Options

Seven O’clock

SM10080SM10080 Posts: 234
A beautiful take down of trump.  

Comments

• Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,840
    One of my favorite songs.  Love the pattern of Ed’s vocals in the beginning of the song. Very unique.  Just a great song.  
  • Options
    PA JammerPA Jammer Tamaqua, Pa. Posts: 340
    Best song on the album.
    Tom- Tamaqua PA

"What could be better than a beer with Eddie Vedder"
  • Options
    CantKeepmedownCantKeepmedown Portland, Maine Posts: 2,925
    I hear people saying it's too wordy, or too Springsteeny, or whatever. And maybe so. But after 7-8 listens, it's my favorite so far.  I can't wait to hear it live. 
  • Options
    False_BeliefFalse_Belief Cardiff Posts: 750
    Favourite song on the album.   Sounds like some lost Tom Petty classic to me.  The way the second verse comes in after that gorgeous little atmospheric guitar break is an album highlight.  

Leeds 2006, London 2007, Hartford 2008, London Shepherds Bush 2009, London O2 2009, Dublin 2010, London Hyde Park 2010, Amsterdam 1 2012, Amsterdam 2 2012, Berlin 1 2012, EV solo London 30/7/2012, Berlin 2014, Stockholm 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, Amsterdam 1 2018, London 1 2018, London 2 2018, EV solo Dublin 2019, London 1 2022, London 2 2022, New York City 2022 

• Options
    JV267526JV267526 Posts: 197
    Love the song.
  • Options
    KN219077KN219077 Montana Posts: 906
    This one needs to grow on me, I’ve been skipping it so far
  • Options
    This is the song that stood out after my first listen.
  • Options
    Saltzy23Saltzy23 Posts: 1,347
    Hearing this song the 1st time while tripping balls on shrooms is/was literally the only happy experience of the last 2 weeks for me.

That one trippy part towards the end....tremendous.

I think I just kept it running on a loop for maybe 2 straight hours.
    'I know I was born and I know that I'll die, the in between is mine.'
  • Options
    PJPantsPJPants Posts: 67
    This is the gem of the album.  It just grows and grows which each listen. It will be awesome live (hopefully someday we get to gather to see PJ again). That last section could be turned into a crowd sing along, which would be fucking amazing.  "So held by these thoughts they refuse to slip away.......Much to be done, much to be".....
  • Options
    hrd2imgnhrd2imgn Southwest Burbs of Chicago Posts: 4,869
    This is theie Stairway To Heaven, sorry inside job
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,216
    Love it!
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    slobberdog68slobberdog68 In Hiding Posts: 683
    One I keep going back to.

This fucked up situation calls for all hands
    Hands on deck

There's still a fire in the engine room
    Knows relief will be coming soon

Much To Be Done
    Much To Be Done
    Make sure the fortune that you seek
    Is the fortune that you need

• Options
    SVRDhand13SVRDhand13 NYC Posts: 25,904

Hands on deck

Much To Be Done
    Much To Be Done
    Much to be done has been stuck in my head the last few days. Perfect way to close the first side 
    severed hand thirteen

2006: Gorge 7/23 2008: Hartford 6/27 Beacon 7/1 2009: Spectrum 10/30-31
    2010: Newark 5/18 MSG 5/20-21 2011: PJ20 9/3-4 2012: Made In America 9/2
    2013: Brooklyn 10/18-19 Philly 10/21-22 Hartford 10/25 2014: ACL10/12
    2015: NYC 9/23 2016: Tampa 4/11 Philly 4/28-29 MSG 5/1-2 Fenway 8/5+8/7
    2017: RRHoF 4/7   2018: Fenway 9/2+9/4   2021: Sea Hear Now 9/18 
    2022: MSG 9/11  2024: MSG 9/3-4 Philly 9/7+9/9 Fenway 9/15+9/17
  • Options
    sheckyshecky San Francisco Posts: 1,441
    SM10080 said:
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. The president has a 60% approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus crisis. He wisely decided to enact a travel ban for people arriving from China VERY EARLY ON (Jan. 31 to be exact). He was branded a racist and xenophobe by the media and fools like Bernie and Biden. ALL experts NOW agree that Trump's bold decision gave the U.S. a head start in containing the virus and has saved countless Americans from contracting the virus, many of whom would be dead now. Besides, Trump WILL be President for 4 more years and 8 months so you might as well make the best of it - it's your life...
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,758
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. The president has a 60% approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus crisis. He wisely decided to enact a travel ban for people arriving from China VERY EARLY ON (Jan. 31 to be exact). He was branded a racist and xenophobe by the media and fools like Bernie and Biden. ALL experts NOW agree that Trump's bold decision gave the U.S. a head start in containing the virus and has saved countless Americans from contracting the virus, many of whom would be dead now. Besides, Trump WILL be President for 4 more years and 8 months so you might as well make the best of it - it's your life...
    Man, this really isn't the album for you.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,990
    edited March 2020
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    He also wisely said that we would have zero cases of the virus.  And he suggested that we would be able to socialize by Easter....right about when we will be at peak infection.

