Options

Seven O’clock

Comments

• Options
    mcrokmcrok Posts: 628
    Agree somewhat, not into the Trump bashing and I'm by no means a fan of Trump.  I remember when ed's lyrics/thoughts were more focused on the corrupt system and corporate influence in general.  We've just been through this with President's too many times and really you can plug and play and it is the same crap over and over.  

I like the higher level, more thoughtful criticism of the system.  It is really just too easy just to bash a President.  Kinda like picking the the low hanging fruit.  

Ofcourse, maybe after a several listens ed will persuade me otherwise.
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    03 - Boston I; Detroit I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    12 - Music Midtown; EV Jax II; EV Orlando I&II
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
    16 - Jax; Gville; Cola; Fenway II
  • Options
    GibsonGibson Toronto Posts: 2,538
    I’m Canadian and don’t have energy for politics, one way or another - but I do love this song. 
    1998: Barrie  2000: Toronto  2005: Kitchener, London, Hamilton, Toronto  2006: Toronto 1&2, Paris, Milan, Torino, Pistoia  2009: Calgary, Vancouver  2011: Canada  2013: London, Wrigley, Philly 1&2  2014: St. Louis, ACL 1, Detroit  2016: Lexington, Quebec, Ottawa, Toronto 1&2, Fenway 1&2, Wrigley 1&2  2017: EV - Louisville  2018: London 1&2, Milan, Padova, Rome, Prague, Krakow, Berlin, Wrigley 1&2, Fenway 1&2  2020: Toronto, Ottawa, Hamilton  2021: London 1&2  2022: Hamilton, Toronto  2023: Chicago 1&2, Noblesville  2024:

• Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    mcrok said:
    Agree somewhat, not into the Trump bashing and I'm by no means a fan of Trump.  I remember when ed's lyrics/thoughts were more focused on the corrupt system and corporate influence in general.  We've just been through this with President's too many times and really you can plug and play and it is the same crap over and over.  

I like the higher level, more thoughtful criticism of the system.  It is really just too easy just to bash a President.  Kinda like picking the the low hanging fruit.  

Well, considering he doesn't mention him by name, it could be applied to whomever the president is at anytime now, then and in the future. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    mcrok said:

Well, considering he doesn't mention him by name, it could be applied to whomever the president is at anytime now, then and in the future. 

my point still stands whomever is sitting in the office...it is low hanging fruit
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Options
    guypjfreakguypjfreak Posts: 2,281
    KN219077 said:
    This one needs to grow on me, I’ve been skipping it so far
    Don't skip it's great 
  • Options
    though, ev has a pretty solid record of being prophetic and what happens over the next few months could have me thinking otherwise about the low hanging fruit :)
    .....i'm completely confused right now 
    96 - Ft Lauderdale
    98 - ATL; WPB I & II
    00 - WPB I & II
    04 - Boston VFC I & II
    05 - Borgata II
    08 - WPB; NY MSG I & II
    10 - CLE
    13 - BWI; CVille; CLT
    14 - Memphis
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,836
    Haven’t smoke pot since my 20s.  If this Sea Hear Now show goes off I am lighting up the fattest joint when they play Seven o’Clock!  😎😎😎
  • Options
    NewfieintheUSANewfieintheUSA Posts: 2,380
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    A beautiful take down of trump.  
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. The president has a 60% approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus crisis. He wisely decided to enact a travel ban for people arriving from China VERY EARLY ON (Jan. 31 to be exact). He was branded a racist and xenophobe by the media and fools like Bernie and Biden. ALL experts NOW agree that Trump's bold decision gave the U.S. a head start in containing the virus and has saved countless Americans from contracting the virus, many of whom would be dead now. Besides, Trump WILL be President for 4 more years and 8 months so you might as well make the best of it - it's your life...
    Yes it is so we'll contained 😂😂😂
  • Options
    edited March 2020
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. The president has a 60% approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus crisis. He wisely decided to enact a travel ban for people arriving from China VERY EARLY ON (Jan. 31 to be exact). He was branded a racist and xenophobe by the media and fools like Bernie and Biden. ALL experts NOW agree that Trump's bold decision gave the U.S. a head start in containing the virus and has saved countless Americans from contracting the virus, many of whom would be dead now. Besides, Trump WILL be President for 4 more years and 8 months so you might as well make the best of it - it's your life...
    I cannot see how anyone can think Trump has done a good job handling this.

