Options

Seven O’clock

Comments

• Options
    se7v7en said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    A beautiful take down of trump.  
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. The president has a 60% approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus crisis. He wisely decided to enact a travel ban for people arriving from China VERY EARLY ON (Jan. 31 to be exact). He was branded a racist and xenophobe by the media and fools like Bernie and Biden. ALL experts NOW agree that Trump's bold decision gave the U.S. a head start in containing the virus and has saved countless Americans from contracting the virus, many of whom would be dead now. Besides, Trump WILL be President for 4 more years and 8 months so you might as well make the best of it - it's your life...
    You are very confused, we were as illed prepared as possible given the head start we could have had.  It was coming here with or without travel ban, the key was to be prepared for when it arrived and Trump was busy crying Hoax and worrying solely how it would effect him.  There are examples of other nations who have had much better success dealing with the virus, they simply got their ducks in a row before it got there.  There is no reason we should be asking, oh wow how did South Korea get their arms around this so much more easily than the United States of America.  But i guess that's not the story on fox "news" (entertainment)....
    At least be accurate. He never called the virus a hoax. You probably still think his "good people on both sides" was a shout out to white supremacists. When you misrepresent what people say by taking things out of context, you burn your argument to the ground before it has a chance to stand. 
  • Options
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. 

LOL. You include a gif to show everyone you don't know the meaning of the word "ironic" or how to use it. Classic.
  • Options
    Saltzy23 said:
    He locked the back door, but left the front door and all the windows open allowing people from pretty much everywhere but Asia to come over and infect us.

He also lied his stupid fat fucking face over and over about how 'under control' this all was for weeks, when that literally could not have been further from the truth.

Such a stable genius!

None of this matters right now.  This crisis is going to be the most researched thing in history, and when these little things called FACTS come out and the US ranks towards or at the absolute bottom in how we dealt with it anyone with 1/2 a brain will realize how terrible we handled this.

....and 1/3 of the country will still stand by their moron leader and say it was Jiiiina's fault, or a Democrat hoax, or anything they need to do to keep the cognitive dissidence faucet running that their dear leader is not a con artist idiot. 
    Angry desperation. Looks like you're gearing up for a very disappointing November. Don't break your ankles stomping your feet into the concrete. Dementia Joe can't save you.
  • Options
    rtwilli4rtwilli4 Posts: 261
    PD279656 said:
    Great song really enjoy it. 

The guy who said bush/cheney being war mongorers is spot on but I assume you just closed your eyes when Obama "their dicks and fix and fire things" all over the middle east. 

The person who said the US doesn't know what is coming please give me a break thats a joke we aren't Italy and we won't be becoming Italy. 

This is being handled at the state and local level. The federal government has been and will always be useless no matter who is in office. It's Hollywood for ugly people. There's been a hilarious lack of leadership from politicians all across America just pointing fingers and trying to save their own asses. The media is tossing gasoline on this and nobody can figure anything out. 

But I really enjoy the song.....
    One of the more sensible posts on here. I hope you’re right about the US being different from Italy. I live in London (but am American) and the rest of the world is very worried about the US. 
  • Options
    The JugglerThe Juggler Behind that bush over there. Posts: 47,312
    Smellyman said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. The president has a 60% approval rating for his handling of the coronavirus crisis. He wisely decided to enact a travel ban for people arriving from China VERY EARLY ON (Jan. 31 to be exact). He was branded a racist and xenophobe by the media and fools like Bernie and Biden. ALL experts NOW agree that Trump's bold decision gave the U.S. a head start in containing the virus and has saved countless Americans from contracting the virus, many of whom would be dead now. Besides, Trump WILL be President for 4 more years and 8 months so you might as well make the best of it - it's your life...
    I cannot see how anyone can think Trump has done a good job handling this.

1. Got rid of the pandemic task force.
    2. Didn't listen to the intelligence community about the possibility of a pandemic from this. 
    3. Downplayed this at the beginning (and is still downplaying it now), which is contributing to people not taking the stay at home orders seriously.

A lot of Fox viewers and right wing radio listening mouth breathers in the US.  Remaining ignorant is a badge of honor among them.
    A lot of snowflakes who have whined non-stop since Fall 2016. Good luck with Dementia Joe. Hilarious.
    Snowflake say what

chinese-happy.jpg
  • Options
    on2legson2legs Standing in the Jersey rain… Posts: 14,446
    Smellyman said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

2. Didn't listen to the intelligence community about the possibility of a pandemic from this. 
    3. Downplayed this at the beginning (and is still downplaying it now), which is contributing to people not taking the stay at home orders seriously.

