedder Posts: 2,559
    Never thought I'd see Maynard front and center on the R&R HOF stage...and with Wolfgang Van Halen? Crazy Train, indeed. Not sure why Ozzy wasn't the last artist inducted on the night, DMB was rather anticlimactic. Of course, Ozzy should have been inducted a long time ago.
    Never thought I'd see Maynard front and center on the R&R HOF stage...and with Wolfgang Van Halen? Crazy Train, indeed. Not sure why Ozzy wasn't the last artist inducted on the night, DMB was rather anticlimactic. Of course, Ozzy should have been inducted a long time ago.
    RnR HOF has been a joke for some time now, but I do enjoy the induction ceremony. So far I’ve watched the Cher, Tribe Called Quest & Ozzy segments, and all 3 were phenomenal. 

Maynard did good on Crazy Train…. WVH is amazing. 
    They’re playing the Egg in Albany this week…the things I would do to see this show in that venue. 
    I couldn't swing Boston or NH so I grabbed a single for tomorrow. Am so pumped.
    pjl44 said:
    Oh man… Have you seen a show at the Egg before? If not, you’re in a real treat. Might be the most intimate venue I’ve been to. (Although the Schubert last week was no less amazing).

There’s still fv tickets available for Lynn in December… if you haven’t bought one yet, you probably will after tomorrow night. 
    edited October 20

Andrew Watt’s living the f’ing dream these days. 
    pjl44 said:
    Oh man… Have you seen a show at the Egg before? If not, you’re in a real treat. Might be the most intimate venue I’ve been to. (Although the Schubert last week was no less amazing).

There’s still fv tickets available for Lynn in December… if you haven’t bought one yet, you probably will after tomorrow night. 
    I've never been to the Egg. I do have Lynn tickets but got super antsy reading the reviews. Can't wait until December.
    pjl44 said:
    pjl44 said:

I've never been to the Egg. I do have Lynn tickets but got super antsy reading the reviews. Can't wait until December.
    Awesome. See you in Lynn…& I’m looking forward to your review from Albany. 
  • GB281198GB281198 Posts: 456
    https://youtu.be/IeKUP8Lvs4o

MJK doing Crazy Train!
  • nicknyr15nicknyr15 Posts: 8,341
    GB281198 said:
    https://youtu.be/IeKUP8Lvs4o

MJK doing Crazy Train!
    Great performance all around! Chad is such a beast on
     The kit. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    Watt has like 3 inch soles on those shoes lol...
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    I think Billy Idol had something similar going on there... having said that, he's doing pretty f'ing good for 68yo. 
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Posts: 19,703
    I think Billy Idol had something similar going on there... having said that, he's doing pretty f'ing good for 68yo. 
    I saw some people online saying he sucked but I thought he sounded great
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Wrigley; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
    edited October 21
    It wasn't the strongest performance, but I thought he did well. 

All & all it was a great tribute. I'm not the biggest Jack Black fan, but his speech was awesome. 
  • mickeyratmickeyrat Posts: 38,194
    It wasn't the strongest performance, but I thought he did well. 

All & all it was a great tribute. I'm not the biggest Jack Black fan, but his speech was awesome. 

you wont find anyone more enthusiastic about music than him....
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14