1. Got rid of the pandemic task force.
    2. Didn't listen to the intelligence community about the possibility of a pandemic from this. 
    3. Downplayed this at the beginning (and is still downplaying it now), which is contributing to people not taking the stay at home orders seriously.
  • Options
    Back to the subject at hand, this song is fucking great. My favorite on the album by far!
  • Options
    Best song on the album
  • Options
    Just watch this hahaha
    https://youtu.be/Yey5MtACi3g
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    It needs to be 7 O'clock 24 hours a day!
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    It needs to be 7 O'clock 24 hours a day!
    I agree! 😀
  • Options
    PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 421
    SM10080 said:
    I don’t take it that way.  Clearly he mentions it but the entire song - I don’t get that vibe. 
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • Options
    PJ5a1PJ5a1 Oceanside, NY Posts: 421
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    Man, this really isn't the album for you.
    I hate this...

I’ll start by saying I am a DT supporter from NY.  Is he right 100% no.  Is the left right 100% no. 

With respect to this band - we all know what we are getting. They haven’t changed for 30 years.  They won’t change.  We may have changed.  From when I started to listen to now, my ways have changed.  I can separate the two.   

You hav folks that are looking for the bashing of 45. That’s fine.  You have some that can listen to a song where he is clearly speaking on 45 take that and apply it somewhere else.  I’m happy I can do that. 
    If I were Eddie Vedder, would you like me any better? - Local H
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    edited March 2020
    wiscojam said:
    SM10080 said:
    Love the song. I've seen a few comments regarding the political nature of some of the songs and how people don't like that or they disagree with PJs political lean. This absolutely blows my mind. To each their own when it it come to a political stance but these people must be the hardest core fans out there. With PJs political leanings comes their social issue leanings. I commend those that don't agree with the band but still buy the music and go to concerts. I for one could never give my money to a band that I knew was investing some of their profits into causes I disagree with (no matter how great the music). 
    I can disagree with their political views and still appreciate the art.
    Its not like they’re  singing about Nazis or satan music or something. I’d probably draw the line there. Or maybe before that...
  • Options
    wiscojamwiscojam Appleton Posts: 313
    mace1229 said:
    wiscojam said:
    SM10080 said:
    Love the song. I've seen a few comments regarding the political nature of some of the songs and how people don't like that or they disagree with PJs political lean. This absolutely blows my mind. To each their own when it it come to a political stance but these people must be the hardest core fans out there. With PJs political leanings comes their social issue leanings. I commend those that don't agree with the band but still buy the music and go to concerts. I for one could never give my money to a band that I knew was investing some of their profits into causes I disagree with (no matter how great the music). 
    Its not like they’re  singing about Nazis or satan music or something. I’d probably draw the line there. Or maybe before that...
    Satan's Bed 
    Red Mosquito
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    He also wisely said that we would have zero cases of the virus.  And he suggested that we would be able to socialize by Easter....right about when we will be at peak infection.

Get a new hero...yours is an idiot.  And his approval rating is going down the tubes.
    Sixty percent and rising.

Meanwhile Biden is out there tripping through his dementia while being accused of sexual assault.
    Interesting to see you raise those 2 issues with Biden while clearly excited about an approval rating (not of his presidency by the way) of a president who clearly has shown lack of mental capacity and had dozens of sexual assault/harassment accusations, of which multiple were settled by payments and NDAs. By all means keep that moral high ground.
    Desperation is such a sad look. So basically it's okay if your guy is a sexual predator because "other guy done did it, too." You're going to have an awful week when Trump wins reelection in a landslide.

