North American Tour Postponement FAQ

SeaSea Earth Posts: 2,903
edited April 2020 in The Porch
News April 8 2020

1. Will tickets purchased for the postponed shows be valid for the rescheduled dates?

Yes. All tickets will be honored for the new show dates. Those who are unable to make the show will have the option of getting their tickets refunded. Refunds will take place at your point of purchase. 

Note: TM will notify Ten Club ticket purchasers once the Ticketstoday customer service center is reopened and able to continue processing refunds upon request.

2. Will the European shows get postponed?

London's BST festival was officially canceled on April 8th.  For more information and the event statement, please visit: (https://www.bst-hydepark.com/event-info/2020-update)

We are still assessing the rest of the 2020 European tour dates with partners and plan to have a full tour update on Friday, April 10th. We appreciate your patience in understanding that Ten Club customer service has no further information to share until then.

3. When will you have the rescheduled dates?

We are working as fast as we can with all our partners to confirm new dates in a fluid situation. We ask you to please refrain from contacting venues and promoters as they will not have any additional information to provide you.

4. You reference leg 1 of a tour, does this mean there will be a leg 2?

Yes, we hope so! We are working to maximize the number of opportunities to play music for you guys. Stay tuned.

5. Will Gigaton Listening Experience in Dolby Atmos still be taking place in movie theaters around the world?

No. This immersive experience was scheduled to premiere in theaters worldwide on March 25th but we are aware several markets have already postponed or cancelled their screenings and we believe more will follow suit in the coming days. As this public health crisis continues to unfold, we have made the unfortunate decision to postpone ALL of the March 25th “Gigaton Theatrical Listening Experience” events until they can be safely rescheduled.

We are working closely with all of our exhibitors around the world to quickly re-schedule these events as soon as possible.

The ticketing for this event was managed by local theaters and they will also be overseeing the ticket refund/transfer process. As each theater will be following their own ticketing systems, we ask you to please consult your point of sale for further information regarding refunds and/or transferring to the new date when scheduled.

6. When did you make the decision to postpone leg 1?

We have been through a lot as a band over the past 30 years and we did not make this decision lightly. Our team worked tirelessly to see if we could keep the tour going. It became clear by Monday afternoon that we would not be able to - in good conscience - head out on the road. Even though our gear was already en route and our crew was on the ground for rehearsals, we made the difficult decision to postpone. We wanted you all to know as soon as we knew so you could make your own plans.

7. Does anyone in the band have coronavirus?

No. We postponed the tour out of an abundance of caution and concern for our fans, our touring staff, and everyone’s families and communities. We appreciate everyone’s support. We continue to follow the precautionary measures recommended by the King County Health Department and urge everyone to do the same. 

8. Does this affect the album release?

No. We can’t wait to share new music with you on March 27th.

9. Can I still get the new album and/or merchandise from the PJ store?

Yes. We are still shipping orders and will close the web store if we are unable to fulfill orders for any reason.

10. Is the Omaze campaign still taking place?

Yes. We will still be flying a lucky winner out to NYC for two incredible shows (plus breakfast with Stone and Mike) once tour dates are rescheduled. Thank you to everyone who participated in the campaign.

*updated March 14th, 9 am PT

Post edited by Sea on

Comments

• PJNBPJNB Posts: 12,622
    Thanks and the update is much appreciated. It is a tough decision you guys had to make and hope I can make the new dates work somehow. 
  • Hawk123Hawk123 Posts: 1,977
    Thanks for the updates!
  • JimmyVJimmyV Boston's MetroWest Posts: 18,810
    This is great to see, thanks for posting. Stay healthy in Seattle.

