Options

Seven O’clock

Comments

• Options
    stuckinlinestuckinline Posts: 3,359
    First of all, I'm grateful the band is still putting out music! I'm especially grateful this album arrived during these challenging times.
    ^ Agree with Hendog, there is always hope. There is 'Much to be done...' 
  • Options
    CridderCridder Posts: 165
    Driving around my empty town listening to this brought a tear to my eye...
  • Options
    Long RedLong Red NY Posts: 185
    If you don't feel something at the verse that starts, "His best days gone...." I don't think there's any hope for you. 
  • Options
    Freedom is as freedom does and freedom is a verb
    They giveth and they taketh and you fight to keep that what you've earned
    We saw the destination, got so close before it turned
    Swim sideways from this undertow and do not be deterred
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    Song just came on random all and my “muscle memory “ was like oh good song coming up, not realizing it was new PJ. I really  like it but the vocal does a weird raising of the voice on one syllable a few times in the first verse. Reminds me of an orthodox Rabbi. Been a little busy at work lately so not following as close as I should ;-)
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,462
    This F*cking song is sick! So damn groovy!
  • Options
    southernmanfansouthernmanfan Johannesburg, South Africa Posts: 1,016
    From first hearing of the album it certainly is one of the most catchy. 

Love it. Not sure if anyone else sang those lyrics that it would be great. 
    rustedsigns
  • Options
    TJ25487TJ25487 Posts: 1,462
    Cridder said:
    Freedom is as freedom does and freedom is a verb
    They giveth and they taketh and you fight to keep that what you've earned
    We saw the destination, got so close before it turned
    Swim sideways from this undertow and do not be deterred
    Money!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    Lerxst1992Lerxst1992 Posts: 6,138
    I’ve seen my fair share of PJ shows and Unthought Known never fails to build to that incredible peak...I think Seven O Clock can be that type of live song.  It’s easily my favorite on the album.  Thanks PJ for bringing the goods!  We’re not worthy!
    let’s add a dash of present tense as well
  • Options
    epbadgerepbadger The Bronx, NY Posts: 654
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    A beautiful take down of trump.  
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. The president has a 60% approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus crisis. He wisely decided to enact a travel ban for people arriving from China VERY EARLY ON (Jan. 31 to be exact). He was branded a racist and xenophobe by the media and fools like Bernie and Biden. ALL experts NOW agree that Trump's bold decision gave the U.S. a head start in containing the virus and has saved countless Americans from contracting the virus, many of whom would be dead now. Besides, Trump WILL be President for 4 more years and 8 months so you might as well make the best of it - it's your life...
    🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,544
    The lyrics are amazing.  Much to be done.  I have talked to a few people who think you cannot plan for pandemics even after all this mess.   I think of these lyrics.  Much to be done!  We can prepare. We can do great things.
  • Options
    I hear people saying it's too wordy, or too Springsteeny, or whatever. And maybe so. But after 7-8 listens, it's my favorite so far.  I can't wait to hear it live. 
    On the first listen, I felt the same about the choppiness/wordiness of the lyrics, but after multiple listens and sitting with the lyrics, it is clear to me that it is 100% intentional. There are so my instances one could easily pluck a word or two from a line, and create a smoother flow. I can’t believe that that was just a lazy oversight. In fact, I’d more believe that the original lyrics were way less wordy, and, during recording, they kept stuffing more words into the lines for the effect that it creates. 
    "...what a different life had i not found this love with you..."
  • Options
    cowboyzekecowboyzeke Charm City Posts: 30
    I’ve seen my fair share of PJ shows and Unthought Known never fails to build to that incredible peak...I think Seven O Clock can be that type of live song.  It’s easily my favorite on the album.  Thanks PJ for bringing the goods!  We’re not worthy!
    let’s add a dash of present tense as well
    You’re right on the money Lerxst1992.  I missed that.
  • Options
    RE658041RE658041 Sweden Posts: 401
    Their best song since Sirens.
  • Options
    THEBIBLEISTENTHEBIBLEISTEN Posts: 1,684
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. The president has a 60% approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus crisis. He wisely decided to enact a travel ban for people arriving from China VERY EARLY ON (Jan. 31 to be exact). He was branded a racist and xenophobe by the media and fools like Bernie and Biden. ALL experts NOW agree that Trump's bold decision gave the U.S. a head start in containing the virus and has saved countless Americans from contracting the virus, many of whom would be dead now. Besides, Trump WILL be President for 4 more years and 8 months so you might as well make the best of it - it's your life...
    Hahaha, good one. Funniest post I have ever read here. You should be a comedian. 
  • Options
    RE658041 said:
    Their best song since Sirens.
    You should have posted this yesterday 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    Liked this instantly....has grown on me so much since learning the lyrics. The lyrics are a bit complicated. Not like a normal song but they are so FUCKING POIGNANT and so RIGHT NOW.

