2014: Cincinnati
    2016: Lexington and Wrigley 1
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    mickeyrat said:
    XIV
    Congratulations Mickey!

hedonist said:

That's fantastic, mickey.

And kudos to all who've been able to abstain during one of the world's shakiest times.
    I echo hedo’s thoughts too.  
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
  • lastexitlondonlastexitlondon Posts: 11,708
    Well done mickey.
    Im 3 and a half months still sober. Now ill. I hope it makes me fitter  to fight this.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • mickeyratmickeyrat up my ass, like Chadwick was up his Posts: 35,412
    edited April 2020
    @njnancy haven't heard from you, how are you doing lady? been able to attend any zoom meetings?
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    _____________________________________SIGNATURE________________________________________________

Not today Sir, Probably not tomorrow.............................................. bayfront arena st. pete '94
    you're finally here and I'm a mess................................................... nationwide arena columbus '10
    memories like fingerprints are slowly raising.................................... first niagara center buffalo '13
    another man ..... moved by sleight of hand...................................... joe louis arena detroit '14
    How is everyone making out during this strange time?

• deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    There is a soberversary to acknowledge today.  I won't out the person, but I hope that they know how much I love them and how proud I am of them.  Brings me to tears.  (No, really it does! :wipes tears from eyes:) Jump on out if you wanna and let me give you a big, fat hug!  
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    deadendp said:
    There is a soberversary to acknowledge today.  I won't out the person, but I hope that they know how much I love them and how proud I am of them.  Brings me to tears.  (No, really it does! :wipes tears from eyes:) Jump on out if you wanna and let me give you a big, fat hug!  
    Thank you, my dear friend.  One of these days, IN PERSON, dammit.

Yup, more than 30 pounds less of me, a damaged liver for life and all the physical and mental shit that goes with it.

But, I have my life back.  My clarity.  Myself.

With that came the sobering - haha -  knowledge that I'm an alcoholic (something my own mother has yet to acknowledge - the shame!!), and always will be.  I'm not necessarily proud of that, but it's part of the deal now.

My level of missing a bigass scotch, neat, is outweighed by my resolve and fear of ever drinking again.  I'm not ready to die yet.

So...two years and counting :)

https://youtu.be/RmC7m34E_3U
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:

Yup, more than 30 pounds less of me, a damaged liver for life and all the physical and mental shit that goes with it.

With that came the sobering - haha -  knowledge that I'm an alcoholic (something my own mother has yet to acknowledge - the shame!!), and always will be.  I'm not necessarily proud of that, but it's part of the deal now.

My level of missing a bigass scotch, neat, is outweighed by my resolve and fear of ever drinking again.  I'm not ready to die yet.

We are so glad you are with us, now and for the long haul. Love and positive vibes on your soberversary, hedo, and every day

(and to you, too, Amy!)
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
    Very well done. Im 5 months tomorrow  which seems a short time but a very long time.  I quit pot a few months back also . Im sober . I know  how hard it is so . 2 years is a massive deal . I really love the  kindness here.
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

this song is meant to be called i got shit,itshould be called i got shit tickets-hartford 06 -
  • F Me In The BrainF Me In The Brain this knows everybody from other commets Posts: 30,587
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:

Congratulations on hitting this mark through the day by day efforts.  Bravo!
    The love he receives is the love that is saved
  • deadendpdeadendp Northeast Ohio Posts: 10,434
    Jedi, :hug: x 1000 

Rob, Keep hanging in there. We're here for you. Gotta reach out sometimes though. 

Often! :smile: I found I had tucked one of the Wrigley 16 Kinder Eggs away. (Whoops.) K loved it! Made her skip the chocolate though. I believe she got a mouse. 
    Immeasurable thank-you's for the friendships.  You're my anchors at times.

And Rob, five months is fantastic!  Keep hanging in and hanging on until you find your own way.  You will.
  • GlowGirlGlowGirl New York, NY Posts: 9,694
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:

Congrats on your two years of sobriety. That demonstrates immense strength and courage. Much respect!!
    fantastic!!!

am currently attending a 10th anniversary meeting for the Inside Job group in Poland via zoom with a former member here....

Thanks!

And congrats to the member, mickey.
    edited May 2020
    hedonist said:
    Thanks!

And congrats to the member, mickey.
    its the group anniversary. he stumbled onto the thread in Sept 09. been sober since.

its humbling to think , I started this for largely selfish reasons.  Several folks found it and used it as a launch pad to a better way of living.

one of the results are an english speaking meeting in SW  Poland that gave birth to another several hours away from that town. and most recently a second english meeting was started out of the first in the same town.

and pearl jam was a conduit for it......

coincidence? I think not. 

I believe it was a god thing or cosmic alchemy for sure.....

I continue to stand in awe of it.
    Post edited by mickeyrat on

Well, music ignited my marriage, and many precious bonds here.  It’s wonderful so many have been helped by it, even as a launching pad toward the better. 

Love of music is universal, as is love itself. 
  • FifthelementFifthelement Lotusland Posts: 6,905
    hedonist said:
    deadendp said:

Happy Soberversary to you Hedo!

My sincere congratulations to everyone who has been able to maintain their sobriety through good times and bad.  I’m sending all of you warm thoughts and wishes for continued sobriety. 
    "What the CANUCK happened?!? - Esquimalt Barber Shop
    Thanks, Fifth!
  • HobbesHobbes Pacific Northwest Posts: 6,377
    Happy 2 years, beautiful Hedo!

Now that's something worth celebrating. :triumph:
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,171
    Congrats Hedo on 2 years. 
    Keep up the good work and stay well.
    This weekend we rock Portland
    Thank you!  I am thankful.
  • jerparker20jerparker20 St. Paul, MN Posts: 2,399
    Congrats to those holding it down during these crazy times. 

I’ll hit 36 weeks sober on Thursday. 
    Congrats to those holding it down during these crazy times. 

I’ll hit 36 weeks sober on Thursday. 
    thats great. hold on though. 37th week is the toughest....

may I ask the basis for your decision?

Im still finding every week tough. 
    It really is an every day job. 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

Im still finding every week tough. 
    It really is an every day job. 
    and each day you go to bed sober is another success in and of itself.....

That is true 
    brixton 93
    astoria 06
    albany 06
    hartford 06
    reading 06
    barcelona 06
    paris 06
    wembley 07
    dusseldorf 07
    nijmegen 07

That is true 
    so try to keep your focus on that