"...I changed by not changing at all..."
  • sean9769sean9769 Baltimore Posts: 57
    edited March 2020
    😷
    Post edited by sean9769 on
    2013 Baltimore
    2016 Philly1 
    2016 Fenway2
    2016 Wrigley 2
    2016 Temple of the Dog MSG
    2016 Temple of the Dog Seattle2
    2017 Soundgarden Detroit   RIP Chris Cornell
    2018 Seattle1
    2018 Seattle2
    2019 Chris Cornell Tribute LA
    2024 Baltimore 

• JB16057JB16057 Posts: 1,269
    Communication is so important when handling business decisions and customers.....
  • demetriosdemetrios Canada Posts: 87,314
    Thanks for the update. 
  • Much, much appreciated update. Honest, clear and direct answers. With a leg 2 possibly combining leg 1 venues, we'll have a hell of a summer listening to some Gigaton by the pool, lake and beach, followed by a fall for the ages.

Montreal 98, 00, 03, 05, 11
    Toronto 03, 06, 11
    Ottawa 05, 11
    Quebec 05; Saratoga 00; Boston 04; Toledo 04
    Albany 06; Honolulu 06; Hartford 08
    Costa Rica 11
    London (Ont.), Hartford 13
    Quebec, Fenway 1 + 2 16; London 18
    EV Montreal (2), Berkeley II, Albany, Boston, London (UK)

• CO278952CO278952 Orlando, FL Posts: 1,225
    Thanks for the updates!!
    4.17.94 Paramount 9.28.96 Randall's Island 8.25.00 Jones Beach 4.28.03 Spectrum 7.5.03 Camden 7.6.03 Camden
    07.08.03 MSG 07.09.03 MSG 7.12.03 Hershey 7.14.03 Holmdel 6.12.08 Tampa 10.19.13 Brooklyn 4.11.16 Tampa
    5.1.16 MSG 5.2.16 MSG 8.7.16 Fenway 9.2.18 Fenway 9.4.18 Fenway 9.11.22 MSG 9.16.22 Nashville 9.18.23 Austin 9.19.23 Austin
  • lmckenney24lmckenney24 Posts: 1,927
    Great update, thank you!
  • MonkeyDan72MonkeyDan72 Posts: 676
    LEG 2! 🦵🦵

=) 
  • pearlgirl52pearlgirl52 At a Pearl Jam show, hopefully. Posts: 653
    LEG 2! 🦵🦵

=) 
    🤘
  • Thank you very much PJ and 10C for the updates!
  • myoung321myoung321 Posts: 2,855
    edited March 2020
    Thanks @Sea  

You know.. between the original letter and this update letter it's clear the decision was truely difficult and anguished over, but the correct one.

The original written letter by Ed and whom ever penned this update were both written from a personal perspective.  

It shows the character of everyone associated with this band for not sending out form letters from some PR firm.. Both letter and update are obviously written from the heart. Seems like a trivial point, but it's not at all...  

Thank You! We'll see ya when we see ya! 
    Post edited by myoung321 on
    "The heart and mind are the true lens of the camera." - Yusuf Karsh

• RiotAct41RiotAct41 Posts: 17
    take THAT, Covid-19.
  • MakingWavesMakingWaves Posts: 1,288
    Thank you. 
    Seeing visions of falling up somehow.

Pensacola '94
    New Orleans '95
    Birmingham '98
    New Orleans '00
    New Orleans '03
    Tampa '08
    New Orleans '10 - Jazzfest
    New Orleans '16 - Jazzfest
    Fenway Park '18
    St. Louis '22
  • RunIntoTheRainRunIntoTheRain Texas Posts: 1,009
    Thank you.
  • oftenreadingoftenreading Victoria, BC Posts: 12,821
    Appreciate this update. Even if not much is certain, at least the effort was made to keep us informed in a human way. 
    my small self... like a book amongst the many on a shelf
  • RatherStarvedRatherStarved Posts: 4,099
    +1.  
    PJ: 2013: London (ON); Buffalo; 2014: Cincinnati; 2016: Sunrise, Miami, Toronto 1-2, Wrigley 2; 2018: London (UK) 1, Milan, Padova, Sea 2, Wrigley 1-2, Fenway 1-2; 2021: SHN, Ohana, Ohana Encore 1-2; 2022: LA 1-2, Phx, Oak 1-2, Fresno, Copenhagen, Hyde Park 1-2; Quebec, Ottawa, Hamilton, Toronto; MSG, Camden, Nashville, Louisville, St. Louis, OKC; 2023: St. Paul 1-2, Chicago 1-2; Fort Worth 2; Austin 1-2

EV Solo: 2017 Louisville and Franklin, 2018 Ohana, 2019 Innings Fest, Berlin, Düsseldorf, Dublin and Ohana; 2021 Ohana Friday (from beach) and Saturday; 2022 Earthlings Newark; 2023 Innings Fest and Benoraya 1-2.