Feels Dylan esque to me in a way
    chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    brookelilybrookelily Bethel Park, PA Posts: 236
    Hangman in dreamland 
    A bout to call your name...
    8/16/92
    9/24/96, 9/28/96
    8/25/98, 9/18/98
    9/5/00
    4/26/03
    6/23/06
    10/28/09
    10/11/13, 10/12/13
    10/1/14
    9/2/18, 9/4/18
    9/18/21
  • Options
    densandensan Posts: 563
    I do not hear the words for awhile. I can only hear a tone aka the music..I can't get past the beginning. An amazing beginning to a song.
    No analyzing or figuring out for long ass time. Just music. It is very hard to explain. It moves like a bitch, flows...ripple, ...riple....riple
    Be different & make a difference. Decency & kindness @ a grassroots level works.
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 901
    The song strikes a chord at the moment, the whole album does for that matter. The lyrics are so timely. This is Ed using his superpowers at his best, song went from one of my least, to most favorites on the album 
  • Options
    comatose_253comatose_253 Posts: 270
    edited April 2020
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    yeah, everything is working out great! Trump is a genius, he knows more than the doctors, the generals, he is perfect in every way, no one knows more than Trump, he only speaks the truth, everyone is lying except Trump, he will save everyone from cancer causing by windmills, and be the one true savior of humanity on earth,  oh yeah, he is just a con man and bull shit artist.  Right on Eddie!!! LOVE SEVEN O' CLOCK!! 
    Post edited by comatose_253 on
  • Options
    MoonpigMoonpig Posts: 659
    I admit that I didn't get this song at first, saw the comments and I couldn't understand what I was not hearing.

Out walking the dog yesterday after work and it just hit me like a wave of light. In fact the whole album did.

A stunning piece of work. How lucky are we to live in a time where people can put out something like this after so much time, in a musical age where all roads lead to banality.
  • Options
    jesselmsjesselms Posts: 41
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    This is hilarious, unless it’s meant to be serious which in that case it’s very very sad 
  • Options
    edoconedocon Posts: 308
    jesselms said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    This is hilarious, unless it’s meant to be serious which in that case it’s very very sad 
    This is pure MAGA bullshit. It is our lives. Hard to "make the best of it" when the charts show that U.S. has done the worst job of any country in containing the virus.

I like Seven O'clock too.
  • Options
    Seven O’Clock is a musical masterpiece.  It may be politically charged but these beautiful lyrics can be applied to more than left vs right.  A lot of positive messages to be taken from this gem.   OUx.gif
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    edited April 2020
    While the Admin was trying to deal with this, fiddling Peloso was,  and still is, pushing impeachment....who was asleep at the wheel?  Imagine the worst crisis is at our doorstep and all half the goverment cares about is impeaching you...that really helps the idea they gave a shit at all about anything but their agenda

Pritzker in Illinois. INVOKE WAR POWERS.  So he does it and now he's a facist for denying Canada and SA their equipment, he is starting a bidding war and tit for tat retaliatory world....just stop bitching about him already it is counter productive, tired, boring...enough hand wringing 

I love the song
    Post edited by hrd2imgn on
  • Options
    cblock4lifecblock4life Posts: 1,409
    Is it ok to still talk about the song? 

Ok don’t be too harsh but does it remind anyone of Let me sleep? 
    A much faster and word filled version? 

My favorite right now.  Great song.
  • Options
    JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,440
    Is it ok to still talk about the song? 

Ok don’t be too harsh but does it remind anyone of Let me sleep? 
    A much faster and word filled version? 

My favorite right now.  Great song.
    Hmm, nope. Don’t hear it
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,247
    First time I heard that opening verse, I thought of this book and wondered if Eddie has read it.

It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    edited April 2020
    hrd2imgn said:
    While the Admin was trying to deal with this, fiddling Peloso was,  and still is, pushing impeachment....who was asleep at the wheel?  Imagine the worst crisis is at our doorstep and all half the goverment cares about is impeaching you...that really helps the idea they gave a shit at all about anything but their agenda
    This is trying to have your cake and eat it too, but like a way dumber version.

The admin was not trying to deal with this. Which is worth noting because the admin also wasn't trying to deal with impeachment--no witnesses, no testimony, remember?

Also lol at the idea that pandemic response isn't the president's responsibility but the speaker's. This isn't Fox News buddy, you can't just find the highest ranking democrat and make them secretly behind everything.
    Post edited by Mike D88 on
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG