White Privilege

Comments

• dignindignin Posts: 9,303
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:
    hedonist said:
    Because no one here has ever unintentionally done so. Burn him!

Nice knowing ya, tempo ;)
    If I did that I would be horrified and apologetic. Spreading white nationalist propaganda is kinda a big deal. I hope I would get called out if I spread such trash. But that's just me. 

Apparently holding people to account for spreading dangerous misinformation is now a "burn him" offense. There are some pretty delicate flowers here if that's the case.

But thanks for your ever valuable insight from the high and mighty peanut gallery. 
    Are you and that Hugh fella related? :lol:

So, I’ll comment as I wish, and you can be as snooty as you like. 

Haha, pot meet kettle.

It's really strange to bring up a fellow AMT member as a jab here that has nothing to do with this conversation. But you do you, I'm done.

• hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
     dignin said:
    hedonist said:
    dignin said:
    hedonist said:

If I did that I would be horrified and apologetic. Spreading white nationalist propaganda is kinda a big deal. I hope I would get called out if I spread such trash. But that's just me. 

Apparently holding people to account for spreading dangerous misinformation is now a "burn him" offense. There are some pretty delicate flowers here if that's the case.

But thanks for your ever valuable insight from the high and mighty peanut gallery. 
    Are you and that Hugh fella related? :lol:

So, I’ll comment as I wish, and you can be as snooty as you like. 

Haha, pot meet kettle.

It's really strange to bring up a fellow AMT member as a jab here that has nothing to do with this conversation. But you do you, I'm done.

Man, talk about delicates! He’s tossed similar remarks at me, hence my bringing him up. 

My apologies for that; your snark shouldn’t be compared to anyone else’s.
  • mcgruff10mcgruff10 New Jersey Posts: 27,739
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

I was burned yesterday, today it is tempo s turn.  Who s up tomorrow?
    I’ll take it!
    Tell us about yourself so we can use it against you.   ;)

I'll ride the wave where it takes me......
  • static111static111 Posts: 4,889
    mcgruff10 said:
    static111 said:
    mcgruff10 said:
    hedonist said:

I was burned yesterday, today it is tempo s turn.  Who s up tomorrow?
    I’ll take it!
    Tell us about yourself so we can use it against you.   ;)

I only started posting here once I got sidelined from work due to the world shutting down for corona.  A good sleuth could comb through and find something damning I am sure.
    Scio me nihil scire

There are no kings inside the gates of eden
  • OnWis97OnWis97 St. Paul, MN Posts: 4,812
    Good stuff from former NBA player (and  current Twitter bright spot) Rex Chapman.

https://amp.kentucky.com/opinion/op-ed/article243210281.html?__twitter_impression=true
    1995 Milwaukee     1998 Alpine, Alpine     2003 Albany, Boston, Boston, Boston     2004 Boston, Boston     2006 Hartford, St. Paul (Petty), St. Paul (Petty)     2011 Alpine, Alpine     
    2013 Wrigley     2014 St. Paul     2016 Fenway, Fenway, Wrigley, Wrigley     2018 Missoula, Wrigley, Wrigley     2021 Asbury Park     2022 St Louis     2023 Austin, Austin
    OnWis97 said:
    Good stuff from former NBA player (and  current Twitter bright spot) Rex Chapman.

https://amp.kentucky.com/opinion/op-ed/article243210281.html?__twitter_impression=true
    That was good 

Twitter shuts down white nationalist group posing as Antifa after Donald Trump Jr. shares its tweet

The president's eldest son had shared the fake account's tweets and accused leftists of domestic terrorism

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/02/twitter-shuts-down-white-nationalist-group-posing-as-antifa-after-donald-trump-jr-shares-its-tweet/

Donny makes honest mistakes too. I'm sure he will apologize.
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,847
    dignin said:

Twitter shuts down white nationalist group posing as Antifa after Donald Trump Jr. shares its tweet

The president's eldest son had shared the fake account's tweets and accused leftists of domestic terrorism

https://www.salon.com/2020/06/02/twitter-shuts-down-white-nationalist-group-posing-as-antifa-after-donald-trump-jr-shares-its-tweet/

Donny makes honest mistakes too. I'm sure he will apologize.
    I noted that I made an error after finding out it wasn't a true tweet.  I actually researched it before I posted and when it was removed I thought it for sure was true.  I went with the information that I had.

And no, neither the President or his son will admit they were wrong.
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Falling down,...not staying down
    Kat said:
    At least that rendition is closer to what he may have looked like.  Ever see the ones of him portrayed with blue eyes and lighter hair?
  • Jason PJason P Posts: 19,121
    There doesn’t seem to be any desire for discussion any more.  If you don’t 100% agree with the current mood you will have your name written down by fellow pearl jam fans for future retribution.  There are now multiple threads with fan club members tracking PJ fans names on lists.  

