Whiskey Clique

Comments

• bbiggsbbiggs Posts: 6,926
    Blanton's Gold will be hitting the US within the next 30 days.  Another unicorn bottle that will be extremely tough to find at retail.  Won't stop me from trying though.
  • DavidDDavidD Posts: 2,436
    I think the last bottle of gold I payed $110 Canadian?
    it was as two years ago. Hoping to score another. 
  • tempo_n_groovetempo_n_groove Posts: 38,853
    bbiggs said:
    Blanton's Gold will be hitting the US within the next 30 days.  Another unicorn bottle that will be extremely tough to find at retail.  Won't stop me from trying though.
    Isn't Blantons Gold the overseas bottle?  Nothing really different?
    Gold is 100+ proof
    Retail is $120, but shops could mark it up from there.  It is 103 proof, so 10 points higher than the standard single barrel.  But you're right in that it has only sold overseas up until now.  First U.S. release.
    bbiggs said:
    Retail is $120, but shops could mark it up from there.  It is 103 proof, so 10 points higher than the standard single barrel.  But you're right in that it has only sold overseas up until now.  First U.S. release.
    I wonder if with all that is going on that it's just easier to sell locally now rather than ship out of the US?
    ^ I think timing is purely coincidental because they announced the release in Feb. US customers have been bitching for a while and Buffalo Trace finally listened. It will continue annually in limited releases. 
    bbiggs said:
    ^ I think timing is purely coincidental because they announced the release in Feb. US customers have been bitching for a while and Buffalo Trace finally listened. It will continue annually in limited releases. 
    ISO
    bbiggs said:
    ISO
    LOL...same

bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    ISO
    LOL...same

When I was frequenting the FBbourbon groups before they were shut down there were people peddling them for 120 a bottle.  Most people said it wasn't worth the extra coin and just settle for the reg.  I'd like to try it though.
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    ISO
    LOL...same

When I was frequenting the FBbourbon groups before they were shut down there were people peddling them for 120 a bottle.  Most people said it wasn't worth the extra coin and just settle for the reg.  I'd like to try it though.

Maybe I can ship you a taste from Canada. I can label it maple syrup. Lol
    DavidD said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    ISO
    LOL...same

Oh hot damn!  I'm down, lol!
  • BentleyspopBentleyspop Craft Beer Brewery, Colorado Posts: 10,524
    Jack Daniel's marketing.....

Jack Daniel's marketing.....

Lol only 6 wee wees 
    I'm not usually a bourbon drinker but just got to taste some of this....

How was it?  I have several bourbon buddies hunting for that one.  Hasn't hit Chicagoland yet to my knowledge.
    bbiggs said:
    How was it?  I have several bourbon buddies hunting for that one.  Hasn't hit Chicagoland yet to my knowledge.
    It was quite good.
    Didn't conver me into a bourbon drinker but I did like it.
    bbiggs said:
    It was quite good.
    Didn't conver me into a bourbon drinker but I did like it.
    Good to hear. It’s one I’d like to try if I get the opportunity. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905

We recently celebrated our wedding anniversary.  This was my gift to us.  It’s so smooth and delicious.  Having a tot tonight.

"What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    edited July 2020
    Imagine my surprise when I went to one of our distributors to pick up a case of wine and this/these were waiting for me!

Post edited by Bentleyspop on
  • Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,937
    I tried Backbone Bourbon based on the local drunk guy at the liquor store.  It was very good.  Distilled in IN then barreled and stored in KY.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville

Haven’t seen any Eagle rare for a little while in Toronto. Maybe now we’ll get some up north.  🤞
    But I was able to score me one of these. 

I have been enjoying the Arran malt, the bothy quarter cask. Very nice  
  • mca47mca47 Posts: 13,244

Eagle Rare is always a solid choice!  Not the easiest to find in the wild here in Arizona.
    Would like to find me a bottle of Eagle Rare 17.
    All of a sudden Eagle Rare is tough to find now?  WTF?

• Cliffy6745Cliffy6745 Posts: 33,582
    Everything good is hard to find now 
    Yep. Eagle rare is gone the day it hits the shelves. The vultures buy it for 30 and sell for who knows what. It’s dumb. Good bourbon though 
  • ZodZod Posts: 9,945
    DavidD said:
    bbiggs said:
    bbiggs said:
    ISO
    LOL...same

I kept reading about an alternate version of Aberlour 12 that was non chill filtered.  Our selection here in Canada (at least in BC) is fairly limited.   Our rules our so strict no one will try to ship whisky into Canada.   The good news is I have a friend who lives in Texas.  Turns out Texas has some protectionist laws to prevent liquor from be mailed in State.  Found a website in Norway that would ship it to Texas.   Figured, why not try.   I order it a few weeks before I get there for a visit.  They labeled it as Saline (Sodium Chloride).   Lol!!!

I'm also really missing Glenronach 12 here.  I really like the Speyside stuff that's aged in Sherry casks.  You can't buy the real Macallan 12 here, Glenronach is gone.  I love Dalmore but it's pretty expensive.  Balvenie is pretty expensive here too.

I end up drinking alot of the regular Aberlour 12 :) 
    All of a sudden Eagle Rare is tough to find now?  WTF?

This has been a very dry year for bottles from Sazerac (Buffalo Trace) brands.
    What I picked up was a private barrel. 
    Did a side by side with "regular" Eagle Rare. It was tasty.
    Sold it out with no limits in under 2 hours.