• Options
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

2. Didn't listen to the intelligence community about the possibility of a pandemic from this. 
    3. Downplayed this at the beginning (and is still downplaying it now), which is contributing to people not taking the stay at home orders seriously.
    Wrong. Limited travel to and from China while everyone called him a racist for doing so. Had he not made that move, this virus would be much, much worse. Liberals care more about hurt feelings than they do about people's lives.
  • Options
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Wrong. Limited travel to and from China while everyone called him a racist for doing so. Had he not made that move, this virus would be much, much worse. Liberals care more about hurt feelings than they do about people's lives.
    Yeah, things are going so great here with the virus. The virus is here and it's spreading like crazy. Tell me how successful he has been again. What a joke. 
  • Options
    cutzcutz Posts: 11,456
    KN219077 said:
    This one needs to grow on me, I’ve been skipping it so far
    Don't skip it's great 
    Exactly.

Plus, don't you need to play the song instead of skipping, to have a chance to grow on you> =)
  • Options
    tbergstbergs Posts: 9,248
    tbergs said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    He also wisely said that we would have zero cases of the virus.  And he suggested that we would be able to socialize by Easter....right about when we will be at peak infection.

Get a new hero...yours is an idiot.  And his approval rating is going down the tubes.

Meanwhile Biden is out there tripping through his dementia while being accused of sexual assault.
    Interesting to see you raise those 2 issues with Biden while clearly excited about an approval rating (not of his presidency by the way) of a president who clearly has shown lack of mental capacity and had dozens of sexual assault/harassment accusations, of which multiple were settled by payments and NDAs. By all means keep that moral high ground.
    Desperation is such a sad look. So basically it's okay if your guy is a sexual predator because "other guy done did it, too." You're going to have an awful week when Trump wins reelection in a landslide.

Who's desperate? I've already made it through 3+ years of this pile of garbage and 8 years of war mongering Bush + Cheney so I'll be fine, but good luck to you when your hero is out of office. Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better about what you support. Why some feel the need to defend an individual they have no tie to is beyond me. Never will a worse human being be elected president. 
    It's a hopeless situation...
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,017
    wiscojam said:
    mace1229 said:
    wiscojam said:
    SM10080 said:
    Satan's Bed 
    Red Mosquito
    Assuming you’re being sarcastic. But just in case, mentioning satan/devil =/= devil music.
  • Options
    tbergs said:
    tbergs said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Who's desperate? I've already made it through 3+ years of this pile of garbage and 8 years of war mongering Bush + Cheney so I'll be fine, but good luck to you when your hero is out of office. Whatever you need to tell yourself to feel better about what you support. Why some feel the need to defend an individual they have no tie to is beyond me. Never will a worse human being be elected president. 
    I don't even like him and would never vote for him, but folks like you are the very reason he got in office in the first place.
  • Options
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Yeah, things are going so great here with the virus. The virus is here and it's spreading like crazy. Tell me how successful he has been again. What a joke. 
    Why don't you just say "I got nothin'?" LoL. Weak.
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,456
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Trump limited travel with China because it fit his agenda of villainizing people that look different from his base.  The fact that it had an unintended benefit doesn’t make him bright. 
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    on2legs said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Trump limited travel with China because it fit his agenda of villainizing people that look different from his base.  The fact that it had an unintended benefit doesn’t make him bright. 
    Wow
  • Options
    Massara133Massara133 Stettler AB Canada Posts: 430
    There’s melodies in this song that are  incredible, best on the album, but the verses just feel so clunky to me. To me, Seven O’Clock is Gigaton’s Sirens.
  • Options
    unforgivenunforgiven Posts: 378
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

The US has handle this crisis terribly, I do not think a lot of people realise what is coming their way. Trump has been talking about having everything opened back up for Easter? If that is done he will cause tens of thousands or deaths, if not more!