A lot of Fox viewers and right wing radio listening mouth breathers in the US.  Remaining ignorant is a badge of honor among them.
    A lot of snowflakes who have whined non-stop since Fall 2016. Good luck with Dementia Joe. Hilarious.
    Snowflake say what

That’s gold! 😀
    1996: Randall's Island 2  1998: East Rutherford | MSG 1 & 2  2000: Cincinnati | Columbus | Jones Beach 1, 2, & 3 | Boston 1 | Camden 1 & 2 2003: Philadelphia | Uniondale | MSG 1 & 2 | Holmdel  2005: Atlantic City 1  2006: Camden 1 | East Rutherford 1 & 2 2008: Camden 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Newark (EV)  2009: Philadelphia 1, 2 & 4  2010: Newark | MSG 1 & 2  2011: Toronto 1  2013: Wrigley Field | Brooklyn 2 | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore  2015: Central Park  2016: Philadelphia 1 & 2 | MSG 1 & 2 | Fenway Park 2 | MSG (TOTD)  2017: Brooklyn (RnR HOF)  2020: MSG | Asbury Park  2021: Asbury Park  2022: MSG | Camden | Nashville  2024: MSG 1 & 2 (#50) | Philadelphia 1 & 2 | Baltimore

• Options
    Pay no mind to that Darth Lizard guy. Just here looking for arguments - one look at their post history shows they are not here in good faith
  • Options
    neddie vedderneddie vedder 93 million miles from the sun Posts: 191
    I thought we were here to discuss the song
    Manchester 09, Hyde Park 10, Berlin 10, Manchester 1+2 2012, EV Manchester 2012, EV London 1+2 2012, Amsterdam 1+2 2014, Leeds 2014, Milton Keynes 2014, EV London 1+2 2017, EV Dublin 2017, London 2018, Milan 2018, Padova 2018, Rome 2018, Berlin 2018, EV Florence 2019, EV Barolo 2019, EV Madrid 2019, Berlin 2022, London 1+2 2022, Budapest 2022, Krakow 2022, Amsterdam 2022

• Options
    Spiritual_ChaosSpiritual_Chaos Posts: 29,067
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:
    You (and especially Eddie) need to grow up and stop the Trump bashing, you're embarrassing yourselves. 

LOL. You include a gif to show everyone you don't know the meaning of the word "ironic" or how to use it. Classic.
    LOL. In what way am I using it wrong? Classic.
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    electronblueelectronblue WPB Florida Posts: 3,458
    Seven O' Clock soars with Buckle Up not far behind!!!!
    "Forgive every being,
    the bad feelings 
    it's just me"

• Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Saltzy23 said:
    He locked the back door, but left the front door and all the windows open allowing people from pretty much everywhere but Asia to come over and infect us.

He also lied his stupid fat fucking face over and over about how 'under control' this all was for weeks, when that literally could not have been further from the truth.

Such a stable genius!

None of this matters right now.  This crisis is going to be the most researched thing in history, and when these little things called FACTS come out and the US ranks towards or at the absolute bottom in how we dealt with it anyone with 1/2 a brain will realize how terrible we handled this.

....and 1/3 of the country will still stand by their moron leader and say it was Jiiiina's fault, or a Democrat hoax, or anything they need to do to keep the cognitive dissidence faucet running that their dear leader is not a con artist idiot. 
    Angry desperation. Looks like you're gearing up for a very disappointing November. Don't break your ankles stomping your feet into the concrete. Dementia Joe can't save you.
    Trump wears a diaper....are you sure you want to go there?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    spankyMPspankyMP NY to NC to NH Posts: 1,186
    Anyway brother....it’s a great song.
    Randall's Island 9/29/96, Continental Arena 9/8/98, MSG 9/10/98, Jones Beach 8/23/00, 8/24/00, 8/25/00, Nassau Coliseum 4/30/03, MSG 7/8/03, 7/9/03, Continental Arena 6/1/06, 6/3/06, MSG 6/24/08, 6/25/08, Spectrum 10/30/09, 10/31/09, MSG 5/20/10, 5/21/10, PJ20 9/3/11, 9/4/11, Charlottesville 10/29/13, Charlotte 10/30/13, Global Citizen 9/26/15, Raleigh 4/20/16 :( Baltimore 3/28/20 :( Austin 9/18/23, 9/19/23, Forum 5/21/24, Philly 9/7/24, Baltimore 9/12/24, Fenway 9/17/24
  • Options
    mace1229mace1229 Posts: 9,016
    edited March 2020
    Saltzy23 said:

Such a stable genius!

Saltzy23 said:

Such a stable genius!

At the request of some I want to keep this thread about the song. But I replied on the coronavirus thread.
    Post edited by mace1229 on
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    I can’t get enough of this song. So much to discover with each listen. 