Gutted:  London 2 2018, Sacramento 2022, Noblesville 2023
  • evsgjammevsgjamm Posts: 2,102
    By the time this all blows over, we're gonna all have one helluva party celebrating healthy life again. I have a feeling summer is going to KICK SOME ASS and Corona is going to flow again lol. Peace and love from Alberta, Canada.
    Vancouver '03, Paramount Theatre '05, Saskatoon '05, Calgary '05, Edmonton '05, Saskatoon '11, Calgary '11, Calgary '13

2010 WATCH IT GO TO FIRE!!
  • hedonisthedonist standing on the edge of forever Posts: 24,524
    We're all weathering this damned storm.

Related to what often said, Nos. 6 and 7 seemed more personal to me in terms of offering insight.

Thanks for posting this, Sea.
  • MikusxkmMikusxkm Posts: 33
    Thank you for the update! Even though I may not be strong enough to make it to your concert if it is too far off (health crap) I appreciate your concern for your family members, the band members, your staff and their family members and the concern for your fans and their families and communities. You have your priorities straight. As someone with a compromised immune system I am one of the people who you are helping to protect by turning your own lives upside down! You did the right thing......per usual! It’s just the kind of people you are! Stay safe and healthy. I am going to do my best to keep up my strength and hopefully see you in concert again. If it doesn’t happen, I would like to thank you for the 2 best concerts I have ever seen. That is saying a lot as I live a few miles from Red Rocks (Colorado) and have been to some pretty awesome concerts. You beat them all hands down! Your music has and is a pretty great tonic for me. I am always happier blasting some Pearl Jam music to keep me company. 
    Best to you all and I am going to try like hell to be there when you are able to safely tour!
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    Thank you for the update! And thank you for honoring the Euro tickets as well, even though I don’t even want to think about the tour being postponed. Stay healthy everyone 
  • axellaire8axellaire8 Belgium Posts: 222
    Thank you very much for this update!!!!

1996: Paris/2006: Paris/2007: Werchter/2010: Werchter/2012: Amsterdam 1 and Werchter/2014: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2018: Amsterdam 1&2 and Werchter/2022: Werchter and Amsterdam 2

EV: 2012: Amsterdam/2017: Antwerpen/2019: Bruxelles

• JuneNCashJuneNCash Ventura, CA Posts: 22
    Still find this to be complete horsecrap and an overreaction 
  • JPPJ84JPPJ84 Hamburg, Germany Posts: 3,434
    JuneNCash said:
    You’re entitled to your opinion 
  • Lol. Whoever did the FAQ's should have done the original message instead of Ed.  Much clear headed.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • JuneNCash said:
    Maybe, but who cares? It's a concert.  Even if you think the only reason they're doing it is to make people feel better, so what? Isn't that the point of a concert anyway?  You'll be ok even if the concert never happens (which it will).  Did you have March 30 (or whatever date your show is on) as the target date for a concert before they announced it?  So, now you have tickets for a show, but no date. That sounds like you're in a better position than before they announced the tour in the first place.  Relax and enjoy the day.
    Sorry. The world doesn't work the way you tell it to.
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • eboweddieeboweddie Posts: 914
    They had no choice 

i wish i wish i wish i wish, i guess it never stops
  • mfc2006mfc2006 HTOWN Posts: 37,368
    Great update! Thanks!
    I LOVE MUSIC.
    www.cluthelee.com
    www.cluthe.com