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    Kat said:

So ridiculous.  Everybody knows what Jesus really looked like:
    Life of Brian Re-Release Planned for 40th Anniversary  Film

“The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,072
    Jason P said:
    There doesn’t seem to be any desire for discussion any more.  If you don’t 100% agree with the current mood you will have your name written down by fellow pearl jam fans for future retribution.  There are now multiple threads with fan club members tracking PJ fans names on lists.  

I disagree 100%.  Now you are on the list!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • KatKat There's a lot to be said for nowhere. Posts: 4,769
    Kat said:
    At least that rendition is closer to what he may have looked like.  Ever see the ones of him portrayed with blue eyes and lighter hair?
    Like this?  :)

Falling down,...not staying down
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    This one is better....

• brianluxbrianlux Moving through All Kinds of Terrain. Posts: 40,592
    “The fear of death follows from the fear of life. A man [or woman] who lives fully is prepared to die at any time.”
    Variously credited to Mark Twain or Edward Abbey.

• DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    A friend and I have talked about black/white Jesus numerous times and I still stand by my theory that it has less to do with racism and more to do with making the faith more accessible to different groups.

Similar to how Christians should really still follow all the Jewish rules and strictures but somehow those got thrown out the window. A faith will be more appealing if the rules are simple and few, and the figure of worship looks more like the group one is targeting. I’m guessing that’s a common tactic taught in advertising courses. When I was studying journalism it was constantly stressed to keep stories accessible to the average reader (ie. tailor the story to your audience), the same principle in my eyes.

And just for clarity, I came to accept that Jesus likely didn’t look as he’d been portrayed to me over the years. That led me to question why which in turn led to my theory above. So I accept “black Jesus” as more factual (though he was likely more beige).
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
  • DarthMaeglinDarthMaeglin Toronto Posts: 2,413
    One thing I’d like to add to my above post is that essentially we’re all correct in our theorizing about black/white Jesus. We’re all speculating about decisions made hundreds of years ago (at least), and with no documentation on this (that I’m aware of) there will be no confirmation either way. Until we get time travel figured out and can go back and find out, lol.
    "The world is full of idiots and I am but one of them."

10-30-1991 Toronto, Toronto 1 & 2 2016, Toronto 2022
    Kat said:
    Kat said:

lol, yep!
    Jason P said:

Just go and check my posting history.  Why track someone?

Is this really going on?  I'm excited to read about this and hope I made someones list!
  • gimmesometruth27gimmesometruth27 St. Fuckin Louis Posts: 22,129
    Kat said:
    Kat said:

lol, yep!
    everyone knows that jesus got those highlights before he got painted :lol:
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

"Well, you tell him that I don't talk to suckas."
    Jason P said:

Is this really going on?  I'm excited to read about this and hope I made someones list!
    lists? like santa claus?

this must be on the porch because i never go over there anymore, haha
    There is nothing noble in being superior to your fellow man; true nobility is being superior to your former self.- Hemingway

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    Jason P said:

Good news, Chris!

I SAW PEARL JAM
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    brianlux said:
    Kat said:

So ridiculous.  Everybody knows what Jesus really looked like:
    Life of Brian Re-Release Planned for 40th Anniversary  Film

Always look on the bright side of life.
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:

Good news, Chris!

hahahahahahaahah!!!!!! YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!

Numero uno baby!  Who wants to touch me?  I said who wants to touch me?!?
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:

Good news, Chris!

:lol:

too funny. i remember the night before pj20 i was at the preparty and i heard the speedy was there. i covered up my nametag because i thought he was gonna kick my ass. we ended up drinking a lot of jager and have been friends ever since.

dankind said:
    Jason P said:

Good news, Chris!

too funny. i remember the night before pj20 i was at the preparty and i heard the speedy was there. i covered up my nametag because i thought he was gonna kick my ass. we ended up drinking a lot of jager and have been friends ever since.
    I'm pretty vocal about when I am at a show, hell I had shirts made up last time for it!

I like meeting people from here even if they do think I'm an asshole.

I'm still cracking up @dankind
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,586
    #2. The Goat

The love he receives is the love that is saved
    dankind said:
    Jason P said:

Good news, Chris!

I'm pretty vocal about when I am at a show, hell I had shirts made up last time for it!

I like meeting people from here even if they do think I'm an asshole.

I'm still cracking up @dankind
    niceI i should be the same way, haha

i am still laughing at this too!

• dankinddankind I am not your foot. Posts: 20,827
    #2. The Goat

Hey, you don’t get to make my list for me. 

I SAW PEARL JAM