It’s just beautiful . 
  • Options
    JV267526JV267526 Posts: 197

It’s just beautiful . 
    Totally agree. Unbelievable tune. 
  • Options
    southpsouthp Posts: 269
    I absolutely love Seven O'Clock. The verse into the chorus bit is just beautiful and quite lush-sounding for a Pearl Jam song.  Meanwhile that "much to be done" part at the end gets stuck in my head more than any other lyric on the album. 
  • Options
    wndowpaynewndowpayne Posts: 1,469
    Sounds like Eddie used some of the " Sirens" outro into the end of this one.
    Charlottesville 2013
    Hampton 2016

• Options
    cowboyzekecowboyzeke Charm City Posts: 30
    I’ve seen my fair share of PJ shows and Unthought Known never fails to build to that incredible peak...I think Seven O Clock can be that type of live song.  It’s easily my favorite on the album.  Thanks PJ for bringing the goods!  We’re not worthy!
  • Options
    It's not particularly complex sonically, but it is damn catchy. Like several of you mentioned above, I cannot resist belting out the choruses and the outro whenever I listen to this song. Will be great to hear live.
  • Options
    Mike D88Mike D88 Tampa Posts: 723
    Smellyman said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Snowflake say what

Is there a bigger snowflake on this forum than Darth? It's like he gets an alert any time someone criticizes his TV daddy
    i-Brzk3Rdjpg
    2008 Tampa - 2013 Buffalo - 2016 Tampa - 2016 Fenway II
    Audioslave 2005 MSG
  • Options
    Gern BlanstenGern Blansten Your Mom's Posts: 17,986
    Mike D88 said:
    Smellyman said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Snowflake say what

Is there a bigger snowflake on this forum than Darth? It's like he gets an alert any time someone criticizes his TV daddy
    No shit....tRump didn't come out and say "the virus is a hoax" but he did refer to the democrats criticizing his response to the virus as a hoax....what's the fucking difference?
    Remember the Thomas Nine !! (10/02/2018)

1998: Noblesville; 2003: Noblesville; 2009: EV Nashville, Chicago, Chicago
    2010: St Louis, Columbus, Noblesville; 2011: EV Chicago, East Troy, East Troy
    2013: London ON, Chicago; 2014: Cincy, St Louis, Moline (NO CODE)
    2016: Lexington, Wrigley #1; 2018: Wrigley, Wrigley, Boston, Boston
    2020: Oakland, Oakland:  2021: EV Ohana, Ohana, Ohana, Ohana
    2022: Oakland, Oakland, Nashville, Louisville; 2023: Chicago, Chicago, Noblesville
    2024: Noblesville, Wrigley, Wrigley, Ohana, Ohana
  • Options
    RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,011
    Can we PLEASE keep this thread free of the political bickery?
    Yes, I may have just made that word up, but it fits.
  • Options
    EB218946EB218946 Posts: 3,835
    Love the trippiness of the song.
  • Options
    Daron OshayDaron Oshay Middletown, NJ Posts: 2,495
    It’s insane what devolves here just because Ed speaks his mind 
  • Options
    D-RodD-Rod Hamilton, Ontario Posts: 1,803
    Didn’t like this song on first listen.  after a dozen it is amazing.  Song reminds me of Thin Air.  At least the first couple of minutes. 
    1996.....Toronto
    2005.....Hamilton
    2011.....Toronto N1, Toronto N2, Hamilton
    2013.....London, Buffalo
    2014.....Detroit
    2016.....Toronto N1 Toronto N2, Boston  N1, Boston N2, Chicago N1
    2018.....Seattle N1, Seattle N2
    2022.....San Diego, Los Angeles N1, Los Angeles N2, Phoenix, Oakland N1, Oakland N2, Quebec City, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto  
    2023.....Fort Worth N1, Fort Worth N2, Austin N1, Austin N2
    2024.....???? 
  • Options
    slightofjeffslightofjeff Posts: 7,757
    Someone somewhere I don't remember who described it as if Springsteen wrote a song for Yield, and I totally get that description.
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • Options
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Asking again, in what way did I use it wrong? LOL. Classic?
    "Mostly I think that people react sensitively because they know you’ve got a point"
  • Options
    Smellyman said:
    shecky said:
    SM10080 said:

Snowflake say what

@Darth Lizard King

• Options
    JV267526 said:

It’s just beautiful . 
    Totally agree. Unbelievable tune. 

... and I double that! I am so into this song and just can't get enough... it reflects perfectly those morning thoughts and the music is just stunning... and above  it has so much more to offer... increadible, indeed. :blush:
    there is no way to peace, peace is the way!
    ...the world is come undone, I like to change it everyday but change don't come at once, it's a wave, building before it breaks.
  • Options
    HendogHendog Posts: 15
    Great song and definitely my favourite on the album. Love the shot he takes at the "Hangman in Dreamland" that being "God"......oh and also taking a shot at Trump 😏.

Amazingly put together song that says (in my opinion) that no matter what has happened in the past, imaginary beings or people in charge who don't want to listen to people smarter than them screw things up, in the end there is always hope.