Seven O’clock

Comments

• SmellymanSmellyman Asia Posts: 4,517
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    A beautiful take down of trump.  
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. The president has a 60% approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus crisis. He wisely decided to enact a travel ban for people arriving from China VERY EARLY ON (Jan. 31 to be exact). He was branded a racist and xenophobe by the media and fools like Bernie and Biden. ALL experts NOW agree that Trump's bold decision gave the U.S. a head start in containing the virus and has saved countless Americans from contracting the virus, many of whom would be dead now. Besides, Trump WILL be President for 4 more years and 8 months so you might as well make the best of it - it's your life...
    I cannot see how anyone can think Trump has done a good job handling this.

1. Got rid of the pandemic task force.
    2. Didn't listen to the intelligence community about the possibility of a pandemic from this. 
    3. Downplayed this at the beginning (and is still downplaying it now), which is contributing to people not taking the stay at home orders seriously.

A lot of Fox viewers and right wing radio listening mouth breathers in the US.  Remaining ignorant is a badge of honor among them.
  • NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,298
    edited March 2020
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. The president has a 60% approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus crisis. He wisely decided to enact a travel ban for people arriving from China VERY EARLY ON (Jan. 31 to be exact). He was branded a racist and xenophobe by the media and fools like Bernie and Biden. ALL experts NOW agree that Trump's bold decision gave the U.S. a head start in containing the virus and has saved countless Americans from contracting the virus, many of whom would be dead now. Besides, Trump WILL be President for 4 more years and 8 months so you might as well make the best of it - it's your life...

2. Didn't listen to the intelligence community about the possibility of a pandemic from this. 
    3. Downplayed this at the beginning (and is still downplaying it now), which is contributing to people not taking the stay at home orders seriously.
    Wrong. Limited travel to and from China while everyone called him a racist for doing so. Had he not made that move, this virus would be much, much worse. Liberals care more about hurt feelings than they do about people's lives.
    Yeah, things are going so great here with the virus. The virus is here and it's spreading like crazy. Tell me how successful he has been again. What a joke. 
    Why don't you just say "I got nothin'?" LoL. Weak.
    I gave you 3 things and you ignored them. Weak
  • mace1229mace1229 Posts: 8,956
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Wrong. Limited travel to and from China while everyone called him a racist for doing so. Had he not made that move, this virus would be much, much worse. Liberals care more about hurt feelings than they do about people's lives.
    The US has handle this crisis terribly, I do not think a lot of people realise what is coming their way. Trump has been talking about having everything opened back up for Easter? If that is done he will cause tens of thousands or deaths, if not more!
    I think some things have been done poorly, I won’t deny that. But Darth is right with the travel ban. When he did it everyone called him racist.
    And I never heard him say reopen the country by Easter. I heard him say many times to begin to reopen parts of the country. There’s a big difference between the 2.
  • se7v7ense7v7en Philadelphia, PA Posts: 321
    edited March 2020
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    You are very confused, we were as illed prepared as possible given the head start we could have had.  It was coming here with or without travel ban, the key was to be prepared for when it arrived and Trump was busy crying Hoax and worrying solely how it would effect him.  There are examples of other nations who have had much better success dealing with the virus, they simply got their ducks in a row before it got there.  There is no reason we should be asking, oh wow how did South Korea get their arms around this so much more easily than the United States of America.  But i guess that's not the story on fox "news" (entertainment)....
    Post edited by se7v7en on
  • on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,381
    I love that out of this whole crisis and literally hundreds of decisions a real leader would and should be making the only positive thing people can point to is this travel ban.  It’s a fantastic example of a broken clock being right twice a day.  
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 28,869
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. 

"Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
    on2legs said:
    I love that out of this whole crisis and literally hundreds of decisions a real leader would and should be making the only positive thing people can point to is this travel ban.  It’s a fantastic example of a broken clock being right twice a day.  
    And I love people still claim he closed it because they “look different” and that it had nothing to do with the virus.
    I swear, he could personally fund and find a cure tomorrow and people will hate him for that too.
    Ive said many times I have a lot of complaints about him, but some of the comments he gets are ridiculous.
  • The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,141
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    Who wants to bet this guy hasn't believed the polls for the last three years up until the last week?

chinese-happy.jpg
  • baggio16baggio16 Posts: 29
    edited March 2020
    Smellyman said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

A lot of Fox viewers and right wing radio listening mouth breathers in the US.  Remaining ignorant is a badge of honor among them.

I might be a little biased, but my cousin and his entire family of five are battling the virus right now, I don't think the our current federal government has done much of a job on this. Doesn't help that certain news organizations didn't take this seriously. At least according to our president, it's almost April and he said it would be gone by then, because he had a feeling. Ugh. 

Anyways, I hadn't really listened to this song too much, but saw this post and listened a couple times this morning. Brilliant song. 
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    And I love people still claim he closed it because they “look different” and that it had nothing to do with the virus.
    I swear, he could personally fund and find a cure tomorrow and people will hate him for that too.
    Ive said many times I have a lot of complaints about him, but some of the comments he gets are ridiculous.
    Why do we need Trump to come up with a cure?  He told us all that there would be 15 cases and then it would be gone.  

LOL.  Great leadership skills.  😂
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,491
    edited March 2020
    Pearl Jam and the NBA showed more leadership than Trump by postponing on their own.

Seven O’Clock is my favorite from the album.
  • stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,357
    It's okay if on the first listen, a song doesn't jump out to you. Give it time. 
    I'm very grateful that Pearl Jam is still together and releasing new music!
    Stay safe.

• KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 891
    Song is growing on me. Appears to be one of the more love it/hate it songs on the album. 
  • mookieblalockmookieblalock Posts: 3,173
    Came here to discuss the song, left here because this isn’t a politics thread. Nice job derailers.
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    Why do we need Trump to come up with a cure?  He told us all that there would be 15 cases and then it would be gone.  

I think a cure would be good. But you’re entitled to your opinion.
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:
    mace1229 said:
    on2legs said:

I think a cure would be good. But you’re entitled to your opinion.
    Trump told us we don’t need a cure, remember...

“It’s going to disappear. One day, it’s like a miracle, it will disappear.” 

lol. 

• tbergstbergs Posts: 9,195
    Came here to discuss the song, left here because this isn’t a politics thread. Nice job derailers.
    Let's bring it back around a complete 180, almost to 7OC ;)
    It's a hopeless situation...
    Well, the song is about trump.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    edited March 2020
    mace1229 said:
    TBH I think the theme is a much more general one. Trump may be part of all that’s wrong with the world today but I feel like the song isn’t „just“ about him
    mace1229 said:
    We agree!  😀

JPPJ84 said:
    mace1229 said:
    TBH I think the theme is a much more general one. Trump may be part of all that’s wrong with the world today but I feel like the song isn’t „just“ about him
    I took it as just a chance to bash trump. Especially that sitting bullshit president line.
    that being said it’s probably my second favorite song on the album.
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    mace1229 said:
    JPPJ84 said:
    mace1229 said:
    I took it as just a chance to bash trump. Especially that sitting bullshit president line.
    that being said it’s probably my second favorite song on the album.
    Well I actually love that line ;) and no, I don’t wanna be part of any stupid political debate on here. 
  • Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    edited March 2020
    He locked the back door, but left the front door and all the windows open allowing people from pretty much everywhere but Asia to come over and infect us.

He also lied his stupid fat fucking face over and over about how 'under control' this all was for weeks, when that literally could not have been further from the truth.

Such a stable genius!

None of this matters right now.  This crisis is going to be the most researched thing in history, and when these little things called FACTS come out and the US ranks towards or at the absolute bottom in how we dealt with it anyone with 1/2 a brain will realize how terrible we handled this.

....and 1/3 of the country will still stand by their moron leader and say it was Jiiiina's fault, or a Democrat hoax, or anything they need to do to keep the cognitive dissidence faucet running that their dear leader is not a con artist idiot. 
    Post edited by Saltzy23 on
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • PD279656PD279656 Posts: 119
    Great song really enjoy it. 

The guy who said bush/cheney being war mongorers is spot on but I assume you just closed your eyes when Obama "their dicks and fix and fire things" all over the middle east. 

The person who said the US doesn't know what is coming please give me a break thats a joke we aren't Italy and we won't be becoming Italy. 

This is being handled at the state and local level. The federal government has been and will always be useless no matter who is in office. It's Hollywood for ugly people. There's been a hilarious lack of leadership from politicians all across America just pointing fingers and trying to save their own asses. The media is tossing gasoline on this and nobody can figure anything out. 

But I really enjoy the song.....
  • opsopcopolisopsopcopolis Posts: 1,087
    I can't decide how I feel about the song. Definitely Ed trying to do a Springsteen tune
    2006: Hartford
    2008: Camden 2, Hartford
    2010: Hartford
    2013: Wrigley, Worcester x2, Hartford
    2015: NYC
    2016: Philly 2, MSG x2, Boston 2, (TOTD Philly 2, MSG)
    2018: Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Boston x2
    2022: San Diego, Sacramento, Las Vegas
  • igotid88igotid88 Posts: 27,148
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    Approval rating makes no sense as he did nothing right from the beginning.
    I miss igotid88
  • wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 291
    mace1229 said:
    wiscojam said:
    mace1229 said:
    wiscojam said:
    SM10080 said:
    Love the song. I've seen a few comments regarding the political nature of some of the songs and how people don't like that or they disagree with PJs political lean. This absolutely blows my mind. To each their own when it it come to a political stance but these people must be the hardest core fans out there. With PJs political leanings comes their social issue leanings. I commend those that don't agree with the band but still buy the music and go to concerts. I for one could never give my money to a band that I knew was investing some of their profits into causes I disagree with (no matter how great the music). 
    I can disagree with their political views and still appreciate the art.
    Its not like they’re  singing about Nazis or satan music or something. I’d probably draw the line there. Or maybe before that...
    Satan's Bed 
    Red Mosquito
    Assuming you’re being sarcastic. But just in case, mentioning satan/devil =/= devil music.
    yes. sarcasm.

• RoleModelsinBlood31RoleModelsinBlood31 Austin TX Posts: 6,136
    Pretty good song, it’s growing on me.  Doesn’t seem cohesive to me yet, feels a little clunky and too many words, but the music is great, they’ve really traded the rawness we all loved for atmosphere in this album and it’s growing on me slowly 
    I'm like an opening band for your mom.
  • Smellyman said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

A lot of snowflakes who have whined non-stop since Fall 2016. Good luck with Dementia Joe. Hilarious.
  • mace1229 said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

The US has handle this crisis terribly, I do not think a lot of people realise what is coming their way. Trump has been talking about having everything opened back up for Easter? If that is done he will cause tens of thousands or deaths, if not more!
    I think some things have been done poorly, I won’t deny that. But Darth is right with the travel ban. When he did it everyone called him racist.
    And I never heard him say reopen the country by Easter. I heard him say many times to begin to reopen parts of the country. There’s a big difference between the 2.
    Well said. How dare you use logic and reason!