Get a new hero...yours is an idiot.  And his approval rating is going down the tubes.
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    Let’s bring it back to 7 o’ clock, people. This one caught me off guard. After several listens of the album I found this to be the song constantly in my head. I stopped fighting it and just listened to a few times in a row. Simply brilliant and beautiful. 
    “I suppose our capacity for self-delusion is boundless.” ― John Steinbeck, Travels with Charley: In Search of America
  • Options
    Let’s bring it back to 7 o’ clock, people. This one caught me off guard. After several listens of the album I found this to be the song constantly in my head. I stopped fighting it and just listened to a few times in a row. Simply brilliant and beautiful. 
     I like to write down how I feel about each song when a new album comes out and then go back and see if I feel the same. I have had this album on loop since mid week and my first thoughts I wrote were " Seven O Clock - Love music at start, lyrics aren't really flowing in beginning/choppy, after hands on deck -- love the rest.
    Now, I love it all !! 

• Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 323
    SM10080 said:
    Love the song. I've seen a few comments regarding the political nature of some of the songs and how people don't like that or they disagree with PJs political lean. This absolutely blows my mind. To each their own when it it come to a political stance but these people must be the hardest core fans out there. With PJs political leanings comes their social issue leanings. I commend those that don't agree with the band but still buy the music and go to concerts. I for one could never give my money to a band that I knew was investing some of their profits into causes I disagree with (no matter how great the music). 
  • Options

Hands on deck

Much To Be Done
    Much To Be Done
    Much to be done has been stuck in my head the last few days. Perfect way to close the first side 
    Me too. Agree, perfect.

• Options
    BeenerBeener Posts: 22
    This song hooked me from the start. It sounds so much like a Tragically Hip song to me. 
  • Options
    RP112579RP112579 Tinley Park, IL Posts: 3,362
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

LEAVE DONALD ALONE!!!
    6/29/98 Chicago-United Center
    6/18/03 Chicago-United Center
    5/17/06 Chicago-United Center
    7/19/13 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    10/11/13 Pittsburgh-Consol Energy Center
    10/17/14 Moline-IWireless Center (No Code)
    10/20/14 Milwaukee-Bradley center (Yield)
    4/26/16 Lexington-Rupp Arena
    8/20/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/22/16 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/18/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    8/20/18 Chicago-Wrigley Field
    9/5/23 Chicago-United Center
    9/7/23 Chicago-United Center
  • Options
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    He also wisely said that we would have zero cases of the virus.  And he suggested that we would be able to socialize by Easter....right about when we will be at peak infection.

Get a new hero...yours is an idiot.  And his approval rating is going down the tubes.
    Sixty percent and rising.

Meanwhile Biden is out there tripping through his dementia while being accused of sexual assault.
  • Options
    SM10080 said:
    Yes - and what a brave and original stance.
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 323
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Meanwhile Biden is out there tripping through his dementia while being accused of sexual assault.
    You forgot his involvement in a sex trafficking ring in the basement of a pizzeria. 
  • Options
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Someone is trying really hard to score points with the band. If you shout loud enough and keep setting apples on their desks, maybe they will let you clean the blackboards after class.
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,261
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Interesting to see you raise those 2 issues with Biden while clearly excited about an approval rating (not of his presidency by the way) of a president who clearly has shown lack of mental capacity and had dozens of sexual assault/harassment accusations, of which multiple were settled by payments and NDAs. By all means keep that moral high ground.
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    favourite song on the album...fell in love with it the first time I heard it :)
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

LOL....that's cute that you bring up sexual assault while defending the orange pussy grabber

2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
  • Options
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Someone is trying really hard to score points with the band. If you shout loud enough and keep setting apples on their desks, maybe they will let you clean the blackboards after class.
    Damn dude...you've got a razor for a tongue